Menu

Pages (14)    112 13 14   
Jordan2104   24 Sep 2017, 7:43 pm
(24 Sep 2017, 7:19 pm).Rapidsnap wrote I was rather hoping they would order some MetroDeckers.

Also is there any details for the location of the Park and Ride for the Golf Masters event at Close House near Heddon on the Wall next weekend.

Only details i found is the service that gne are doing
http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/s...use-256819
Kuyoyo   24 Sep 2017, 7:51 pm
(24 Sep 2017, 7:38 pm)L469 YVK wrote What I mean is that with the Angel being mostly a 'hop on hop off' service and if it was to get new 17x new Streetdecks, would it  not make more sense to order 4x Streetdecks on top of this for the 45/46/47 then do the following with the 4x Red Kite B9TLS:

- 6118/19/20 to Chester Le Street as spares for the Angel
- 6121 to Crook as spare for the Castles Express

The only thing that would perhaps need to be fitted on these would be next stop announcements and they'd be good to go. Plus, bearing in mind that whilst the spares would only be sent out if there was a shortage of Steetdecks on the Angel, 4x Streetdecks on the 45/46/47 plus any other misc workings including Sundays would be out and about more often; saving GNE fuel costs as well as allowing GNE to claim more enhanced BSOG payments too plus passengers on the decker boards would benefit from the same features that the Streetlites have incuding NSA's, E-Leather Seating and Plug Sockets. Plus Chester Le Street would benefit from 3x spare vehicles instead of 2x which can come in quite handy at times.

Additionally not forgetting that 6118-21 came as dealer stock and with less mileage under their belts, GNE could easily sell them for more money should they ever become surplus to requirements.

If they is new stock on order for the 21, it will be 17 branded deckers PLUS 2 examples in corporate livery as spares for the 21 - as they do with every other service with that high of a PVR.
busmanT   24 Sep 2017, 8:17 pm
(24 Sep 2017, 7:51 pm)Kuyoyo wrote If they is new stock on order for the 21, it will be 17 branded deckers PLUS 2 examples in corporate livery as spares for the 21 - as they do with every other service with that high of a PVR.

With double deck buses costing £230,000 each surely no operator can afford to order them just to "tidy up" their allocation.

If new buses are coming for the Angel, there will surely be 19 (17 PVR plus 2 spares) anyway based on recent orders - 19 new double decks will cost £4,370,000.

With the new X9 X0 buses having cost £1,600,000, and 5 National Express coaches £1,500,000, that would be £7,470,000 spent by Go North East on new vehicles in one year - on top of the refurbishment of 28 Citaro.
L469 YVK   24 Sep 2017, 8:24 pm
(24 Sep 2017, 8:17 pm)busmanT wrote With double deck buses costing £230,000 each surely no operator can afford to order them just to "tidy up" their allocation.

If new buses are coming for the Angel, there will surely be 19 (17 PVR plus 2 spares) anyway based on recent orders - 19 new double decks will cost £4,370,000.

With the new X9 X0 buses having cost £1,600,000, and 5 National Express coaches £1,500,000, that would be £7,470,000 spent by Go North East on new vehicles in one year - on top of the refurbishment of 28 Citaro.

I'm not for or against what GNE order, GNE make that decision and it's just more of a discussion, not a prediction or anything like that (no Red Arrows V2 Big Grin )!

The question I'm asking is would GNE gain some long term efficiency (either at the same or slightly higher cost) ordering 4x additional Streetdecks on top of the 17x (saving fuel, extra enhanced BSOG mileage, better resale value of ex dealer stock vehicles, better passenger satisfaction) and cascading 6118-21 to spare roles at Chester Le Street / Crook or would it be a complete pie in the sky thing?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
GuyParkRoyal   25 Sep 2017, 11:12 am
(23 Sep 2017, 10:07 am)Michael wrote SK65 PWV has returned on loan to Go North East, it will be on loan to Chester-Le-Street so a double decker can move to Crook as a temporary replacement for 6304 while it's off the road:

http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/it...peratorF=2&fleetnoF=9101

Only 25 Citaro's to go for refurbishment... seems the ending is in sight....

