North East Buses
Stalking and Such V2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Stalking and Such V2 (/showthread.php?tid=1747)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - NK53 TKT - 02 May 2016

(01 May 2016, 7:51 pm)Davie You should have came and said hi to me. Saying that, I don't recognize you so I'd have been quite confused. Still would have been nice to put your face to a name, (well reg plate but I think you know what I mean).

Was nice meeting Sean Harris today.

I believe you were with DanP on 7603 at about 11:30, I came aboard with my younger 9 year old brother (in a red coat) and I sat in the cab and played around with the doors, the ignition and the destination.

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Davie - 02 May 2016

(02 May 2016, 9:19 am)NK53 TKT I believe you were with DanP on 7603 at about 11:30, I came aboard with my younger 9 year old brother (in a red coat) and I sat in the cab and played around with the doors, the ignition and the destination.

That wasn't me, that may have been LeeCalder, as I was photographing the buses at that time.

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - LeeCalder - 02 May 2016

(02 May 2016, 9:19 am)NK53 TKT I believe you were with DanP on 7603 at about 11:30, I came aboard with my younger 9 year old brother (in a red coat) and I sat in the cab and played around with the doors, the ignition and the destination.

It way have been me, although I was told too keep tabs on the Stockton Pulsar, so then again it may not!

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Dan - 02 May 2016

(02 May 2016, 11:49 am)LeeCalder It way have been me, although I was told too keep tabs on the Stockton Pulsar, so then again it may not!

I didn't understand why non-employees were fronting company displays? There were plenty of Arriva North East staff present (and likewise with Go North East staff for their buses), so there shouldn't have been an instance whereby a bus on display had to be represented by an enthusiast opposed to a company employee, yet I overheard one or two enthusiasts claiming to be 'unofficially representing' the company...

I appreciate that those who brought buses to the event were there to enjoy themselves too and there would have been instances where they wouldn't have wanted to supervise the bus on display, but if that was the case, the bus should have had its doors closed with the master switch turned off, with no enthusiasts on-board.

(02 May 2016, 12:06 pm)Dan I didn't understand why non-employees were fronting company displays? There were plenty of Arriva North East staff present (and likewise with Go North East staff for their buses), so there shouldn't have been an instance whereby a bus on display had to be represented by an enthusiast opposed to a company employee, yet I overheard one or two enthusiasts claiming to be 'unofficially representing' the company...

I appreciate that those who brought buses to the event were there to enjoy themselves too and there would have been instances where they wouldn't have wanted to supervise the bus on display, but if that was the case, the bus should have had its doors closed with the master switch turned off, with no enthusiasts on-board.

There weren't any enthusiasts fronting displays, all of the people involved have all got the relevant permission off the company, and / or staff pass.

In order to bring the vehicles too the rally, we kept in contact with Doxford Park so they knew the procedure for the day.

(02 May 2016, 12:28 pm)LeeCalder There weren't any enthusiasts fronting displays, all of the people involved have all got the relevant permission off the company, and / or staff pass.

In order to bring the vehicles too the rally, we kept in contact with Doxford Park so they knew the procedure for the day.

BIB: I'm a little confused why you kept in contact with Arriva North East's Head Office, when you are not employed by Arriva? You may have a partner pass, but that doesn't mean you're on the company's payroll.

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - citaro5284 - 02 May 2016

(02 May 2016, 12:28 pm)LeeCalder There weren't any enthusiasts fronting displays, all of the people involved have all got the relevant permission off the company, and / or staff pass.

Whats a staff pass got to do with it?. Do you not mean a Partner Pass?

At which point did I mention 'I' kept in contact with head office?

Everyone who was involved, the company are aware of and authorised this.

(02 May 2016, 12:33 pm)LeeCalder At which point did I mention 'I' kept in contact with head office?

Everyone who was involved, the company are aware of and authorised this.

You stated 'we kept in contact with Doxford Park'... The use of the word 'we' suggests that you, and at least one other person, 'kept in contact with Doxford Park'.

Not disputing the legitimacy of what you're suggesting, but I do not think it is right for enthusiasts to be fronting vehicle displays at bus rallies. Partner or relation to a company employee or not.

