North East Buses
What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What has amused you/made you laugh today? (/showthread.php?tid=1674)

What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jamie M - 16 Aug 2017

I think it's a little erratic haha[Image: d35d6f2b82ce68c129a48b3090aef62f.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jimmi - 16 Aug 2017

(16 Aug 2017, 11:07 pm)Jamie M I think it's a little erratic haha[Image: d35d6f2b82ce68c129a48b3090aef62f.jpg]

Think how bad it would have been if I hadn't cut the number of them down twice!  Big Grin

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 04 Sep 2017

https://twitter.com/Oldfirmfacts1/status/904297661511159808

lol, #busbantz

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 20 Sep 2017

The birthday announcement has always intrigued me (not sure why people would announce their birthdays to strangers), but today's birthday's amused me no end.

So many Christmas shenanigans in the Sinclair family that triplets appeared!

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 25 Sep 2017

A, let's say, eccentric, old man in dbs trying to strike up a conversation with me in German.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 25 Sep 2017

(25 Sep 2017, 3:49 pm)BusLoverMum A, let's say, eccentric, old man in dbs trying to strike up a conversation with me in German.

Did you reply to him? And if so, which language did you reply to him in?

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 26 Sep 2017

(25 Sep 2017, 7:37 pm)Andreos1 Did you reply to him? And if so, which language did you reply to him in?

I apologised for my terrible German. Translated some of the words he used when I got home. He was referring to littlun's stimming which goes into overdrive in that bus station when it's busy.

What has amused you/made you laugh today? - TEN 6083 - 09 Oct 2017

[Image: c0cf1b80494012a6222d013e029418a3.heic]

Putting air in my car tyres at Shell in Hexham and see this in the adjacent car park

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - EL1TE - 09 Oct 2017

Saw this on 6070 the other day... I think some mackem saw it in Newcastle..

What has amused you/made you laugh today? - MrFozz - 12 Oct 2017

On one of Edens free shopper buses in Bishop today and noticed a setting on there wayfarer ticket machine for people like me [Image: 53160a730476cbd6cd9c0aa821460116.jpg]

To the right of the adult setting...

TWAT

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What has amused you/made you laugh today? - TEN 6083 - 04 Nov 2017

Was at Hexham Fireworks Display tonight and someone kept going ooh and aah constantly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Rapidsnap - 10 Nov 2017

Driver of the 185 trying to ruin my shots of the demo at Birdoswald, originally parked outside the car park, but quickly realised he would have to go in to turn around, so came in trying to hide behind is duty board which is a bit stupid, did the same at Haltwhistle earlier on using his hand then duty board. Honestly drivers should expect if they driving something different from the norm the bus they are driving will end up being photographed many times.

Haltwhistle Hand - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/38263204666/in/dateposted/
Haltwhiste Duty Board - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/26544623769/in/dateposted/
Birdoswald - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/38263216976/in/dateposted/

Mind GNE might have teached their driver about this enhanced driving technique by covering their vision. Using the force perhaps, shall we expect Darth Vader seeing the next lot of trainee drivers through the training school.

What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jamie M - 11 Nov 2017

To be fair, he's not doing anything wrong and doesn't want to get pictured -- but there are some pretty poor attempts at hiding it haha.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - James101 - 11 Nov 2017

(11 Nov 2017, 12:29 am)Jamie M To be fair, he's not doing anything wrong and doesn't want to get pictured -- but there are some pretty poor attempts at hiding it haha.

Apart from taking his hand off the wheel unnecessarily, in order to deliberately obscure his view of the road? Not to mention his mental focus is clearly on the Photographer as opposed to driving his vehicle?

What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jamie M - 11 Nov 2017

If they can maintain normal driving then it's trivial. Driving without misdue care and attention/dangerous driving refer to explicitly when you've caused it - rather than showing signs. It's not generally enforced preventatively, especially if you're driving normally.

I don't believe it's a greater risk to the greater public or those being transported.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 11 Nov 2017

(11 Nov 2017, 2:15 am)Jamie M If they can maintain normal driving then it's trivial. Driving without misdue care and attention/dangerous driving refer to explicitly when you've caused it - rather than showing signs. It's not generally enforced preventatively, especially if you're driving normally.

I don't believe it's a greater risk to the greater public or those being transported.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/helicopter-scrambled-for-apple-eating-driver-488199.html

I can still remember the media furor all these years later.
Charged after being spotted driving with an apple in her hand.

Imagine a passing patrol car seeing a bus driver not only having something in their hand, but obscuring their vision at the same time. Wonder what would have happened?

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Rapidsnap - 11 Nov 2017

To be honest doing what he did only brought more attention to him, if he went around normally I doubt I would have noticed the driver.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - James101 - 11 Nov 2017

(11 Nov 2017, 2:15 am)Jamie M If they can maintain normal driving then it's trivial. Driving without misdue care and attention/dangerous driving refer to explicitly when you've caused it - rather than showing signs. It's not generally enforced preventatively, especially if you're driving normally.

There’s a difference between doing something wrong and doing something you’ll probably get away with.

Are you saying that the driver’s actions are in no way dangerous whatsoever - or that it’s okay as he didn’t cause an accident this time as he’s only in trouble if he hurts someone? 

If it’s the former, that’s just bizarre. If you can’t understand how covering your face with your hand would reduce control, there’s no hope. Road accidents happen generally to to a missed hazard, I.e. something you didn’t see, and even more so on roads the driver is complacent with if they feel they are familiar with their surroundings. Though in this case, by the very nature of it being a demo, the driver is piloting an unfamiliar vehicle.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Rapidsnap - 11 Nov 2017

I dunno, I tried driving my car around an empty car park with my vision obscured and nearly hit the kerb.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Charles41 - 11 Nov 2017

Or how about the idiot who nearly went into my car today. Driving on the wrong side of the road whilst talking on his mobile phone.

Charles