North East Buses
Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc (/showthread.php?tid=108)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 26 Jul 2014

(26 Jul 2014, 6:20 pm)aureolin haha yeah, but it could have been worse. Think Tuxedo Princess! Smile

I noticed that innfusion has reopened too, dropping the 'inn' from it's name. It could have happened a while ago, but I rarely go to Sunderland these days. It's another one that used to always be a cracking bar. £2.50 for a treble+mixer.

I'm down the town tonight, if i go past i'll update in the morning.

According to Arizona's facebook page, they hoping to re-open on Monday.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Adrian - 26 Jul 2014

(26 Jul 2014, 6:22 pm)Andreos Constantopolous That thing stunk of 'pineapple cubes'.

The revolving dance floor was always a challenge to get off after one too many.

Haha yes. The stench of vomit as you walked down the narrow corridor to the main arena.

Remember the revolving dance floor in the Palace nightclub?

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Andreos1 - 26 Jul 2014

(26 Jul 2014, 6:25 pm)aureolin Haha yes. The stench of vomit as you walked down the narrow corridor to the main arena.

Remember the revolving dance floor in the Palace nightclub?

Cant remember the Palace at all. Where was that at?

Saw Phats and Small at whatever the nightclub was called in Birtley (changed its name regularly and is now a gym). A few mates went to see The Vengaboys when they appeared there - I made sure I was elsewhere that night.

Apart from that, all my nights out were usually in decent places.

Re: RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Adrian - 26 Jul 2014

(26 Jul 2014, 6:32 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Cant remember the Palace at all. Where was that at?

Saw Phats and Small at whatever the nightclub was called in Birtley (changed its name regularly and is now a gym). A few mates went to see The Vengaboys when they appeared there - I made sure I was elsewhere that night.

Apart from that, all my nights out were usually in decent places.
Palace was the Mecca on Newcastle road, above the bowling.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Andreos1 - 26 Jul 2014

(26 Jul 2014, 6:34 pm)aureolin Palace was the Mecca on Newcastle road, above the bowling.

Ah yeah.
No, never went there at all.
Think there were shuttle buses to/from the town centre at one point.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 30 Jul 2014

(30 Jul 2014, 5:26 pm)AIG20 According to the "Sunderland Now" Facebook Page, an electronic display/sign has been placed somewhere on St. Mary's Way, and it confirms the closure of the Wearmouth Bridge on Sunday 17th August.

However, nothing has been mentioned yet on the Nexus, Stagecoach and Go North East websites.

Least its a sunday, still gonna be a nightmare

haha i love the comment about if the Chinese were doing the work... he has a point, the whole lot would of being done by now!

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Dan - 31 Jul 2014

(30 Jul 2014, 5:26 pm)AIG20 According to the "Sunderland Now" Facebook Page, an electronic display/sign has been placed somewhere on St. Mary's Way, and it confirms the closure of the Wearmouth Bridge on Sunday 17th August.

However, nothing has been mentioned yet on the Nexus, Stagecoach and Go North East websites.

I am told that Sunderland Council has not yet contacted Go North East with information regarding the closure of Wearmouth Bridge on August 17th - I'd imagine the same applies to Stagecoach North East too.

I aspire that, since they've been informed by yours truly, they'll contact the council for specific details at some point today and hopefully get the information on the website ASAP.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Andreos1 - 31 Jul 2014

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local/all-news/boulevard-bust-up-after-sunderland-city-council-spends-180-00-on-imported-trees-from-holland-1-6759813

Bust up over boulevard decorated with trees.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 31 Jul 2014

(31 Jul 2014, 3:41 pm)Andreos Constantopolous http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local/all-news/boulevard-bust-up-after-sunderland-city-council-spends-180-00-on-imported-trees-from-holland-1-6759813

Bust up over boulevard decorated with trees.

Oh dear, 180k on trees?

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - cbma06 - 31 Jul 2014

supposed to be special trees lol, Its probably because when the business park gets built and the council moves from their tatty civic centre to a new build at the business park their be able to look out of the windows and see all those pretty trees all in the line lol.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 01 Aug 2014

(31 Jul 2014, 4:17 pm)cbma06 supposed to be special trees lol, Its probably because when the business park gets built and the council moves from their tatty civic centre to a new build at the business park their be able to look out of the windows and see all those pretty trees all in the line lol.

