North East Buses
What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What has amused you/made you laugh today? (/showthread.php?tid=1674)

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Diamond One - 05 Oct 2015

listening to nightowls

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 05 Oct 2015

(02 Oct 2015, 9:35 am)Jimmi A slightly amusing thing in the urinals at the Metrocentre.
[Image: 3c3e5d56c72cc99a29654ae75055e8cd.jpg]

Still light-years behind Japan where they have electric games controlled by how you pee.

Eww. I bet they get minging after a wee while.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - omnicity4659 - 06 Oct 2015

I saw some clothes for sale in my local Asda yesterday. Me and my brother chuckled when we saw the name of the brand...Genuine Dickies! Big Grin

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Michael - 07 Oct 2015

This video - We are finally able to reveal what animals are thinking....

https://www.facebook.com/IFeakingLoveScience/videos/vb.367116489976035/1229456763741999/?type=2&theater

I laughed for ages haha

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 07 Oct 2015

Just read a tweet announcing that the A1(M)n/b at Catterick was due to close tonight for roadworks, but that's been cancelled due to flooding.

That'll be the flooding that's currently closed the A1(M) n/b at Catterick.

You couldn't make it up.

Of course, the closure means that big'un's journey home from school will be fun (probably through Darlo). And Husband is in Wakefield, today. Visiting the Highways Agency, for work. Slightly ironic that he didn't know the A1(M) was closed, this morning, really.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 08 Oct 2015

Technically this post is 12 hours too late - but went to the Chris Ramsey DVD recording last night.

Must admit, he isn't as funny as his mentor (and joke writer) Jason Cook, but still enjoyed the night. Having seen Ramsey (and others) at a charity gig at The Stand last month, I was expecting similar material. It was similar, but he had certainly refined his lines.

https://twitter.com/IAmChrisRamsey/status/651888102349344769

What got me last night, was the need to iron out mistakes and repeat a handful of lines - rather than continue over them or make a joke of the mistake.
Obviously this meant some of the show was rather stilted.
With sitting very near the front of the theatre, there was the chance to see some of the banter between him and the audience, up close.

I would recommend buying the DVD or asking Santa via your Christmas list. The bonus being, you may see me sitting in the background, chuckling away!

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Jimmi - 08 Oct 2015

(08 Oct 2015, 9:57 am)Andreos1 Technically this post is 12 hours too late - but went to the Chris Ramsey DVD recording last night.

Must admit, he isn't as funny as his mentor (and joke writer) Jason Cook, but still enjoyed the night. Having seen Ramsey (and others) at a charity gig at The Stand last month, I was expecting similar material. It was similar, but he had certainly refined his lines.

https://twitter.com/IAmChrisRamsey/status/651888102349344769

What got me last night, was the need to iron out mistakes and repeat a handful of lines - rather than continue over them or make a joke of the mistake.
Obviously this meant some of the show was rather stilted.
With sitting very near the front of the theatre, there was the chance to see some of the banter between him and the audience, up close.

I would recommend buying the DVD or asking Santa via your Christmas list. The bonus being, you may see me sitting in the background, chuckling away!

Would have loved to have gone along to that, seen Chris Ramsey twice, the first was at Planet Leisure on Aycliffe Industrial Estate so whilst the gig was going on there was a roller disco downstairs. In this gig Chris pulled down a glitter ball from the ceiling and cut himself in the process but thankfully someone brought along wet wipes. Also saw him do a gig at The Forum in Darlington recently. Not seen Jason Cook live but I would like to as from what I've seen on TV and online is quite funny.

Certainly looking forward to the DVD.

(08 Oct 2015, 10:10 am)Jimmi Would have loved to have gone along to that, seen Chris Ramsey twice, the first was at Planet Leisure on Aycliffe Industrial Estate so whilst the gig was going on there was a roller disco downstairs. In this gig Chris pulled down a glitter ball from the ceiling and cut himself in the process but thankfully someone brought along wet wipes. Also saw him do a gig at The Forum in Darlington recently. Not seen Jason Cook live but I would like to as from what I've seen on TV and online is quite funny.

Certainly looking forward to the DVD.

Jason Cook was the warm-up last night.
Only on a short while, but he was good.

It is maybe worth you checking out gigs at The Stand. Jason Cook is often on there and each time I have seen him, it has been less than a tenner in.
He usually has Chris Ramsey tagging along, making an appearance.

(08 Oct 2015, 10:22 am)Andreos1 Jason Cook was the warm-up last night.
Only on a short while, but he was good.

It is maybe worth you checking out gigs at The Stand. Jason Cook is often on there and each time I have seen him, it has been less than a tenner in.
He usually has Chris Ramsey tagging along, making an appearance.
I'd love to but it's convincing people I know (who can drive) to go with as I wouldn't go on my own and I can't because of the lacking of public transport on an evening from Newcastle (and Middlesbrough plus other places).

(08 Oct 2015, 11:27 am)Jimmi I'd love to but it's convincing people I know (who can drive) to go with as I wouldn't go on my own and I can't because of the lacking of public transport on an evening from Newcastle (and Middlesbrough plus other places).

http://www.thestand.co.uk/whats-on/Newcastle

There are sometimes events on during the day.

If you can't find anyone who drives to take you - there is only one thing for it... learn to drive :p

(08 Oct 2015, 2:39 pm)Andreos1 http://www.thestand.co.uk/whats-on/Newcastle

There are sometimes events on during the day.

If you can't find anyone who drives to take you - there is only one thing for it... learn to drive
I wish I could drive but I can't ever see myself behind the wheel, my mind wonders far too much for me to concentrate on the road. Also there wouldn't be much point in having a car (at least at the moment) as I don't really have to go anywhere that warrants the use of a car.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Diamond One - 09 Oct 2015

Got woken up by sex noises from my neighbors house hasn't happened in ages until today

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Michael - 09 Oct 2015

(09 Oct 2015, 9:52 am)Diamond One Got woken up by sex noises from my neighbors house hasn't happened in ages until today

Haha, bloody hell, she must of been loud!

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 09 Oct 2015

(09 Oct 2015, 9:52 am)Diamond One Got woken up by sex noises from my neighbors house hasn't happened in ages until today

You need to shout a loud score out of 10. Angel

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Rapidsnap - 09 Oct 2015

Seeing an owner of a cowboy bus firm trying to jump start former GNE T102KGP with his Mercedes car.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Adrian - 09 Oct 2015

(09 Oct 2015, 4:10 pm)BusLoverMum You need to shout a loud score out of 10. Angel

Can't say I've ever had the temptation, but there again, I've never had such noises penetrating my walls.  Shy

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Jimmi - 09 Oct 2015

(09 Oct 2015, 10:00 pm)Adrian Can't say I've ever had the temptation, but there again, I've never had such noises penetrating my walls.  Shy
I can often hear my neighbour cough through my bedroom wall, it's certainly weird when you are doing something and just hear him cough sounding like it's an objection to whatever it is that I'm doing.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - northern156 - 09 Oct 2015

(09 Oct 2015, 10:17 pm)Jimmi I can often hear my neighbour cough through my bedroom wall, it's certainly weird when you are doing something and just hear him cough sounding like it's an objection to whatever it is that I'm doing.

At least it's only a cough! Unlike Bazza's fiesty friend! Big Grin

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Simmy - 11 Oct 2015

The computerized announcements in Bristol by First bus. Sounds nout like the correct pronunciation. Think that they hired Microsoft Sam...

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Michael - 12 Oct 2015

This video going through a small stadium where the spectators sit haha - https://www.facebook.com/alexander.loidl/videos/1024963277535211/?hc_location=ufi