Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Green Bus Fund (Round 4)

Green Bus Fund (Round 4)

Green Bus Fund (Round 4)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

01 Jan 2013, 10:14 pm #1
If members are interested, enclosed is the Guidance for Bidders for the fourth round of Green Bus funding for deliveries in 2013/2014. £20 million is available which will fund around 300 low carbon emission buses. Each bidder is restricted to a maximum total grant of £5 million.

[attachment=1357]

Interested bus operators have until 5pm on Tuesday 26 March 2013 to make their bids. Sadly, the government has reduced the grant available to up to 50% of the difference between the cost of a low-carbon emission bus and its diesel equivalent. When the Green Bus Fund first began in 2009, I believe this was 100% of the difference. I really hope a north east operator(s) manages to make another successful bid.

I believe delivery is very imminent for Arriva's MAN EcoCity's at Darlington and Hybrid Volvo double deckers for the 308 (Blyth-Newcastle) route, as a part of the third round of the Green Bus Fund.
NEB Admin Team
01 Jan 2013, 10:14 pm #1

If members are interested, enclosed is the Guidance for Bidders for the fourth round of Green Bus funding for deliveries in 2013/2014. £20 million is available which will fund around 300 low carbon emission buses. Each bidder is restricted to a maximum total grant of £5 million.

[attachment=1357]

Interested bus operators have until 5pm on Tuesday 26 March 2013 to make their bids. Sadly, the government has reduced the grant available to up to 50% of the difference between the cost of a low-carbon emission bus and its diesel equivalent. When the Green Bus Fund first began in 2009, I believe this was 100% of the difference. I really hope a north east operator(s) manages to make another successful bid.

I believe delivery is very imminent for Arriva's MAN EcoCity's at Darlington and Hybrid Volvo double deckers for the 308 (Blyth-Newcastle) route, as a part of the third round of the Green Bus Fund.

Michael

02 Jan 2013, 12:04 am #2
Intresting wonder what GNE will bid for, does it mean which company can have up to 5m for buses, only asking because stagecoach have the diffrent regions and go ahead run other companys to.

Hopefully they bid for more buses like on the angel and maybe some single deckers, dont know what they would order

Update:

I hope stagecoach bid for new buses for Sunderland, the MAN buses are starting to become rubbish
GNE need to bid to get rid of older buses
Arriva probleys be the same
Edited 02 Jan 2013, 12:39 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Jan 2013, 12:04 am #2

Intresting wonder what GNE will bid for, does it mean which company can have up to 5m for buses, only asking because stagecoach have the diffrent regions and go ahead run other companys to.

Hopefully they bid for more buses like on the angel and maybe some single deckers, dont know what they would order

Update:

I hope stagecoach bid for new buses for Sunderland, the MAN buses are starting to become rubbish
GNE need to bid to get rid of older buses
Arriva probleys be the same

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

07 Feb 2013, 12:06 am #3
I think GNE should invest in new buses for:

WheyAye50 Service 50 which operates from Durham to South Shields via Chester le Street and Washington.

Fab Fifty Six Service 56 Sunderland to Newcastle via Concord and Gateshead.

The Reasons I'd buy new buses for these services are quite simple.
1.) Both services suffer from Capacity Issues, Morely 56 at Peak Times.

2.) The Buses on the 50 are pretty much knackered beyond repair, and they are always braking down somewhere between Chester le Street and Washington. and there always another branded bus on this service e.g. Lime/Lambton Worm or a Northern Decker.

Evidence http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
This was at Lambton yesterday morning (Broken Gearbox)

3.) The buses on the 50 have suffered to Very long journeys in there 13 years with GNE, Notably on 50/57 and the 527/557 when they were first bought.

There is other service that could do with new buses including the Lime 8/78, but I think the 50/56 are more important. Even if the 50/56 did get new buses in 2013. the buses off the 56 could then go on the 8/78 which result in an improvement of better and recently refurbished Wright Solars for the Service.

The other services would be the 28/28A and the 34/34A which use old DAF Plaxton Prestiges, but knowing what GNE are like this probably won't happen for a while yet.

