North East Buses
Stalking and Such V2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Stalking and Such V2 (/showthread.php?tid=1747)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Rapidsnap - 22 Jan 2017

I just often pop up in random locations.

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - EL1TE - 28 Jan 2017

Someone was taking photos on Handy Drive

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Andreos1 - 28 Jan 2017

(28 Jan 2017, 5:24 pm)EL1TE Someone was taking photos on Handy Drive

Basing it purely on the photos shared in the odd workings threads, it was Durham Bus Man.

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - S813 FVK - 28 Jan 2017

(28 Jan 2017, 5:26 pm)Andreos1 Basing it purely on the photos shared in the odd workings threads, it was Durham Bus Man.

And we must congratulate him for shaming one of the enthusiast hating drivers:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/16042610@N07/31759928133/in/feed

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Andreos1 - 28 Jan 2017

(28 Jan 2017, 5:27 pm)S813 FVK And we must congratulate him for shaming one of the enthusiast hating drivers:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/16042610@N07/31759928133/in/feed

I saw it on the forum homepage and had a chuckle.

Can't remember seeing that particular driver before to be honest, so wouldn't know if he was an enthusiast hating driver or not. 
I take it he has a reputation?

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - South Tyne Lad - 28 Jan 2017

(28 Jan 2017, 5:24 pm)EL1TE Someone was taking photos on Handy Drive

What time? I was there around 10am this morning with a few other enthusiast's.

One of the busiest veg days ive seen in a while today

Seen/been with throughout the day Omnicity4659 , Bazza Houston , Davie ( banned ) , Dan Picken ( banned ) , Jack Sparrow , Kevin Barras and co , Gary Hunter and Sam Tilson

Me and Omnicity4659 were also joined by a new spotter for a hour or two to Ushaw Moor and back from County Durham, Not going to name him incase he doesn't want to be.

Anyone noticing a A-Line Excel whoosing round the street's of Gateshead earlier will most likely have had me and Omnicty4659 on, Driven by Dan Annis and joined by Gary Hunter and Sam Tilson.

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - EL1TE - 29 Jan 2017

(28 Jan 2017, 8:01 pm)South Tyne Lad What time? I was there around 10am this morning with a few other enthusiast's.

One of the busiest veg days ive seen in a while today

Seen/been with throughout the day Omnicity4659 , Bazza Houston , Davie ( banned ) , Dan Picken ( banned ) , Jack Sparrow , Kevin Barras and co , Gary Hunter and Sam Tilson

Me and Omnicity4659 were also joined by a new spotter for a hour or two to Ushaw Moor and back from County Durham, Not going to name him incase he doesn't want to be.

Anyone noticing a A-Line Excel whoosing round the street's of Gateshead earlier will most likely have had me and Omnicty4659 on, Driven by Dan Annis and joined by Gary Hunter and Sam Tilson.

It was around noon, so it wasn't you!

It was Durham Bus Man for definite. He was the only enthusiast I saw that day (apart from who I was with.) I don't actually know a lot of enthusiasts as I have only seen about four people who are.

Stalking and Such V2 - TEN 6083 - 30 Jan 2017

Quite a few enthusiasts on Pilgrim Street in Newcastle today

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - BusLoverMum - 30 Jan 2017

(30 Jan 2017, 5:05 pm)TEN 6083 Quite a few enthusiasts on Pilgrim Street in Newcastle today

Can't have been awake yet, by the time I left Newcastle around noon because no sign, then!

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Jamie M - 30 Jan 2017

(30 Jan 2017, 10:38 pm)BusLoverMum Can't have been awake yet, by the time I left Newcastle around noon because no sign, then!
I don't really like the percy street/prodhoe place spots because you get a terrible angle and the buses come in too quick. I feel people just go there for the sakes of going there, or because their friend thinks it's a mint spot or whatever.

I prefer the stand shots from the bus station itself at night. It's a bit dull during the day on any angle. Gateshead is a good place for all conditions because you can get a good picture by stepping 3 steps into the road. You don't need millions of takes to perfect them either.

