Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Nexus

Nexus

Nexus

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (7): Previous 15 6 7 Next
Train8261

08 Dec 2021, 3:23 pm #101
(08 Dec 2021, 1:02 am)Thomas12 They’ll go out for tender so you’ll have to wait until the results of them to find out.
Possible the 11 would go back to Go North East unless they all go back to Go North East
Train8261
08 Dec 2021, 3:23 pm #101

(08 Dec 2021, 1:02 am)Thomas12 They’ll go out for tender so you’ll have to wait until the results of them to find out.
Possible the 11 would go back to Go North East unless they all go back to Go North East

08 Dec 2021, 4:49 pm #102
(08 Dec 2021, 3:23 pm)Train8261 Possible the 11 would go back to Go North East unless they all go back to Go North East
'
Could we see GNE Cancelling them all completely, Closing Percy Main and Transfering the 1 & 309/310/311 to Riverside?

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
08 Dec 2021, 4:49 pm #102

(08 Dec 2021, 3:23 pm)Train8261 Possible the 11 would go back to Go North East unless they all go back to Go North East
'
Could we see GNE Cancelling them all completely, Closing Percy Main and Transfering the 1 & 309/310/311 to Riverside?

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

Andreos1

08 Dec 2021, 10:18 pm #103

Why would they go back to GNE? The only way you're going to guarantee that, is if they take the services on commercially. 

Seeing as they're out to tender, it looks like they've got no intention of doing that and are more than happy for the taxpayer to help fund it. 
Sad really.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 Dec 2021, 10:18 pm #103

Why would they go back to GNE? The only way you're going to guarantee that, is if they take the services on commercially. 

Seeing as they're out to tender, it looks like they've got no intention of doing that and are more than happy for the taxpayer to help fund it. 
Sad really.

Keeiajs

08 Dec 2021, 11:05 pm #104
What routes have went out to Tender?
Keeiajs
08 Dec 2021, 11:05 pm #104

What routes have went out to Tender?

Train8261

08 Dec 2021, 11:19 pm #105
(08 Dec 2021, 11:05 pm)Keeiajs What routes have went out to Tender?
Probably guessing all the routes that nexus run but could be wrong
Train8261
08 Dec 2021, 11:19 pm #105

(08 Dec 2021, 11:05 pm)Keeiajs What routes have went out to Tender?
Probably guessing all the routes that nexus run but could be wrong

Keeiajs

08 Dec 2021, 11:36 pm #106
(08 Dec 2021, 11:19 pm)Train8261 Probably guessing all the routes that nexus run but could be wrong
I know GNE can't run some routes commercially. 

but I don't understand the logic of giving like the evening routes to another company, most likely most will go to GCT which I have heard there fleet are being kept together via ducktape, surely they should be refused to get as many contracts. Why can't a company just run 1 service all day and not have like SC in the morning, GNE through the day, GCT on a night. Like it is just confusing
Keeiajs
08 Dec 2021, 11:36 pm #106

(08 Dec 2021, 11:19 pm)Train8261 Probably guessing all the routes that nexus run but could be wrong
I know GNE can't run some routes commercially. 

but I don't understand the logic of giving like the evening routes to another company, most likely most will go to GCT which I have heard there fleet are being kept together via ducktape, surely they should be refused to get as many contracts. Why can't a company just run 1 service all day and not have like SC in the morning, GNE through the day, GCT on a night. Like it is just confusing

Train8261

09 Dec 2021, 12:54 am #107
(08 Dec 2021, 11:36 pm)Keeiajs I know GNE can't run some routes commercially. 

I don't understand what's GNE problem with the Little Coasters network. They have given up on it. They took back nearly every route gct had on the other side of the water. But only took the 19 back due to complaints it never turned up by gct
Train8261
09 Dec 2021, 12:54 am #107

(08 Dec 2021, 11:36 pm)Keeiajs I know GNE can't run some routes commercially. 

I don't understand what's GNE problem with the Little Coasters network. They have given up on it. They took back nearly every route gct had on the other side of the water. But only took the 19 back due to complaints it never turned up by gct

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Dec 2021, 5:35 am #108
(08 Dec 2021, 10:18 pm)Andreos1 Why would they go back to GNE? The only way you're going to guarantee that, is if they take the services on commercially. 

Sad really.

The irony in your post here is that even Nexus are proposing to reduce service levels on the journeys which they provide.

If the local authority cannot justify keeping the services in their current format, I doubt a bus company at 80% of pre-Covid passenger levels/revenue will be able to do it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
09 Dec 2021, 5:35 am #108

(08 Dec 2021, 10:18 pm)Andreos1 Why would they go back to GNE? The only way you're going to guarantee that, is if they take the services on commercially. 

