Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure North East Bus Stations

North East Bus Stations

North East Bus Stations

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (11): Previous 1 2 311 Next
col87

04 Sep 2014, 9:37 pm #21
(04 Sep 2014, 3:38 pm)Robert Then where will people park their cars when going to the shopping centre?

There will still be plenty of parking spaces with the multi story M&S and basement car parks the aim though would be to get people using the bus.
col87
04 Sep 2014, 9:37 pm #21

(04 Sep 2014, 3:38 pm)Robert Then where will people park their cars when going to the shopping centre?

There will still be plenty of parking spaces with the multi story M&S and basement car parks the aim though would be to get people using the bus.

cbma06

05 Sep 2014, 11:54 am #22
(04 Sep 2014, 9:37 pm)col87 There will still be plenty of parking spaces with the multi story M&S and basement car parks the aim though would be to get people using the bus.

Hartlepool doesn't need a bus station, their used to have one, Since Stagecoach is the main operator in this area and their are content to use the public streets the same as Sunderland etc..., The Bus stations were regulary used in the olden days but you have to move with the times, now their are less bus services/companies due to the deregulation and bus companies are now have to make a profit as their are a business (same as the gas and electric companies etc.. etc...). more and more bus services are running across the city/town centres instead of terminating in the City/Town.

Bus stations are mostly used for out of town bus services.

Arriva service 22 in Hartlepool uses the marina as a terminating point as their are quite a few passengers use it to go to the Marina and the retail parks. not many passengers would use the 22 to go to the railway station interchange point as theirs nothing really their except the train service. I don't really see many people getting off the Scarlet band service 58 at the interchange in Hartlepool. only reason this service goes into their as its secured and the council pays for it and it makes the council look not daft for building it, should of kept it as a car park, as the new car park next to train station gets quite full

Stagecoach Sunderland decided to pull out of Sunderland Interchange so their wont get charged going into Interchange and the passengers were content of boarding the buses on the city streets instead of travelling all the way to Park Lane. If the Sunderland Interchange was built on the original proposed land between Green terrace and Crowtree road where Debenhams is then more services might of used it as it would be more in the central of the City and would of been incorporated with the bridges extension at the time, but their opted for Park Lane due to the proposed metro extension being served next to it.

Whats the percentage of stagecoach buses uses the bus stations in Newcastle, as highly majority will be cross city services.

cbma06
05 Sep 2014, 11:54 am #22

(04 Sep 2014, 9:37 pm)col87 There will still be plenty of parking spaces with the multi story M&S and basement car parks the aim though would be to get people using the bus.

Hartlepool doesn't need a bus station, their used to have one, Since Stagecoach is the main operator in this area and their are content to use the public streets the same as Sunderland etc..., The Bus stations were regulary used in the olden days but you have to move with the times, now their are less bus services/companies due to the deregulation and bus companies are now have to make a profit as their are a business (same as the gas and electric companies etc.. etc...). more and more bus services are running across the city/town centres instead of terminating in the City/Town.

Bus stations are mostly used for out of town bus services.

Arriva service 22 in Hartlepool uses the marina as a terminating point as their are quite a few passengers use it to go to the Marina and the retail parks. not many passengers would use the 22 to go to the railway station interchange point as theirs nothing really their except the train service. I don't really see many people getting off the Scarlet band service 58 at the interchange in Hartlepool. only reason this service goes into their as its secured and the council pays for it and it makes the council look not daft for building it, should of kept it as a car park, as the new car park next to train station gets quite full

Stagecoach Sunderland decided to pull out of Sunderland Interchange so their wont get charged going into Interchange and the passengers were content of boarding the buses on the city streets instead of travelling all the way to Park Lane. If the Sunderland Interchange was built on the original proposed land between Green terrace and Crowtree road where Debenhams is then more services might of used it as it would be more in the central of the City and would of been incorporated with the bridges extension at the time, but their opted for Park Lane due to the proposed metro extension being served next to it.

Whats the percentage of stagecoach buses uses the bus stations in Newcastle, as highly majority will be cross city services.

nk55

10 Sep 2014, 7:13 am #23
Does anybody know who is responsible for the cleanliness ( or complete lack of ) of the the toilets at park lane interchange. Ultra violet lighting and the smell of stale urine, made me nearly throw up!!!
nk55
10 Sep 2014, 7:13 am #23

Does anybody know who is responsible for the cleanliness ( or complete lack of ) of the the toilets at park lane interchange. Ultra violet lighting and the smell of stale urine, made me nearly throw up!!!

