Menu

Pages (21)    119 20 21   
BusLoverMum   07 May 2017, 3:07 pm
(07 May 2017, 10:43 am)Michael wrote Nice, how many candies have you got?

I've added 2 more new Pokemon to the Pokedex yesterday in Durham:

Dunsparce
Chikorita

You only ever need one dunsparce! They were at a nearby frequent spawn point, last week. I didn't go out of my way to catch more than the one it took to ascertain that they were spawning at the right spot. It's scyther, this time!

Have well over 100 totodile candy, now, but still no truly impressive totodile to use it on.

I might go back to buddying cynquadil in a day or two, as we caught a few in ropner park, yesterday.
Michael   07 May 2017, 3:30 pm
(07 May 2017, 3:07 pm)BusLoverMum wrote You only ever need one dunsparce! They were at a nearby frequent spawn point, last week. I didn't go out of my way to catch more than the one it took to ascertain that they were spawning at the right spot. It's scyther, this time!

Have well over 100 totodile candy, now, but still no truly impressive totodile to use it on.

I might go back to buddying cynquadil in a day or two, as we caught a few in ropner park, yesterday.

Nice, i'm struggling to find gen 2 starters, I've evolved my Totodile and Cyndaquil so far, even if they aren't very good, i just want to complete my Pokedex haha.

Still struggling to find Charmander's for a Charizard... only gen 2 Pokemon i need. (expect for region etc)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   08 May 2017, 8:18 am
(07 May 2017, 3:30 pm)Michael wrote Nice, i'm struggling to find gen 2 starters, I've evolved my Totodile and Cyndaquil so far, even if they aren't very good, i just want to complete my Pokedex haha.

Still struggling to find Charmander's for a Charizard... only gen 2 Pokemon i need. (expect for region etc)

The park in spenny is a charmander nest, this time around, but I'm not sure how good a nest it is. We've been basing our Saturday outings on useful nests, lately, which has helped with evolvables.
Michael   08 May 2017, 8:26 am
(08 May 2017, 8:18 am)BusLoverMum wrote The park in spenny is a charmander nest, this time around, but I'm not sure how good a nest it is. We've been basing our Saturday outings on useful nests, lately, which has helped with evolvables.

Far away for me, only time i could go is on a Sunday. I'm hoping the next nest change Charmander's appear at Barnes Park.

I still need to go to Herrington Park for a Girafarig, as its currently a nest.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   08 May 2017, 10:20 am
Just hatched a Chansey, hatched 2, which gave me 49 Candies, luckily i had 2 chansey's so transferd one and got a Blissey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   09 May 2017, 10:03 am
Event still going strong!
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20170509-110249.png (Size 622.87 KB Downloads 6)
Michael   14 May 2017, 8:31 am
Went to Herrington Park last night and got a Girafarig

Finally got a decent Poliwag to evolve in to Poliwhirl for a Politoed

Need 4 more Oddish Candies to evolve my Gloom in to a Bellossom 

Need 6 more Candies to evolve my Togepi (currently my buddy)

Hatched a Mareep yesterday, currently on 44 candies......

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   18 May 2017, 6:10 pm
New event starting tonight at 9pm UK time:

Rock type event:

We’d love to honor the memories created so far, and our collective journey yet to come, with the Pokémon GO Adventure Week celebration from 1:00 P.M. PDT on May 18 to 1:00 P.M. PDT on May 25, 2017.

To help you stock up for your upcoming adventure, more items will be awarded from every PokéStop you visit, and Poké Balls will be 50% off in the in-game shop. Your Buddy Pokémon is also in the adventuring spirit and will find Candies four times as fast for the duration of the celebration. Whether you’re exploring your neighborhood or an exotic new location, make sure to watch for Rock-type Pokémon such as Omanyte, Kabuto, and their Evolutions. Keep an eye out—maybe you’ll even spot Aerodactyl!

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/adventureweek2017

Next event should be a fire event!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   04 Jun 2017, 3:03 pm
Anyone still playing?, i haven't played it for a while.....

I spotted this on Facebook though.... i need more fire types!

Not confirmed though.
Attached Files

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   04 Jun 2017, 3:06 pm
(04 Jun 2017, 3:03 pm)Michael wrote Anyone still playing?, i haven't played it for a while.....

Not confirmed though.

I tend to just play during the events nowadays. Might consider playing it more once we finally get PVP battles and trading.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Michael   04 Jun 2017, 3:20 pm
(04 Jun 2017, 3:06 pm)Adrian wrote I tend to just play during the events nowadays. Might consider playing it more once we finally get PVP battles and trading.

Same as me, might wait a while for those Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   04 Jun 2017, 5:44 pm
(04 Jun 2017, 3:03 pm)Michael wrote Anyone still playing?, i haven't played it for a while.....

Not confirmed though.

Yep. I've been hoping for a fire and ice event for a while. I can change my buddy from my quilava, I think.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   08 Jun 2017, 11:59 am
Celebrating the First Anniversary of Pokémon GO!

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/anniversary2017

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   08 Jun 2017, 1:30 pm
(08 Jun 2017, 11:59 am)Michael wrote Celebrating the First Anniversary of Pokémon GO!

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/anniversary2017

So just the solstice event of any use to us, then!

Big'un will be lost without gyms to battle.
Michael   12 Jun 2017, 7:23 pm
Pokemon Go developer Niantic will launch the Fire and Ice event in time for the E3 2017 gaming expo.

The Pokemon Go Fire-type and Ice-type event start date and time have been revealed, and there's not long to wait.

