North East Buses
What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What has amused you/made you laugh today? (/showthread.php?tid=1674)

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - LeeCalder - 25 Mar 2016

(25 Mar 2016, 12:34 am)GX03 SVC Damn, I liked being the most controversial enthusiast.

#9 - a livery that was really designed in Microsoft Paint at 3am.....

And it looks like he's tried to create a website without people knowing who the author is... You have a photo of yourself at the bottom sat at a table of the Castles Express....#10 on your list.

Why exactly would I create it without people wanting to know who the author is!

I asked people on my group (Which is a generic North East group), Simply GNE and via a survey.

So, sorry your all wrong.

And if it is the anti Go North East brigade, I would love to know why they feature in the 'brands we love" blog 5 times?!

And this does include CURRENT brand's also....

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Rapidsnap - 25 Mar 2016

To be honest I dislike the Arriva MAX livery.

(25 Mar 2016, 8:00 am)GMitchelhill To be honest I dislike the Arriva MAX livery.

If I had decided the final 10.... It would of been in there, I don't like it at all, the brand doesn't sell itself in the way that sapphire does.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - citaro5284 - 25 Mar 2016

(25 Mar 2016, 6:51 am)LeeCalder Why exactly would I create it without people wanting to know who the author is!

I asked people on my group (Which is a generic North East group), Simply GNE and via a survey.

Just asking, are you going to publish the poll results to see how many voted in total and how many voted for each of the 10?

Would be nice to put a little bit of substance to the whole post, of course without manipulating the figures before hand  Big Grin

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - omnicity4659 - 25 Mar 2016

(25 Mar 2016, 6:51 am)LeeCalder Why exactly would I create it without people wanting to know who the author is!

So you hate Go North East so bad that almost every cover photo on your Facebook account.....wait for it....a Go North East vehicle. How odd?

A Go North East vehicle is used as a background on your website.......

And you go and do surveys on spotter groups full of idiots who bum Go North East, or in your group Arriva. 

We all know that the opinions are yours. You're the type of person who writes that shit.

Now now you two less of the fighting,everyone is entitled to their own opinion on bus liveries.

What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jimmi - 25 Mar 2016

Why doe's everything seem to be about how bad something like route brandings are, how about sharing about how good something is instead? Mind that said if you do that you just get people saying your up the relevant companies arse.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Adrian - 25 Mar 2016

Come on Lee. You can write about something better than that. Aside from your clear hatred for the Go North East exec team, some of the comments are ludicrous. I appreciate that it's an opinion piece, but a lot of it is without foundation and/or reasoning. Surely the whole point of writing an opinion piece is so that you not only get your opinion across, but also your argument for that opinion?

On the Castles Express:

"...and the seven Wright StreetDeck's which Go North East purchased for £1.5m (daylight robbery) would probably be better off without them." - This makes no sense. Without them, they'd be stuck with knocking on 17 year old ex-London buses, which were evidently unreliable to the customer. Never mind the management team. What would you have purchased instead, and why?

"Sorry Go North East, but all you have achieved here is restricting the view of the elderly. " - Really? I can see inside the bus from your picture, so there's no reason why someone wouldn't be able to see out, given that there is a natural source of light outside.

On the A-Line Solo:

"However, what we see before us now is reality, what we see before us is quite frankly a mess." - I recall describing it as being horrific, which you challenged on this very board. What's changed your mind?

On the X34:

"...the brand name. More, More, More with your X34 is pretty long and not the most memorable." - I somewhat feel that you're missing the point here. They're still marketing the service as the X34 - see here: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/north-east/more-buses-on-x34/. The "More, More, More..." is a tagline, not a brand name.

On the Crusader:

"A few years ago, Go North East believed in a magic little thing called interior branding, and on that interior branding they told the story of the Jarrow Crusade, but, them days are gone and under the leadership of Kevin Carr" - You'd think Kevin Carr went out there and designed everything from start to finish himself.  Big Grin Would this be the same internal branding that operators don't update and fill it up with waffle? 6 month on, and my regular X12 is still showing as stopping at Plawsworth.

