Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc

Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc

Sunderland Area Developments - St Mary's Way, Vaux, New Wear Bridge etc

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (37) Previous 13 4 537 Next
Adrian

30 Mar 2014, 12:22 pm #61
(30 Mar 2014, 9:13 am)Michael lmao me too!

Ye shame it shut down, the staff were always happy.

Least something is gonna happen on the site, not what people wanted but least its some land took up in the city centre.

Wonder what they will do with the current Hylton campus, knock it down like Shiney row?

Has Shiney Row college been knocked down? Must have missed that happening. The beauty salon was always the highlight of the college when I went there mind haha.

The food giant site is huge so it'd be good to see something developed there. Is Bar 36/Independent still definitely coming down? There was always talk of the 'Holmeside Triangle', which involved demolishing everything from Bar 36 right round to Innfusion. Shame really, as there were some good bars in their day.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
30 Mar 2014, 12:22 pm #61

Least something is gonna happen on the site, not what people wanted but least its some land took up in the city centre.

Wonder what they will do with the current Hylton campus, knock it down like Shiney row?

Has Shiney Row college been knocked down? Must have missed that happening. The beauty salon was always the highlight of the college when I went there mind haha.

The food giant site is huge so it'd be good to see something developed there. Is Bar 36/Independent still definitely coming down? There was always talk of the 'Holmeside Triangle', which involved demolishing everything from Bar 36 right round to Innfusion. Shame really, as there were some good bars in their day.

Michael

30 Mar 2014, 12:34 pm #62
(30 Mar 2014, 12:22 pm)aureolin Has Shiney Row college been knocked down? Must have missed that happening. The beauty salon was always the highlight of the college when I went there mind haha.

I think most of it has being knocked down, i haven't being down that area in ages so can't confirm, i think there's only a few courses which is ran there now, which will move to the other colleges ready for September...

Bede's new sport's facility is gonna be ready for September

Ye, the old independent is going along with all the shops up untill the bingo.

Not sure how the road out of the college would work, only place i can think of is the road which went in and out of the old kwik save

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Mar 2014, 12:34 pm #62

(30 Mar 2014, 12:22 pm)aureolin Has Shiney Row college been knocked down? Must have missed that happening. The beauty salon was always the highlight of the college when I went there mind haha.

I think most of it has being knocked down, i haven't being down that area in ages so can't confirm, i think there's only a few courses which is ran there now, which will move to the other colleges ready for September...

Not sure how the road out of the college would work, only place i can think of is the road which went in and out of the old kwik save

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

30 Mar 2014, 2:06 pm #63
(30 Mar 2014, 12:34 pm)Michael I think most of it has being knocked down, i haven't being down that area in ages so can't confirm, i think there's only a few courses which is ran there now, which will move to the other colleges ready for September...

Shiney College is still there.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Mar 2014, 2:06 pm #63

(30 Mar 2014, 12:34 pm)Michael I think most of it has being knocked down, i haven't being down that area in ages so can't confirm, i think there's only a few courses which is ran there now, which will move to the other colleges ready for September...

Shiney College is still there.

Michael

30 Mar 2014, 2:19 pm #64
(30 Mar 2014, 2:06 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Shiney College is still there.

Ah i thought they started to knock it down, my bad

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Mar 2014, 2:19 pm #64

(30 Mar 2014, 2:06 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Shiney College is still there.

Ah i thought they started to knock it down, my bad

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

30 Mar 2014, 2:54 pm #65
(30 Mar 2014, 2:19 pm)Michael Ah i thought they started to knock it down, my bad

Will double check in a bit when I drive that way. It has been a while since I was along Success Road, but it was still standing then.

edit: Shiney Row College is still standing and free from any demolition.
Edited 30 Mar 2014, 4:02 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
30 Mar 2014, 2:54 pm #65

(30 Mar 2014, 2:19 pm)Michael Ah i thought they started to knock it down, my bad

Will double check in a bit when I drive that way. It has been a while since I was along Success Road, but it was still standing then.

edit: Shiney Row College is still standing and free from any demolition.

cbma06

31 Mar 2014, 2:44 pm #66

Shiney Row site will be not knocked down until at least everything is transferred over to Bede Site after the new build is complete on Bede site.

cbma06
31 Mar 2014, 2:44 pm #66

Shiney Row site will be not knocked down until at least everything is transferred over to Bede Site after the new build is complete on Bede site.

cbma06

31 Mar 2014, 2:46 pm #67

More than likely houses will be built on the Hylton site.

cbma06
31 Mar 2014, 2:46 pm #67

More than likely houses will be built on the Hylton site.

