North East Buses
What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What has amused you/made you laugh today? (/showthread.php?tid=1674)

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Davie - 14 Dec 2015

(14 Dec 2015, 7:22 pm)Michael I think GNE will order Streetlites for the next couple of years until a new/better model comes out although that B8RLE Wright Eclipse 3 is decent...shame GNE looks to be getting none....
Yeah, I think the Blaydon Races livery would suit Streetlites. It would be nice if they decided to invest in some other buses other than Streetlites, however cost could be an issue.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - S813 FVK - 14 Dec 2015

(14 Dec 2015, 7:24 pm)Michael Oh Go-Ahead loves a Streetdeck Tongue

Although I haven't ridden one, they can't be that bad given that Go-Ahead seems to be trialling it and then purchasing them for several routes.

I think i've said it before but i'm certain that Dan said that the Streetdeck performed quite well on the X21 and, where it was late, managed to make up time (although this was helped by the A1(M) stretch).

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jimmi - 14 Dec 2015

(14 Dec 2015, 7:30 pm)S813 FVK Although I haven't ridden one, they can't be that bad given that Go-Ahead seems to be trialling it and then purchasing them for several routes.

I think i've said it before but i'm certain that Dan said that the Streetdeck performed quite well on the X21 and, where it was late, managed to make up time (although this was helped by the A1(M) stretch).

Although it wasn't the fastest bus, it seemed to be running bang on-time almost every time I saw it apart from its first journey where it left Bishop Auckland late as the driver was a little unsure how to turn the bus back on and then got stuck getting into Newcastle because of closures surrounding the Pride Parade. Hopefully if they are bought for the X21 they will be set up for performance rather than being set up for fuel efficiency and aren't limited to 50mph.

(14 Dec 2015, 7:19 pm)Davie Me either. I think 5275-5284 will be able to handle the route perfectly for a few more years yet. Although Go North East will probably opt for Streetlites should the 49/49A recivie investment, I wouldn't like to be on board one trying to climb Blaydon bank...

Although the Citaro's could handle the route for a fair few more years they could maybe go on another route to upgrade the buses for the allocation, possibly Fast Cats or The Waggonway along with something else.

(14 Dec 2015, 7:44 pm)Jimmi Although the Citaro's could handle the route for a fair few more years they could maybe go on another route to upgrade the buses for the allocation, possibly Fast Cats or The Waggonway along with something else.

I'd like to see Citaros allocated to services 28/28A, however I think if they were to get new buses it would probably be Streetlites unfortunately.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jimmi - 14 Dec 2015

(14 Dec 2015, 7:46 pm)Davie I'd like to see Citaros allocated to services 28/28A, however I think if they were to get new buses it would probably be Streetlites unfortunately.
I can't see the 28/28A getting new buses, I think cascades are more likely.

(14 Dec 2015, 7:52 pm)Jimmi I can't see the 28/28A getting new buses, I think cascades are more likely.
Neither can I tbh, but you never know. Hopefully, if they do get upgraded soon, I hope they get decent buses, Citaros would be a good fit.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 14 Dec 2015

(14 Dec 2015, 7:19 pm)Davie Me either. I think 5275-5284 will be able to handle the route perfectly for a few more years yet. Although Go North East will probably opt for Streetlites should the 49/49A recivie investment, I wouldn't like to be on board one trying to climb Blaydon bank...

The streetlites on our local arriva route manage climbs just as arduous without breaking a sweat. Not fast, but not crawling either and they don't sound strained.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 14 Dec 2015

Me neither, but 5401 has spent quite a bit of time of the 28's and Fell Bank recently.
Suppose that is a good a place as any to see how it can cope on a decent incline.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 15 Dec 2015

This article: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/15/dating-marketing-tinder-nhs-transplant?CMP=twt_gu

Or more specifically, three examples of merging tinder with apps that would be relevant to one or two members on here! Myself included!

