Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Darlington Town Centre Bus Stops

Darlington Town Centre Bus Stops

Darlington Town Centre Bus Stops

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
Jimmi

10 Oct 2014, 3:22 pm #21
Today my service 5 had to drop off passengers on the 13A/13B stand around the corner from Northgate again and so did an X66.

Lots of road blocks on Tubwell Row including two service 7s as one pulled onto the stand after it was due out. Scarlet Band 20 had to pull in on an angle on stand I and this happened at least another two times, it's pathetic!

Also the NextBuses screen on Tubwell Row "H" was randomly showing - 1510 16 Newton Aycliffe Centre even though the 16 no longer runs to Newton Aycliffe.
Edited 10 Oct 2014, 3:52 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
10 Oct 2014, 3:22 pm #21

Today my service 5 had to drop off passengers on the 13A/13B stand around the corner from Northgate again and so did an X66.

Lots of road blocks on Tubwell Row including two service 7s as one pulled onto the stand after it was due out. Scarlet Band 20 had to pull in on an angle on stand I and this happened at least another two times, it's pathetic!

Also the NextBuses screen on Tubwell Row "H" was randomly showing - 1510 16 Newton Aycliffe Centre even though the 16 no longer runs to Newton Aycliffe.

Jimmi

17 Nov 2014, 7:04 pm #22
Plan to create new bus stops in front of Darlington Town Hall by revamping footpath layout.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11...th_layout/
Jimmi
17 Nov 2014, 7:04 pm #22

Plan to create new bus stops in front of Darlington Town Hall by revamping footpath layout.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11...th_layout/

Jimmi

06 Feb 2015, 12:04 am #24
The stand changes over the weekend which saw Arriva services switch between stands I & J looked to have made no difference still saw buses stopped in the middle of the road waiting to get on stand J today.

Scarlet Band services 20, 84/84A still leave from stand I.

Buses were also all over the place on Northgate as ever.

Don't think they'll ever get the bus stops right.
Jimmi
06 Feb 2015, 12:04 am #24

The stand changes over the weekend which saw Arriva services switch between stands I & J looked to have made no difference still saw buses stopped in the middle of the road waiting to get on stand J today.

Scarlet Band services 20, 84/84A still leave from stand I.

Buses were also all over the place on Northgate as ever.

Don't think they'll ever get the bus stops right.

ross13

06 Feb 2015, 10:16 am #25
To Me Services 1/1b/x1 2 & 3 should be moved from stand J on tubwell row and moved to stand F outside Burger King at least there there is abit more mouverable room for the big buses as for northgate stand A does not suit the 2/3 they should be moved to stand C and 9/10 back to Stand A
ross13
06 Feb 2015, 10:16 am #25

To Me Services 1/1b/x1 2 & 3 should be moved from stand J on tubwell row and moved to stand F outside Burger King at least there there is abit more mouverable room for the big buses as for northgate stand A does not suit the 2/3 they should be moved to stand C and 9/10 back to Stand A

Jimmi

06 Feb 2015, 11:59 am #26
(06 Feb 2015, 10:16 am)ross13 To Me Services 1/1b/x1 2 & 3 should be moved from stand J on tubwell row and moved to stand F outside Burger King at least there there is abit more mouverable room for the big buses as for northgate stand A does not suit the 2/3 they should be moved to stand C and 9/10 back to Stand A

That would probably be better, although Northgate could do with less buses all together as there is too many trying to pick up and drop off passengers at one time.

An idea I've thought of which would probably improve things but I don't think people would like it, is to move the Aycliffe services back to stand E and remove stand I with services using stand I would move to stand H with stand I removed it would create more space. The problem with stand E is it's location as it isn't the best looking place to wait for a bus which I believe was the reason they were moved from there.

I think it would also be better if services using stand M pulled right to the top of the stand as you often have 3 buses trying to access that stand at once and the third bus is practically on the mini roundabout at times. The 16/16A often has to pull in on an angle to get anywhere close to the stand.
Jimmi
06 Feb 2015, 11:59 am #26

(06 Feb 2015, 10:16 am)ross13 To Me Services 1/1b/x1 2 & 3 should be moved from stand J on tubwell row and moved to stand F outside Burger King at least there there is abit more mouverable room for the big buses as for northgate stand A does not suit the 2/3 they should be moved to stand C and 9/10 back to Stand A

That would probably be better, although Northgate could do with less buses all together as there is too many trying to pick up and drop off passengers at one time.

