Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Newcastle City Centre Developments

Newcastle City Centre Developments

Newcastle City Centre Developments

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6): Previous 14 5 6
DeltaMan

09 Jul 2022, 9:44 am #101
(09 Jul 2022, 9:18 am)Andreos1 Just get a load of new recruits with even poorer terms than the more experienced drivers and it will be sorted.
That seems to be the way forward with these things.
Most operators pay a late bonus if duties finish after 2100. There is literally only one reason for that.
DeltaMan
09 Jul 2022, 9:44 am #101

(09 Jul 2022, 9:18 am)Andreos1 Just get a load of new recruits with even poorer terms than the more experienced drivers and it will be sorted.
That seems to be the way forward with these things.
Most operators pay a late bonus if duties finish after 2100. There is literally only one reason for that.

Storx

09 Jul 2022, 10:12 am #102
(08 Jul 2022, 3:07 pm)54APhotography Interesting read, of course people could say this may be more expensive than buses, but depends very much on take up ..

Not sure it would it's not the council paying for anything it's for the bars to pay for it as a terms of their licence. It'll never happen anyway as NCC don't exactly have a good track record of actually enforcing anything night time related.

Also buses wouldn't fix anything as the people would still have to walk to a bus stop etc which kind of defeats the point of it. I'm assuming they use taxis anyway unless they walk home which they'd continue doing anyway no doubt. I couldn't think of anything worse than going into Haymarket beyond 12pm it's bad enough after 8pm as it is when M&S closes.
Storx
09 Jul 2022, 10:12 am #102

(08 Jul 2022, 3:07 pm)54APhotography Interesting read, of course people could say this may be more expensive than buses, but depends very much on take up ..

Not sure it would it's not the council paying for anything it's for the bars to pay for it as a terms of their licence. It'll never happen anyway as NCC don't exactly have a good track record of actually enforcing anything night time related.

Also buses wouldn't fix anything as the people would still have to walk to a bus stop etc which kind of defeats the point of it. I'm assuming they use taxis anyway unless they walk home which they'd continue doing anyway no doubt. I couldn't think of anything worse than going into Haymarket beyond 12pm it's bad enough after 8pm as it is when M&S closes.

busmanT

11 Jul 2022, 7:22 pm #103
(09 Jul 2022, 8:50 am)DeltaMan Yes, a load of extra late turns will do wonders for driver retention in the North East....
Not as GNE as they are cutting 20 plus buses out every evening with the service cuts from the 24th (I haven't added them all up yet but it's over 20)
busmanT
11 Jul 2022, 7:22 pm #103

(09 Jul 2022, 8:50 am)DeltaMan Yes, a load of extra late turns will do wonders for driver retention in the North East....
Not as GNE as they are cutting 20 plus buses out every evening with the service cuts from the 24th (I haven't added them all up yet but it's over 20)

Pages (6): Previous 14 5 6

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average