There's always an odd fella who has black curly hair who jumps at Percy Street/Newgate/Gallowgate/Blackett Street crossroads on the central reservations. That's quite a nice place, but a little too exposed for my liking.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stalking and Such V2 - TEN 6083 - 30 Jan 2017

(30 Jan 2017, 10:38 pm)BusLoverMum Can't have been awake yet, by the time I left Newcastle around noon because no sign, then!

There were when the X24 came then they quickly disappeared after getting photos, this was around 1:20. I stayed another half hour there as wanted a photo of the gas bus which was due next.

Stalking and Such V2 - Jimmi - 30 Jan 2017

I saw a few lurking around today, there seemed to be two on the X24 I got from Gateshead to Sunderland, then spotted more taking photos when I came back into Sunderland City Centre at around 14:35 after taking photos along Chester Road.

Also saw someone with a camera in Durham Bus Station at around 09:30 this morning.

Didn't bother with Newcastle to save a bit of time after waiting to get a photo of 5455: https://flic.kr/p/QpqjdN

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - BusLoverMum - 31 Jan 2017

(30 Jan 2017, 10:51 pm)Jamie M I don't really like the percy street/prodhoe place spots because you get a terrible angle and the buses come in too quick. I feel people just go there for the sakes of going there, or because their friend thinks it's a mint spot or whatever.

I prefer the stand shots from the bus station itself at night. It's a bit dull during the day on any angle. Gateshead is a good place for all conditions because you can get a good picture by stepping 3 steps into the road. You don't need millions of takes to perfect them either.

There's always an odd fella who has black curly hair who jumps at Percy Street/Newgate/Gallowgate/Blackett Street crossroads on the central reservations. That's quite a nice place, but a little too exposed for my liking.

When Big'un was super keen with his little camera, he liked to stand next to all the bins at the end of Northumberland street and got some quite good shots there (for him!) The lights were really useful because nothing was going too fast. Opposite the church on Percy street wasn't bad, but e missed quite a few shots because stuff was in the way. Nice backdrop when it works, though!

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - omnicity4659 - 04 Feb 2017

Jack McArdle has just walked past me in Eldon Square.

Kieron Matthews also passed through about 20-30 mins ago.

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Jamie M - 04 Feb 2017

(04 Feb 2017, 9:07 am)omnicity4659 Jack McArdle has just walked past me in Eldon Square.

I also passed through [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Stalking and Such V2 - S813 FVK - 04 Feb 2017

Someone with a camera on Humbleburn Lane (or whatever its called - not far along from what used to be the Charlaw Inn) who looked like they were Diamond collecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stalking and Such V2 - TEN 6083 - 04 Feb 2017

(04 Feb 2017, 9:07 am)omnicity4659 Jack McArdle has just walked past me in Eldon Square.

Was on the way to Middlesbrough for Teesside Unleashed event in Marton Country Club and have come to Sunderland on the way back to get the X24 to Newcastle to see what the Scanias are like, saw someone get off 24001 at Fawcett Street with a camera and take a photo not sure if anyone on here

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Jamie M - 04 Feb 2017

(04 Feb 2017, 2:04 pm)S813 FVK Someone with a camera on Humbleburn Lane (or whatever its called - not far along from what used to be the Charlaw Inn) who looked like they were Diamond collecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collecting the diamond collectors!

I've been taking pictures on my phone whilst cycling slowly. Next level of being subtle!

Stalking and Such V2 - Jimmi - 04 Feb 2017

Seems like everyone is out in the North East today, considering staying local next Saturday and I bet no-one is about.

I did get two enthusiasts snap me on Whippet service X3 between Cambridge and Huntingdon. Can't escape enthusiasts anywhere I go it seems

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Adrian - 04 Feb 2017

(04 Feb 2017, 2:59 pm)Jimmi Seems like everyone is out in the North East today, considering staying local next Saturday and I bet no-one is about.

I did get two enthusiasts snap me on Whippet service X3 between Cambridge and Huntingdon. Can't escape enthusiasts anywhere I go it seems

Strange. I am sure I read in the news that veg is being rationed too!