An idea I've thought of which would probably improve things but I don't think people would like it, is to move the Aycliffe services back to stand E and remove stand I with services using stand I would move to stand H with stand I removed it would create more space. The problem with stand E is it's location as it isn't the best looking place to wait for a bus which I believe was the reason they were moved from there.

I think it would also be better if services using stand M pulled right to the top of the stand as you often have 3 buses trying to access that stand at once and the third bus is practically on the mini roundabout at times. The 16/16A often has to pull in on an angle to get anywhere close to the stand.

JoshP

11 Feb 2015, 12:19 am #27
(06 Feb 2015, 11:59 am)Jimmi That would probably be better, although Northgate could do with less buses all together as there is too many trying to pick up and drop off passengers at one time.

Tubwell Row will soon be a little clear as I understand some services will be moving to a new stand or two outside the town hall. Stand M shouldn't exist much longer and the Barnard Castle, Hurworth and Richmond busses will move there as well as the 16/16A.

That won't help the issues on stands H-J or Northgate though...
JoshP
11 Feb 2015, 12:19 am #27

(06 Feb 2015, 11:59 am)Jimmi That would probably be better, although Northgate could do with less buses all together as there is too many trying to pick up and drop off passengers at one time.

Tubwell Row will soon be a little clear as I understand some services will be moving to a new stand or two outside the town hall. Stand M shouldn't exist much longer and the Barnard Castle, Hurworth and Richmond busses will move there as well as the 16/16A.

Cock Robin

11 Feb 2015, 9:08 am #28
(09 Sep 2014, 11:59 am)Andreos1 Unless a transport authority/pte decides to build a bus station, I can't see there being much change.

Financially, it will cost a fortune to build and take an age to recoup that initial outlay.

On Tyneside/Wearside - you get the likes of Nexus who use private/public finance to construct a bus station.
The initial outlay, is returned by the way of rent by small businesses sited within the bus station and from the operators paying landing/access fees.
The PTE had the foresight to build the interchanges back in the 70's/80's to complement the integrated system.
Operators would be silly to move services away from these areas - based on the simple basis, that they would loose passengers.

On North Road, you have the site of what was an operator owned/constructed site.
Ditto Park Lane and others too. Not sure about Peterlee, but in all likelihood it was.

In Darlington, which operators would pay the council to use the bus station (without any interchange facilities) when they can use the streets for nowt?
There would possibly be a similar situation to the one in Hartlepool.

Back in the day, when there was competition, an operator would build their own bus station/terminus, very much like the train companies did.
It demonstrated grandeur and could attract passengers from a rival operation.

There isn't anything like that since de-reg.

As for the siting of stops; whilst problems may be happening on a daily basis, there will be all sorts of things to take into account, such as the destinations of the buses I.e routes in, out and across town, locations needing to be near shops/busy areas and the existing road/building infrastructure - before any re-siting can even happen.

I'm sure there was a court case where it was ruled that even if an operator builds its own bus station it has to let competitors use it, which is bizarre.
Cock Robin
11 Feb 2015, 9:08 am #28

(09 Sep 2014, 11:59 am)Andreos1 Unless a transport authority/pte decides to build a bus station, I can't see there being much change.

Financially, it will cost a fortune to build and take an age to recoup that initial outlay.

On Tyneside/Wearside - you get the likes of Nexus who use private/public finance to construct a bus station.
The initial outlay, is returned by the way of rent by small businesses sited within the bus station and from the operators paying landing/access fees.
The PTE had the foresight to build the interchanges back in the 70's/80's to complement the integrated system.
Operators would be silly to move services away from these areas - based on the simple basis, that they would loose passengers.

On North Road, you have the site of what was an operator owned/constructed site.
Ditto Park Lane and others too. Not sure about Peterlee, but in all likelihood it was.

In Darlington, which operators would pay the council to use the bus station (without any interchange facilities) when they can use the streets for nowt?
There would possibly be a similar situation to the one in Hartlepool.

Back in the day, when there was competition, an operator would build their own bus station/terminus, very much like the train companies did.
It demonstrated grandeur and could attract passengers from a rival operation.

There isn't anything like that since de-reg.

As for the siting of stops; whilst problems may be happening on a daily basis, there will be all sorts of things to take into account, such as the destinations of the buses I.e routes in, out and across town, locations needing to be near shops/busy areas and the existing road/building infrastructure - before any re-siting can even happen.

