North East Buses
North East Bus Stations - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: North East Bus Stations (/showthread.php?tid=1104)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: North East Bus Stations - Sidthebusbabe - 17 Aug 2015

(17 Aug 2015, 3:35 pm)danpick Central Station has these.

Haven't caught a bus from Central Station since the redevelopment but it's nice to see investment in Blaydon Bus station

RE: North East Bus Stations - Andreos1 - 17 Aug 2015

(17 Aug 2015, 3:07 pm)Sidthebusbabe Blaydon bus station seems to have been treated to some new, aesthetically pleasing, easy to read information systems replacing the unreliable units previously fitted. They seem to be Google Chrome based and currently display 'System under testing':
[Image: rzANxxP.jpg]

Noticed them yesterday in a few different places too.
Not all of the information was correct, with one particular service not appearing on the display in the time I stood.

RE: North East Bus Stations - Adrian - 17 Aug 2015

(17 Aug 2015, 4:04 pm)Andreos1 Noticed them yesterday in a few different places too.
Not all of the information was correct, with one particular service not appearing on the display in the time I stood.

Is it not just displaying the next three timetabled journeys or whatever? Similar to what the ones in Durham do?

RE: North East Bus Stations - cbma06 - 17 Aug 2015

These electronic displays are just a waste of space, their would be more useful if it shows the bus being delayed to get to that stop etc... even though many buses now have trackers on.

RE: North East Bus Stations - Adrian - 17 Aug 2015

(17 Aug 2015, 5:11 pm)cbma06 These electronic displays are just a waste of space, their would be more useful if it shows the bus being delayed to get to that stop etc... even though many buses now have trackers on.

The problem is that infrastructure takes time to install. If these electronic displays were installed and left blank, then folk would complain that they're blank. 

I'm not sure whether all operators are providing real time info to Nexus yet? Realistically, it can only really work once at least the big three are doing so.

RE: North East Bus Stations - Andreos1 - 17 Aug 2015

(17 Aug 2015, 4:52 pm)aureolin Is it not just displaying the next three timetabled journeys or whatever? Similar to what the ones in Durham do?

The one that was missing a service, had the 1st bus and the 3rd bus showing.
Nothing about the one in between.

Only had a two line display - like the one in Sids photo.

RE: North East Bus Stations - BusLoverMum - 17 Aug 2015

(12 Aug 2015, 5:23 pm)cbma06 I was told that the darken coloured lights is because so these drug users wont be able to see their coloured veins on their arms, so their cant inject drugs.

That can be achieved using specific coloured lighting. Doesn't need to be dim.

RE: North East Bus Stations - BusLoverMum - 17 Aug 2015

(17 Aug 2015, 4:52 pm)aureolin Is it not just displaying the next three timetabled journeys or whatever? Similar to what the ones in Durham do?

There's often buses missing off the displays at Durham. As for Peterlee, I think they just roll a couple of dice.

RE: North East Bus Stations - Michael - 25 Aug 2015

Well still waiting for a reply from Sunderland council on the dangers of having dim lights in Park Lane toilets....

Also when will NEXUS bother to update their bus station outlines.... only Gateshead has being updated to show latest changes, Sunderland's hasn't being updated since November 2014.....

RE: North East Bus Stations - Michael - 05 Sep 2015

Good news:
A new bus station for Hexham has been given the green light.
Northumberland County Council has been granted planning permission for a site at Loosing Hill.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-34162912

RE: North East Bus Stations - NK53 TKT - 05 Sep 2015

(05 Sep 2015, 4:21 pm)Michael Good news:
A new bus station for Hexham has been given the green light.
Northumberland County Council has been granted planning permission for a site at Loosing Hill.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-34162912

Finally, when I was there on the 26th August everything queued down the street

RE: North East Bus Stations - omnicity4659 - 11 Sep 2015

Arriva haven't bothered replacing any timetables in Ashington bus station since the changes.
  • Stand F - still shows '20 Amble'
  • Stand G - still shows '57 North Seaton'
  • All stands - still have out of date timetables. eg. Timetable for 20 to Amble showing as 0903, and new X20 to Alnwick is scheduled for 0915.

Funny how they can splash out on 'Here to Help' stickers for the portacabin and replacing all the stickers in the main stand area.