That's your opinion, and everyone is entitled to one, so I will remain respectful of that. The tasks which none employees carried out were merely handing out leaflets early on and then answering any questions, there were a couple of times we were asked if people could have a play of the destination screens which we were fine with so have a short explanation of how too work them.

(02 May 2016, 12:42 pm)LeeCalder That's your opinion, and everyone is entitled to one, so I will remain respectful of that. The tasks which none employees carried out were merely handing out leaflets early on and then answering any questions, there were a couple of times we were asked if people could have a play of the destination screens which we were fine with so have a short explanation of how too work them.

That's absolutely great and very helpful indeed - but, going back to your original post, why did someone give you the responsibility of 'keeping tabs' on one of the Arriva buses in attendance? There should have been employees present to do that job.

Appreciate there wasn't (and hopefully it never will), but, hypothetically speaking, if there had been an accident on that bus while you were supervising it, who would be responsible? You were supervising the bus, but you're not employed by the company... The company would struggle to hold you responsible for an accident taking place, and I'm inclined to suggest that it would probably be the person who delegated you with this responsibility?

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Adrian - 02 May 2016

(02 May 2016, 12:42 pm)LeeCalder That's your opinion, and everyone is entitled to one, so I will remain respectful of that. The tasks which none employees carried out were merely handing out leaflets early on and then answering any questions, there were a couple of times we were asked if people could have a play of the destination screens which we were fine with so have a short explanation of how too work them.

My views are somewhat mixed. Whether you and others wanted to or not, the company shouldn't have given someone the authority to put yourself and others in that position in the first place. You're not suitably trained or qualified, and if someone had an accident or injury whilst on board a vehicle you're supervising, it'd be a huge risk to the company - both reputation and financial. 

On the other hand, I thought you were very accommodating and helpful to anyone that wanted to know, or at least from what I witnessed anyway. It's good to see the enthusiasm, and of course the youngsters are delighted to be shown the ins and outs of a bus cab. I do however think the lack of supervision attracts certain crowds, and unfortunately some of the other non-staff 'volunteers', weren't as helpful. Downright rude in one 'Southern' case.

This shouldn't be completely negative though. Actual employees from all companies that took part were very accommodating and friendly, as they are every year. It's good to see, and long may that continue.

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - NK53 TKT - 02 May 2016

(02 May 2016, 11:49 am)LeeCalder It way have been me, although I was told too keep tabs on the Stockton Pulsar, so then again it may not!

If you were on with DanP (I believe) and you were talking to the driver about the cab layout being similar on 7603 to streetlites it may have been you
EDIT:My dad and my brother are stood next to the bus on the right and I am in the cab in this picture:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/80614130@N06/26743372796/ 
Picture taken by Malarkey

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - northern156 - 02 May 2016

I fail to see where any opinions come in to play in this situation?
Either you were 'in charge' (for want of a better term) of the bus or you weren't. Not "I think you were in charge".

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Davie - 03 May 2016

I believe Dan was on this - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jtntYem0CMU

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - citaro5284 - 03 May 2016

(03 May 2016, 4:38 pm)Davie I believe Dan was on this - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jtntYem0CMU

I reckon you are right there Davie

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Dan - 03 May 2016

(03 May 2016, 4:38 pm)Davie I believe Dan was on this - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jtntYem0CMU

(03 May 2016, 4:41 pm)citaro5284 I reckon you are right there Davie

Haha, yes.. I did see Big Lugs recording us!

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Davie - 03 May 2016

(03 May 2016, 4:50 pm)Dan Haha, yes.. I did see Big Lugs recording us!

Looks like you've crept into one of my photo's too. - https://www.flickr.com/photos/109436376@N07/26730681816/

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Multi21 - 03 May 2016

I'd be interested to know who told you to keep tabs on the Stockton Pulsar...

RE: Stalking and Such V2 - Multi21 - 03 May 2016

(02 May 2016, 2:05 pm)NK53 TKT If you were on with DanP (I believe) and you were talking to the driver about the cab layout being similar on 7603 to streetlites it may have been you
EDIT:My dad and my brother are stood next to the bus on the right and I am in the cab in this picture:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/80614130@N06/26743372796/ 
Picture taken by Malarkey

Comparing Streetlites and Geminis what was I thinking  (Head in hands moment)