North East Buses
North East Bus Stations - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: North East Bus Stations (/showthread.php?tid=1104)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: North East Bus Stations - Jimmi - 16 Feb 2015

(16 Feb 2015, 8:17 pm)Dan Word of advice with Stanley - it's difficult to do it on a sunny day.

It only looks like it's going to be sunny for a few hours tomorrow morning so it shouldn't be an issue, but if you're going to stand at that spot, you'd ordinarily be shooting against the sun. On a sunny day, best bet is to go there for about 15:00 and get some photos where I got the one of Pat driving 4852. 

Yeah I tried to get photos in Stanley Bus Station one day around 12pm back in January and the sun was just in the wrong place at that time of the day (although the sun was in all the wrong places that day as it was pretty low nearly all day).

RE: North East Bus Stations - S813 FVK - 16 Feb 2015

(16 Feb 2015, 8:18 pm)MarcTheA4 Oh citaro, wipe that sMERC off your face! Tongue 

(Sorry, I've just had that one in my head for two days now and been waiting for you to post something funny!)

Oh for god sake. Planning on dropping anymore tonight? 

RE: North East Bus Stations - tyresmoke - 16 Feb 2015

(16 Feb 2015, 8:26 pm)Jimmi Yeah I tried to get photos in Stanley Bus Station one day around 12pm back in January and the sun was just in the wrong place at that time of the day (although the sun was in all the wrong places that day as it was pretty low nearly all day).

The road where they exit upto the roundabout is usually pretty good for the sun, as entering the bus station is utterly useless usually.

RE: North East Bus Stations - Jimmi - 05 Mar 2015

Better transport facilities for Peterlee commuters.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11837592.Better_transport_facilities_for_Peterlee_commuters/

RE: North East Bus Stations - G-CPTN - 05 Mar 2015

Northumberland County Council have invited applications for the refreshment concession to be incorporated into the forthcoming new bus station at Loosing Hill, Hexham.

It remains to be revealed whether there will be a taxicab rank to replace the one currently on Priestpopple (adjacent to the existing bus station).

What with stands for the buses, toilets, café (or kiosk), and, possibly, a taxirank - I can't see there being much room left for car parking (currently 125 spaces).

RE: North East Bus Stations - cbma06 - 04 Apr 2015

Seats have been installed in Peterlee Bus Station for passengers.

RE: North East Bus Stations - Jimmi - 04 Apr 2015

(04 Apr 2015, 5:34 pm)cbma06 Seats have been installed in Peterlee Bus Station for passengers.
Saw them on Thursday.

Shame about the lights where the exit towards the shops are which were not turned on making the exit looking really dark and grim.

RE: North East Bus Stations - citaro5284 - 23 Apr 2015

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/business/120-000-revamp-of-jarrow-bus-station-slammed-for-leaving-passengers-at-mercy-of-elements-1-7223858

Issues with Jarrow Bus Station it would seem

RE: North East Bus Stations - omnicity4659 - 23 Apr 2015

(23 Apr 2015, 12:09 pm)citaro5284 http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/business/120-000-revamp-of-jarrow-bus-station-slammed-for-leaving-passengers-at-mercy-of-elements-1-7223858

Aye, when I was there halfway through the works, the shelter was as useful as, erm, a shelter with no sides.

RE: North East Bus Stations - Malarkey - 23 Apr 2015

(23 Apr 2015, 12:09 pm)citaro5284 http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/business/120-000-revamp-of-jarrow-bus-station-slammed-for-leaving-passengers-at-mercy-of-elements-1-7223858

Obviously Linda Hemmer has never been to Park Lane Interchange, wonder what her opinion of that would be.

RE: North East Bus Stations - Adrian - 23 Apr 2015

(23 Apr 2015, 7:26 pm)Malarkey Obviously Linda Hemmer has never been to Park Lane Interchange, wonder what her opinion of that would be.
Surprised she didn't blame it on migrant workers.

RE: North East Bus Stations - Michael - 18 May 2015

Went in to the Park Lane travel shop earlier and its being done out, it has a automatic door now and looks much bigger.

