North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - gne_4993 - 30 Dec 2015

(29 Dec 2015, 6:05 pm)S813 FVK Mind Jesmond better be given a spare bus to MAX specification - i don't see why passengers should have to have a bus below the specification becaue a road is closed. Maybe one of the Ashington B7s (7412 etc)?

Sorry to tell you, but its not going to a MAX bus, it's not even going to be a low floor, its going to be a dart.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - S813 FVK - 30 Dec 2015

(30 Dec 2015, 9:21 am)gne_4993 Sorry to tell you, but its not going to a MAX bus, it's not even going to be a low floor, its going to be a dart.

For the short journey, i suppose it can kind of be considered acceptable. 

Aren't all Arriva's Darts low floor...?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 30 Dec 2015

Kudos to them for actually doing something and attempting to counter the inevitable delays around Gateshead.

Whether it is a popular service or not, they're attempting something different - which has the ultimate goal of assisting reliability.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 30 Dec 2015

(30 Dec 2015, 10:00 am)S813 FVK For the short journey, i suppose it can kind of be considered acceptable. 

Yes they are, all to DDA spec. It'll be almost MAX spec anyway if they send one of the ones refurbished earlier this year.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - gne_4993 - 31 Dec 2015

(30 Dec 2015, 10:00 am)S813 FVK For the short journey, i suppose it can kind of be considered acceptable. 

Thats my bad we class low floors as single deckers at the depot.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 04 Jan 2016

PB0002717/366 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between East Rainton and Easington Lane given service number 168 effective from 28-Feb-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - BusLoverMum - 04 Jan 2016

(04 Jan 2016, 12:51 pm)Jimmi PB0002717/366 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between East Rainton and Easington Lane given service number 168 effective from 28-Feb-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

That one's new to me. Does it just do East Rainton - Hetton le hole, at the moment?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 04 Jan 2016

(04 Jan 2016, 8:37 pm)BusLoverMum That one's new to me. Does it just do East Rainton - Hetton le hole, at the moment?

168 is a Nexus contracted service operated by Arriva, serving East Rainton and Hetton-le-Hole.

Current timetable.
http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/documents/bus/168-UAS-090614.pdf

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 04 Jan 2016

(04 Jan 2016, 8:41 pm)Jimmi 168 is a Nexus contracted service operated by Arriva, serving East Rainton and Hetton-le-Hole.

Current timetable.

Photo of the 168 service taken last summer:

[Image: 14710538545_5e29cbd1c7.jpg]Arriva North East: 221 / V221PCX by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

(04 Jan 2016, 8:41 pm)Jimmi 168 is a Nexus contracted service operated by Arriva, serving East Rainton and Hetton-le-Hole.

Current timetable.

(04 Jan 2016, 8:43 pm)Dan Photo of the 168 service taken last summer:

[Image: 14710538545_5e29cbd1c7.jpg]Arriva North East: 221 / V221PCX by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Ah, cheers. I made the mistake of trying to find it on the Arriva site and just got a load of nonsense.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - citaro5284 - 04 Jan 2016

(04 Jan 2016, 8:49 pm)BusLoverMum Ah, cheers. I made the mistake of trying to find it on the Arriva site and just got a load of nonsense.

Thats unusual for the Arriva website like..... Big Grin

(04 Jan 2016, 8:43 pm)Dan Photo of the 168 service taken last summer:

Any excuse to plug your Flickr Tongue  (mind I'm probably worse than you!)

That blind, with it's thin text is annoying me. Fortunately 1762's display wasn't showing it like that when I photographed the service. I'm pretty sure it still has that now messy looking advert and has done for some time!
 [Image: 19668503793_91982ce721.jpg]Arriva North East: 1762 / NK05 GVZ by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

168 is normally allocated MPD 1766 with 1762 often appearing when 1766 is VOR or on the 61/62.
(04 Jan 2016, 8:49 pm)BusLoverMum Ah, cheers. I made the mistake of trying to find it on the Arriva site and just got a load of nonsense.

I just tried searching 'arriva north east 168 timetable' on Google but got nowhere, so I ended up searching 'nexus bus timetables. then found it from there. Incredibly poor that the timetable doesn't appear to be on Arriva's website.

(04 Jan 2016, 8:56 pm)citaro5284 Thats unusual for the Arriva website like..... Big Grin

I often use other sites like Connect Tees Valley, Nexus etc. to find Arriva timetables, rather than spend half an hour finding the timetable you want on Arriva's website.

(04 Jan 2016, 9:00 pm)Jimmi Any excuse to plug your Flickr Tongue  (mind I'm probably worse than you!)

That blind, with it's thin text is annoying me. Fortunately 1762's display wasn't showing it like that when I photographed the service. I'm pretty sure it still has that now messy looking advert and has done for some time!
 [Image: 19668503793_91982ce721.jpg]Arriva North East: 1762 / NK05 GVZ by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

168 is normally allocated MPD 1766 with 1762 often appearing when 1766 is VOR or on the 61/62.

