North East Buses
PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance (/showthread.php?tid=1215)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - Davie - 15 Feb 2016

(15 Feb 2016, 5:02 pm)DanPicken 39730 has no working side blind.
22408 rear blind wasn't working either.

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - James101 - 18 Feb 2016

https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorthwestwaleswrexhamdepotfleet/24955909301/

Photo shows small independent Routemaster Buses using their Leyland Tiger in service this week as the regular vehicle used had a door fault. Not to worry folks, those responsible have been reported to the authorities and have suitably been sentenced to death by firing squad for their crimes.

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - Adrian - 18 Feb 2016

(18 Feb 2016, 8:41 pm)James101 https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorthwestwaleswrexhamdepotfleet/24955909301/

Photo shows small independent Routemaster Buses using their Leyland Tiger in service this week as the regular vehicle used had a door fault. Not to worry folks, those responsible have been reported to the authorities and have suitably been sentenced to death by firing squad for their crimes.

Ah well. I guess nobody in a wheelchair needs to use a bus anyway. Damn those do gooders insisting on social inclusion and equality. 

This has been done to death.

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - Michael - 18 Feb 2016

Although they've had a while to get DDA buses in the fleet, not all small bus companies can afford new or newer buses.

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - James101 - 18 Feb 2016

(18 Feb 2016, 9:50 pm)Adrian Ah well. I guess nobody in a wheelchair needs to use a bus anyway. Damn those do gooders insisting on social inclusion and equality. 

This has been done to death.

My observation isn't against the PSVAR regulations themselves. I wholeheartedly support their intentions to make transport more accessible.

I made a satirical comment regarding the over zealous attitude some people have regarding enforcement. Seems a new branch of our hobby has been born; faulty display equipment spotting.

PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - MrPottski - 19 Feb 2016

I have to say these regulations have just gone beyond a joke. Rendering perfectly good buses obsolete just because their wheelchair bays are 2cm too narrow or their poles are in the wrong place is just pathetic. The point has been mentioned that the big companies can absorb the cost of modifications or new vehicles, but it is still a cost that has to come out of a budget which can't be spent on other things. I have been driving a few MAN EcoCitys this week and I've noticed once the front few rows of seats are full, the aisle becomes extremely narrow, probably down to the design of the plush e leather seats. So, add 2 pushchairs or a wheelchair into the mix and where do the elderly/infirm/pregnant passengers go? I think the new regulations are giving the operators and body builders too many loops to jump through in an already over regulated industry. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for accessibility for those that can't normally travel and I get pleasure from helping these customers on and off but there has to be common sense somewhere.

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - Adrian - 19 Feb 2016

(19 Feb 2016, 8:13 pm)MrPottski I have to say these regulations have just gone beyond a joke. Rendering perfectly good buses obsolete just because their wheelchair bays are 2cm too narrow or their poles are in the wrong place is just pathetic. The point has been mentioned that the big companies can absorb the cost of modifications or new vehicles, but it is still a cost that has to come out of a budget which can't be spent on other things. I have been driving a few MAN EcoCitys this week and I've noticed once the front few rows of seats are full, the aisle becomes extremely narrow, probably down to the design of the plush e leather seats. So, add 2 pushchairs or a wheelchair into the mix and where do the elderly/infirm/pregnant passengers go? I think the new regulations are giving the operators and body builders too many loops to jump through in an already over regulated industry. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for accessibility for those that can't normally travel and I get pleasure from helping these customers on and off but there has to be common sense somewhere.

If you don't set a standard or benchmark, then where do you draw the line for common sense? Genuine question. Thornley is not in the Durham District zone for Arriva's tickets, but Bowburn is. I'd call it common sense that it should be, but like I say, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

If not statutory, then it's always open to interpretation. That goes for anything.

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - GuyParkRoyal - 02 Mar 2016

Go North East 4979 has been out on the 5 today with no front destination display.

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - Andreos1 - 05 Mar 2016

5256 (?) or whichever branded Omni that was Shields bound and was arriving at the Galleries just after 1630 - it has a rear blind which wasn't displaying anything at all.

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - Dan - 06 Mar 2016

(05 Mar 2016, 9:58 pm)Andreos1 5256 (?) or whichever branded Omni that was Shields bound and was arriving at the Galleries just after 1630 - it has a rear blind which wasn't displaying anything at all.

Thanks - there's an intermittent fault with this one, which engineering are still investigating.

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - BusLoverMum - 12 Mar 2016

Number not displaying on the side destination screen of 4992.

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - Davie - 13 Mar 2016

604's rear blind is just showing the service number, not the destination or via points.

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - Jimmi - 13 Mar 2016

(13 Mar 2016, 12:25 pm)Davie 604's rear blind is just showing the service number, not the destination or via points.
When I was in Concord yesterday, I saw at least two MPD's only showing the service number in the centre of the rear screens. Thankfully this is not really a massive problem.

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - Dan - 13 Mar 2016

(13 Mar 2016, 12:38 pm)Jimmi When I was in Concord yesterday, I saw at least two MPD's only showing the service number in the centre of the rear screens. Thankfully this is not really a massive problem.

Yes - 604 and 606. Done on purpose, temporarily, whilst we wait for Hanover to fix some of the wiring.

Good job it's not a 'massive problem', otherwise Arriva would be screwed!

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - NK53 TKT - 13 Mar 2016

(13 Mar 2016, 1:44 pm)Dan Yes - 604 and 606. Done on purpose, temporarily, whilst we wait for Hanover to fix some of the wiring.

Good job it's not a 'massive problem', otherwise Arriva would be screwed!

Tongue  
I have never seen an Arriva MPD with a working rear destination since January 1st. Says a lot about Arriva

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - Adrian - 13 Mar 2016

(13 Mar 2016, 6:48 pm)NK53 TKT Tongue  
I have never seen an Arriva MPD with a working rear destination since January 1st. Says a lot about Arriva

You can't have looked very hard then, as the last few proper days I've spent out, I think I spotted one or two at most that weren't? I also see Arriva buses going past most of the day, and again, most have working destinations from what I see. 

There are a number of Streetlites still not configured correctly, and showing a centre aligned service number on a full size display. As long as the number is on the rear then it's fine, but makes the purchase of rear full size displays a bit pointless!

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - NK53 TKT - 13 Mar 2016

(13 Mar 2016, 6:53 pm)Adrian You can't have looked very hard then, as the last few proper days I've spent out, I think I spotted one or two at most that weren't? I also see Arriva buses going past most of the day, and again, most have working destinations from what I see. 

There are a number of Streetlites still not configured correctly, and showing a centre aligned service number on a full size display. As long as the number is on the rear then it's fine, but makes the purchase of rear full size displays a bit pointless!

Well I am talking about the X16 and the 57/57A.

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - Adrian - 13 Mar 2016

(13 Mar 2016, 6:54 pm)NK53 TKT Well I am talking about the X16 and the 57/57A.

The Blyth and Durham MPDs that I've seen have been fine? Not seen anything from the other depots. Any specifics?

RE: PSV Accessibility Regulations (DDA Regulations) - at a glance - citaro5284 - 13 Mar 2016

(13 Mar 2016, 6:54 pm)NK53 TKT Well I am talking about the X16 and the 57/57A.

1800 is still not working....side and rear off.

(13 Mar 2016, 7:09 pm)citaro5284 1800 is still not working....side and rear off.

Yes, 1799, 1800 and 1775 and 1776