Adrian

10 Sep 2014, 8:23 am #24
(10 Sep 2014, 7:13 am)nk55 Does anybody know who is responsible for the cleanliness ( or complete lack of ) of the the toilets at park lane interchange. Ultra violet lighting and the smell of stale urine, made me nearly throw up!!!
Ultimately Nexus, but they do outsource cleaning. Drop them an email - customerservices@nexus.org.uk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
10 Sep 2014, 8:23 am #24

(10 Sep 2014, 7:13 am)nk55 Does anybody know who is responsible for the cleanliness ( or complete lack of ) of the the toilets at park lane interchange. Ultra violet lighting and the smell of stale urine, made me nearly throw up!!!
Ultimately Nexus, but they do outsource cleaning. Drop them an email - customerservices@nexus.org.uk

Simmy

10 Sep 2014, 8:36 am #25

Hence why I never use Park Lane toilets anymore. They make me retch haha.
Simmy
10 Sep 2014, 8:36 am #25

Hence why I never use Park Lane toilets anymore. They make me retch haha.

nk55

10 Sep 2014, 10:51 am #26
(10 Sep 2014, 8:23 am)aureolin Ultimately Nexus, but they do outsource cleaning. Drop them an email - customerservices@nexus.org.uk

Cheers will do.
nk55
10 Sep 2014, 10:51 am #26

(10 Sep 2014, 8:23 am)aureolin Ultimately Nexus, but they do outsource cleaning. Drop them an email - customerservices@nexus.org.uk

Cheers will do.

Malarkey

10 Sep 2014, 1:00 pm #27

They manky like, Personally i'd rather walk to "The Cooper Rose Wetherspoons" or "The Bridges" if need I to go when at Park Lane, I Believe Sunderland City Council are the ones responsible for cleaning them, but whether they do or not I have no idea.
Malarkey
10 Sep 2014, 1:00 pm #27

They manky like, Personally i'd rather walk to "The Cooper Rose Wetherspoons" or "The Bridges" if need I to go when at Park Lane, I Believe Sunderland City Council are the ones responsible for cleaning them, but whether they do or not I have no idea.

Michael

10 Sep 2014, 1:01 pm #28
(10 Sep 2014, 1:00 pm)NEBCD Malarkey They manky like, Personally i'd rather walk to "The Cooper Rose Wetherspoons" or "The Bridges" if need I to go when at Park Lane, I Believe Sunderland City Council are the ones responsible for cleaning them, but whether they do or not I have no idea.

Ugh i never use those toliet's, they're horrible, think NEXUS needs a word with who ever cleans them!

Edit: Emailed a complaint about them.. lets see what i get back
Edited 10 Sep 2014, 1:07 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Sep 2014, 1:01 pm #28

(10 Sep 2014, 1:00 pm)NEBCD Malarkey They manky like, Personally i'd rather walk to "The Cooper Rose Wetherspoons" or "The Bridges" if need I to go when at Park Lane, I Believe Sunderland City Council are the ones responsible for cleaning them, but whether they do or not I have no idea.

Ugh i never use those toliet's, they're horrible, think NEXUS needs a word with who ever cleans them!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BJ10VUS

10 Sep 2014, 2:50 pm #29
(05 Sep 2014, 11:54 am)cbma06 Whats the percentage of stagecoach buses uses the bus stations in Newcastle, as highly majority will be cross city services.

I don't think Haymarket Bus Station is served by any Stagecoach services, however the Q2 (under Stagecoach) and X87/X88 used to serve Haymarket. Eldon Square is served by Stagecoach "express" services operating further afield to places such as the Airport, Ponteland and Throckley.

X77 to Darras Hall
via Cowgate, Woolsington, Newcastle Airport and Ponteland

X78 to Darras Hall

X79 to Northumbria Police H.Q. and/or Kirkley Hall Campus
via Cowgate, Woolsington, Newcastle Airport, Ponteland and Darras Hall

X82 to Throckley, Leazes Estate
via CAV, Denton Burn and Walbottle

X87 to Newbiggin Hall Estate
via Cowgate and Blakelaw

X88 to Newbiggin Hall Estate
via Cowgate and Blakelaw
Edited 10 Sep 2014, 2:53 pm by BJ10VUS.
BJ10VUS
10 Sep 2014, 2:50 pm #29

(05 Sep 2014, 11:54 am)cbma06 Whats the percentage of stagecoach buses uses the bus stations in Newcastle, as highly majority will be cross city services.

I don't think Haymarket Bus Station is served by any Stagecoach services, however the Q2 (under Stagecoach) and X87/X88 used to serve Haymarket. Eldon Square is served by Stagecoach "express" services operating further afield to places such as the Airport, Ponteland and Throckley.

X77 to Darras Hall

X78 to Darras Hall

X79 to Northumbria Police H.Q. and/or Kirkley Hall Campus
via Cowgate, Woolsington, Newcastle Airport, Ponteland and Darras Hall

X82 to Throckley, Leazes Estate
via CAV, Denton Burn and Walbottle

X87 to Newbiggin Hall Estate
via Cowgate and Blakelaw

X88 to Newbiggin Hall Estate
via Cowgate and Blakelaw

nk55

11 Sep 2014, 6:27 am #30
(10 Sep 2014, 1:01 pm)Michael Ugh i never use those toliet's, they're horrible, think NEXUS needs a word with who ever cleans them!

