North East Buses
Weather - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Weather (/showthread.php?tid=748)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Weather - BusLoverMum - 05 Jan 2016

The 24 has had to divert via Thornley. It's bad out there.

Waiting for big'un's taxi and hoping it arrives before the gap on the rain passed over as I have to walk little'un to school!

RE: Weather - Davie - 05 Jan 2016

The bottom of my street is flooded.

(05 Jan 2016, 9:53 am)Davie The bottom of my street is flooded.

It's a bit bumpy around your way.

Thankfully, our drains were all sluiced, yesterday, so I didn't have to do quite as much wading as I sometimes do. If our village did flood, I'd probably convert from atheism and say my prayers, since we're 500' above sea level, but the roads turn into rivers, when it's lie this and the drains further down the bank always flood.

There's an official list of flooded roads in Co durham, but knowing the area, and after seeing the 24 in completely the wrong place, I know it'll not be exhaustive. No word on Twitter about what either the 22 or 24 are doing, as part of the 22's route is impassible.
https://www.durham.police.uk/news-and-events/Pages/News%20Articles/Road-updates.aspx

The following roads are currently either closed or difficult to pass due to standing water:

A181 Sherburn House (This is the road under the old railway bridge on the 22's route - the water gets quite deep and a car got stuck in it, earlier)
A691 Consett – Lanchester
A19 Peterlee area
A68 Allensford – CLOSED
New Front Street, Tanfield Lea – CLOSED
Front Road, Leadgate – CLOSED
A694 Shotley Bridge
B6312 Plawsworth
B6532 Pity Me - Sacriston

Edit - this one will be why the 24 is diverted, too
DurhamCountyCouncil@DurhamCouncil 42m42 minutes ago

1/2 #traveltuesday the following are closed due to #floods - A181, Sherburn House - Durham Road, Haswell Plough.

And, apparently part of the A179 in Hartlepool is blocked by flooding.

The Chronicle's updates. Looks like Morpeth's breathing a sigh of relief, this morning
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/local-news/north-east-news-live-homes-10682958

RE: Weather - BusLoverMum - 07 Jan 2016

Nice day for a paddle, again. My bathroom now boasts a window with integrated shower. All the mod cons, we have Dodgy 

Littl'un actually agreed to wear waterproofs and I actually didn't get kicked, putting them on him. (Those poor people who have been waiting for the just arrived almost 20 minutes late 22 didn't think to wear any, mind. I bet that's one damp bus, inside.)

I actually need to go into town, today, but it can wait until later. It's supposed to ease off, around lunchtime.

Doesn't appear to be as much flooding today, but lots of accidents. Chester road in Sunderland has been closed after an accident involving a car and a bike.

RE: Weather - tyresmoke - 07 Jan 2016

Turning much colder next week, standby for more chaos...

RE: Weather - Jimmi - 07 Jan 2016

(07 Jan 2016, 10:32 am)tyresmoke Turning much colder next week, standby for more chaos...
Think we're due some more snow in the coming weeks, or at least that's what the Accuweather app is saying on my phone.

RE: Weather - BusLoverMum - 07 Jan 2016

(07 Jan 2016, 10:52 am)Jimmi Think we're due some more snow in the coming weeks, or at least that's what the Accuweather app is saying on my phone.

There's a snow and ice warning for Cumbria and Norn Iron, tonight. Metoffice has been alternating between snow and more rain for us, from tomorrow. It's currently stuck on rain, though that'll probably turn out to be thw wrong answer, up here.

RE: Weather - tyresmoke - 07 Jan 2016

(07 Jan 2016, 10:52 am)Jimmi Think we're due some more snow in the coming weeks, or at least that's what the Accuweather app is saying on my phone.

Yup not so much this weekend but certainly from Monday onwards, significant risk of a number of days of snow. Next weekend potentially seeing heavy snowfall.

RE: Weather - Davie - 14 Jan 2016

According to my phone, there's a 72% chance of snow today....

RE: Weather - BusLoverMum - 14 Jan 2016

My phone keeps helpfully telling me that it's snowing. I've only walked about 3 miles in it, today.

Big'un's having to come home from school again, as his taxi hasn't managed to get home again after taking him in.

We've finally started getting the odd bus through the village. The first 58 I've seen all morning has passed and a 22 got through half an hour ago, so it must be getting a little better, out there.

RE: Weather - Michael - 29 Jan 2016

Windy outside, make sure ya hang on to something! Wink

RE: Weather - DanPicken - 29 Jan 2016

(29 Jan 2016, 7:39 am)Michael Windy outside, make sure ya hang on to something! Wink

Worse for me because of my ankle.

RE: Weather - Michael - 29 Jan 2016

(29 Jan 2016, 7:59 am)DanPicken Worse for me because of my ankle.

Undecided, oh dear

On the bus crossing the bridge and we were just swervin all over, the bus driver was only doing about 10mph....

I got blew down to my location.

RE: Weather - BusLoverMum - 29 Jan 2016

(29 Jan 2016, 7:39 am)Michael Windy outside, make sure ya hang on to something! Wink

My 1km westbound, uphill walk after taking littl'un to school was somewhat challenging, this morning. Itook the side of the road with fewer trees, but unfortunately, there's a junction that always funnels the wind on that side. It was all I could do to stay upright and the rain was quite painful.

This was rather pretty, though. Shame I couldn't get a better shot  - was impossible to hold my phone still. I pointed it out to littl'un:
Me: Look at that rainbow! Red, orange, yellow...
Littl'un: BROWN!

.jpg
gertruderainbow.jpg
Size 596.26 KB / Downloads 10

There's trees down in Darlo and Ferryhill and on the great North Road - I expect the last one is going to cause havoc with bus services.

And husband avoided the A19 to work - ended up stuck near the Trimdons while police cleared horses from the road!

(29 Jan 2016, 7:59 am)DanPicken Worse for me because of my ankle.

You need wings.
.jpg
crutches.jpg
Size 110.63 KB / Downloads 12

RE: Weather - omnicity4659 - 29 Jan 2016

Bloody hate the wind, baby sister nearly got blown into the road and I had to calm my mam down. I think she'll be organising for the school to drop my brother off later on.

RE: Weather - Jimmi - 29 Jan 2016

(29 Jan 2016, 10:22 am)BusLoverMum There's trees down in Darlo and Ferryhill and on the great North Road - I expect the last one is going to cause havoc with bus services.

And husband avoided the A19 to work - ended up stuck near the Trimdons while police cleared horses from the road!

Oh joy, not looking forward to having an Enviro 400 on the 7 later.

Not looking forward to tomorrow's weather either, with the possibility of snow, which is worrying me me slightly for my trip to Newcastle plus the bus tour.

(29 Jan 2016, 11:01 am)Jimmi Oh joy, not looking forward to having an Enviro 400 on the 7 later.

Not looking forward to tomorrow's weather either, with the possibility of snow, which is worrying me me slightly for my trip to Newcastle plus the bus tour.

Yep, we'll avoid going west, tomorrow.

Some of the people around Ferryhill need to give their heads a wobble.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=583836768488066

"The driver and her passenger were trapped in the car and calling for help. Apparently a number of people decided to film or take photos on their mobile phones rather than offering assistance, and that is disappointing to hear,"