RE: North East Bus Stations - mb134 - 11 Sep 2015

(11 Sep 2015, 6:39 pm)GX03 SVC Arriva haven't bothered replacing any timetables in Ashington bus station since the changes.
  • Stand F - still shows '20 Amble'
  • Stand G - still shows '57 North Seaton'
  • All stands - still have out of date timetables. eg. Timetable for 20 to Amble showing as 0903, and new X20 to Alnwick is scheduled for 0915.

Funny how they can splash out on 'Here to Help' stickers for the portacabin and replacing all the stickers in the main stand area.

Sure it's down to NCC to update timetables?

RE: North East Bus Stations - omnicity4659 - 12 Sep 2015

(11 Sep 2015, 8:13 pm)mb134 Sure it's down to NCC to update timetables?

NCC print all the timetables (bar X21/X22) and send them to Arriva. Arriva then put them in the stands. 

It's just annoying that they can swap stands for the X21/X22 around but not replace signage for services that have been changed (X20 and 57).

Even forgot to mention the 35a... Started October 2013 and still not mentioned on the stands.

RE: North East Bus Stations - omnicity4659 - 24 Sep 2015

I have a bit of spare time so I've made a map of stands in Ashington, Blyth, Newcastle and Morpeth bus stations. I'll update it every time there are changes, future changes are marked with a red triangle, click on it to view the changes. Stands are marked with a turquoise pointer, again, click them to view details of services from that stand.

Ashington
Blyth
Morpeth
Newcastle Haymarket and Eldon Square

More bus stations are to come.

North East Bus Stations - Jimmi - 24 Sep 2015

A few things regarding bus stations...

Went to Sunderland Park Lane the other day, had to use the bogs here (TMI I know) and it looks like at least some of the lights have been changed to normal bulbs although some of them still have the blue bulbs so it at least looks a bit less dark, still grotty as owt though.

Went to Hexham yesterday and the bus station is so unbelievably tight to navigate round with some of the buses having to reverse in the bus station to get in/out and onto the stands. Think a new Bus Station is a good idea but the problem is it would have to be further from the shops than it is now which I can't imagine some people will be too happy about.

RE: North East Bus Stations - omnicity4659 - 24 Sep 2015

(24 Sep 2015, 6:00 pm)Jimmi Went to Hexham yesterday and the bus station is so unbelievably tight to navigate round with some of the buses having to reverse in the bus station to get in/out and onto the stands. Think a new Bus Station is a good idea but the problem is it would have to be further from the shops than it is now which I can't imagine some people will be too happy about.

When I went last year, I was scared of being run over or a bus knocking down the shelter where the timetables are. It's rather tight to walk through the place with bus drivers hanging about having fags and alighting passengers etc. 

Also witnessed a couple of near misses with walls etc......

RE: North East Bus Stations - Dan - 24 Sep 2015

(24 Sep 2015, 6:00 pm)Jimmi Went to Hexham yesterday and the bus station is so unbelievably tight to navigate round with some of the buses having to reverse in the bus station to get in/out and onto the stands. Think a new Bus Station is a good idea but the problem is it would have to be further from the shops than it is now which I can't imagine some people will be too happy about.

The proposed new bus station is immensely better than the current one, and it's only a two minute walk down the road from the current bus station.

RE: North East Bus Stations - Jimmi - 24 Sep 2015

(24 Sep 2015, 6:06 pm)Dan The proposed new bus station is immensely better than the current one, and it's only a two minute walk down the road from the current bus station.

Anyone got a link or anything about the new bus station, as all I've found is articles on the Chronicle's website saying how people are against the move.

Really, only two minutes? The way some are going on you'd be mistaken for thinking it's going to be moved two miles away. I don't see the problem so much especially as I think bus stops would be put in place on the main road (Priestpopple) where the current bus station is although I'm unsure if all services would still stop there.

RE: North East Bus Stations - Dan - 24 Sep 2015

(24 Sep 2015, 6:21 pm)Jimmi Anyone got a link or anything about the new bus station, as all I've found is articles on the Chronicle's website saying how people are against the move.

Really, only two minutes? The way some are going on you'd be mistaken for thinking it's going to be moved two miles away. I don't see the problem so much especially as I think bus stops would be put in place on the main road (Priestpopple) where the current bus station is although I'm unsure if all services would still stop there.

Yes - see this document that I shared in July.

See map below of where the old and new bus stations are:
.png
HEXHAM.png
Size 80.63 KB / Downloads 25