SK65 PWV (9101) is in service at Chester le Street on the Shuttle Service for the Pelton Lane road closure.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98641142@N08/36636373743/
Malarkey   25 Sep 2017, 5:09 pm
(24 Sep 2017, 8:17 pm)busmanT wrote With double deck buses costing £230,000 each surely no operator can afford to order them just to "tidy up" their allocation.

Just out of curiosity how much did Go North East pay in total for the 29 Omnidekkas from Brighton?
G-CPTN   25 Sep 2017, 7:13 pm
i rode one of the refurbished Citaros today on the X84.
The driver seemed 'afraid' of it - whether he didn't want to be the first to mar the fresh paintwork or he was simply unfamiliar with the Mercedes, but it seemed as if the engine was 'throttled' - it never really got on song and the gearbox hunted down and back (even on the A69).
Michael   25 Sep 2017, 7:24 pm

How much does Go North East normally spend on new buses?

I still think the Angel will get new buses and that'll be it for this year... For the time being.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   25 Sep 2017, 7:36 pm
Appreciate it isn't 'latest' news or owt like that... But...
I was following a 36 branded Versa earlier. Whether it was the light or something else, I'm not sure - it appeared that the rear blind has been swapped at some point. It looked like a fix had been applied to the offside and a blind had been covered up.

Have I missed something, or has the blind moved to the nearside on this or even all Versas of that batch?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Dans_bus_photos   25 Sep 2017, 7:42 pm
(25 Sep 2017, 7:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote Appreciate it isn't 'latest' news or owt like that... But...
I was following a 36 branded Versa earlier. Whether it was the light or something else, I'm not sure - it appeared that the rear blind has been swapped at some point. It looked like a fix had been applied to the offside and a blind had been covered up.

Have I missed something, or has the blind moved to the nearside on this or even all Versas of that batch?

Is it not because the back window has been replaced with presumably the glass that is meant for the older Versa's as their number plate are located there?

(25 Sep 2017, 7:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote Appreciate it isn't 'latest' news or owt like that... But...

Is it not because the back window has been replaced with presumably the glass that is meant for the older Versa's as their number plate are located there?
Jamie M   25 Sep 2017, 8:01 pm
I noticed this before also, I agree with Dan's theory.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Andreos1   25 Sep 2017, 8:45 pm
(25 Sep 2017, 7:42 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote Is it not because the back window has been replaced with presumably the glass that is meant for the older Versa's as their number plate are located there?

Possibly. Never thought of the reg plate.

It looks the exact same size as the blind, hence the initial thoughts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rapidsnap   26 Sep 2017, 12:18 am
(25 Sep 2017, 8:45 pm)Andreos1 wrote Possibly. Never thought of the reg plate.

It looks the exact same size as the blind, hence the initial thoughts.

Showing the rear end styling on the first batch of Versas with the reg plate in top offside corner.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...663942161/

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Andreos1   26 Sep 2017, 7:29 am
(26 Sep 2017, 12:18 am)Rapidsnap wrote Showing the rear end styling on the first batch of Versas with the reg plate in top offside corner.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...663942161/

Think that confirms it. Cheers.

Interesting to note the fare increases on that service over the last 7 years. Particularly when you compare it to others.
That's for a whole different thread though Wink

Dan   26 Sep 2017, 2:52 pm
The last new bus for X9/X10, 6314, was delivered today.

Delivery driver then took 6008 away to Ensign.
S830OFT   26 Sep 2017, 3:25 pm
What route at Hexham is MPD 618 allocated to?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
eezypeazy   26 Sep 2017, 3:29 pm
(26 Sep 2017, 3:25 pm)S830OFT wrote What route at Hexham is MPD 618 allocated to?

It usually does the 'Shire scholars am and pm and Allenheads/Allendale in between.

