North East Buses
What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What has amused you/made you laugh today? (/showthread.php?tid=1674)

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 8:21 am)BusLoverMum Aren't they both speed restricted?

No idea.
The decker was determined to get in to the middle lane and do some overtaking though.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - South Tyne Lad - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 8:21 am)BusLoverMum Aren't they both speed restricted?

Streetdecks are 50Mph
Omnicitys are between 56 and 60 Mph
More likely 56 Mph Though

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 1:51 pm)South Tyne Lad Streetdecks are 50Mph

Even if the limits were the same, I couldn't imagine a Streetdeck being able to take on an Omnicity. The Omnicities in decent condition, as well as having weight on their side are pretty spritely. I  was on an Arriva one, last year, when it was still allocated to the 21A, which whizzed up the A66, uphill, overtaking several cars! (And I'd love to try one going up Silent Bank, but no chance of that in the forseeable.)

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Rapidsnap - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 8:13 pm)BusLoverMum Even if the limits were the same, I couldn't imagine a Streetdeck being able to take on an Omnicity. The Omnicities in decent condition, as well as having weight on their side are pretty spritely. I  was on an Arriva one, last year, when it was still allocated to the 21A, which whizzed up the A66, uphill, overtaking several cars! (And I'd love to try one going up Silent Bank, but no chance of that in the forseeable.)

Prob wasn't very Silent, but I've had Scania N113s up that bank without issue before.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 9:51 pm)GMitchelhill Prob wasn't very Silent, but I've had Scania N113s up that bank without issue before.

It's a tough bank. We used to see an almost daily broken down double decker (no idea what - I wasn't paying attention 7-8 years ago) parked up by Crossways! Still see a fair few vehicles (of any sort) pull in half way up and phone for help.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 30 Apr 2016

A couple of guys trying to get a tumble dryer into the boot of a 3 door astra.

Almost as funny as the tourists from Atlanta buying posh cheese in Durham, yesterday. One had to take a photo of the one making the purchase, of course.

(26 Apr 2016, 1:51 pm)South Tyne Lad Streetdecks are 50Mph

I take back my previous comment. 5259 has just been completely pwned by a late running streetdeck on the A167.

Though 5259 feels a little dead anyhow.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 3:05 pm)BusLoverMum I take back my previous comment. 5259 has just been completely pwned by a late running streetdeck on the A167.

Though 5259 feels a little dead anyhow.

Hope you weren't doubting what I saw mind Wink

No idea which Omni or Streetdeck it was like.

(30 Apr 2016, 6:44 pm)Andreos1 Hope you weren't doubting what I saw mind Wink

No idea which Omni or Streetdeck it was like.

Normally, the streetdeck wouldn't stand a chance.

This omnicity limped through Durham making an awful noise, mind. Never mind a streetdeck, it was overtaken by pretty much every car on a 30mph road. Meantime, we were deafened in the back.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 7:10 pm)BusLoverMum Normally, the streetdeck wouldn't stand a chance.

This omnicity limped through Durham making an awful noise, mind. Never mind a streetdeck, it was overtaken by pretty much every car on a 30mph road. Meantime, we were deafened in the back.

There must be two Omni's that aren't as hot as a Streetdecker.
Yours was one of the branded ones that had moved from Chester.
The one I saw was an unbranded one.

Zoomed in as much as I could on the dash-cam, with little success.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - South Tyne Lad - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 8:28 pm)Andreos1 There must be two Omni's that aren't as hot as a Streetdecker.
Yours was one of the branded ones that had moved from Chester.
The one I saw was an unbranded one.

Zoomed in as much as I could on the dash-cam, with little success.

The branded one I had today matched all of BLMs description on it, It was 5257.

(30 Apr 2016, 8:43 pm)South Tyne Lad The branded one I had today matched all of BLMs description on it, It was 5257.

Must be an awful batch. The Toonlink ones are every bit as good as the Arriva ones (when they work).

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - South Tyne Lad - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 9:11 pm)BusLoverMum Must be an awful batch. The Toonlink ones are every bit as good as the Arriva ones (when they work).

Most of them are actually ok, You just must be unlucky! Big Grin
Though I agree on the Toonlink examples, There definitely better than Washington's.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Tom - 01 May 2016

Saw him yesterday in town haha he's great, I think it's the same one that was near the entrance to Eldon Square not long ago too. - http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastles-beatbox-spider-man-reveal-11266519

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 01 May 2016

(01 May 2016, 8:39 pm)Tom Saw him yesterday in town haha he's great, I think it's the same one that was near the entrance to Eldon Square not long ago too. - http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastles-beatbox-spider-man-reveal-11266519

Now I know why there was a guy with a git big camera taking photos of him, yesterday!

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Michael - 02 May 2016

This made me lol:

To put it into perspective - Leicester winning the Premier League is like Stevie Wonder winning on Takeshi's Castle. Beyond a miracle but loving it!

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 13 May 2016

Mark Radcliffe interviewing Father John Misty, this afternoon.

AWKWARD!!!

Edit: Didn't have to look far to find it!
http://www.stereogum.com/1877059/hear-father-john-mistys-awkward-interview-on-bbc-radio-6-music-today/news/

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 20 May 2016

Husband's attempt at a wild Friday night.

Poured himself a glass of wine (he doesn't drink much) put an X-Ray Spex CD on and has fallen asleep in the armchair Big Grin

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Simmy - 21 May 2016

(20 May 2016, 9:44 pm)BusLoverMum Husband's attempt at a wild Friday night.

Poured himself a glass of wine (he doesn't drink much) put an X-Ray Spex CD on and has fallen asleep in the armchair Big Grin
Halfer :p

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - citaro5284 - 21 May 2016

(20 May 2016, 9:44 pm)BusLoverMum Husband's attempt at a wild Friday night.

He needs to slow down as these wild nights will get out of hand..