Sad really.

The irony in your post here is that even Nexus are proposing to reduce service levels on the journeys which they provide.

If the local authority cannot justify keeping the services in their current format, I doubt a bus company at 80% of pre-Covid passenger levels/revenue will be able to do it either.

Andreos1

09 Dec 2021, 7:59 am #109
(09 Dec 2021, 5:35 am)Dan The irony in your post here is that even Nexus are proposing to reduce service levels on the journeys which they provide.

The irony in your post here is that even before Covid, GNE couldn't justify doing it either.

Andreos1
09 Dec 2021, 7:59 am #109

(09 Dec 2021, 5:35 am)Dan The irony in your post here is that even Nexus are proposing to reduce service levels on the journeys which they provide.

The irony in your post here is that even before Covid, GNE couldn't justify doing it either.

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Dec 2021, 9:16 am #110
(09 Dec 2021, 7:59 am)Andreos1 The irony in your post here is that even before Covid, GNE couldn't justify doing it either.

Bang on... Not sure what you find ironic about my post, but if operators couldn't do it pre-Covid (let's not forget Arriva and Stagecoach both have similar services themselves), they're even less likely to be able to do it now.

I think you'll find in the coming months that all three of the region's operators will be looking to scale back their networks, concentrate on the core and see how they can develop that, rather than focusing on weak points or taking back work that is, and will never be, profitable. Whilst there are many benefits to come from the BSIP (should the region be successful in its bid), it also looks at rationalisation of the network too.
Dan
09 Dec 2021, 9:16 am #110

(09 Dec 2021, 7:59 am)Andreos1 The irony in your post here is that even before Covid, GNE couldn't justify doing it either.

Bang on... Not sure what you find ironic about my post, but if operators couldn't do it pre-Covid (let's not forget Arriva and Stagecoach both have similar services themselves), they're even less likely to be able to do it now.

I think you'll find in the coming months that all three of the region's operators will be looking to scale back their networks, concentrate on the core and see how they can develop that, rather than focusing on weak points or taking back work that is, and will never be, profitable. Whilst there are many benefits to come from the BSIP (should the region be successful in its bid), it also looks at rationalisation of the network too.

09 Dec 2021, 10:04 am #111
I’m surprised stagecoach hasn’t scrapped the 18 in Sunderland yet that’s always a dead route! The 8 is often dead too
ThomasBooth123
09 Dec 2021, 10:04 am #111

I’m surprised stagecoach hasn’t scrapped the 18 in Sunderland yet that’s always a dead route! The 8 is often dead too

Andreos1

09 Dec 2021, 11:12 am #112
(09 Dec 2021, 9:16 am)Dan Bang on... Not sure what you find ironic about my post, but if operators couldn't do it pre-Covid (let's not forget Arriva and Stagecoach both have similar services themselves), they're even less likely to be able to do it now. 

Those million pound operating divisions could afford to do it.
They chose not to based on margins and the like. Rather than look to grow or manage those margins in a pro-active manner, they took the easy way out and ensured the taxpayer funded it.
Unless it didn't suit them and all of a sudden those routes became viable overnight - like the 97 did.

Andreos1
09 Dec 2021, 11:12 am #112

(09 Dec 2021, 9:16 am)Dan Bang on... Not sure what you find ironic about my post, but if operators couldn't do it pre-Covid (let's not forget Arriva and Stagecoach both have similar services themselves), they're even less likely to be able to do it now. 

Those million pound operating divisions could afford to do it.
They chose not to based on margins and the like. Rather than look to grow or manage those margins in a pro-active manner, they took the easy way out and ensured the taxpayer funded it.
Unless it didn't suit them and all of a sudden those routes became viable overnight - like the 97 did.

Ambassador

09 Dec 2021, 1:29 pm #113
I don't have a problem with what Nexus are doing in practice - I still think they are appallingly run (along with the Joint Transport whatever it is) 

The risk with all of this is they cut existing services because nobody uses them (fair enough) but is that because the existing service doesn't meet the needs of anyone and is unchanged in large parts since the 00s

I've some faith that a commercial operator will look and say - ok, nobody is travelling to Cobalt 5 days a week anymore and barely anyone at 7 or working 9-5, I'll reduce those services and work with Cobalt to understand when employees are in the office and if we can incentivise the travel with the companies based there and target services accordingly. Nexus won't do that.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
09 Dec 2021, 1:29 pm #113

