North East Buses
What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What has amused you/made you laugh today? (/showthread.php?tid=1674)

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - MurdnunoC - 16 Aug 2015

(16 Aug 2015, 12:00 pm)R852 PRG http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Trainspotting

Love the added contribution by the spotter attempting to make a spirited defence of their hobby.

Haters gonna hate, lol.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Adrian - 16 Aug 2015

A sense of irony in the chip shop last night. We were in for just about last orders, and the lass behind the counter wasn't impressed that the bloke in front of us, didn't have anything smaller than a £20 for a bag of chips. He was in full bus operator uniform. Big Grin

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 16 Aug 2015

It is well documented that the purple Solars aren't too popular amongst several members on here.

It seems they aren't too popular amongst drivers too
The latest one on witnessing a changeover on 5215.
Driver 1:
'Get me off this bus. My back is killing. Everything rattles, shakes and vibrates.'.
Driver 2: *responds inaudibly*
Driver 1: 'I know. Only been to Shields and back, but I am sick of my life. Good luck!'  

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Dan - 16 Aug 2015

Well the above post amused me today - Andreos1 blathering on about purple Solars again!

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Michael - 16 Aug 2015

(16 Aug 2015, 1:51 pm)Dan Well the above post amused me today - Andreos1 blathering on about purple Solars again!

Hopefully they'll be replaced this year! Wink

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Malarkey - 16 Aug 2015

(16 Aug 2015, 1:51 pm)Dan Well the above post amused me today - Andreos1 blathering on about purple Solars again!

To be honest I got on 4945 last Sunday from Shields to Park Lane and it was horrendous, rattled like mad and didnt sound on the healthy side either compared to say the Solars on 93/94 which are just fantastic in my opinion, hopefully if that B8RLE ends up coming up here to Go North East then I hope it gets trialed on the 20.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Dan - 16 Aug 2015

(16 Aug 2015, 1:53 pm)Michael Hopefully they'll be replaced this year! Wink

That way, Andreos1 can have a good moan about purple Streetlites instead - happy days!  Big Grin

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 16 Aug 2015

(16 Aug 2015, 1:53 pm)Michael Hopefully they'll be replaced this year! Wink
Fingers crossed!
It has been mentioned a few times by different people, so it isn't just me!
(16 Aug 2015, 1:57 pm)Malarkey To be honest I got on 4945 last Sunday from Shields to Park Lane and it was horrendous, rattled like mad and didnt sound on the healthy side either compared to say the Solars on 93/94 which are just fantastic in my opinion, hopefully if that B8RLE ends up coming up here to Go North East then I hope it gets trialed on the 20.

Amazed how different, different batches are.
I mentioned the red ex 56 spares compared to those in purple and it is quite amazing.
Had a ride out yesterday, that involved a 51 and Y reg example. Both better to owt on the 20's.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Michael - 17 Aug 2015

Found this on Youtube... Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time reversed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycvYW_PVfkc

Sounds proper mad haha

Edit: Her first song Tongue

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - DanPicken - 17 Aug 2015

If you go to Burnopfield there's a Busty Bank.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - S813 FVK - 17 Aug 2015

(17 Aug 2015, 5:17 pm)danpick If you go to Burnopfield there's a Busty Bank.

There is indeed. Think it has a bus stop being hidden in a bush on the bank which has been mentioned on the forum in the past (unrelated to this topic).

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - MurdnunoC - 17 Aug 2015

(17 Aug 2015, 7:15 pm)S813 FVK There is indeed. Think it has a bus stop being hidden in a bush on the bank which has been mentioned on the forum in the past (unrelated to this topic).

There certainly is.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 17 Aug 2015

(17 Aug 2015, 5:17 pm)danpick If you go to Burnopfield there's a Busty Bank.

My inner 12 year old still sniggers when it sees the bus to Cockfield.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Sidthebusbabe - 18 Aug 2015

Watching this with X2 speed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWTaaS7LdU&ab_channel=whitneyhoustonVEVO
She sounds a bit like a goat at times

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Malarkey - 22 Aug 2015

The idea of dressing up as Sunderland Mascot Samson this Thursday for 4 Hours, no idea what is for yet.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - NK53 TKT - 22 Aug 2015

The realisation that in September 618 will be on scholars

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - omnicity4659 - 26 Aug 2015

"This is where I escape to have a weeee!" - the funniest quote I've ever heard.........

I don't think Arriva drivers would say (and do!) that if they still did the 30...

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Malarkey - 27 Aug 2015

In a follow up to my post earlier about work today, the following had me stitches inside the Samson Costume.

I was informed by the Marketing Department in Black Cats House at SOL that there would be a Lad in his mid 20s there who follows Samson and Delilah everywhere, and always attends events when he knows they are going to be there, anyway approximately 2 Minutes after arriving at The Beach House myself and Delilah got collared by this lad, he starts by saying how much he loves Delilah and goes into his bag and digs out a Delilah Cuddly Toy, he goes dont worry Samson (to me) I like you to, so just morning I went to the Club Shop at the Stadium and bought the one of Samson also, had to show severe restraint to not start laughing out loud, the Lad was there from start to finish and followed us everywhere we went along the sea front for almost 3 Hours (Got a bit creepy after a while), in a way he reminded me a lot of Bazza and his enthusiasm for Buses etc.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 27 Aug 2015

(16 Aug 2015, 1:57 pm)Malarkey To be honest I got on 4945 last Sunday from Shields to Park Lane and it was horrendous, rattled like mad and didnt sound on the healthy side either compared to say the Solars on 93/94 which are just fantastic in my opinion, hopefully if that B8RLE ends up coming up here to Go North East then I hope it gets trialed on the 20.

Just highlighting this post and wondering where your crystal ball is.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 27 Aug 2015

(17 Aug 2015, 10:33 pm)BusLoverMum My inner 12 year old still sniggers when it sees the bus to Cockfield.

And on this note, I now need to find a frame for this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvellous-Great-British-Place-Classic/dp/B00TX060NY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440716362&sr=8-1&keywords=marvellous+map