Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What has amused you/made you laugh today?

What has amused you/made you laugh today?

What has amused you/made you laugh today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (50): Previous 148 49 50
02 Dec 2023, 10:56 pm #981
Taking a photo of Stagecoach NE 22081 on Northumberland Street earlier today being used for a Santa’s grotto and a middle aged woman comes past and they said “they’ve got a nerve doing that” obviously thinking it’s a GNE bus.

Do they not realise that it’s Stagecoach. Guess to some people they all look the same.

[Image: bfc84438ca32e0a12c2163e2f2ed8e97.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
02 Dec 2023, 10:56 pm #981

Taking a photo of Stagecoach NE 22081 on Northumberland Street earlier today being used for a Santa’s grotto and a middle aged woman comes past and they said “they’ve got a nerve doing that” obviously thinking it’s a GNE bus.

Do they not realise that it’s Stagecoach. Guess to some people they all look the same.

BusLoverMum

02 Dec 2023, 11:22 pm #982
(02 Dec 2023, 10:56 pm)TEN 6083 Taking a photo of Stagecoach NE 22081 on Northumberland Street earlier today being used for a Santa’s grotto and a middle aged woman comes past and they said “they’ve got a nerve doing that” obviously thinking it’s a GNE bus.

I can't think why she was confused by it...
BusLoverMum
02 Dec 2023, 11:22 pm #982

(02 Dec 2023, 10:56 pm)TEN 6083 Taking a photo of Stagecoach NE 22081 on Northumberland Street earlier today being used for a Santa’s grotto and a middle aged woman comes past and they said “they’ve got a nerve doing that” obviously thinking it’s a GNE bus.

I can't think why she was confused by it...

14 Dec 2023, 6:54 pm #983

When I was drivin they were all same colour. We may as well get back to that for all the notice some people take

Former PTE driver many year back. Turned over a new leaf since my last time here
BIG MICK STOKOE
14 Dec 2023, 6:54 pm #983

When I was drivin they were all same colour. We may as well get back to that for all the notice some people take

Former PTE driver many year back. Turned over a new leaf since my last time here

F114TML

14 Dec 2023, 10:39 pm #984
(02 Dec 2023, 11:22 pm)BusLoverMum I can't think why she was confused by it...

There is a joke in SC that people try to hail our DT bus (which happens an alarming amount, same with Not in Service) and when it doesn't stop, it's GNE that get the complaint cos it's red!
Edited 14 Dec 2023, 10:40 pm by F114TML.
F114TML
14 Dec 2023, 10:39 pm #984

(02 Dec 2023, 11:22 pm)BusLoverMum I can't think why she was confused by it...

There is a joke in SC that people try to hail our DT bus (which happens an alarming amount, same with Not in Service) and when it doesn't stop, it's GNE that get the complaint cos it's red!

15 Dec 2023, 8:09 am #985
(14 Dec 2023, 10:39 pm)F114TML There is a joke in SC that people try to hail our DT bus (which happens an alarming amount, same with Not in Service) and when it doesn't stop, it's GNE that get the complaint cos it's red!

Some people will try and hail ANYTHING!

A few years ago one of my friends bought one of the local minibuses.  It was debranded, although still in the base livery.  A week or so before Christmas we decorated it with trees, tinsel and baubles, set the destination blind to read "Straight to Cuba", and drove down our local High Street.  It was astonishing the number of people that put their hand out to hail us.  And there were about six different routes that went along there, so they would have HAD to have looked at the bus to see if we were the correct route for them .....
Ianthegoon
15 Dec 2023, 8:09 am #985

(14 Dec 2023, 10:39 pm)F114TML There is a joke in SC that people try to hail our DT bus (which happens an alarming amount, same with Not in Service) and when it doesn't stop, it's GNE that get the complaint cos it's red!

Some people will try and hail ANYTHING!

A few years ago one of my friends bought one of the local minibuses.  It was debranded, although still in the base livery.  A week or so before Christmas we decorated it with trees, tinsel and baubles, set the destination blind to read "Straight to Cuba", and drove down our local High Street.  It was astonishing the number of people that put their hand out to hail us.  And there were about six different routes that went along there, so they would have HAD to have looked at the bus to see if we were the correct route for them .....

Rob44

15 Dec 2023, 9:04 am #986
When i had my focus RS i wnet to pick the crocodile up from Gateshead metro. Whe was standing by the taxi rank so i stopped to pick her up - several people tried to get in thinking it was a taxi!! It was only a two door in Ultimate green!
Rob44
15 Dec 2023, 9:04 am #986

When i had my focus RS i wnet to pick the crocodile up from Gateshead metro. Whe was standing by the taxi rank so i stopped to pick her up - several people tried to get in thinking it was a taxi!! It was only a two door in Ultimate green!

Andreos1

15 Dec 2023, 9:37 am #987
(15 Dec 2023, 9:04 am)Rob44 When i had my focus RS i wnet to pick the crocodile up from Gateshead metro.  Whe was standing by the taxi rank so i stopped to pick her up - several people tried to get in thinking it was a taxi!!    It was only a two door in Ultimate green!

