North East Buses
What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What has amused you/made you laugh today? (/showthread.php?tid=1674)

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - S813 FVK - 18 Sep 2015

They are doing some sort of building work at school involving the roof over one of the gyms. However, on one of the fences, rather than having some safety message to workers before entering the site, it says 'Please refrain from using foul language'. Now to be honest, if there is anywhere were that sign is irrelevant, its in a secondary school where pretty much all you can hear is foul language.

What has amused/made you laugh today? - Jimmi - 18 Sep 2015

I'm told there was a close up of me on a big screen in Sunderland for the City of Culture launch bid earlier tonight. Apparently it was some film about Split Festival which I went to last year.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 18 Sep 2015

(18 Sep 2015, 9:50 pm)Jimmi I'm told there was a close up of me on a big screen in Sunderland for the City of Culture launch bid earlier tonight. Apparently it was some film about Split Festival which I went to last year.

It depends on the type of culture Wink

The bar has to be low, mind. I mean, Hull have it in a couple of years. When I was there, the height of culture was the rather fabulous Spiders nightclub
http://www.spidersnightclub.com/ (complete with retro geocities style graphics, despite being all of 3 years old!)

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - MurdnunoC - 18 Sep 2015

(18 Sep 2015, 10:23 pm)BusLoverMum It depends on the type of culture Wink

The bar has to be low, mind. I mean, Hull have it in a couple of years. When I was there, the height of culture was the rather fabulous Spiders nightclub
http://www.spidersnightclub.com/ (complete with retro geocities style graphics, despite being all of 3 years old!)

But Hull, at least, is a historic port - a conduit for culture which has flowed in and out of the British Isles dating back many centuries. 

Sunderland had ship-building for a bit, and that's about it really!

EDIT: Oh, and a Monastery too!

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Michael - 18 Sep 2015

(18 Sep 2015, 10:28 pm)MurdnunoC But Hull, at least, is a historic port - a conduit for culture which has flowed in and out of the British Isles dating back many centuries. 

We had a few mines too haha

(18 Sep 2015, 10:34 pm)Michael We had a few mines too haha

Nearly everywhere had mines at some point. Hardly unique.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 18 Sep 2015

(18 Sep 2015, 10:28 pm)MurdnunoC But Hull, at least, is a historic port - a conduit for culture which has flowed in and out of the British Isles dating back many centuries. 

Oh, those highly cultured Russian sailors.

And fish. Lots of fish. Husband's dad was a miner. My grandparents worked the docks. Culture very much optional, if you could find the time.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Michael - 18 Sep 2015

(18 Sep 2015, 10:39 pm)MurdnunoC Nearly everywhere had mines at some point. Hardly unique.

What do you have where u live?

We should of gone for a Sunderland, Newcastle and Gateshead bid instead.

(18 Sep 2015, 10:43 pm)Michael What do you have where u live?

We should of gone for a Sunderland, Newcastle and Gateshead bid instead.

To answer your question, near to my location, we have old mines (like everybody else); an 18th century chapel and pleasure grounds (formerly home to the Bowes-Lyons - relations of the Queen Mother I believe); lots of woodland; a recently reintroduced bird of prey of which few businesses in the area use as a promotional tool; and a popular park and caravan site. 

It's worth noting I live in a small village though.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - NK53 TKT - 19 Sep 2015

(17 Sep 2015, 8:35 pm)S813 FVK This tweet. I have no idea what it means like:

That's a bit harsh

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Dan - 19 Sep 2015

(17 Sep 2015, 8:35 pm)S813 FVK This tweet. I have no idea what it means like:

Thought the name rang a bell - the girl is from Sunderland and she appeared on Britain's Got Talent last year... She, and some people I know to be within her friend group, regularly take to Social Media with unexplained criticism, often using profanity (which really has no place on a bus operator's Social Media page).

Other than 'likes' on the posts (I've seen a few posts like this recently which have attracted 100+ likes), I really don't know what these people get out of it.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - NK53 TKT - 19 Sep 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlUqzbAkr94
I had to post this it entertains me day and night

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 20 Sep 2015

Wasn't sure whether to put it in here or the politics thread.

But... The story appearing all over twitter at the moment and in the papers tomorrow, relating to David Cameron and a pig.

He has yet to confirm or deny, that he had to go to a GUM clinic for some oinkment.
Rumours persist, that when speaking on the phone, there was lots of crackling.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Jimmi - 21 Sep 2015

(20 Sep 2015, 10:41 pm)Andreos1 Wasn't sure whether to put it in here or the politics thread.

But... The story appearing all over twitter at the moment and in the papers tomorrow, relating to David Cameron and a pig.

He has yet to confirm or deny, that he had to go to a GUM clinic for some oinkment.
Rumours persist, that when speaking on the phone, there was lots of crackling.

Creepy thing about this story is in Charlie Brooker's series "Black Mirror" there is an episode where a Prime Minister (not Cameron or anyone else in politics, this is fictional) has to have sex with a pig to meet demands to free a princess or something like that who has been kidnapped and this was the kidnappers demands.

Charlie Brooker has said on Twitter that he knew nothing about the story relating to David Cameron and the pig when the show was made back in 2011.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 21 Sep 2015

(21 Sep 2015, 4:12 pm)Jimmi Creepy thing about this story is in Charlie Brooker's series "Black Mirror" there is an episode where a Prime Minister (not Cameron or anyone else in politics, this is fictional) has to have sex with a pig to meet demands to free a princess or something like that who has been kidnapped and this was the kidnappers demands.

Charlie Brooker has said on Twitter that he knew nothing about the story relating to David Cameron and the pig when the show was made back in 2011.

Charlie Brooker's tweet about Black Mirror turning out to be a documentary was classic Big Grin

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 21 Sep 2015

(21 Sep 2015, 4:12 pm)Jimmi Creepy thing about this story is in Charlie Brooker's series "Black Mirror" there is an episode where a Prime Minister (not Cameron or anyone else in politics, this is fictional) has to have sex with a pig to meet demands to free a princess or something like that who has been kidnapped and this was the kidnappers demands.

So I have heard.

Very spooky!

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 22 Sep 2015

Stuart Maconie rather carelessly quoting someone word for word when describing how someone would be "reprimanded". He quickly corrected himself, but it was too late! Blush

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - DanPicken - 26 Sep 2015

The front NSA screen on 4049 keeps flashing that its at South Hylton and has now stopped working.

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - NK53 TKT - 26 Sep 2015

(26 Sep 2015, 7:51 am)DanPicken The front NSA screen on 4049 keeps flashing that its at South Hylton and has now stopped working.

I laugh when you get to Seaburn going south and the screen says Airport and people don't get on even with a contradictory platform sign

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today? - MrFozz - 27 Sep 2015

Forgot to mention this other day

Was on a bus and a guy and his mrs were a few seats in front, she said something to him, when he started laughing he was grunting, I heard someone say 'I wish Babe would shut the fuck up...I wouldn't care it wasn't even funny'

I see quite amusing things a lot...

The drunk arguing with himself in Peterlee Bus Station

The time I argued with my reflecton in a mirror when I was 17/18,, such as the state I won't say what I was on, but it was something stronger than Paracetamol and much stronger than a glass of water