North East Buses
Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc (/showthread.php?tid=108)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Malarkey - 20 Mar 2015

(20 Mar 2015, 6:53 pm)Michael Heard nothing =(

Well anyway there something being done on the Enterprise Park side of the River yesterday.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 20 Mar 2015

(20 Mar 2015, 6:58 pm)Malarkey Well anyway there something being done on the Enterprise Park side of the River yesterday.

Looks like they're doing basic works first, which is good.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Malarkey - 20 Mar 2015

(20 Mar 2015, 6:59 pm)Michael Looks like they're doing basic works first, which is good.

Looks like I have the point 2 point bang on for the Bridge, most recent article on the Bridge below.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/business/bidder-chosen-to-build-new-wear-bridge-in-sunderland-1-7075779

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 23 Mar 2015

I found this online - Its a video on how they'll be building the new bridge. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4er2d49YB0

Seems a lot of work to be done before they even start it... like knocking buildings etc down

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Malarkey - 23 Mar 2015

(23 Mar 2015, 7:38 pm)Michael I found this online - Its a video on how they'll be building the new bridge. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4er2d49YB0

Seems a lot of work to be done before they even start it... like knocking buildings etc down
That looks awesome, quite surprised this video hasnt been attached to any News Articles.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 23 Mar 2015

(23 Mar 2015, 8:52 pm)Malarkey That looks awesome, quite surprised this video hasnt been attached to any News Articles.

Me too, should be decent when its done.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 24 Mar 2015

(24 Mar 2015, 9:25 pm)AIG20 There will be road closures on Seaburn during the Easter Holidays, which will cause severe (possibly major) disruption to bus services E1,E2,E6,18,19,99 & 558; as well as disruption to the local businesses - that I assume would usually make more money during this period. Some bus services, such as service E1, may end up missing a big chunk of their usual route...

Image below is from the Sunderland Council Website:  

Oh thats gonna be fun!

I wonder if the roundabout closure is so they can remove it.. i think that was the plan, the one next to the old fairground.

Cheers for the update.

Least the 18/19 might run on time and not run early Wink

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - idiot - 24 Mar 2015

I've only ever witnessed the 19/19 run early once and that was today! 2 minutes early!

Every other time I go to get it, its averaging about 6 minutes late.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 26 Mar 2015

Dixy Chicken is opening in the city centre, next door to Open (the one which sells knifes and BB guns among other things)

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - JakeSavage - 27 Mar 2015

Seaburn does indeed appear to be rather problematic: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=5060

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - idiot - 27 Mar 2015

Buses down Princes Ave? I struggle at times with my van...

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 27 Mar 2015

Oh dear, i can see LOTS of traffic build up and people panicking.

Also 

Temporary closure of Bedford Street in Sunderland City Centre - https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=5050 

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Malarkey - 31 Mar 2015

Think Sunderland City Council need to sort out the amount of Buses serving Fawcett Street and Holmeside, I think personally think there is far too many, then you have normal traffic and a New College being Built in the area on top of that.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 31 Mar 2015

I agree, the bus stops need sorting, to many buses stopping at the same bus stop.

Fawcett street is the worst...out of all the bus stops on that road, one stop only has the 9 stopping their.. so why not move the 9 to the stop where the 35 etc stop and move all the buses up 1 from the first stop.

Example:

So 12/33/33A etc up one to the 4/16 stop
4/16 to the current 3/13 stop
3/13 to the 35/36 etc stop
35/36 will move to the 9 stop
E1/2/3 etc will remain at the same stop.

Rest on the road will remain the same.. also means the 9 bus stop isn't wasted on one bus stop!

Means the first bus stop will become free and wont cause congestion...

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - cbma06 - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 7:50 pm)Michael I agree, the bus stops need sorting, to many buses stopping at the same bus stop.

Fawcett street is the worst...out of all the bus stops on that road, one stop only has the 9 stopping their.. so why not move the 9 to the stop where the 35 etc stop and move all the buses up 1 from the first stop.

