North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 23 Mar 2016

It looks like the X14 will be reverting to its old route from tomorrow with the reopening of the road between Longframlington and Rothbury.

http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/News/2016/Mar/Rothbury-landslip-road-to-reopen-following-10m-rep.aspx

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 24 Mar 2016

PB0002717/318 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between North Tees Hospital and Ingleby Barwick given service number 15 effective from 23-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/335 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Middlesbrough and Peterlee given service number 21A effective from 23-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 24 Mar 2016

PB0002717/318 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between North Tees Hospital and Ingleby Barwick given service number 15 effective from 23-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/335 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Middlesbrough and Peterlee given service number 21A effective from 23-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 24 Mar 2016

(24 Mar 2016, 4:54 pm)Jimmi PB0002717/318 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

2 weeks running for the 21A?!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 24 Mar 2016

(23 Mar 2016, 9:08 pm)Kuyoyo It looks like the X14 will be reverting to its old route from tomorrow with the reopening of the road between Longframlington and Rothbury.

http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/News/2016/Mar/Rothbury-landslip-road-to-reopen-following-10m-rep.aspx

The route is staying as it is for the near future. Rumour has it it will stay as now, as there were too many near misses on the old route.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 24 Mar 2016

(24 Mar 2016, 6:29 pm)Cock Robin 2 weeks running for the 21A?!

Guess the 2nd one (including the 15s too) will be down to the long term Durham Road closure in Stockton.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Mark - 25 Mar 2016

(24 Mar 2016, 7:27 pm)tyresmoke Guess the 2nd one (including the 15s too) will be down to the long term Durham Road closure in Stockton.

Yes, both have been registered for the diversion route while the Londonderry Bridge replacement works take place. Had to wait for confirmation of diversion route and start date before this could be registered.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 29 Mar 2016

PB0002032/9 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle and Dinnington given service number 45 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/152 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle General Hospital and Great Park given service number 46 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/336 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle and Morpeth given service number 44 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/337 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Blyth and Newcastle given service number X10/X11 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/342 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle and Morpeth given service number 43 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/452 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle and Whitley Bay given service number 306 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/478 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Carlisle and Haltwhistle given service number 185 effective from 22-May-2016.

PB0002032/498 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Morpeth and Newcastle given service number X18 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/499 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Alnwick and Morpeth given service number X18 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/500 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Seahouses and Alnwick given service number X18 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - northern156 - 29 Mar 2016

(29 Mar 2016, 9:52 am)Michael PB0002032/478 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Carlisle and Haltwhistle given service number 185 effective from 22-May-2016.

This the end of the Arriva 185 then?

Carts no-one about in any case!

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 31 Mar 2016

PB0002717/292 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Darlington and Tow Law given service number 1/1B effective from 15-May-2016. To amend Timetable.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 02 Apr 2016

PB0002032/322 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Quorum Business Park and Four Lane Ends Metro given service number 555 effective from 29-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 02 Apr 2016

(02 Apr 2016, 10:26 am)Michael PB0002032/322 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Quorum Business Park and Four Lane Ends Metro given service number 555 effective from 29-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

I used it on Thursday....not much that you can change tbh

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Shrek - 02 Apr 2016

(02 Apr 2016, 3:00 pm)GX03 SVC I used it on Thursday....not much that you can change tbh

Possibly not going into Balliol? The majority of users seem to be Quroum workers and the new traffic light system seems to slow it down getting in and out of the business parks.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 02 Apr 2016

(02 Apr 2016, 6:09 pm)Shrek Possibly not going into Balliol? The majority of users seem to be Quroum workers and the new traffic light system seems to slow it down getting in and out of the business parks.

That was a problem for me trying to get to Quorum, I was going to suggest serving Quorum first, but that means that the it makes to journey longer heading to 4LE.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 04 Apr 2016

New Darlington timetables effective from May 15th are now online.

Darlington - Newton Aycliffe services 5/5A, 7, 8 and 21 (plus 8A, 21A, X21/X22) during the daytimes will now seem to run 5 minutes later than present.

Other changes I can see:

Service 3.
Now runs between Darlington Town Centre and Mowden on evenings and Sundays in addition to Skerne Park where the 3 already runs on evenings and Sundays. Looking at the timetables, it will interwork with the 5A on evenings and Sundays.

Service 5/5A.
Will now operate between Darlington Town Centre and Newton Aycliffe Greenfield Comprehensive School on Sunday evenings, timetable suggests it will run in a loop to/from Williamfield Way running via Burnhill Way, Meadowfield Way, Greenfield Way, Burnhill Way and then back onto Williamfield Way. Much to my annoyance the first 5A journey to Darlington on a Saturday morning appears to be withdrawn which I can't understand why as I've been on it the last few Saturday's and it's picked up decent loadings, so THANKS FOR THAT!!!

Service 7.
Extra weekday morning journey to Framwellgate Moor added, afternoon returns from Framwellgate Moor will now leave Fram slightly earlier than present. 23:15 journey from Durham extended from Newton Aycliffe Town Centre to terminate at Darlington Town Centre at 00:13. Two extra trips on Sunday mornings have been added running between Harrowgate Hill and Darlington Town Centre (this direction only). The Sunday morning journey to Durham which currently starts at Newton Aycliffe Town Centre will now start at Darlington Town Centre at 08:15 and run 10 minutes earlier throughout to match the times of the other Sunday daytime journeys. Disappointing still hourly on Sundays!

Service 12.
Sunday daytime journeys between Darlington Town Centre and Morton Park withdrawn. Looks as though the 5A will now interwork with the 3 Town - Mowden - Town on Sunday daytimes.

This is just what I picked up, there may be more changes in there. New Durham timetables from the same are not up yet.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ambassador - 04 Apr 2016

(02 Apr 2016, 6:09 pm)Shrek Possibly not going into Balliol? The majority of users seem to be Quroum workers and the new traffic light system seems to slow it down getting in and out of the business parks.

GREGGS have an agreement with Quorum for it to serve Balliol as Greggs staff get free travel from Balliol to the new Head Office at Quorum (though only for a limited period after the move, which ful,y completes in April)

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - MrPottski - 05 Apr 2016

Darlington service X26/7 is going to omit the Cambrai Crossroads/Goigh Road loop during peak times, going straight into Tesco instead. This is to improve reliability.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - NK53 TKT - 05 Apr 2016

(05 Apr 2016, 8:40 am)MrPottski Darlington service X26/7 is going to omit the Cambrai Crossroads/Goigh Road loop during peak times, going straight into Tesco instead. This is to improve reliability.

I stopped in Catterick on my way down to Tamworth at the McDonalds which is next to TESCO. Diverting buses from terminating in TESCO is probably better as the TESCO car park can get very busy, I am stunned that Omnicities run the route. Next thing you know is that GNE put an omnicity on the S1

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - MrPottski - 05 Apr 2016

(05 Apr 2016, 8:44 am)NK53 TKT I stopped in Catterick on my way down to Tamworth at the McDonalds which is next to TESCO. Diverting buses from terminating in TESCO is probably better as the TESCO car park can get very busy, I am stunned that Omnicities run the route. Next thing you know is that GNE put an omnicity on the S1

Oh they are still serving Tesco, I fully agree, it's far too tight, no raised kerbs at the stop, but it's a main stop round there so has to be served.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - NK53 TKT - 05 Apr 2016

(05 Apr 2016, 8:47 am)MrPottski Oh they are still serving Tesco, I fully agree, it's far too tight, no raised kerbs at the stop, but it's a main stop round there so has to be served.

Ah, I bet TESCO also pay Arriva for serving he Car Park, really they should use the main roundabout