North East Buses
Stalking and Such V2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Stalking and Such V2 (/showthread.php?tid=1747)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - citaro5284 - 19 Apr 2016

(19 Apr 2016, 3:54 pm)Davie Have you been near cling on corner?

(19 Apr 2016, 4:03 pm)Jimmi Yes.

(19 Apr 2016, 4:03 pm)Davie That explains it! Tongue

Too right it does.......LOL

Come on Jimmi, thought you had more sense - LOL

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Jimmi - 19 Apr 2016

(19 Apr 2016, 4:06 pm)citaro5284 Too right it does.......LOL

Come on Jimmi, thought you had more sense - LOL

First I went to Gateshead where there was four other people getting photos, three were stood together, then there was another one at Clingon Corner with the three from Gateshead appearing as I left, then there was one in North Shields and finally one in South Shields.

Stalking and Such V2 - Jimmi - 19 Apr 2016

Oh FFS! Not another one!!!

Park Lane Interchange right now.

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - northern156 - 19 Apr 2016

(19 Apr 2016, 5:23 pm)Jimmi Oh FFS! Not another one!!!

Park Lane Interchange right now.

Don't say you're surprised...? Big Grin

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - MurdnunoC - 19 Apr 2016

(19 Apr 2016, 5:24 pm)northern156 Don't say you're surprised...? Big Grin

-LOL

(Sorry, just had to throw one in there)

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Multi21 - 27 Apr 2016

I got snapped in Sedgefield by our very own Jimmi today! I'd like to see that photo please Mr Jimmi

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Jimmi - 27 Apr 2016

(27 Apr 2016, 7:39 pm)Multi21 I got snapped in Sedgefield by our very own Jimmi today! I'd like to see that photo please  Mr Jimmi

There you go! Smile
[Image: 26614940651_2e8cd23298.jpg]Arriva North East: 1442 / NK10CFE by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Multi21 - 27 Apr 2016

Brilliant! Love it!

Stalking and Such V2 - Jimmi - 28 Apr 2016

As rally season has begun, I'm bound to be seeing some forum members in attendance, so there is something I've said before but would like to mention again:

I have some issues with social anxiety and going over and talking to people is a bit of a challenge for me, especially with people I haven't met before. Do please come over and say hi and you might get some words out of me. Those of you who saw me at the 500 Group's Teesside Running Day on Sunday may have noticed I was rather quiet, this was in no way intended. If it seems like I am going out of my way to ignore anyone, chances are it's out of nerves more than anything rather than me being ignorant which I do fear is what some are thinking I'm trying to be.

Hope to see some of you's on Sunday and any other times and places.

Matthew

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - BusLoverMum - 28 Apr 2016

(28 Apr 2016, 10:18 pm)Jimmi As rally season has begun, I'm bound to be seeing some forum members in attendance, so there is something I've said before but would like to mention again:

I have some issues with social anxiety and going over and talking to people is a bit of a challenge for me, especially with people I haven't met before. Do please come over and say hi and you might get some words out of me. Those of you who saw me at the 500 Group's Teesside Running Day on Sunday may have noticed I was rather quiet, this was in no way intended. If it seems like I am going out of my way to ignore anyone, chances are it's out of nerves more than anything rather than me being ignorant which I do fear is what some are thinking I'm trying to be.

Matthew
I'll come and say hi if I see you but can't guarantee that big'un won't run away.

Social anxiety is a bit of a pig, isn't it!

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Rapidsnap - 29 Apr 2016

Just look out for me wearing similar to what I wore at the Teesside Running day. Will be wearing the same Rainbow Dash T-Shirt (it's been washed since) under my hoody.

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - BusLoverMum - 29 Apr 2016

(29 Apr 2016, 12:13 am)GMitchelhill Just look out for me wearing similar to what I wore at the Teesside Running day. Will be wearing the same Rainbow Dash T-Shirt (it's been washed since) under my hoody.

Big'un just said that Rainbow Dash sounds a bit like a Trent Barton brand, to him Angel

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Adrian - 29 Apr 2016

(28 Apr 2016, 10:18 pm)Jimmi As rally season has begun, I'm bound to be seeing some forum members in attendance, so there is something I've said before but would like to mention again:

Matthew

If you're going bright orange again, you'll stand out a mile anyway. Wink

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - South Tyne Lad - 29 Apr 2016

I'm still debating whether to go or not, Unfortunately I'm another one affected a bit by anxiety as not one person I know ( excluding family ) knows that I'm even interested in Buses, Never mind photographing them. And no one knows I have Asperger's either, Though this shouldn't affect me.