The Greggs dating app.
We all know how often Greggs gets a mention in a bus outings review!
Fancy some company on your next grice? Just dust those steak bake crumbs away and be prepared to by another bottle of water to share.

Night Bus dating app.
Adam has a reputation for getting the night bus home. Does he need an app for the 'final leg' though?
Will Marcus ever get the N21 home on one of his days out and experience the delights?

Welcome Break Dining app.
Motorway services are often a welcome sight, less so during school holidays - and although neither a sales rep nor a truck driver, I am sure Mrs C wouldn't mind.
What she doesn't know and all that jazz...

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Adrian - 15 Dec 2015

(15 Dec 2015, 1:53 pm)Andreos1 Will Marcus ever get the N21 home on one of his days out and experience the delights?

No chance - it doesn't start until well after 4pm Wink

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Michael - 17 Dec 2015

This post on Sort the Metro (official):

You know who I feel sorry for? The children of metro workers. Imagine opening your Christmas presents and expecting a train set and receiving a replacement bus set instead.... Sad times....

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - S813 FVK - 18 Dec 2015

Don't know if anybody was listening to BBC Radio Newcastle at around 15:55 but one of the write ins cracked me up a bit. From what I can remember it was "I loved the song you played 20 minutes ago about the A1 (Highway to hell)".

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Simmy - 19 Dec 2015

(15 Dec 2015, 1:53 pm)Andreos1 This article: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/15/dating-marketing-tinder-nhs-transplant?CMP=twt_gu

Or more specifically, three examples of merging tinder with apps that would be relevant to one or two members on here! Myself included!

The Greggs dating app.
We all know how often Greggs gets a mention in a bus outings review!
Fancy some company on your next grice? Just dust those steak bake crumbs away and be prepared to by another bottle of water to share.

Night Bus dating app.
Adam has a reputation for getting the night bus home. Does he need an app for the 'final leg' though?
Will Marcus ever get the N21 home on one of his days out and experience the delights?

Welcome Break Dining app.
Motorway services are often a welcome sight, less so during school holidays - and although neither a sales rep nor a truck driver, I am sure Mrs C wouldn't mind.
What she doesn't know and all that jazz...

Tinder works wonders in Bristol. Just a shame that I would have to buy the pro version in order to talk to people back home in the North.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 19 Dec 2015

Donut stand on Tubwell row advertising "Belguin waffle trees"

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Michael - 21 Dec 2015

These puns

https://www.facebook.com/KrisRoseFromTheDead/videos/146502435717273/?theater

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 04 Jan 2016

Husband has been getting slightly frustrated that anything containing the word document has been getting stuck in the filters at work, on account of a small part of the word. Actually quite frustrating, given that he's been working on documentation, today Big Grin

They'd best not take on any work for anyone in Scunthorpe.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Adrian - 04 Jan 2016

(04 Jan 2016, 10:45 pm)BusLoverMum Husband has been getting slightly frustrated that anything containing the word document has been getting stuck in the filters at work, on account of a small part of the word. Actually quite frustrating, given that he's been working on documentation, today Big Grin

Zip and password protect the zip archive. Most filters are configured to bypass if they can't scan inside an archive. Smile

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 05 Jan 2016

(04 Jan 2016, 11:02 pm)Adrian Zip and password protect the zip archive. Most filters are configured to bypass if they can't scan inside an archive. Smile

He does that anyhow. Frustrating when he doesn't receive stuff from others, though!

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - MrFozz - 05 Jan 2016

(04 Jan 2016, 10:45 pm)BusLoverMum Husband has been getting slightly frustrated that anything containing the word document has been getting stuck in the filters at work, on account of a small part of the word. Actually quite frustrating, given that he's been working on documentation, today Big Grin

I always wondered who put the **** in Scunthorpe...

A lad I know moved down there and realised he is the **** in Scunthorpe

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - DanPicken - 06 Jan 2016

This puddle in Jesmond.
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1YpKkrVPNVyxj