We only have a limited turnaround time at PL so if needs must its the only option. However we can use the staff toilets upstairs in the gne canteen but time is of the essence.
nk55
11 Sep 2014, 6:27 am #30

(10 Sep 2014, 1:01 pm)Michael Ugh i never use those toliet's, they're horrible, think NEXUS needs a word with who ever cleans them!

We only have a limited turnaround time at PL so if needs must its the only option. However we can use the staff toilets upstairs in the gne canteen but time is of the essence.

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Sep 2014, 6:29 am #31
Those toilets feel like a prison. Not particularly pleasant at all.
Dan
11 Sep 2014, 6:29 am #31

Those toilets feel like a prison. Not particularly pleasant at all.

Michael

13 Sep 2014, 9:51 am #32
I got a email back from NEXUS about the toilet's in Park Lane....

Thank you for your email to the Nexus Customer Mailbox.

We are sorry we have fallen short of your expectations in this instance. Your comments have been passed to the manager responsible for Sunderland Interchange for investigation.
We appreciate all feedback and always look to improve our services where possible.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Nexus Customer Services Team
Nexus House
St James’ Boulevard
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE1 4AX

Wanna bet.. nothing happens?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Sep 2014, 9:51 am #32

I got a email back from NEXUS about the toilet's in Park Lane....

We are sorry we have fallen short of your expectations in this instance. Your comments have been passed to the manager responsible for Sunderland Interchange for investigation.
We appreciate all feedback and always look to improve our services where possible.

Kind Regards

Nexus Customer Services Team
Nexus House
St James’ Boulevard
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE1 4AX

Wanna bet.. nothing happens?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

13 Sep 2014, 10:03 am #33
(13 Sep 2014, 9:51 am)Michael Wanna bet.. nothing happens?

The toilets need to be completely re-vamped, which would mean a temporary closure and putting money into the toilets.
The National Express waiting 'lounge' should have some sort of heating system in place, as well as potential power sockets.

Park Lane is one of the 'better' Interchanges - despite its poor (imo) layout - but the facilities aren't as good as they should be. The coach lounge in Middlesbrough Bus Station is heated and there are power sockets too. The toilets are somewhat nicer than Park Lane's. I think it's things like this that are important.
Dan
13 Sep 2014, 10:03 am #33

(13 Sep 2014, 9:51 am)Michael Wanna bet.. nothing happens?

The toilets need to be completely re-vamped, which would mean a temporary closure and putting money into the toilets.
The National Express waiting 'lounge' should have some sort of heating system in place, as well as potential power sockets.

Park Lane is one of the 'better' Interchanges - despite its poor (imo) layout - but the facilities aren't as good as they should be. The coach lounge in Middlesbrough Bus Station is heated and there are power sockets too. The toilets are somewhat nicer than Park Lane's. I think it's things like this that are important.

Michael

13 Sep 2014, 10:07 am #34
(13 Sep 2014, 10:03 am)Dan The toilets need to be completely re-vamped, which would mean a temporary closure and putting money into the toilets.

Very much, rather them bitching and moaning about "contracts" they could spend their time actually asking people questions about how they can improve the bus stations!

The layout is terrible but i agree, it could provide better facilities.... WIFI would be good Tongue

Ripping all the toilets out and re-installing them is the best idea.. a deep clean will be needed before!

Nothing will be done....
Edited 13 Sep 2014, 10:08 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Sep 2014, 10:07 am #34

(13 Sep 2014, 10:03 am)Dan The toilets need to be completely re-vamped, which would mean a temporary closure and putting money into the toilets.

Very much, rather them bitching and moaning about "contracts" they could spend their time actually asking people questions about how they can improve the bus stations!

The layout is terrible but i agree, it could provide better facilities.... WIFI would be good Tongue

Ripping all the toilets out and re-installing them is the best idea.. a deep clean will be needed before!

Nothing will be done....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

13 Sep 2014, 10:11 am #35
(13 Sep 2014, 10:07 am)Michael Very much, rather them bitching and moaning about "contracts" they could spend their time actually asking people questions about how they can improve the bus stations!

Nothing will be done....

Wi-Fi would be nice, but since the start of this year, I've always advised my friends (if they've got no data), to stand on the Fab56 stand - there always seems to be one in! Tongue
Nexus doesn't seem to 'do' technology though. I can't see why Nexus didn't include the fitting of Wi-Fi in the refurbishment of the Metrocars...