The reason I'm anxious is that the Metrocentre is too close, And I know loads of mates who go out to the metty on some weekends, So I'm worrying incase I get spotted.

All this above also explains why I always travel distances to take photos as I know I'm not going to be spotted.

Sorry to put a dampener on everyone but I couldn't help it  Tongue

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Adrian - 29 Apr 2016

(29 Apr 2016, 8:31 pm)South Tyne Lad I'm still debating whether to go or not, Unfortunately I'm another one affected a bit by anxiety as not one person I know ( excluding family ) knows that I'm even interested in Buses, Never mind photographing them. And no one knows I have Asperger's either, Though this shouldn't affect me.

The reason I'm anxious is that the Metrocentre is too close, And I know loads of mates who go out to the metty on some weekends, So I'm worrying incase I get spotted.

All this above also explains why I always travel distances to take photos as I know I'm not going to be spotted.

With the location of the coach park is, nobody will be any the wiser. It's right out the way, and you'd even be seen by people passing in car/bus.

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Jimmi - 29 Apr 2016

(29 Apr 2016, 8:20 pm)Adrian If you're going bright orange again, you'll stand out a mile anyway. Wink
I'm gonna go more orange this year, I'm going to go looking like this guy!
[Image: 1457aafa6c3292727949476639214253.jpg]

(29 Apr 2016, 8:31 pm)South Tyne Lad I'm still debating whether to go or not, Unfortunately I'm another one affected a bit by anxiety as not one person I know ( excluding family ) knows that I'm even interested in Buses, Never mind photographing them. And no one knows I have Asperger's either, Though this shouldn't affect me.

Sorry to put a dampener on everyone but I couldn't help it

I understand about people not knowing that your intrested in the hobby as I was the same pretty much until I left college, I kept it a secret from everybody as I feared what people would make of it, admittedly at your age I only really viewed peoples photos on Fotopic. I don't know you that well so I don't know how you would be on the day but would many people you know be likely to venture towards the coach park? Also if you're spotted in any other part of the MetroCentre you could just say your shopping or heading to the cinema or wherever. Don't worry about putting a dampener on things.

Social anxiety is an arse ain't it!

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Rapidsnap - 29 Apr 2016

(29 Apr 2016, 8:19 pm)BusLoverMum Big'un just said that Rainbow Dash sounds a bit like a Trent Barton brand, to him Angel

Strangely enough Ipswich Buses run a batch of Optare Versa in a colour scheme similar to Rainbow Dash - https://flic.kr/p/jBULa9

This is the actual rainbow dash (not my artwork)
.jpg
pony0029.jpg
Size 431.46 KB / Downloads 10

(29 Apr 2016, 8:31 pm)South Tyne Lad I'm still debating whether to go or not, Unfortunately I'm another one affected a bit by anxiety as not one person I know ( excluding family ) knows that I'm even interested in Buses, Never mind photographing them. And no one knows I have Asperger's either, Though this shouldn't affect me.

Avoid the X66 (easy to do, if you go to Eldon Square, first, even on a Sunday- or even catch the train) and once you get there, it's easy enough to nip off the the coach park, over the bridge. If you get seen crossing the bridge, you need to go and meet someone you know who is coming over from elsewhere (not a lie!) or you thought it might be a good place to go look for inspiration for a present for someone you know (there'll be plenty of stalls). No one who doesn't have any interest would be in the coach park, anyhow, and the event is massive, so it's easy to mill along, fairly unnoticed.

(29 Apr 2016, 9:59 pm)GMitchelhill Strangely enough Ipswich Buses run a batch of Optare Versa in a colour scheme similar to Rainbow Dash - https://flic.kr/p/jBULa9

This is the actual rainbow dash (not my artwork)

The pony is cuter than the cheezy family on the side of the bus.

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Multi21 - 29 Apr 2016

For all your mates know you could have a family member interested in it! 

It will be a laugh, if you make it pop over to the arriva camp and say Hey!