Login Register
North East Buses Local Bus Scene Bus Operations, Management & Infrastructure
Bank Holiday Services
Is the 50 allocated double deckers on a bank holiday, I think I am right in thinking it has previously when it was Chester-le-Street operated. I apprecite todays weather isn't going to encourage peole to go to South Shields.
(29/05/2017, 15:07)Mark1 Wrote: Is the 50 allocated double deckers on a bank holiday, I think I am right in thinking it has previously when it was Chester-le-Street operated. I apprecite todays weather isn't going to encourage peole to go to South Shields.

In the past, the depots appear to have made a call based on the weather. There shouldn't be anything stopping Washington doing similar, as they have more than enough deckers standing around during a Sunday service. Unless the 5 route prevents this? Low bridges etc.
(29/05/2017, 15:25)Adrian Wrote: In the past, the depots appear to have made a call based on the weather. There shouldn't be anything stopping Washington doing similar, as they have more than enough deckers standing around during a Sunday service. Unless the 5 route prevents this? Low bridges etc.

I think 5 and 50 are standalone on Sundays and the isn't any low bridges on the 5 the usually at least 1 double deckers allcatoted daily on the 5/50
(29/05/2017, 14:22)Ambassador Wrote: Haha, I'll stick with branded angels!

Genuinely surprised by loadings today considering weather. Maybe time to reconsider Sunday pvr.

On a plus I used the 28 and got the C&C Streetlite and it handles the route really well. Would be a great fit. Though the emergency exit door rattling was a little irritating.

I'm not surprised - we left the Metrocentre at 1-ish and the car parks were completely full with people stalking spaces like they do in the run up to Christmas. not exactly beach or barbecue weather, so what else is there oto do but the Northeast national pastime of shopping?!
(29/05/2017, 15:38)Ds1197 Wrote: I think 5 and 50 are standalone on Sundays and the isn't any low bridges on the 5 the usually at least 1 double deckers allcatoted daily on the 5/50

Nout stopping Decker's being sent out on 5's, No low bridges on route.

And aye the 5 and 50/50A are standalone on Sundays.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile