North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - South Tyne Lad - 29 Jan 2016

(29 Jan 2016, 8:02 pm)Michael wrote Wonder if they'll replace that then, it might take a while but it'll be worth it... as long as they get new trains to Tongue

It will have to be replaced in the coming years otherwise reliability will get worse and cuase yet more delays.

Would love New trains yet it looks like a few more years till they enter service, It was a bad idea to refurbish trains to last another 15 years when they were already life expired.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Andreos1 - 30 Jan 2016

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/metro-delays-staff-member-leg-10812119

Delays on the Metro after an incident at Central.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BusLoverMum - 30 Jan 2016

(30 Jan 2016, 3:32 pm)Andreos1 wrote http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/metro-delays-staff-member-leg-10812119

Delays on the Metro after an incident at Central.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local/all-news/metro-hold-ups-after-worker-s-leg-trapped-between-train-and-platform-1-7706143

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BusLoverMum - 01 Feb 2016

Already, today, an early Sunderland train cancelled and now one stuck on the bridge. I think it's a little unfair blaming the operator for the weather but there does appear to have been one major problem after another, recently.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-leader-calls-metro-contract-10814497

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 01 Feb 2016

(01 Feb 2016, 9:25 am)BusLoverMum wrote Already, today, an early Sunderland train cancelled and now one stuck on the bridge. I think it's a little unfair blaming the operator for the weather but there does appear to have been one major problem after another, recently.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-leader-calls-metro-contract-10814497

Its getting worse.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 01 Feb 2016

South Shields is closed and trains will not be stopping at this station until further notice. This is due to an ambulance attending. Stagecoach are accepting Metro tickets on bus services all buses between South Shields and Chichester. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

(01 Feb 2016, 8:38 pm)DanPicken wrote South Shields is closed and trains will not be stopping at this station until further notice. This is due to an ambulance attending. Stagecoach are accepting Metro tickets on bus services all buses between South Shields and Chichester. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

I hope they are ok.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Andreos1 - 01 Feb 2016

There was a feature on look north earlier after Nick Forbes warned Db about their performance.
They're on a notice to improve apparently and if they don't, the contract will be terminated.
Db have stated they aim to improve communication.

https://www.facebook.com/bbcnewcastle/videos/10153416083026279/

There are delays systemwide due to a train being withdrawn from service. Delays of up to 15 mins between Airport and South Hylton Delays of up to 15 mins between St James and South Shields Delays of up to 15 mins between South Gosforth and Pelaw

3rd one today?

(01 Feb 2016, 8:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote There was a feature on look north earlier after Nick Forbes warned Db about their performance.
They're on a notice to improve apparently and if they don't, the contract will be terminated.
Db have stated they aim to improve communication.

https://www.facebook.com/bbcnewcastle/videos/10153416083026279/

How many times have they said that?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BusLoverMum - 01 Feb 2016

(01 Feb 2016, 10:47 pm)Michael wrote There are delays systemwide due to a train being withdrawn from service. Delays of up to 15 mins between Airport and South Hylton Delays of up to 15 mins between St James and South Shields  Delays of up to 15 mins between South Gosforth and Pelaw

3rd one today?

At least.

And trains were terminating at Chichester, earlier, as there was an ambulance on scene at South Shields. Another unavoidable one, but it doesn't go down well when there's so much disruption.

(01 Feb 2016, 10:50 pm)BusLoverMum wrote At least.

And trains were terminating at Chichester, earlier, as there was an ambulance on scene at South Shields. Another unavoidable one, but it doesn't go down well when there's so much disruption.

Ye the one at South Shields couldnt be helped.

I hope the person who needed the ambulance is alright.

Today:

3 trains withdrawn causing massive delays. 
1 ambulance attending - delays again but can't be helped.

I wonder who'll bid for the contract but who ever takes over needs to promise some, if not all these things:

New trains
Better prices
Better communication
Be prepared for issues on the track/stations etc.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 02 Feb 2016

There are no trains running between Pelaw and Brockley Whins in both directions, this is due to a technical fault. We will update you once we have more information.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - South Tyne Lad - 02 Feb 2016

(02 Feb 2016, 4:11 pm)Michael wrote There are no trains running between Pelaw and Brockley Whins in both directions, this is due to a technical fault. We will update you once we have more information.

Yet again the non standard OLE is playing up again.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 02 Feb 2016

(02 Feb 2016, 4:11 pm)Michael wrote There are no trains running between Pelaw and Brockley Whins in both directions, this is due to a technical fault. We will update you once we have more information.