The timetables are now on a smaller shelf than before, although they all still fit in... they still had the Lime timetables in, so if you need them, get them now!

RE: North East Bus Stations - Dan - 18 May 2015

(18 May 2015, 6:20 pm)Michael Went in to the Park Lane travel shop earlier and its being done out, it has a automatic door now and looks much bigger.

The timetables are now on a smaller shelf than before, although they all still fit in... they still had the Lime timetables in, so if you need them, get them now!

If anyone needs "Lime" timetables, I've got 100+ in my office, from when I took them out of 4906 after it transferred to Riverside!

RE: North East Bus Stations - Michael - 18 May 2015

(18 May 2015, 6:24 pm)Dan If anyone needs "Lime" timetables, I've got 100+ in my office, from when I took them out of 4906 after it transferred to Riverside!

Tongue, oh aye, just take the lime light! 

RE: North East Bus Stations - omnicity4659 - 18 May 2015

(18 May 2015, 6:20 pm)Michael Went in to the Park Lane travel shop earlier and its being done out, it has a automatic door now and looks much bigger.

Been like that for ages, makes it a pain in the bottom to get timetables now as you have to join a queue. They could have at least moved them to the NX timetable stand area.

RE: North East Bus Stations - Dan - 18 May 2015

(18 May 2015, 6:26 pm)Michael , oh aye, just take the lime light! 

They're sitting deein nowt - just wasn't keen on a Gateshead-based bus advertising Chester/Stanley-based services with an old brand name no longer used!

RE: North East Bus Stations - Malarkey - 18 May 2015

(18 May 2015, 6:34 pm)Dan They're sitting deein nowt - just wasn't keen on a Gateshead-based bus advertising Chester/Stanley-based services with an old brand name no longer used!

You havent by any chance got any "OK Way 18" Timetables floating about do you, only one I havent got for GNE Services nor have I seen it displayed in any Travel Shops across the Region.

RE: North East Bus Stations - Malarkey - 20 May 2015

Details about the New Bus Station for Hexham, bloody need it as the Buses cant even do a U-Turn to get around and out from what I seen today.

[attachment=6718]

RE: North East Bus Stations - G-CPTN - 21 May 2015

(20 May 2015, 10:09 pm)Malarkey Details about the New Bus Station for Hexham, bloody need it as the Buses cant even do a U-Turn to get around and out from what I seen today.

I have used Hexham bus station since the early 1950s and there used to be a turntable at the top (back) of the site - it was removed as being unnecessary
I realise that buses are larger (wider as well as longer) than they were in the 1940s and 1950s, however, there are drivers, and the there are drivers, some of whom can manage the U-turn without shunting.
It is a travesty that the derelict adjacent site (which was George and Joblings Ford garage, and which burned down in the late 1950s/early 1960s - I was there that night, though as a spectator and I was not the perpetrator) was allowed to remain derelict without being acquired for future expansion of the bus station as services grew. The extra space would have allowed space for layovers and parking for spare vehicles.

The developer is only interested in maximising their gain.
Northumberland County Council are only interested in selling the site to finance the savings demanded by County Hall - the alternative site at Loosing Hill is already owned by NCC and the sale to the developer of the current bus station site is worth several million GBP.

The additional retail units proposed for the development of the current bus station site will not help the ailing Robbs/Beales store opposite which had to be bailed-out by NCC to the tune of several hundred GBP.

In addition, the loss of the parking spaces for cars at the Loosing Hill site will exacerbate the chaos that was inflicted on Hexham by the abolition of parking charges - the Wentworth carpark is full with all-day parkers by 09:30 leaving no spaces for visitors and would-be shoppers are avoiding Hexham and seeking other towns.

I may not live long enough to see the foolishness of this fiasco.

RE: North East Bus Stations - cbma06 - 21 May 2015

(18 May 2015, 6:49 pm)Malarkey You havent by any chance got any "OK Way 18" Timetables floating about do you, only one I havent got for GNE Services nor have I seen it displayed in any Travel Shops across the Region.

If you send an email to GNE and request a paper timetable for service OK WAY 18, then their will send you the timetable out to you in the post, as long as you don't request loads of the timetables all in one go.