Thats if they are successful with there bid of course.
Malarkey
07 Feb 2013, 12:06 am #3

I think GNE should invest in new buses for:

WheyAye50 Service 50 which operates from Durham to South Shields via Chester le Street and Washington.

2.) The Buses on the 50 are pretty much knackered beyond repair, and they are always braking down somewhere between Chester le Street and Washington. and there always another branded bus on this service e.g. Lime/Lambton Worm or a Northern Decker.

3.) The buses on the 50 have suffered to Very long journeys in there 13 years with GNE, Notably on 50/57 and the 527/557 when they were first bought.

There is other service that could do with new buses including the Lime 8/78, but I think the 50/56 are more important. Even if the 50/56 did get new buses in 2013. the buses off the 56 could then go on the 8/78 which result in an improvement of better and recently refurbished Wright Solars for the Service.

The other services would be the 28/28A and the 34/34A which use old DAF Plaxton Prestiges, but knowing what GNE are like this probably won't happen for a while yet.

Malarkey

26 Mar 2013, 8:41 pm #4
Deadline for the Green Bus Fund has passed at 5pm this evening, wonder what GNE have bid for, other that what we already know.
Malarkey
26 Mar 2013, 8:41 pm #4

Deadline for the Green Bus Fund has passed at 5pm this evening, wonder what GNE have bid for, other that what we already know.

Adrian

26 Mar 2013, 9:05 pm #5
(07 Feb 2013, 12:06 am)Adam Malarkey I think GNE should invest in new buses for:

In my opinion, those are the wrong kind of routes (with maybe the exception of the 56) to be using in a bid. The bid needs to be attractive to be successful, as detailed in 3.27. I'd personally say that they'd be looking at something that runs in to/through Newcastle, as the City Council over there have quite aggressive emissions targets themselves in order to keep the Carbon Trust Standard accreditation. Citylink springs to mind for me?

I do agree that Lime, Wagonway, 50 and 34/34A routes need investment by Go North East, but it'd be a bad use of Government money to invest in what are essentially 'secondary' (and IMO unpopular) routes. Investing in the more popular routes would at least allow fleet cascade.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
26 Mar 2013, 9:05 pm #5

(07 Feb 2013, 12:06 am)Adam Malarkey I think GNE should invest in new buses for:

In my opinion, those are the wrong kind of routes (with maybe the exception of the 56) to be using in a bid. The bid needs to be attractive to be successful, as detailed in 3.27. I'd personally say that they'd be looking at something that runs in to/through Newcastle, as the City Council over there have quite aggressive emissions targets themselves in order to keep the Carbon Trust Standard accreditation. Citylink springs to mind for me?

I do agree that Lime, Wagonway, 50 and 34/34A routes need investment by Go North East, but it'd be a bad use of Government money to invest in what are essentially 'secondary' (and IMO unpopular) routes. Investing in the more popular routes would at least allow fleet cascade.

Michael

10 May 2013, 3:03 pm #6
Is the result's out yet for the Green Bus fund?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 May 2013, 3:03 pm #6

Is the result's out yet for the Green Bus fund?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

10 May 2013, 7:41 pm #7
(10 May 2013, 3:03 pm)Michael Is the result's out yet for the Green Bus fund?

2.13 of the bidding guidance states they expect a decision in May 2013. From my experience of with government contracts and tenders, I tend to find by that they usually mean the end of the month. We should expect some movement soon after though, as 2.14 states that orders have to be placed with manufacturers by 19th July 2013.

Adrian
10 May 2013, 7:41 pm #7

(10 May 2013, 3:03 pm)Michael Is the result's out yet for the Green Bus fund?

2.13 of the bidding guidance states they expect a decision in May 2013. From my experience of with government contracts and tenders, I tend to find by that they usually mean the end of the month. We should expect some movement soon after though, as 2.14 states that orders have to be placed with manufacturers by 19th July 2013.