Example:

Rest on the road will remain the same.. also means the 9 bus stop isn't wasted on one bus stop!

your example will just cause confusing to passengers, It depends which way the bus service goes when it leaves the city centre, service 9 goes to East Boldon etc..., the first bus stop on Fawcett Street is a bit busy, but when the Stagecoach service 20/8 goes back to its originally route when the Vaux bus stops reopen. only bus service that should stop at first stand on Fawcett Street should be the Docks service, the rest should use the old 10/11 stand and the 18 stand on Athenaeum street.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Malarkey - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 7:50 pm)Michael I agree, the bus stops need sorting, to many buses stopping at the same bus stop.

Example:

I think the 2/2A and 39 should be moved to Stop on Borough Road outside The William Jameson/Winter Gardens when heading to Silksworth/Doxford alongside the Stagecoach Services 10/11, Those 3 Stops outside Wilkinsons are the problematic ones, the others from Wilkinsons on wards up Fawcett Street are fine, although I have often wondered why the 20/20A(Old 35 Series) and E1/E2/E6 serve two Stops on Fawcett Street.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 8:33 pm)cbma06 your example will just cause confusing to passengers, It depends which way the bus service goes when it leaves the city centre, service 9 goes to East Boldon etc..., the first bus stop on Fawcett Street is a bit busy, but when the Stagecoach service 20/8 goes back to its originally route when the Vaux bus stops reopen. only bus service that should stop at first stand on Fawcett Street should be the Docks service, the rest should use the old 10/11 stand and the 18 stand on Athenaeum street.

The question is when will the Vaux bus stops will reopen... the area was supposed to of being completed by the end of February... 

Hopefully once it is open the road won't be as congested.

Holmeside though, nothing much anyone can do, unless they add extra bus stops, and that won't happen, i think every stop along their has more than 5 services stopping their... 

The new square looks really nice, looking forward to seeing it completely finished, rumours have it a hotel is gonna built next to the Londonderry and hopefully the bridge's will build on from where the old leisure centre used to be, getting rid of new look etc with it.

(31 Mar 2015, 8:39 pm)Malarkey I think the 2/2A and 39 should be moved to Stop on Borough Road outside The William Jameson/Winter Gardens when heading to Silksworth/Doxford alongside the Stagecoach Services 10/11, Those 3 Stops outside Wilkinsons are the problematic ones, the others from Wilkinsons on wards up Fawcett Street are fine, although I have often wondered why the 20/20A(Old 35 Series) and E1/E2/E6 serve two Stops on Fawcett Street.

The 35/35A/36 and 56 now serve 2 stops on Fawcett Street.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - cbma06 - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 8:39 pm)Malarkey I think the 2/2A and 39 should be moved to Stop on Borough Road outside The William Jameson/Winter Gardens when heading to Silksworth/Doxford alongside the Stagecoach Services 10/11, Those 3 Stops outside Wilkinsons are the problematic ones, the others from Wilkinsons on wards up Fawcett Street are fine, although I have often wondered why the 20/20A(Old 35 Series) and E1/E2/E6 serve two Stops on Fawcett Street.

Originally service 23 (24/25) used to stop at the very first bus stop at top of Fawcett street and the northerns 35 (535/536) used to be where the 56 stops first on Fawcett street. Northern started to stop their 535/536 at top of Fawcett street to try and grab some fare paying passengers from service 23 for Dene Estate and then Busways ran the 23 (24/25) from the Northern 535/536 bus stand half way down Fawcett Street, and that's how those bus services stop twice on Fawcett street.

I think GNE using the first stand on Fawcett street for their 2/2A and 39 to try and grab paassengers from busways service 12.

(31 Mar 2015, 8:45 pm)Michael The 35/35A/36 and 56 now serve 2 stops on Fawcett Street.

The 35/35A/36, 20/20A etc.. also stops twice on John Street.