cbma06

31 Mar 2014, 4:52 pm #68
Planning application to demolish and build 144 homes etc... on Shiney Row college site:

http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/online-appl...lDocuments&keyVal=N2SO4EBB85000
Edited 31 Mar 2014, 4:52 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
31 Mar 2014, 4:52 pm #68

Planning application to demolish and build 144 homes etc... on Shiney Row college site:

Michael

31 Mar 2014, 4:57 pm #69
(31 Mar 2014, 4:52 pm)cbma06 Planning application to demolish and build 144 homes etc... on Shiney Row college site:

I hope it happens

Both lanes on the westbound? are now open on the VAUX site.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Mar 2014, 4:57 pm #69

(31 Mar 2014, 4:52 pm)cbma06 Planning application to demolish and build 144 homes etc... on Shiney Row college site:

I hope it happens

Both lanes on the westbound? are now open on the VAUX site.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

31 Mar 2014, 5:03 pm #70
(31 Mar 2014, 2:44 pm)cbma06 Shiney Row site will be not knocked down until at least everything is transferred over to Bede Site after the new build is complete on Bede site.

I'm over Bede College tonight so I'll see what's happening.

Adrian
31 Mar 2014, 5:03 pm #70

(31 Mar 2014, 2:44 pm)cbma06 Shiney Row site will be not knocked down until at least everything is transferred over to Bede Site after the new build is complete on Bede site.

I'm over Bede College tonight so I'll see what's happening.

Michael

06 Apr 2014, 6:32 pm #71
Main question on all of this thread is..

When does the Sushi place open in the city centre?

Edit: Our next shop in Sunderland opens on 13.04.14

Never had Sushi but would like to try it
Edited 06 Apr 2014, 6:44 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Apr 2014, 6:32 pm #71

Main question on all of this thread is..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

06 Apr 2014, 7:16 pm #72
(06 Apr 2014, 6:32 pm)Michael Main question on all of this thread is..

Loads of people at work eat it. I just think it looks rank every time I see it. A sandwich or pasta is always more appealing.

Adrian
06 Apr 2014, 7:16 pm #72

Loads of people at work eat it. I just think it looks rank every time I see it. A sandwich or pasta is always more appealing.

Andreos1

06 Apr 2014, 7:16 pm #73

There's something fishy about the Sushi place... Big Grin

Had raw fish once on a KLM plane to the States.
It came as a in small cubes as a starter and had a smoky flavour to it. It was only after it had been eaten up that I asked what it was. The Dutch stewardess said it was a type of Herring.

Andreos1
06 Apr 2014, 7:16 pm #73

There's something fishy about the Sushi place... Big Grin

It came as a in small cubes as a starter and had a smoky flavour to it. It was only after it had been eaten up that I asked what it was. The Dutch stewardess said it was a type of Herring.

Adrian

06 Apr 2014, 7:18 pm #74
(06 Apr 2014, 7:16 pm)Andreos Constantopolous There's something fishy about the Sushi place... Big Grin

[Image: tumbleweed2.gif]

Adrian
06 Apr 2014, 7:18 pm #74

(06 Apr 2014, 7:16 pm)Andreos Constantopolous There's something fishy about the Sushi place... Big Grin

[Image: tumbleweed2.gif]

Michael

06 Apr 2014, 7:23 pm #75
(06 Apr 2014, 7:16 pm)aureolin Loads of people at work eat it. I just think it looks rank every time I see it. A sandwich or pasta is always more appealing.

It doesn't just sell fish though Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Apr 2014, 7:23 pm #75

(06 Apr 2014, 7:16 pm)aureolin Loads of people at work eat it. I just think it looks rank every time I see it. A sandwich or pasta is always more appealing.

It doesn't just sell fish though Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

12 Apr 2014, 9:45 am #76
Nudo sushi box opens tomorrow in Sunderland

Menu - http://nudosushibox.com/NSBMenu.pdf

I for one will be going for the Swordfish first!

The prices are reasonable to

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Apr 2014, 9:45 am #76

Nudo sushi box opens tomorrow in Sunderland

Menu - http://nudosushibox.com/NSBMenu.pdf

I for one will be going for the Swordfish first!

The prices are reasonable to

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

16 May 2014, 8:26 am #77
It looks like the council are making green terrace in Sunderland a 1 way road, looks like only buses coming out of the city centre will be able to use the road

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 May 2014, 8:26 am #77

It looks like the council are making green terrace in Sunderland a 1 way road, looks like only buses coming out of the city centre will be able to use the road

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

27 May 2014, 7:48 am #78
By a post on facebook, both roads on St Mary's is open, i hope so, least then the traffic will ease and they can work on getting the new square started!

I hope they are re-tarmacking it, as it's a little bumpy still

Edit: Skyscraper city is now back up - post on their...