Michael

10 May 2013, 7:48 pm #8
Cheer's

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 May 2013, 7:48 pm #8

Cheer's

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Kuyoyo

27 May 2013, 10:02 am #9
The result have been released today

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...g-bids.pdf
Kuyoyo
27 May 2013, 10:02 am #9

The result have been released today

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...g-bids.pdf

Michael

27 May 2013, 10:36 am #10
Typical London always gets everything....least Sunderland got something.. cant wait to ride them daily Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 May 2013, 10:36 am #10

Typical London always gets everything....least Sunderland got something.. cant wait to ride them daily Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

27 May 2013, 11:06 am #11
Bit disappointed about TFL getting 94 buses out of it, considering it's so heavily subsidised already. I always think that London will always have an advantage in such bids, due to the GLA/Major's commitment towards a Low Emission zone within the M25 circle.

One thing I've noticed that is quite interesting, is that the Nottingham City Council bid is £1,517,256 for 15 units. So just over £100,000 each. Compared to that of Stagecoach North East, which was £305,601 for 17 units (just under £18,000 each). Makes me wonder what they're getting for that sort of money, baring in mind the restrictions stated in para 1.5 of the bidding guidance.

Adrian
27 May 2013, 11:06 am #11

Bit disappointed about TFL getting 94 buses out of it, considering it's so heavily subsidised already. I always think that London will always have an advantage in such bids, due to the GLA/Major's commitment towards a Low Emission zone within the M25 circle.

One thing I've noticed that is quite interesting, is that the Nottingham City Council bid is £1,517,256 for 15 units. So just over £100,000 each. Compared to that of Stagecoach North East, which was £305,601 for 17 units (just under £18,000 each). Makes me wonder what they're getting for that sort of money, baring in mind the restrictions stated in para 1.5 of the bidding guidance.

Michael

27 May 2013, 11:18 am #12
Yeh which is a same because small companies could do with the funding to but like always London has to be Number 1...

Doesn't the Goverment know there's other places than london in the UK?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 May 2013, 11:18 am #12

Yeh which is a same because small companies could do with the funding to but like always London has to be Number 1...

Doesn't the Goverment know there's other places than london in the UK?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

mattdw92

08 Oct 2013, 9:33 pm #13
Additional Grants released.
(08 Oct 2013, 9:01 pm)mattdw92 from 'Stagecoach North East Thread' Sunderland councils are to receive a further Green Bus funding for 23 new electric, hybrid or biomethane gas powered buses. Type not specified at this moment. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/green...re-funding
Must actually note, that operator isn't specified. One would assume this is SC due to the successful bid of their Gas Scanias. Time shall tell...
Edited 08 Oct 2013, 9:36 pm by mattdw92.
mattdw92
08 Oct 2013, 9:33 pm #13

Additional Grants released.

(08 Oct 2013, 9:01 pm)mattdw92 from 'Stagecoach North East Thread' Sunderland councils are to receive a further Green Bus funding for 23 new electric, hybrid or biomethane gas powered buses. Type not specified at this moment. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/green...re-funding
Must actually note, that operator isn't specified. One would assume this is SC due to the successful bid of their Gas Scanias. Time shall tell...

09 Oct 2013, 7:41 am #14
manchester seems to of done well
Terence Price
09 Oct 2013, 7:41 am #14

manchester seems to of done well

Michael

09 Oct 2013, 8:51 am #15
(09 Oct 2013, 7:41 am)Terence Price manchester seems to of done well

They, glad London isn't getting much of this extra funding

Once again Sunderland have 23 more buses..=D

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...-table.pdf - Bottom page now updated from round 4 -

40 new buses for Stagecoach Sunderland - All confirmed as biomethane
gas
Edited 09 Oct 2013, 9:07 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Oct 2013, 8:51 am #15

(09 Oct 2013, 7:41 am)Terence Price manchester seems to of done well

They, glad London isn't getting much of this extra funding

Once again Sunderland have 23 more buses..=D

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...-table.pdf - Bottom page now updated from round 4 -

40 new buses for Stagecoach Sunderland - All confirmed as biomethane
gas

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average