I'm sure there was a court case where it was ruled that even if an operator builds its own bus station it has to let competitors use it, which is bizarre.

ross13

11 Feb 2015, 10:54 am #29
(11 Feb 2015, 12:19 am)JoshP Tubwell Row will soon be a little clear as I understand some services will be moving to a new stand or two outside the town hall. Stand M shouldn't exist much longer and the Barnard Castle, Hurworth and Richmond busses will move there as well as the 16/16A.

I know it wont help the issues with stands on Northgate but heres a thought  why not keep stand M and have services 14/14a/14b use it to Skerne park rather than stand I which then be  more ideal for the 14a to come straight down crown street then on to tubwell row and 14/b could just come in via Stonebridge but down side with the 14b will be moaning passengers who have to get off there
ross13
11 Feb 2015, 10:54 am #29

(11 Feb 2015, 12:19 am)JoshP Tubwell Row will soon be a little clear as I understand some services will be moving to a new stand or two outside the town hall. Stand M shouldn't exist much longer and the Barnard Castle, Hurworth and Richmond busses will move there as well as the 16/16A.

I know it wont help the issues with stands on Northgate but heres a thought  why not keep stand M and have services 14/14a/14b use it to Skerne park rather than stand I which then be  more ideal for the 14a to come straight down crown street then on to tubwell row and 14/b could just come in via Stonebridge but down side with the 14b will be moaning passengers who have to get off there

Jimmi

11 Feb 2015, 11:24 am #30

I'm sure some people will be happy about having to walk further to the shops. Who knows if the 16/16A will still be here after June.

I think Stand "I" has to go to make more room for stand "J" since the changes two MPDs can fit on there but only if the first one pulls far enough forward and problems occur if: A bus isn't far enough forward, if one of the services has something bigger than an MPD (1308 on 14B) and when the Scarlet Band 20, 84/84A need access to that stand and the 84's have 9 minutes layover.
Jimmi
11 Feb 2015, 11:24 am #30

I'm sure some people will be happy about having to walk further to the shops. Who knows if the 16/16A will still be here after June.

I think Stand "I" has to go to make more room for stand "J" since the changes two MPDs can fit on there but only if the first one pulls far enough forward and problems occur if: A bus isn't far enough forward, if one of the services has something bigger than an MPD (1308 on 14B) and when the Scarlet Band 20, 84/84A need access to that stand and the 84's have 9 minutes layover.

ross13

11 Feb 2015, 11:50 am #31
(11 Feb 2015, 11:24 am)Jimmi I'm sure some people will be happy about having to walk further to the shops. Who knows if the 16/16A will still be here after June.

People moan wherever they get dropped off jimmi, In my Opinion they should have left all the stands alone and left as they were when east street was taken out of use the out of towns barring the x66 leaving from burger king and the 1/1b 2 n 3 going from stand H which was a lot better as the 2 and 1/1b could get on the stand together. To be fair they could revert them back out of towns bk to burger king the 1/1/b/x1 2 to stand H and you could at a push put the 3 & 4 in stand I with the 3 only running every half hour and put the 13a/b back to stand J
ross13
11 Feb 2015, 11:50 am #31

(11 Feb 2015, 11:24 am)Jimmi I'm sure some people will be happy about having to walk further to the shops. Who knows if the 16/16A will still be here after June.

People moan wherever they get dropped off jimmi, In my Opinion they should have left all the stands alone and left as they were when east street was taken out of use the out of towns barring the x66 leaving from burger king and the 1/1b 2 n 3 going from stand H which was a lot better as the 2 and 1/1b could get on the stand together. To be fair they could revert them back out of towns bk to burger king the 1/1/b/x1 2 to stand H and you could at a push put the 3 & 4 in stand I with the 3 only running every half hour and put the 13a/b back to stand J

Jimmi

11 Feb 2015, 11:58 am #32
(11 Feb 2015, 11:50 am)ross13 People moan wherever they get dropped off jimmi, In my Opinion they should have left all the stands alone and left as they were when east street was taken out of use the out of towns barring the x66 leaving from burger king and the 1/1b 2 n 3 going from stand H which was a lot better as the 2 and 1/1b could get on the stand together. To be fair they could revert them back out of towns bk to burger king the 1/1/b/x1 2 to stand H and you could at a push put the 3 & 4 in stand I with the 3 only running every half hour and put the 13a/b back to stand J

East Street was taken out of use because it was too far from the shops and it looked dark and manky people said. The East stop was stupid too was far to close to the junction and at times you saw buses waiting on the 13A/13B stand and like stand M the buses should really have picked up at the other end.