Apparently the westward bound lane will open this Wednesday 28th May in time for extra traffic for One Direction concert at Stadium of Light! allowing work to be complete on westward bus lane and Public Square! Drove along yesterday and man in rain was putting lines on road! Apparently it will be an uneven road surface and final road surface will be applied once all work on square has completed!

Still wonder if they do it later in the night, with it not getting dark till 8:30ish, least then it will be done quicker

Edit: Skyscrapercity site is down once again!
Edited 27 May 2014, 12:08 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 May 2014, 7:48 am #78

By a post on facebook, both roads on St Mary's is open, i hope so, least then the traffic will ease and they can work on getting the new square started!

I hope they are re-tarmacking it, as it's a little bumpy still

Edit: Skyscraper city is now back up - post on their...

Apparently the westward bound lane will open this Wednesday 28th May in time for extra traffic for One Direction concert at Stadium of Light! allowing work to be complete on westward bus lane and Public Square! Drove along yesterday and man in rain was putting lines on road! Apparently it will be an uneven road surface and final road surface will be applied once all work on square has completed!

Still wonder if they do it later in the night, with it not getting dark till 8:30ish, least then it will be done quicker

Edit: Skyscrapercity site is down once again!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

28 May 2014, 1:40 pm #79
West Bound road now open on the new St Mary's way

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1006895&page=34

To me it looks quite tight for cars to turn on to it, even though its not complete yet (like everything around the new roads).

Let's hope the square doesn't take as long.

From the Sunderland echo:

TRAFFIC will be moving in both directions on Sunderland’s St Mary’s Boulevard from today.

The westbound section of the road is now open, in time for the extra traffic expected for tomorrow’s One Direction concert at the Stadium of Light.

There will still be some temporary lane closures in place from time to time to allow work to continue on the permanent road surface.

Contractors Balfour Beatty can now start work in earnest on the development at the top of High Street West, which will be a new public square.

The whole scheme is expected to be finished by winter.

I hope this means they are tarmacing old road to, meaning all the old road markings will go!
Edited 28 May 2014, 1:43 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
28 May 2014, 1:40 pm #79

West Bound road now open on the new St Mary's way

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1006895&page=34

To me it looks quite tight for cars to turn on to it, even though its not complete yet (like everything around the new roads).

Let's hope the square doesn't take as long.

From the Sunderland echo:

TRAFFIC will be moving in both directions on Sunderland’s St Mary’s Boulevard from today.

The westbound section of the road is now open, in time for the extra traffic expected for tomorrow’s One Direction concert at the Stadium of Light.

There will still be some temporary lane closures in place from time to time to allow work to continue on the permanent road surface.

Contractors Balfour Beatty can now start work in earnest on the development at the top of High Street West, which will be a new public square.

The whole scheme is expected to be finished by winter.

I hope this means they are tarmacing old road to, meaning all the old road markings will go!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

28 May 2014, 1:59 pm #80
(28 May 2014, 1:54 pm)AIG20 I assume when the whole scheme is finished, which includes the Crowtree Leisure Centre Demolition, Stagecoach services E1/E2/E6, 8 and 20 should be able to revert back to their former route which served the Londonderry and Sunderland Empire Theatre.

The whole area is gonna be covered over, for this new square, only access around that area will be to the car park, which the road will continue to the current exit past the empire.

They're currently building the new road where Duffy's used to be for access.

West bound will have a dedicated Bus lane all the way around (along with the 2 roads), with a new bus shelter etc

Here is a pic of the new square - all the yellowish is square, i think its a good idea to only have a road to the car park, the current road system is a mess around there, looks to be sorted when the whole area is complete end of the year.

http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/Planning/St...cNo=695496&PageNo=1&content=obj.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy5fAHrY_bo - video from the council
Edited 28 May 2014, 2:04 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
28 May 2014, 1:59 pm #80

(28 May 2014, 1:54 pm)AIG20 I assume when the whole scheme is finished, which includes the Crowtree Leisure Centre Demolition, Stagecoach services E1/E2/E6, 8 and 20 should be able to revert back to their former route which served the Londonderry and Sunderland Empire Theatre.

The whole area is gonna be covered over, for this new square, only access around that area will be to the car park, which the road will continue to the current exit past the empire.

They're currently building the new road where Duffy's used to be for access.

West bound will have a dedicated Bus lane all the way around (along with the 2 roads), with a new bus shelter etc

Here is a pic of the new square - all the yellowish is square, i think its a good idea to only have a road to the car park, the current road system is a mess around there, looks to be sorted when the whole area is complete end of the year.

http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/Planning/St...cNo=695496&PageNo=1&content=obj.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy5fAHrY_bo - video from the council

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (37) Previous 13 4 537 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average