On the red Angel: 

"From a Go North East point of view, it was a temporary measure, however this brand was pathetic to say the least. A couple of stickers and done. This is certainly where the downfall of this once great company began." - Fetch me the violins! As you say, it was a temporary measure. Before the Volvo B5LHs came into the fleet, and it was a better solution than sticking with the unreliable Vykings. I agree it looked crap, but it really doesn't need the amateur dramatics.

On the indiGo:

"Right, indiGO. Where to start... First off, they are pink, not indigo,..." - Are we still harping on about this? Besides, the outline of the lettering is indiGo. On the same token mind, trentbarton's rainbow service isn't painted in the colours of the rainbow, and their Mango is teal. It's a pathetic argument, and I'd have hoped you'd have the sense to agree with that.

"...and secondly there is a pun in there. However that pun is probably not understood by the vast majority, and is quite frankly stupendous. The plot has well and truly been lost. I have at this stage lost all hope, and will resign to searching for inspiration elsewhere." - You mean "indiGo to here", "indiGo to there"? What's to not understand? We're going to need an orchestra full of violinists by now.

On the corporate livery:

"*This red corporate identity can often be seen with patches of orange, green, purple, pink and many other colours." - I recall seeing the rear of a ex-Highwayman bus like this, but it hardly speaks volumes. I've seen buses in a lot worse condition (aesthetically), and I hope to see you do an opinion piece around that...

(25 Mar 2016, 10:44 am)GX03 SVC So you hate Go North East so bad that almost every cover photo on your Facebook account.....wait for it....a Go North East vehicle. How odd?

A Go North East vehicle is used as a background on your website.......

And you go and do surveys on spotter groups full of idiots who bum Go North East, or in your group Arriva. 

We all know that the opinions are yours. You're the type of person who writes that shit.

I'm all for someone saying something is shit, if they can say why it's shit and engage in full and proper debate about it. It's when it becomes nit-picking to the extreme, and without any substance. I'd been shown a comment on the Castles Express, with someone picking fault that the floor had a bit of the protective plastic film on it, that it'd have been shipped from Wrights in. 

I'd seen another knocking GNE for daring to market their vehicles prior to them entering service. Imagine us not having adverts wherever we looked, and not knowing what is on the market to purchase....  Big Grin

(25 Mar 2016, 11:35 am)Jimmi Why doe's everything seem to be about how bad something like route brandings are, how about sharing about how good something is instead? Mind that said if you do that you just get people saying your up the relevant companies arse.

What's the alternative? Don't market a service and let them dwindle away, because no one is using buses any more? The sooner we relocate everyone to 2016 the better.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jimmi - 25 Mar 2016

(25 Mar 2016, 11:39 am)Adrian What's the alternative? Don't market a service and let them dwindle away, because no one is using buses any more? The sooner we relocate everyone to 2016 the better.
The negative comments about the same stuff everyday is really becoming painful, like how we're being told about us spitting our dummies out and being told to wake up and smell the coffee and yet almost everyday since I joined Facebook I've been saying the same thing about IndiGo about the colour, the puns and the fact it advertises frequent connections to Middlesbrough and Sunderland. Seriously why? Is route brandings really worth that much of your time? Am I now one of the few enthusiasts who is still about the buses themselves rather than what frock their wearing or anything else that the relevant company does? Also if you're going to argue about something, at least know what you are arguing about as otherwise you are only going to embarrass yourself.

That's just my thoughts on the matter, you are free to disagree with them but don't go moaning about how I've made comments that don't match with your own.

(25 Mar 2016, 11:53 am)Jimmi The negative comments about the same stuff everyday is really becoming painful, like how we're being told about us spitting our dummies out and being told to wake up and smell the coffee and yet almost everyday since I joined Facebook I've been saying the same thing about IndiGo about the colour, the puns and the fact it advertises frequent connections to Middlesbrough and Sunderland. Seriously why? Is route brandings really worth that much of your time? Am I now one of the few enthusiasts who is still about the buses themselves rather than what frock their wearing or anything else that the relevant company does? Also if you're going to argue about something, at least know what you are arguing about as otherwise you are only going to embarrass yourself.

