Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Photo Showcase

Photo Showcase

Photo Showcase

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Adrian

26 Oct 2014, 5:03 pm #1
Had this idea from another forum, and it seems to be very popular there, so I thought I'd try it here. Show off your best work with a camera, but please stick to the theme of passenger transport. Whether that be Bus, Rail, Air or Water. 

There's no restriction on when/where photos are taken, but could we also limit posts to no more than two images per week? Also ensure photos are posted using the IMG tags, rather than URLs or attachments, which should make it easier for everyone to browse!

Happy posting!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
26 Oct 2014, 5:03 pm #1

Had this idea from another forum, and it seems to be very popular there, so I thought I'd try it here. Show off your best work with a camera, but please stick to the theme of passenger transport. Whether that be Bus, Rail, Air or Water. 

There's no restriction on when/where photos are taken, but could we also limit posts to no more than two images per week? Also ensure photos are posted using the IMG tags, rather than URLs or attachments, which should make it easier for everyone to browse!

Happy posting!

Adrian

26 Oct 2014, 8:05 pm #2
I'll kick this off now that I'm back in the house. I've not had an awful lot of opportunities to get out for photos since the Summer, so I'll go back to Summer 2014 for two photos this week.

Photo 1 - My first photo is of former South Shields Busways Atlantean 268 (SCN268S), which I was lucky enough to see this year at the Seaburn Rally. This is the first time I've seen 268, and I was lucky to have the weather on my side for this shot.

[Image: 15029066111_3faee96abc_b.jpg]

Photo 2 - My second photo is of a Volvo B5TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 demonstrator that Go North East had on loan for a brief spell during the summer - 9131 BF63HDC. It had been on a trial of the Toon Link services prior to having a brief spell on the Pronto X21, where it can be seen passing the Angel of the North, below. Unlike most bus photos, I resented at the time the planning and early start I had to put in to get a good shot of this one. Because of the length of the route, I'd found that 0730 in the morning would be the only time to get a shot when the sun is behind where I'm standing. The result being below.

[Image: 14540943524_e6ecd3f2d6_b.jpg]

Adrian
26 Oct 2014, 8:05 pm #2

I'll kick this off now that I'm back in the house. I've not had an awful lot of opportunities to get out for photos since the Summer, so I'll go back to Summer 2014 for two photos this week.

Photo 1 - My first photo is of former South Shields Busways Atlantean 268 (SCN268S), which I was lucky enough to see this year at the Seaburn Rally. This is the first time I've seen 268, and I was lucky to have the weather on my side for this shot.

[Image: 15029066111_3faee96abc_b.jpg]

Photo 2 - My second photo is of a Volvo B5TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 demonstrator that Go North East had on loan for a brief spell during the summer - 9131 BF63HDC. It had been on a trial of the Toon Link services prior to having a brief spell on the Pronto X21, where it can be seen passing the Angel of the North, below. Unlike most bus photos, I resented at the time the planning and early start I had to put in to get a good shot of this one. Because of the length of the route, I'd found that 0730 in the morning would be the only time to get a shot when the sun is behind where I'm standing. The result being below.

[Image: 14540943524_e6ecd3f2d6_b.jpg]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average