North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Kuyoyo - 19 Apr 2017

45E from Newcastle to Consett withdrawn Monday to Saturday - 47 now running until later.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 19 Apr 2017

Monday to Friday schooldays 16A departing Flint Hill at 07:34 rerouted to serve South Stanley (keeping the 16A route number though according to the timetable).

Sunday 16s will also run right through from Durham to Castleside as opposed to being split at Consett.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 19 Apr 2017

(19 Apr 2017, 8:43 am)Michael 12/12A is now the "Blaydon Racer"

M6/M7/M8 is down as "Metrocentre Mini" on the new timetable

A new brand for those Solo's then?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 19 Apr 2017

(19 Apr 2017, 8:57 am)S813 FVK Q3 will now serve Eldon Square on its way to Wallsend, as opposed to Haymarket (which it still uses when heading to Great Park)
V1 extended to serve Templetown once an hour
6A is the current 6, the new 6 looks to be heading via hobson.
The X70 seems to be an express through to gateshead/eldon from tantobie.

The routes are now just all longer, I don't think the restructuring has been handled very well.

V6/V5 are merged into V5 (V6's evening route)

On sundays..
X71 now interworks with 47, the other 47 journey clearly runs back onto itself.

I can't find any sensible option for minibus work on sunday, either.

16s are now full trips.
16A looks like it can easily line up with the metros given their hour frequency.

Would it be sensible to bring low-cost drivers to do a single route (15A)? I'm not so sure.

Previously the solos on a sunday spent a lot of time doing dead milage so I'm not surprised this is looking like its to be changed. I think we'll see the B9s come off the 47 and any work on sunday (somebody mentioned this had incorrectly already happened, but maybe kept on for the isolated 47s), and probably just 5451, 5419, 5254 (or any spare streetlites) run the X71/47.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

(19 Apr 2017, 9:08 am)Kuyoyo 45E from Newcastle to Consett withdrawn Monday to Saturday - 47 now running until later.
This is not true. There were only Eldon to Consett runs on a sunday.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - GX03 - 19 Apr 2017

(19 Apr 2017, 9:52 am)Jamie M 6A is the current 6, the new 6 looks to be heading via hobson.
The X70 seems to be an express through to gateshead/eldon from tantobie.

The routes are now just all longer, I don't think the restructuring has been handled very well.

V6/V5 are merged into V5 (V6's evening route)

On sundays..
X71 now interworks with 47, the other 47 journey clearly runs back onto itself.

I can't find any sensible option for minibus work on sunday, either.

16s are now full trips.
16A looks like it can easily line up with the metros given their hour frequency.

Would it be sensible to bring low-cost drivers to do a single route (15A)? I'm not so sure.

Previously the solos on a sunday spent a lot of time doing dead milage so I'm not surprised this is looking like its to be changed. I think we'll see the B9s come off the 47 and any work on sunday (somebody mentioned this had incorrectly already happened, but maybe kept on for the isolated 47s), and probably just 5451, 5419, 5254 (or any spare streetlites) run the X71/47.

This is not true. There were only Eldon to Consett runs on a sunday.

The other 47 will interwork with the 6!!, 6 and x30 won't interwork, Sunday's 15a will operate with big buses and also the M6, 16a & X30 will interwork, the last info was NO minibuses working on Sundays, unless the plan has changed.

(19 Apr 2017, 10:23 am)GX03 The other 47 will interwork with the 6!!, 6 and x30 won't interwork, Sunday's 15a will operate with big buses and also the M6, 16a & X30 will interwork, the last info was NO minibuses working on Sundays, unless the plan has changed.
That's the one. I didn't put together which of the mini routes was running on sunday or the X30 [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

I wonder if you'll get taken off at blackie mill or just return it. It's a long run like.

(19 Apr 2017, 10:25 am)Jamie M That's the one. I didn't put together which of the mini routes was running on sunday or the X30 [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

I wonder if you'll get taken off at blackie mill or just return it. It's a long run like.

The run will be X71-47-X71 or 6-47-6 no more change overs at blackhall mill. Domestic hours are 5hrs 30 so there's plenty of time for delays.

(19 Apr 2017, 10:32 am)GX03 The run will be X71-47-X71 or 6-47-6 no more change overs at blackhall mill. Domestic hours are 5hrs 30 so there's plenty of time for delays.
It's like the 78As at night-time all over again. Wonder if there is going to be a run out where it's 6/47/47/6-break-6/47/47/6 finished. Couldn't ask for a much easier day, although I doubt you'd find yourself ever coming close to it [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

(19 Apr 2017, 10:36 am)Jamie M It's like the 78As at night-time all over again. Wonder if there is going to be a run out where it's 6/47/47/6-break-6/47/47/6 finished. Couldn't ask for a much easier day, although I doubt you'd find yourself ever coming close to it [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

No I'd suggest the evening timetable for the 6 & 47s will standalone.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 19 Apr 2017

(19 Apr 2017, 8:28 am)Michael Looks like timetables are going on the site now, only the 6A timetable is on so far though.