People moan about where there stops are and will continue to do so because you can't please everyone.
Jimmi
11 Feb 2015, 11:58 am #32

(11 Feb 2015, 11:50 am)ross13 People moan wherever they get dropped off jimmi, In my Opinion they should have left all the stands alone and left as they were when east street was taken out of use the out of towns barring the x66 leaving from burger king and the 1/1b 2 n 3 going from stand H which was a lot better as the 2 and 1/1b could get on the stand together. To be fair they could revert them back out of towns bk to burger king the 1/1/b/x1 2 to stand H and you could at a push put the 3 & 4 in stand I with the 3 only running every half hour and put the 13a/b back to stand J

East Street was taken out of use because it was too far from the shops and it looked dark and manky people said. The East stop was stupid too was far to close to the junction and at times you saw buses waiting on the 13A/13B stand and like stand M the buses should really have picked up at the other end.

People moan about where there stops are and will continue to do so because you can't please everyone.

Jimmi

18 Feb 2015, 6:20 pm #33
Northern Echo readers, Darlington will not get a bus station as there is nowhere to put one near enough to the town centre and if they did build one just outside the town centre you'd never use it cause it is too far away from the shops and also probably moan about the traffic lights taking too long to change for pedestrians again, so just shut the hell up about a bus station because it is never going to bloody happen!
Jimmi
18 Feb 2015, 6:20 pm #33

Northern Echo readers, Darlington will not get a bus station as there is nowhere to put one near enough to the town centre and if they did build one just outside the town centre you'd never use it cause it is too far away from the shops and also probably moan about the traffic lights taking too long to change for pedestrians again, so just shut the hell up about a bus station because it is never going to bloody happen!

Jimmi

28 Feb 2015, 8:50 am #34
Here we go again...

Why doesn't Darlington have a bus station?
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/feature..._station_/

No prizes for guessing where this link will take you.
Jimmi
28 Feb 2015, 8:50 am #34

Here we go again...

Cock Robin

28 Feb 2015, 9:55 am #35
What about the car park opposite Feethams?
Cock Robin
28 Feb 2015, 9:55 am #35

What about the car park opposite Feethams?

John_R

28 Feb 2015, 2:09 pm #36
(28 Feb 2015, 9:55 am)Cock Robin What about the car park opposite Feethams?

Now closed as a multi storey car park is being built.
John_R
28 Feb 2015, 2:09 pm #36

(28 Feb 2015, 9:55 am)Cock Robin What about the car park opposite Feethams?

Now closed as a multi storey car park is being built.

Jimmi

07 Mar 2015, 10:57 am #37
Yesterday I saw some stupid moron try and cross the road outside Bright House the driver slowed down slightly to wave at another driver and I imagine he also slowed down because he thought he was going to cross the road so the stupid then went and stood in front of the bus then went round to the drivers window and started shouting at the driver stuff like "you should be looking where your going instead of waving at your mate, no wonder bloke got run down by a bus... " then more words were exchanged then when he got out the driver the driver plonked the bus (X66) on Stand L then he got out of the bus and looked like he was going to find him and batter the **** out of him, thankfully another Arriva driver calmed him down so that didn't happen.

Everything else I saw in the hour and a half I was in Darlington yesterday non of them I would blame on Arriva, other examples in my eyes were the fault of: Pedestrians not looking where they are going, other motorists driving far too fast through the Town Centre, motorists failing to obey rules eg. Indicating and other things which are down to the mess that is Darlington Town Centre - not being able to see what's coming as all the bus stops are too close and are in the middle of the road, badly organized junctions, seriously who puts a bus stop right on a T junction! and badly placed loading bays where you can't see cars coming at the junction you are trying to cross at, especially if they are driving fast and 1AB Taxis and other people stopping anywhere they please, 1AB driver nearly ran over my foot on Northgate yesterday.

So there you are Northern Echo readers not every danger in Darlington is Arriva so how about you all shut the hell up bad mouthing Arriva and stop all this about wanting a bus station it's NOT going to happen. Seriously they blame Arriva for everything in Darlington, I imagine if the Odeon Cinema closes they will blame Arriva for that by spouting garbage like there isn't enough bus services going past.