If they are moving i would imagine that it will be knocked down, the whole lot needs to go, least then they can build a car park on it... as the new college built in the city centre wont, sure i read it would have no car park.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - cbma06 - 01 Aug 2014

(01 Aug 2014, 9:08 am)Michael If they are moving i would imagine that it will be knocked down, the whole lot needs to go, least then they can build a car park on it... as the new college built in the city centre wont, sure i read it would have no car park.

Its ashame we couldn't kick the council out into a disused building in the city, and then knock down the tatty civic centre, and their could of build the new college on the area of civic centre, knock down the crappy civic centre car park and build a big new multi storey over the metro railway line area. then the holmside area should be become a new indoor shopping centre.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 01 Aug 2014

(01 Aug 2014, 10:06 am)cbma06 Its ashame we couldn't kick the council out into a disused building in the city, and then knock down the tatty civic centre, and their could of build the new college on the area of civic centre, knock down the crappy civic centre car park and build a big new multi storey over the metro railway line area. then the holmside area should be become a new indoor shopping centre.

The old Primark is free, they should move in to there.

Only problem building over the metro lines, its gonna be a nightmare, not like i use the metro, as i think its shit.

The whole of Holmeside needs sorting, once those buildings are down (near the bingo) and cleared work can hopefully start on the new college.

As for the square on the VAUX site... they need to hurry up and finish it, the whole area is a nightmare.

The new road near the Londenderry is coming on great, it wont be long before the cars start using it to enter/exit? the carpark.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Dan - 01 Aug 2014

Sunderland's Sun FM
‏@1034SunFM
Plans for a new fire station in the Marley Pots area of the city are on display. More in news at 2PM.

Re: RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Adrian - 01 Aug 2014

(01 Aug 2014, 1:10 pm)Dan Sunderland's Sun FM
‏@1034SunFM
Plans for a new fire station in the Marley Pots area of the city are on display. More in news at 2PM.
More fuel efficient due to less distance to travel to put out the burning cars. Smile

Re: RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Dan - 01 Aug 2014

(01 Aug 2014, 1:39 pm)aureolin More fuel efficient due to less distance to travel to put out the burning cars. Smile
Ahahah!

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 04 Aug 2014

Update in the Sunderland echo about the Holmeside site, which has being demolished and Independent

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/what-s-on/gigs-music/bulldozers-demolish-sunderland-music-venue-independent-1-6765850

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 05 Aug 2014

(05 Aug 2014, 3:59 pm)AIG20 "Bailiffs move in to shut down Sunderland nightspot The Point" = Sunderland Echo

Well tbh it was expensive, hopefully something moves in quickly

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 07 Aug 2014

From the Sunderland echo

WEARMOUTH Bridge will be closed to drivers over six nights to allow it to be resurfaced.

The route will be shut on Sunday, August 17, and the following five nights as Sunderland City Council re-surface and remodel of its southern roundabout that sees nearly a million vehicles pass through it every year.

Diversions are being put in place from 6am on Sunday, August 17, with the roundabout and Wearmouth Bridge reopening to vehicles from 6am on the Monday.

Limited bus services can cross the bridge in both directions during the peak service time of the 24-hour closure on August 17.

Buses will be allowed though the roadworks from 6am to 7.30pm on the Sunday and access remains throughout for the emergency services, pedestrians and cyclists.

The southern roundabout and bridge are to be closed to all vehicles overnight from 7.30pm on Monday, August 18, until 6am on Tuesday, August 19.

The same overnight closure times apply on the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

No buses will be able to use the bridge on the overnight closures.

RE: Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc - Michael - 08 Aug 2014

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local/all-news/landowners-given-d-day-date-as-new-sunderland-bridge-presses-ahead-1-6774983

Seems the warehouses around the area where they are gonna build the bridge will be going.

Lets hope the horrid Pallion enterprise thing will go to, its in a desperate need to of a facelift!