North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - ASX_Terranova - 03 Mar 2022

(03 Mar 2022, 1:56 pm)peter So it is, not sure where I plucked 30 minutes from - not that much faster but it's still something I suppose. 

Also worth noting the 46/46A will now interwork with 51/51A

Even with a detour past Coach Lane Campus (Service Suggestion Incoming....), you can still do it in 36 minutes if you avoid Cramlington, Dudley, Annitsford, etc...

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 03 Mar 2022

Im surprised the havent sent the 51 into the Cobalt by now

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Train8261 - 03 Mar 2022

(03 Mar 2022, 6:18 pm)V514DFT Im surprised the havent sent the 51 into the Cobalt by now
54 is going into the Cobalt

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 03 Mar 2022

(03 Mar 2022, 10:08 am)peter Newcastle and North Tyneside timetables from 27th March are now available here.

The 55 is on borrowed time imo. It's only before long it's:

Customers wanting to travel between South Gosforth and Newcastle can use our X7 and X8 services, customers wishing to travel between Four Lane Ends towards Newcastle can use our 52 service (the ministry is closing soon). Customers in other areas have services provided by Stagecoach North East.

Also the X7 and X8 need renumbering as they're less express than they've ever been. Might aswell just number it 363 as that was more express than what it is now.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Shrek - 03 Mar 2022

I keep reading that the 55 is on borrowed time, but I've had to spend a lot of time on it recently and it's always busy. Do I just get unlucky and hit the busy bus every time?

(03 Mar 2022, 8:28 pm)Shrek I keep reading that the 55 is on borrowed time, but I've had to spend a lot of time on it recently and it's always busy. Do I just get unlucky and hit the busy bus every time?

Have a feeling when the ministry goes, not sure when that is exactly, then it might struggle especially now the X7/X8 are doing between South Gosforth and Newcastle whereas now it's the only service along Matthew Bank.

The fact it's only hourly on a Sunday with no evening service won't help it at all either.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - rc81 - 03 Mar 2022

The new x9 means all links for bebside/Cowpen to quorum and South Gosforth (freeman hospital) have now been lost if I'm reading it correctly. This appears a backwards step from arriva

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 03 Mar 2022

(03 Mar 2022, 9:35 pm)rc81 The new x9 means all links for bebside/Cowpen to quorum and South Gosforth (freeman hospital) have now been lost if I'm reading it correctly. This appears a backwards step from arriva
Not exactly, can change at Cramlington onto either the X8 or the 52 depending. I'm sure most will appreciate the faster links to Newcastle too and even though only 8 minutes quicker on paper, will be far more reliable than the 'outgoing' X8.

The current X8 route is a horrible route and the only other route I know off that's come close to topping Arriva's X8 in that category was GNE's 6 in 2015 when it did the old 6A route during Monday-Saturday daytimes via Tantobie & Burnopfield on top of it's usual route.

(03 Mar 2022, 9:35 pm)rc81 The new x9 means all links for bebside/Cowpen to quorum and South Gosforth (freeman hospital) have now been lost if I'm reading it correctly. This appears a backwards step from arriva

I'm not sure Bebside and Cowpen will really care about those links. They also gain a link to the Regent Centre and Gosforth in the process.

The moans are coming from the current X9 more so atm in particular about the loss of the bus from Amersham Drive to Cramlington / Blyth Waterloo Road (X7 misses it) for pensioners and people traveling to the Regent Centre from South Beach which you can't do without traveling in the wrong direction.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Train8261 - 03 Mar 2022

Can arriva renumber the X7/X8. There's no need for them now as they serve each stop now

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 04 Mar 2022

(03 Mar 2022, 10:08 am)peter Newcastle and North Tyneside timetables from 27th March are now available here.
Positive moves re Cobalt. Not sure whether they need to serve it all day mind. Peaks may suffice.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 04 Mar 2022

(04 Mar 2022, 12:52 pm)Andreos1 Positive moves re Cobalt. Not sure whether they need to serve it all day mind. Peaks may suffice.

The all-day service was to simplify the route rather than having different variations at different times.

A lot of people aren't stuck to 9-5, and never have been, so an all-day service makes sense to attract those people I guess.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 04 Mar 2022

(04 Mar 2022, 12:52 pm)Andreos1 Positive moves re Cobalt. Not sure whether they need to serve it all day mind. Peaks may suffice.

Probably trying to give people in the area an option to get everywhere without buying multi operator tickets since a certain operator decided to pull out everywhere. It also gives a decent commercial alternative for the 335 or whatever number variation it's got now. They used to both serve it until the traffic problems caused massive problems but the traffic problems are pretty much gone now so makes sense to go back in imo.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 04 Mar 2022

(04 Mar 2022, 1:15 pm)omnicity4659 The all-day service was to simplify the route rather than having different variations at different times.

A lot of people aren't stuck to 9-5, and never have been, so an all-day service makes sense to attract those people I guess.
Yeah, I get the whole 9-5 thing doesn't exist, but there are huge chunks of the day when shift changes aren't happening.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 04 Mar 2022

(04 Mar 2022, 2:49 pm)Andreos1 Yeah, I get the whole 9-5 thing doesn't exist, but there are huge chunks of the day when shift changes aren't happening.

Damned if they do...

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 04 Mar 2022

(03 Mar 2022, 6:56 pm)Train8261 54 is going into the Cobalt
Whats that got to do with the price of cheese?,i said im surprised the 51 hasnt been sent in there yet,im well aware about the 54

(03 Mar 2022, 7:24 pm)Storx The 55 is on borrowed time imo. It's only before long it's:

Customers wanting to travel between South Gosforth and Newcastle can use our X7 and X8 services, customers wishing to travel between Four Lane Ends towards Newcastle can use our 52 service (the ministry is closing soon). Customers in other areas have services provided by Stagecoach North East.

Also the X7 and X8 need renumbering as they're less express than they've ever been. Might aswell just number it 363 as that was more express than what it is now.
Really surprised about the 55,i remember a time that it used to be rammed,used to be my local bus

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 05 Mar 2022

(04 Mar 2022, 7:09 pm)RobinHood Damned if they do...
Not really.
From an ops perspective, they're obviously doing it to make money. But if the route isn't making money beyond peaks and the re-routing costs both time and money (plus passengers providing negative feedback at other times)...

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 11 Mar 2022

(01 Mar 2022, 6:40 pm)peter Service Changes Registered on VOSA
Revised timetable: 2, 6, 7 (Durham), 7 (Yarm), 8, 15, 56, 57/57A, 64, 86, X12, X93
As mentioned in the Northumbria Tenders thread: X14, X15, X18 (58 withdrawn or re-contracted)

Details of changes in Darlington/Durham now available here and details of Middlesbrough/Stockton now available here.

Service 6, 7 and 64 re-increased in frequency but not quite to pre-pandemic levels: 6 and 64 will be every 15 minutes each, 7 will remain every 20 minutes on Saturday.

Service 86 withdrawn, seemingly to be replaced with DCC alternative.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Omega54 - 11 Mar 2022

(11 Mar 2022, 3:21 pm)peter Details of changes in Darlington/Durham now available here and details of Middlesbrough/Stockton now available here.

Service 6, 7 and 64 re-increased in frequency but not quite to pre-pandemic levels: 6 and 64 will be every 15 minutes each, 7 will remain every 20 minutes on Saturday.

Service 86 withdrawn, seemingly to be replaced with DCC alternative.
What alternative for the 86?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 11 Mar 2022

(11 Mar 2022, 3:31 pm)Omega54 What alternative for the 86?

It's not yet been confirmed