The summer Solstice event has a June 13 start date and a 9pm UK start time. That's 1pm PT on June 13 if you live in North America.

In terms of the end date, Niantic's latest event runs until 9pm UK time on June 20.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   12 Jun 2017, 9:14 pm
(12 Jun 2017, 7:23 pm)Michael wrote Pokemon Go developer Niantic will launch the Fire and Ice event in time for the E3 2017 gaming expo.

The Pokemon Go Fire-type and Ice-type event start date and time have been revealed, and there's not long to wait.

The summer Solstice event has a June 13 start date and a 9pm UK start time. That's 1pm PT on June 13 if you live in North America.

In terms of the end date, Niantic's latest event runs until 9pm UK time on June 20.

That's a very Northern Hemisphere biased announcement - the whole purpose of the fire and ice theme is the solstice both in the Northern and Southern hemispheres being the opposite way around!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   19 Jun 2017, 6:40 pm
It's starting
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20170619-191206.png (Size 1.11 MB Downloads 33)
Michael   19 Jun 2017, 6:46 pm
(19 Jun 2017, 6:40 pm)BusLoverMum wrote It's starting

Gym's gone next to mine too, hopefully its a decent update.

Caught 2 new Pokemon during the event...

Houndour
Houndoom

Charmader's are quite rare... only caught 2, still need 20 candies for a Charizard.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   19 Jun 2017, 9:17 pm
(19 Jun 2017, 6:46 pm)Michael wrote Gym's gone next to mine too, hopefully its a decent update.

Caught 2 new Pokemon during the event...

Houndour
Houndoom

Charmader's are quite rare... only caught 2, still need 20 candies for a Charizard.

Have caught so many charmander aorund the village that I have enough candy for a second charizard!

The spawns have changed again with the server update that's closing the gyms. We have our spawn point across the road back Big Grin also noticed a new one on the school run.

They must be phasing in the gym closures because my Dragonite is still down in York! My Blissey did guard York Minster for a day, but got kicked out, so I popped it into the one in my screenshot, after visiting the Howlands Rally, yesterday, but I had it handed back to me, broken, late last night.
Michael   20 Jun 2017, 6:46 pm
Raid Battles and New Gym Features are Coming!

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/raids

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   25 Jun 2017, 8:21 pm
(20 Jun 2017, 6:46 pm)Michael wrote Raid Battles and New Gym Features are Coming!

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/raids

Bit more on Raid Battles here - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-0...wards-4819

They're currently open for Level 25 and above, and I tried my first this evening at Concord. I didn't want to venture too far, so unfortunately the boss was only an Electrabuzz. There was two of us who turned up for it, and we took it down with ease really. Three Rhydons done the trick for me! 

Overall, I think it looks to be quite a good feature, but clearly you need to hope loads of players turn up, if you get something like a Tyranitar as the raid boss.

Michael   25 Jun 2017, 8:33 pm
(25 Jun 2017, 8:21 pm)Adrian wrote Bit more on Raid Battles here - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-0...wards-4819

They're currently open for Level 25 and above, and I tried my first this evening at Concord. I didn't want to venture too far, so unfortunately the boss was only an Electrabuzz. There was two of us who turned up for it, and we took it down with ease really. Three Rhydons done the trick for me! 

Overall, I think it looks to be quite a good feature, but clearly you need to hope loads of players turn up, if you get something like a Tyranitar as the raid boss.

Ye, best Pokemon I've seen is a Exeggutor, and with the rumours going around, a level 5 raid will contain legendary Pokenon.... It's all good.

That means there's going to be a few new
Pokemon.

Gen 1:

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

Gen 2:

Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-Ho
Celebi

Others:

Mewtwo
Mew

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   25 Jun 2017, 9:35 pm
That sounds about right, given what has been in level 4.

I should note that the GymHuntr website has been changed, and will now display any gyms with a Raid ongoing or pending. https://gymhuntr.com/

Michael   25 Jun 2017, 9:42 pm
(25 Jun 2017, 9:35 pm)Adrian wrote That sounds about right, given what has been in level 4.

I should note that the GymHuntr website has been changed, and will now display any gyms with a Raid ongoing or pending. https://gymhuntr.com/

Oh that's great, thanks, it'll definitely help.

Did anyone ever get a scanner working for the Pokemon?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   25 Jun 2017, 9:55 pm
(25 Jun 2017, 9:42 pm)Michael wrote Oh that's great, thanks, it'll definitely help.

Did anyone ever get a scanner working for the Pokemon?

PokeHuntr works - https://pokehuntr.com/. You sometimes have to scan two or three times though.

Michael   25 Jun 2017, 10:37 pm
(25 Jun 2017, 9:55 pm)Adrian wrote PokeHuntr works - https://pokehuntr.com/. You sometimes have to scan two or three times though.

Oh cool, thanks Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   02 Jul 2017, 11:00 am
Put my Gyarados in a random gym on the way down to the lakes yesterday and its still there.

Haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   02 Jul 2017, 11:27 am
(02 Jul 2017, 11:00 am)Michael wrote Put my Gyarados in a random gym on the way down to the lakes yesterday and its still there.

Haha

A gym?

https://youtu.be/PGLzm-Gy0dQ

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   02 Jul 2017, 5:00 pm
Gone past a day now.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20170702-175934.png (Size 402.42 KB Downloads 9)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   02 Jul 2017, 5:40 pm
Six of us took a Lapras 4* raid earlier, at the Durham DLI site. The raid battles are good fun, but you do need the numbers for 3* and 4* raids.

Pages (21)    119 20 21