The rumour is that 618 and 619 were to be withdrawn this coming weekend, with 635 and 636 taking over their duties. However, there's work starting on Chollerford Bridge in October, and one of the two MPDs is believed to be being retained for a shuttle service.
TEN 6083   26 Sep 2017, 3:31 pm
Anyone know which depot operates service 90 between Team Valley and Winlaton as yesterday I saw a Tynedale Links (618) and a MetroCentre Mini (didn’t get fleetnumber) were on them

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
Dan   26 Sep 2017, 3:37 pm
(26 Sep 2017, 3:29 pm)eezypeazy wrote It usually does the 'Shire scholars am and pm and Allenheads/Allendale in between.

The rumour is that 618 and 619 were to be withdrawn this coming weekend, with 635 and 636 taking over their duties. However, there's work starting on Chollerford Bridge in October, and one of the two MPDs is believed to be being retained for a shuttle service.

As things stand at the moment, it should be one of the Hadrian's Wall buses on the 680S service.
JP6004   26 Sep 2017, 5:16 pm
(26 Sep 2017, 3:37 pm)Dan wrote As things stand at the moment, it should be one of the Hadrian's Wall buses on the 680S service.

Will 559 be withdrawn anytime soon?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
thetravelman   26 Sep 2017, 7:28 pm
(26 Sep 2017, 3:29 pm)eezypeazy wrote It usually does the 'Shire scholars am and pm and Allenheads/Allendale in between.

Will Hexham receive 2 extra Solos / other minibus, ready for the spring when 635 & 636 will be required for Hadrian Wall services again? 

Also how is the trial going on the X81/681/185 services using the Mercedes Sprinter City 45 Demo (9095)
Would one of these vehicles be a likely candidate for a future purchase for these routes, based on its size and seating capacity and I expect probably much better fuel economy over a Solo?
Rapidsnap   26 Sep 2017, 9:46 pm
(26 Sep 2017, 7:28 pm)thetravelman wrote Will Hexham receive 2 extra Solos / other minibus, ready for the spring when 635 & 636 will be required for Hadrian Wall services again? 

Also how is the trial going on the X81/681/185 services using the Mercedes Sprinter City 45 Demo (9095)
Would one of these vehicles be a likely candidate for a future purchase for these routes, based on its size and seating capacity and I expect probably much better fuel economy over a Solo?

I never realised that 9095 is still with us and has gone west, think I shall hunt it down on Friday

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Dan   27 Sep 2017, 5:06 am
(26 Sep 2017, 7:28 pm)thetravelman wrote Will Hexham receive 2 extra Solos / other minibus, ready for the spring when 635 & 636 will be required for Hadrian Wall services again? 

The trouble with the Mercedes Sprinters is that, because they have such a small capacity, they are unsuitable for 95% of the services which Go North East operates. The 5% of the services they could be allocated to are fine, but as all of these are contracted services, what happens with the bus at the end of that contract? It can't always be guaranteed that Go North East would retain the contract, or that the council would continue funding this contract.

The operations around the Go-Ahead Group are much the same, meaning that if Go North East lost the contract, they couldn't easily dispose of the Mercedes Sprinter to another opco.

The way that Go North East procures its buses and then disposes of them means that there has to be solid ground to stand on to buy something, then the asset depreciates over x number of years (if I recall correctly; 10 for a minibus, 12 for a midibus, 15 for a full size single/double deck). A 5-year contract isn't enough - it would have to be a 10-year contract, of which there aren't many! Even if there was, you'd have the issue that you'd be ordering something completely non-standard in the fleet and unproven over that amount of years. More likely Go North East will stick to Solos as their preferred minibus.

(26 Sep 2017, 9:46 pm)Rapidsnap wrote I never realised that 9095 is still with us and has gone west, think I shall hunt it down on Friday

9095 left the fleet some time ago - around the time when Tynedale Links Solo 670 returned to service at Hexham following temporary loan to Riverside. Our news/fleet list out of date! Will correct it today.
Citaro5326   27 Sep 2017, 6:01 am
Didnt realise that the 56 was every 10 minutes ... well according to 6093s driving side anyway
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   27 Sep 2017, 6:01 am
(26 Sep 2017, 2:52 pm)Dan wrote The last new bus for X9/X10, 6314, was delivered today.