Little wonder Darlington winds me up.
Jimmi
07 Mar 2015, 10:57 am #37

Yesterday I saw some stupid moron try and cross the road outside Bright House the driver slowed down slightly to wave at another driver and I imagine he also slowed down because he thought he was going to cross the road so the stupid then went and stood in front of the bus then went round to the drivers window and started shouting at the driver stuff like "you should be looking where your going instead of waving at your mate, no wonder bloke got run down by a bus... " then more words were exchanged then when he got out the driver the driver plonked the bus (X66) on Stand L then he got out of the bus and looked like he was going to find him and batter the **** out of him, thankfully another Arriva driver calmed him down so that didn't happen.

Everything else I saw in the hour and a half I was in Darlington yesterday non of them I would blame on Arriva, other examples in my eyes were the fault of: Pedestrians not looking where they are going, other motorists driving far too fast through the Town Centre, motorists failing to obey rules eg. Indicating and other things which are down to the mess that is Darlington Town Centre - not being able to see what's coming as all the bus stops are too close and are in the middle of the road, badly organized junctions, seriously who puts a bus stop right on a T junction! and badly placed loading bays where you can't see cars coming at the junction you are trying to cross at, especially if they are driving fast and 1AB Taxis and other people stopping anywhere they please, 1AB driver nearly ran over my foot on Northgate yesterday.

So there you are Northern Echo readers not every danger in Darlington is Arriva so how about you all shut the hell up bad mouthing Arriva and stop all this about wanting a bus station it's NOT going to happen. Seriously they blame Arriva for everything in Darlington, I imagine if the Odeon Cinema closes they will blame Arriva for that by spouting garbage like there isn't enough bus services going past.

Little wonder Darlington winds me up.

08 Mar 2015, 7:20 pm #38
(28 Feb 2015, 8:50 am)Jimmi Here we go again...

Look at the first immediate EcoCity, look at the old git crossing.

THAT'S THE F**KING PROBLEM!
omnicity4659
08 Mar 2015, 7:20 pm #38

(28 Feb 2015, 8:50 am)Jimmi Here we go again...

Look at the first immediate EcoCity, look at the old git crossing.

THAT'S THE F**KING PROBLEM!

Jimmi

15 May 2015, 11:22 pm #39
According to Arriva's Facebook page from Sunday May 17th stand M will be relocated to Feethams.

There is also a second stop on Feethams which the 3/3A/3B will use to pick up passengers on Skerne Park journeys.
Jimmi
15 May 2015, 11:22 pm #39

According to Arriva's Facebook page from Sunday May 17th stand M will be relocated to Feethams.

There is also a second stop on Feethams which the 3/3A/3B will use to pick up passengers on Skerne Park journeys.

Jimmi

03 Aug 2015, 5:01 pm #40
Service 7 had to drop us off on the 13/13A stand again this afternoon. Also for my journey home service 5A arrived 7 minutes late (SHOCK!) meaning it arrived after the 7 and the 5A had to pull in behind the 7, doing this blocked a van from getting out of the loading Bay just before stand H so as the van driver did not want to wait for the large queue of passengers to board the 5A so the van driver reversed over the pavement which is extremely dangerous to get out of the loading Bay then hurled abuse at the bus driver.

Also seems to be issues with space on stand M at Feethams, was in Darlington the other week and at 9am there was services 72, X26, X75 all wanting to use this stand at the same time plus service 29 on stand T but there was no room and service 29 had to stop in the middle of the road to pick it's passengers up and service 72 also had problems picking us up.

Seriously this place is a mess, it's just so badly organised, too many buses wanting to use one stand at one time, stands placed far too close together and some stands are in ridiculous places.
Jimmi
03 Aug 2015, 5:01 pm #40

Service 7 had to drop us off on the 13/13A stand again this afternoon. Also for my journey home service 5A arrived 7 minutes late (SHOCK!) meaning it arrived after the 7 and the 5A had to pull in behind the 7, doing this blocked a van from getting out of the loading Bay just before stand H so as the van driver did not want to wait for the large queue of passengers to board the 5A so the van driver reversed over the pavement which is extremely dangerous to get out of the loading Bay then hurled abuse at the bus driver.

Also seems to be issues with space on stand M at Feethams, was in Darlington the other week and at 9am there was services 72, X26, X75 all wanting to use this stand at the same time plus service 29 on stand T but there was no room and service 29 had to stop in the middle of the road to pick it's passengers up and service 72 also had problems picking us up.

Seriously this place is a mess, it's just so badly organised, too many buses wanting to use one stand at one time, stands placed far too close together and some stands are in ridiculous places.

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average