If nothing's done, I'll send another e-mail to Nexus Customer Services and send photographic evidence of how ghastly the toilets are.
Dan
13 Sep 2014, 10:11 am #35

(13 Sep 2014, 10:07 am)Michael Very much, rather them bitching and moaning about "contracts" they could spend their time actually asking people questions about how they can improve the bus stations!

Nothing will be done....

Wi-Fi would be nice, but since the start of this year, I've always advised my friends (if they've got no data), to stand on the Fab56 stand - there always seems to be one in! Tongue
Nexus doesn't seem to 'do' technology though. I can't see why Nexus didn't include the fitting of Wi-Fi in the refurbishment of the Metrocars...

If nothing's done, I'll send another e-mail to Nexus Customer Services and send photographic evidence of how ghastly the toilets are.

Michael

13 Sep 2014, 10:16 am #36
(13 Sep 2014, 10:11 am)Dan Wi-Fi would be nice, but since the start of this year, I've always advised my friends (if they've got no data), to stand on the Fab56 stand - there always seems to be one in! Tongue

It would be, they need to update the bus timetable board thing to, (the one which tells u which service is due next at each stand)

It also needs a good cleaning, next to the stands etc

Make sure you have a mask if your taking pictures! Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Sep 2014, 10:16 am #36

(13 Sep 2014, 10:11 am)Dan Wi-Fi would be nice, but since the start of this year, I've always advised my friends (if they've got no data), to stand on the Fab56 stand - there always seems to be one in! Tongue

It would be, they need to update the bus timetable board thing to, (the one which tells u which service is due next at each stand)

It also needs a good cleaning, next to the stands etc

Make sure you have a mask if your taking pictures! Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

13 Sep 2014, 10:59 am #37

I hate the toilets in Park Lane as there is no where to move, it's too dark and metal toilets what is this prison, I'm Amazed that you could toilets that are worse than Bishop Auckland Bus Station. Middlesbrough Bus Station probably has the best toilets as they are regularly cleaned and when the downstairs toilets are been cleaned there is some upstairs in the express departures lounge so you don't have to go a million miles to find another public toilet. I don't believe in paying to use toilets as I think its an infringement of my human rights so in Durham I'd rather go to the toilets behind The Gate Shopping Centre which is full of old pervs than pay 20p.
Jimmi
13 Sep 2014, 10:59 am #37

I hate the toilets in Park Lane as there is no where to move, it's too dark and metal toilets what is this prison, I'm Amazed that you could toilets that are worse than Bishop Auckland Bus Station. Middlesbrough Bus Station probably has the best toilets as they are regularly cleaned and when the downstairs toilets are been cleaned there is some upstairs in the express departures lounge so you don't have to go a million miles to find another public toilet. I don't believe in paying to use toilets as I think its an infringement of my human rights so in Durham I'd rather go to the toilets behind The Gate Shopping Centre which is full of old pervs than pay 20p.

Adrian

13 Sep 2014, 7:18 pm #38

The only problem with heating in the NX waiting area, would be that I'd imagine you'd get homeless folk using it. How do Middlesbrough prevent this happening (or does it happen)?

Adrian
13 Sep 2014, 7:18 pm #38

The only problem with heating in the NX waiting area, would be that I'd imagine you'd get homeless folk using it. How do Middlesbrough prevent this happening (or does it happen)?

Michael

18 Sep 2014, 4:53 pm #39
A further update to Park Lane toilets...

Unfortunately, the toilets at Sunderland Park Lane Interchange are monitored and cleaned by Sunderland Council.
Nexus have no involvement with the toilets on the station.
If you wish to raise complaint with Sunderland Council, you may do so via this link:
http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5971

not surprised tbh.. typical Sunderland council...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Sep 2014, 4:53 pm #39

A further update to Park Lane toilets...

Unfortunately, the toilets at Sunderland Park Lane Interchange are monitored and cleaned by Sunderland Council.
If you wish to raise complaint with Sunderland Council, you may do so via this link:

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

18 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm #40
(18 Sep 2014, 4:53 pm)Michael A further update to Park Lane toilets...

Drop them an email - CustomerServicesNetworkSunderlandCityCouncil@sunderland.gov.uk

Park Lane is also in the St Michael's ward (just), so I'd suggest CCing one of their councillors in. Peter Wood would be a good choice (despite being a Tory), as he used to sit on the Tyne and Wear ITA. 

Adrian
18 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm #40

(18 Sep 2014, 4:53 pm)Michael A further update to Park Lane toilets...

Drop them an email - CustomerServicesNetworkSunderlandCityCouncil@sunderland.gov.uk

Park Lane is also in the St Michael's ward (just), so I'd suggest CCing one of their councillors in. Peter Wood would be a good choice (despite being a Tory), as he used to sit on the Tyne and Wear ITA. 

Pages (11): Previous 1 2 311 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average