[Image: 37298693686_a7b389b696.jpg]Go North East: 6314 / NK67EBJ by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
Dan   27 Sep 2017, 6:02 am
(27 Sep 2017, 6:01 am)Citaro5326 wrote Didnt realise that the 56 was every 10 minutes ... well according to 6093s driving side anyway

Would have just missed when the others all had the frequencies stripped and replaced back when the service went to every 12 minutes. Easily done, when buses can be away for periods of time.

The third party company who fits vinyls to Go North East's buses obviously should have caught up with it by now, and I'm sure now that it's been noted here, it will be amended or removed altogether pretty promptly...
Jordan2104   27 Sep 2017, 7:41 am
(27 Sep 2017, 5:06 am)Dan wrote The trouble with the Mercedes Sprinters is that, because they have such a small capacity, they are unsuitable for 95% of the services which Go North East operates. The 5% of the services they could be allocated to are fine, but as all of these are contracted services, what happens with the bus at the end of that contract? It can't always be guaranteed that Go North East would retain the contract, or that the council would continue funding this contract.

The operations around the Go-Ahead Group are much the same, meaning that if Go North East lost the contract, they couldn't easily dispose of the Mercedes Sprinter to another opco.

The way that Go North East procures its buses and then disposes of them means that there has to be solid ground to stand on to buy something, then the asset depreciates over x number of years (if I recall correctly; 10 for a minibus, 12 for a midibus, 15 for a full size single/double deck). A 5-year contract isn't enough - it would have to be a 10-year contract, of which there aren't many! Even if there was, you'd have the issue that you'd be ordering something completely non-standard in the fleet and unproven over that amount of years. More likely Go North East will stick to Solos as their preferred minibus.

9095 left the fleet some time ago - around the time when Tynedale Links Solo 670 returned to service at Hexham following temporary loan to Riverside. Our news/fleet list out of date! Will correct it today.

Do you not think they will buy any Alexander Dennis Enviro 200mmc like they had on demo at percy main
nk55   27 Sep 2017, 7:53 am
(27 Sep 2017, 7:41 am)Jordan2104 wrote Do you not think they will buy any Alexander Dennis Enviro 200mmc like they had on demo at percy main

Wouldn't have thought so, most recent orders being steeetlites, think they'll stick with wrights for future orders
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   27 Sep 2017, 7:54 am
(27 Sep 2017, 7:41 am)Jordan2104 wrote Do you not think they will buy any Alexander Dennis Enviro 200mmc like they had on demo at percy main

At some point, I predict they will buy a small vehicle (mini or midi) which isn't standard in the fleet.

They continue to do it with deckers, they've done it with single deckers and have done it with mini/midi vehicles. 
Granted, a common engine or body design makes it easier for fitters to work on the vehicles. However, that isn't the be all and end all.

Sometimes the hand is forced, with manufacturers ceasing to make a particular vehicle spec. 
However, sometimes the manufacturer is the one to get the boot.
I'm thinking of the Optare purchases in the '80s and '90s (Metroriders, followed by the Txxc BCN Solo's), replaced by MPD's.
There was also the Delta's and Excels in the 90s, which had their place taken in the fleet by SPD's and Renowns.

After a spare of purchases elsewhere (including Wrights), they went back to Optare and got the Versa's and more Solo's.
They then changed their direction again and went back to Wright for the Streetlites. Buying amounts not seen since they opted for the Handybus to replace the likes of Mk1 Nationals in the early '90s.

Rapidsnap   27 Sep 2017, 2:22 pm
(27 Sep 2017, 5:06 am)Dan wrote 9095 left the fleet some time ago - around the time when Tynedale Links Solo 670 returned to service at Hexham following temporary loan to Riverside. Our news/fleet list out of date! Will correct it today.

Thanks for telling me, it saves me a trip in the Wild West and wasting a lot of fuel. Instead I shall go after 9101 again once I got the Golf Shuttles in.

Pages (14)    112 13 14