I don't have a problem with what Nexus are doing in practice - I still think they are appallingly run (along with the Joint Transport whatever it is) 

The risk with all of this is they cut existing services because nobody uses them (fair enough) but is that because the existing service doesn't meet the needs of anyone and is unchanged in large parts since the 00s

I've some faith that a commercial operator will look and say - ok, nobody is travelling to Cobalt 5 days a week anymore and barely anyone at 7 or working 9-5, I'll reduce those services and work with Cobalt to understand when employees are in the office and if we can incentivise the travel with the companies based there and target services accordingly. Nexus won't do that.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Andreos1

09 Dec 2021, 2:05 pm #114
(09 Dec 2021, 1:29 pm)Ambassador I don't have a problem with what Nexus are doing in practice - I still think they are appallingly run (along with the Joint Transport whatever it is) 

You have more faith than me!
Particularly as the network is pretty much as it was 20, 30, 40 years back and looks just like the map on a wall in Beamish.

Andreos1
09 Dec 2021, 2:05 pm #114

(09 Dec 2021, 1:29 pm)Ambassador I don't have a problem with what Nexus are doing in practice - I still think they are appallingly run (along with the Joint Transport whatever it is) 

You have more faith than me!
Particularly as the network is pretty much as it was 20, 30, 40 years back and looks just like the map on a wall in Beamish.

09 Dec 2021, 2:09 pm #115
BSIP..

Expect more cuts, expect less subsidy, expect more paint..

Oh and cheap refurbs, like the pathetic quality of the 27 & 56 compared to 309/10/11. Not to mention nothing remotely new for ANE or Stagecoach..

Bus improvement my ****
54APhotography
09 Dec 2021, 2:09 pm #115

BSIP..

Oh and cheap refurbs, like the pathetic quality of the 27 & 56 compared to 309/10/11. Not to mention nothing remotely new for ANE or Stagecoach..

Bus improvement my ****

Train8261

09 Dec 2021, 2:20 pm #116
In my opinion. Go North East are gonna lose North Tyneside to Arriva Stagecoach & Gateshead Central Taxis. Only routes keeping Go North East in North Tyneside is 309/310/311/1 that's it
Train8261
09 Dec 2021, 2:20 pm #116

In my opinion. Go North East are gonna lose North Tyneside to Arriva Stagecoach & Gateshead Central Taxis. Only routes keeping Go North East in North Tyneside is 309/310/311/1 that's it

RobinHood

09 Dec 2021, 6:36 pm #117
(09 Dec 2021, 2:09 pm)54APhotography BSIP..

Bus improvement my ****
Arriva must buy new for the CAZ, that can't be avoided.
RobinHood
09 Dec 2021, 6:36 pm #117

(09 Dec 2021, 2:09 pm)54APhotography BSIP..

Bus improvement my ****
Arriva must buy new for the CAZ, that can't be avoided.

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Dec 2021, 6:39 pm #118
(09 Dec 2021, 6:36 pm)RobinHood Arriva must buy new for the CAZ, that can't be avoided.

A lot cheaper to retrofit Euro 6 SCRT without council funding than it is to buy new!

Dan
09 Dec 2021, 6:39 pm #118

(09 Dec 2021, 6:36 pm)RobinHood Arriva must buy new for the CAZ, that can't be avoided.

A lot cheaper to retrofit Euro 6 SCRT without council funding than it is to buy new!

09 Dec 2021, 6:52 pm #119
DB will be desperate to sell now, six months or so to go? No buyers and with covid still hanging around our necks, who will cough up knowing its mass fleet replacement or nothing...
54APhotography
09 Dec 2021, 6:52 pm #119

DB will be desperate to sell now, six months or so to go? No buyers and with covid still hanging around our necks, who will cough up knowing its mass fleet replacement or nothing...

Storx

09 Dec 2021, 7:22 pm #120

The majority of the Arriva fleet is Euro 6. It's Stagecoach who have the problems with the MANs. On paper bar a few Solo's at Jesmond and a few spare B7's I believe the whole Arriva Northumbria fleet is already done.

There's buses being released from London no doubt to fill the gaps including a batch of DB300's soon.
Storx
09 Dec 2021, 7:22 pm #120

The majority of the Arriva fleet is Euro 6. It's Stagecoach who have the problems with the MANs. On paper bar a few Solo's at Jesmond and a few spare B7's I believe the whole Arriva Northumbria fleet is already done.

There's buses being released from London no doubt to fill the gaps including a batch of DB300's soon.

Pages (7): Previous 15 6 7 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average