Edit: Other timetables look to be online now.

Got a email with all the changes:

http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/service-changes-from-21-may-2017-236219

I imagine we will find out next week, but does anybody have any idea what the changes to the St Bede's scholars are? Registrations were put in but no announcement or new timetable has been uploaded.

(19 Apr 2017, 8:57 am)S813 FVK Q3 will now serve Eldon Square on its way to Wallsend, as opposed to Haymarket (which it still uses when heading to Great Park)

Another change to the Q3 is the 8:34 from Great Park (the one allocated a Green Arrow Solar) being revised to terminate at Eldon Square as opposed to the Law Courts.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - jimmoc - 19 Apr 2017

(19 Apr 2017, 10:56 am)Michael Got a email with all the changes:

http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/service-changes-from-21-may-2017-236219

Will consett bus station have timetablesome their or will I have to go to Stanley

(19 Apr 2017, 5:32 pm)jimmoc Will consett bus station have timetablesome their or will I have to go to Stanley
Printed timetables come sometime after. Don't be expecting them too soon.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Greg in Weardale - 19 Apr 2017

I think this is the best and most logical set of service changes GNE have had for a long time. The new structure of services seems OK at first glance and the branding is good - 12 to Blaydon Racers (and I like the livery .... with one obvious exception, guess what!) and 6/X70/X71 joining X30/X31 in Toonlink is positive. Tyne Valley Ten is better than just boring old Ten. The M6 etc seems an improved service as well. Just a pity that the 15 can't be included in a brand - add it to Durham Diamond? Just need the 49 to get a sensible brand name and livery now.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - peter - 19 Apr 2017

(19 Apr 2017, 6:33 pm)Greg in Weardale I think this is the best and most logical set of service changes GNE have had for a long time. The new structure of services seems OK at first glance and the branding is good - 12 to Blaydon Racers (and I like the livery .... with one obvious exception, guess what!) and 6/X70/X71 joining X30/X31 in Toonlink is positive. Tyne Valley Ten is better than just boring old Ten. The M6 etc seems an improved service as well. Just a pity that the 15 can't be included in a brand - add it to Durham Diamond? Just need the 49 to get a sensible brand name and livery now.

I do think that "The 49" is a strange brand, given it is just sub-branding on the standard livery. You would think given the frequency and the fact that it can warrant brand new buses that it would be in line for something a bit stronger. Unless a number of other services go the same way and receive similar sub-branding on the standard livery, it will stick out as odd in my opinion.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BJ10VUS - 19 Apr 2017

(19 Apr 2017, 7:48 pm)peter I do think that "The 49" is a strange brand, given it is just sub-branding on the standard livery. You would think given the frequency and the fact that it can warrant brand new buses that it would be in line for something a bit stronger. Unless a number of other services go the same way and receive similar sub-branding on the standard livery, it will stick out as odd in my opinion.

I suppose with brands like "Angel", "Quaylink" and "Castles Express" being based around landmarks and places, maybe the 49 could be the "Dunston Rocket"?

(19 Apr 2017, 9:03 pm)BJ10VUS I suppose with brands like "Angel", Quaylink" and "Castles Express" being based around landmarks and places, maybe the 49 could be the "Dunston Rocket"?
This would work... if the dunston rocket still existed [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 19 Apr 2017

(19 Apr 2017, 6:33 pm)Greg in Weardale I think this is the best and most logical set of service changes GNE have had for a long time. The new structure of services seems OK at first glance and the branding is good - 12 to Blaydon Racers (and I like the livery .... with one obvious exception, guess what!) and 6/X70/X71 joining X30/X31 in Toonlink is positive. Tyne Valley Ten is better than just boring old Ten. The M6 etc seems an improved service as well. Just a pity that the 15 can't be included in a brand - add it to Durham Diamond? Just need the 49 to get a sensible brand name and livery now.

I was on a 50 branded Omni last week. Couldn't see a thing out of the window - apart from when I cranked my neck to an angle and peeked through a small gap in the vinyl. It must be noted that this small gap, was on the window in front of me.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - L469 YVK - 19 Apr 2017

(19 Apr 2017, 9:03 pm)BJ10VUS I suppose with brands like "Angel", "Quaylink" and "Castles Express" being based around landmarks and places, maybe the 49 could be the "Dunston Rocket"?

WOW!

Even though it doesn't exist, that is actually an excellent idea to represent the history of the area! Should send that to GNE