North East Buses
North East to North West transfer - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: North East to North West transfer (/showthread.php?tid=1906)

North East to North West transfer - Tamesider - 28 Nov 2016

Not looking for libelous answers, and talking purely professionally; Its just been announced that First Manchester are getting a new MD in the New Year. Its Phil Medlicott who used to be at SGNE. Can anyone shed any light on what he might change in terms of policy?

RE: North East to North West transfer - Andreos1 - 28 Nov 2016

(28 Nov 2016, 10:15 pm)Tamesider Not looking for libelous answers, and talking purely professionally; Its just been announced that First Manchester are getting a new MD in the New Year. Its Phil Medlicott who used to be at SGNE. Can anyone shed any light on what he might change in terms of policy?

There was discussion in the SNE thread about his private number plate and thats as animated as that thread got! Sums up the network, pretty stable and unspectacular. It does the job and passengers of SNE don't see the regular network changes seen or branding exercises carried out elsewhere in the region.

That's not to say it will be repeated.

RE: North East to North West transfer - MurdnunoC - 29 Nov 2016

I was hoping this thread would highlight some of the most notable North East to North West transfers like Peter Beardsley from Newcastle to Liverpool; Jordan Henderson from Sunderland to Liverpool; or Andy Cole from Newcastle to Man Utd......

RE: North East to North West transfer - LVK 404L - 29 Nov 2016

(29 Nov 2016, 11:03 am)MurdnunoC I was hoping this thread would highlight some of the most notable North East to North West transfers like Peter Beardsley from Newcastle to Liverpool; Jordan Henderson from Sunderland to Liverpool; or Andy Cole from Newcastle to Man Utd......

And that would be of interest because????

RE: North East to North West transfer - Tamesider - 29 Nov 2016

(28 Nov 2016, 10:34 pm)Andreos1 There was discussion in the SNE thread about his private number plate and thats as animated as that thread got! Sums up the network, pretty stable and unspectacular. It does the job and passengers of SNE don't see the regular network changes seen or branding exercises carried out elsewhere in the region.

That's not to say it will be repeated.

It'll be interesting to see if he stamps his mark, because First Manchester (and increasingly, Stagecoach M'cr) are constantly changing times and cutting suburban services.

Must say, though, I always think private number plates are a bad sign. I don't know about elsewhere, but in GM a very high proportion of bus stop blocking and other traffic misdemenours and offences involve vehicles with "cherished" marks. I think it indicates both a personal arrogance and spells out the message; I've paid £x.000 for this plate, I don't give a s**t about £50 fines.

RE: North East to North West transfer - northern156 - 30 Nov 2016

(29 Nov 2016, 3:22 pm)ifm001 And that would be of interest because????

Because it was a joke Big Grin