No complaints from me on this occasion as it didn't affect me... I was still at work, and they fixed it by the time I finished! Smile

(02 Feb 2016, 6:21 pm)Dan wrote No complaints from me on this occasion as it didn't affect me... I was still at work, and they fixed it by the time I finished! Smile

Same here, I've been in the house all day, at placement tomorrow and back to college on Thursday........ using Northern now on a morning instead of the metro and hopefully the same on the way back

There are delays of up to 15 mins to trains running between South Gosforth and South Hylton due to a failed train. Please leave extra time for your journey.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 03 Feb 2016

Tyne and Wear Metro
37 mins ·
There are delays systemwide due to a technical fault. Delays of up to 20 mins between Airport and South Hylton Delays of up to 20 mins between St James and South Shields Delays of up to 20 mins between South Gosforth and Pelaw

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - biglugs@yahoo.com - 03 Feb 2016

(03 Feb 2016, 7:25 pm)Michael wrote Tyne and Wear Metro
37 mins ·
There are delays systemwide due to a technical fault. Delays of up to 20 mins between Airport and South Hylton Delays of up to 20 mins between St James and South Shields Delays of up to 20 mins between South Gosforth and Pelaw

Disgraceful every day now absolute joke

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 03 Feb 2016

(03 Feb 2016, 7:50 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Disgraceful every day now absolute joke

Better not be tomorrow afternoon after I've finished uni, as i normally just miss the Northern train........... Northern train on the morning though.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - idiot - 04 Feb 2016

A lot of people are blaming DB on social media but I do think it's nexus fault as DB just run it.

Also did nexus try to secure funding for new trains or just the bid to refurb?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - South Tyne Lad - 04 Feb 2016

(04 Feb 2016, 8:57 am)idiot wrote A lot of people are blaming DB on social media but I do think it's nexus fault as DB just run it.

Also did nexus try to secure funding for new trains or just the bid to refurb?

Both partys are to blame for the farse that is the Metro

DB are to blame for the constant failings on Metrocars and the upkeep and cleaning of the Metrocars ( Cleaning is Subcontracted )
Nexus are to blame for track, signals and Other Infastructure failings.

The section between Pelaw and South Hylton ( Particularly the Brockley Whins area ) is plagued by OLE Fualts and cant be fixed properly due to it being Non Standard and no Knwoledge of the type.

That section is Network Rail managed but Nexus chose the OLE for the trains to run on back in 2002 so even though Nexus blame the faults on Network Rail, Its actually there fault.

Nexus only bid for Refurbishment of the already life expired trains because with all projects up here, If it costs a lot its never going to be funded by Government.

New trains and extensions will come in a separate bill to the Government in the Mid 2020s unless the reliability of the current Metrocars falls to unacceptable levels.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 04 Feb 2016

Seems the metro reckons they'll have new trains between 2020-2025....

A pic is on the "sort the metro", can't link the picture, as i'm on my phone.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 08 Feb 2016

The £6m refurbishment of the Metro concourse and platforms at Central Station in Newcastle will mean that the station has to close completely for three full days in March.

Nexus, which owns and manages Metro, is to shut Metro Central Station from 8pm on Thursday March 10 until the end of Metro services Sunday March 13.

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2016-02-08/newcastle-central-metro-closing-for-three-days-in-march/

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Diamond One - 08 Feb 2016

(08 Feb 2016, 1:46 pm)Michael wrote The £6m refurbishment of the Metro concourse and platforms at Central Station in Newcastle will mean that the station has to close completely for three full days in March.

Nexus, which owns and manages Metro, is to shut Metro Central Station from 8pm on Thursday March 10 until the end of Metro services Sunday March 13.

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2016-02-08/newcastle-central-metro-closing-for-three-days-in-march/
Thank god it doesn't effect me at all I regular use monument when I travel to Newcastle only use station if am getting rail tickets or travelling to Destination TBA could be anywhere within Britain

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 12 Feb 2016

Tyne and Wear Metro
33 mins ·
There are minor delays to trains running between South Shields and St James due to a technical fault. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Not sure if this is part of the earlier delays or something new
--------------

Anyway here's the one off earlier:

Tyne and Wear Metro
52 mins ·
We're operating with delays of up to 15 mins to some services this morning, due to a signal fault at Monkseaton.

We are working to restore services to timetable asap and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 12 Feb 2016

4050 doesn't sound healthy at all.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 12 Feb 2016

Reminder that there will be no trains this weekend between Wallsend-St James. Who's doing the 900?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Jimmi - 12 Feb 2016

(12 Feb 2016, 4:49 pm)DanPicken wrote Reminder that there will be no trains this weekend between Wallsend-St James. Who's doing the 900?
Arriva.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 12 Feb 2016

(12 Feb 2016, 5:28 pm)Jimmi wrote Arriva.

Thanks Jimmi, just as I don't remember seeing anything in the Upcoming Changes.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Diamond One - 12 Feb 2016

(12 Feb 2016, 5:28 pm)Jimmi wrote Arriva.

Thank god Newcastle United are not at home this weekend otherwise it would cause chaos I think the theory would be best to put it on this weekend as Newcastle United are away to Chelsea and Sunderland are at Home to Manchester United