That's just my thoughts on the matter, you are free to disagree with them but don't go moaning about how I've made comments that don't match with your own.

Funny thing is that no one has seen the performance figures. Branding as indiGo and buying new buses could have created 80% growth for all we know.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jimmi - 25 Mar 2016

(25 Mar 2016, 11:58 am)Adrian Funny thing is that no one has seen the performance figures. Branding as indiGo and buying new buses could have created 80% growth for all we know.
It's irritating that some bang on about it being pink and it being bright and colourful but like it's been said a few times something that is bright and eye-catching will make people notice it, I have no marketing experience or anything like that but I have even come to this opinion just from teachers in primary school telling us to make posters that are bright and colourful so people will notice them!

I dare bet the performance figures have increased on the IndiGo routes as a result.

(25 Mar 2016, 11:58 am)Adrian Funny thing is that no one has seen the performance figures. Branding as indiGo and buying new buses could have created 80% growth for all we know.

The East Durham network was in dire need of upgrade. 

indiGo seems to be a brand of improvement on the core midibus services, East Durham and North Tyne Links. 

There's now people arguing the toss on a certain group about indiGo replacing NTL. No complaints about indiGo on the GNE Facebook page.....! 

The same happened with Fab Fifty Seven. They complain about the flowers then they complain about the CityLink brand being reused and throw in "it doesn't link cities"....whereas it links places to a city...

And from what I've seen, branding does increase patronage. If MAX works on Arriva, indiGo will work on Go North East.

Best way to go about is to draw your own opinions on liveries and brandings. I do read other peoples opinions but I don't allow them to cloud my views.

For example:

Tynedale Links - I found the revised brand to be totally refreshing and a vast improvement over the previous version.

Arriva MAX - I said earlier I dislike this livery. It's not the brand itself I dislike, I just feel the the colours are the wrong way around.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - jeffman - 25 Mar 2016

It'll be interesting to see if you still have these views in a few years time, when you're banging on the door at Go North East, asking for a job because you so desperately want to be a bus driver? Will you be passing such comments to the interviewer? We need a new boss anyway, apparently. I can see you going straight to head office!

The blinkedness amazes me. The Consett network was invested in, and it proved to be the correct way to improve a local, suburban network, which over time had gained a slightly tarnised reputation. The same process has therefore been followed at Peterlee, Hexham & Percy Main, as the expected rewards are the same - or better - for the business.

I really don't understand why all of my comments are taken so seriously, those that are friends or know me well should now know that I say a lot of things in a sarcastic and mainly jesting manner. All because I made some sarcastic fun of some Go North East brands, and also some others world war three breaks out!

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - DanPicken - 25 Mar 2016

(25 Mar 2016, 6:27 pm)LeeCalder I really don't understand why all of my comments are taken so seriously, those that are friends or know me well should now know that I say a lot of things in a sarcastic and mainly jesting manner. All because I made some sarcastic fun of some Go North East brands, and also some others world war three breaks out!

I think some people on here could do with some Tampons....

(25 Mar 2016, 6:27 pm)LeeCalder I really don't understand why all of my comments are taken so seriously, those that are friends or know me well should now know that I say a lot of things in a sarcastic and mainly jesting manner. All because I made some sarcastic fun of some Go North East brands, and also some others world war three breaks out!

We all know that you come out with this when people disagree with you. Grow up.

(25 Mar 2016, 6:41 pm)DanPicken I think some people on here could do with some Tampons....

You for a start.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - DanPicken - 25 Mar 2016

(25 Mar 2016, 7:12 pm)GX03 SVC We all know that you come out with this when people disagree with you. Grow up.

You for a start.

Why exactly? It seems the Anti-Lee Club is back.