I just tried searching 'arriva north east 168 timetable' on Google but got nowhere, so I ended up searching 'nexus bus timetables. then found it from there. Incredibly poor that the timetable doesn't appear to be on Arriva's website.

I searched "arriva 168 rainton" and just got a nonsense departure table. And yes, I just checked and it doesn't show up if you go into the arriva NE site first and search from there.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 05 Jan 2016

(04 Jan 2016, 8:37 pm)BusLoverMum That one's new to me. Does it just do East Rainton - Hetton le hole, at the moment?

ANE won it a few years back.
Stanley and Classic had it prior to that, with all sorts appearing on it.
The seats on those MPD's are decent enough.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LeeCalder - 05 Jan 2016

(29 Dec 2015, 7:35 pm)Dan Make the most of your no-quibble money back guarantees, folks!

Surely that's not the case though?

The company can't give money back when it services beyond their control.

They've attempted to counter balance delays by adding an extra bus in, which will obviously be costing the company money to operate.

At least the X12 ran to timetable yesterday, Rob the security guard at Durham Bus Station outlined a 45 minute gap in 21 services. He labeled it a "Black hole", with services heading to Newcastle but not returning!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 05 Jan 2016

(05 Jan 2016, 11:26 am)LeeCalder Surely that's not the case though?

They've attempted to counter balance delays by adding an extra bus in, which will obviously be costing the company money to operate.

At least the X12 ran to timetable yesterday, Rob the security guard at Durham Bus Station outlined a 45 minute gap in 21 services. He labeled it a "Black hole", with services heading to Newcastle but not returning!

It's a shuttle service, the same as Felton Shuttle 115 which was provided by Jesmond's Solos. 

No-quibble money back guarantees can NOT be claimed.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 05 Jan 2016

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/updates/revisions-to-service-2829-in-teesside-from-21-february/

Changes to our services 28/29 have been posted on the website now.
They offer a revised service to the Marton & Nunthorpe areas, with a number of changes to the current services.
The main points are a reduction in frequency to Marton & Nunthorpe, whilst offering quicker journey times to the town centre from the furthest points including Lingdale, Guisborough and Stokesley.
Services will operate to revised routes in and around Marton, Easterside, Hospital and Saltersgill.

28/28A half hourly via Longlands, Hospital direct up Marton Road, then splitting via Mallowdale/Eagle Park and onwards to Nunthorpe, before the 28 goes off to Lingdale and the 28A will run to Stokesley via the bypass and Poole Hospital, picking up the current (29A) route.
29 half hourly Middlesbrough to Cypress Road as per the current route
29A half hourly Middlesbrough to Palladium, then via Saltersgill, Hospital, Marton Crossroads before terminating at Gainsborough Road in Marton Manor, running back to town via Easterside.
Overall frequencies will change at Nunthorpe (every 30), Marton (every 15), Easterside (every 15) whilst maintaining a 10 min frequency coming out of Middlesbrough - as well as bringing services back into the Longlands area of Middlesbrough

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - scania driver - 05 Jan 2016

Constant shuffling of the pack ! Every six or so months just as the punters are getting "used" to things its all thrown in the mix under the auspicies of making services more reliable and listening to what customers want. Want we want is consistency. When I was first introduced (OK this is a few years ago) we had in East Cleveland what I would call a complete bus service. Services ran between Redcar and Lofus with connections to Lingdale and Saltburn; and through fares. The whole thing ran like clockwork. Then there was the services between Loftus and Middlesbrough with extensions to Whitby. Again it ran like clockwork and hey they used to have to duplicate services on a weekend to cope with demand. OK so I reminise (and dream probably) but what do we have now with this continual tinkering in what is, in essence, the objective of saving money and resources. Take for example the recent shuffling of services X66/67 to remove service 6. It's got little to do with what customers want.

On another theme, and one I've wanting to bring to the table for a while. For my sins I'm living in Hartlepool at present with all my friends etc in Middlesbrough, Redcar and Darligton (Arrivaland) I was amazed to find there was/is no direct (fast) between Pool and Darlington; 3 hours either way via either Peterlee or Durham is unthinkable. Then there is the cost factor isn't there? We know Stagecoach NE hold sway across here so we have 2 fares if I want to go to Darlington, or face the ordeal of travelling Arriva via the aforementioned points on a Day Ticket, same going to Redcar, Saltburn or Whitby. Yes we have the Explorer tickets but that only shaves a couple of quid of the cost and does nothing re the time involved. All I'll say is roll on the day I can draw my pension.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Adrian - 05 Jan 2016

(05 Jan 2016, 11:26 am)LeeCalder Surely that's not the case though?

This is what happens when you promote something as 'no quibble' though. If you ask for your money back, they can't say no, otherwise it'd be 'quibbling'...?

It's a stupid guarantee anyway, and one full of flaws.