So not the ex-Crocodile anymore?

Think we need to have a thread about the Rob44, the Penthouse and the Crocodile. Just to keep up.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
15 Dec 2023, 9:37 am #987

(15 Dec 2023, 9:04 am)Rob44 When i had my focus RS i wnet to pick the crocodile up from Gateshead metro.  Whe was standing by the taxi rank so i stopped to pick her up - several people tried to get in thinking it was a taxi!!    It was only a two door in Ultimate green!

So not the ex-Crocodile anymore?

Think we need to have a thread about the Rob44, the Penthouse and the Crocodile. Just to keep up.

F114TML

15 Dec 2023, 9:42 am #988
(15 Dec 2023, 8:09 am)Ianthegoon Some people will try and hail ANYTHING!

If you're sat at a bus stop not in service peoole will always come up and ask what number bus it is.

It is one of the most infuriating things.
F114TML
15 Dec 2023, 9:42 am #988

(15 Dec 2023, 8:09 am)Ianthegoon Some people will try and hail ANYTHING!

If you're sat at a bus stop not in service peoole will always come up and ask what number bus it is.

It is one of the most infuriating things.

Rob44

15 Dec 2023, 10:31 am #989
(15 Dec 2023, 9:37 am)Andreos1 So not the ex-Crocodile anymore?

Oh yeh still ex.Shes got my car though so im using the bus more!!
Rob44
15 Dec 2023, 10:31 am #989

(15 Dec 2023, 9:37 am)Andreos1 So not the ex-Crocodile anymore?

Oh yeh still ex.Shes got my car though so im using the bus more!!

Andreos1

15 Dec 2023, 10:37 am #990
(15 Dec 2023, 10:31 am)Rob44 Oh yeh still ex.Shes got my car though so im using the bus more!!

Eh? What? The ex-Crocodile ended it, you ended up in a Penthouse, but she got the car?!

Andreos1
15 Dec 2023, 10:37 am #990

(15 Dec 2023, 10:31 am)Rob44 Oh yeh still ex.Shes got my car though so im using the bus more!!

Eh? What? The ex-Crocodile ended it, you ended up in a Penthouse, but she got the car?!

Rob44

15 Dec 2023, 12:02 pm #991
(15 Dec 2023, 10:37 am)Andreos1 Eh? What? The ex-Crocodile ended it, you ended up in a Penthouse, but she got the car?!

as you would put on FB  - its complicated!
Rob44
15 Dec 2023, 12:02 pm #991

(15 Dec 2023, 10:37 am)Andreos1 Eh? What? The ex-Crocodile ended it, you ended up in a Penthouse, but she got the car?!

as you would put on FB  - its complicated!

Unber43

22 Jan 2024, 9:28 pm #992
Due to Storm Isha there were several Ryanair Flights diverted to different airports and there were some funny ones...

- Copenhagen to Dublin, diverted to Manchester. After 4 hours on ground, the aircraft took off again to make another attempt to reach Dublin. 3 hours later it diverted to Liverpool, 50 km away from Manchester.
- A Flight from Manchester to Dublin got diverted via Belfast, for the plane to miss the runway approach and is now back in Manchester after 3 hours
- From Tenerife to Dublin diverted to Bordeaux
- A flight from Budapest to Standard was diverted to Manchester to be diverted back to Budapest
- Tenerife to Edinburgh, circled Edinburgh and ended up in Cologne
- Another flight from Manchester to Dublin ended up in Paris (you would think they would learn)
Unber43
22 Jan 2024, 9:28 pm #992

Due to Storm Isha there were several Ryanair Flights diverted to different airports and there were some funny ones...

- Copenhagen to Dublin, diverted to Manchester. After 4 hours on ground, the aircraft took off again to make another attempt to reach Dublin. 3 hours later it diverted to Liverpool, 50 km away from Manchester.
- A Flight from Manchester to Dublin got diverted via Belfast, for the plane to miss the runway approach and is now back in Manchester after 3 hours
- A flight from Budapest to Standard was diverted to Manchester to be diverted back to Budapest
- Another flight from Manchester to Dublin ended up in Paris (you would think they would learn)

BusLoverMum

23 Jan 2024, 12:11 am #993
(22 Jan 2024, 9:28 pm)Unber43 Due to Storm Isha there were several Ryanair Flights diverted to different airports and there were some funny ones...

Apparently Big Jet TV was well watched, last night and there were people collectively viewing flight radar on Mumsnet!
BusLoverMum
23 Jan 2024, 12:11 am #993

(22 Jan 2024, 9:28 pm)Unber43 Due to Storm Isha there were several Ryanair Flights diverted to different airports and there were some funny ones...

Apparently Big Jet TV was well watched, last night and there were people collectively viewing flight radar on Mumsnet!

13 Mar 2024, 6:41 pm #994
On the way home and someone stopped the bus to ask if the driver had seen the Arriva 5 as it was running late and they'd saw one driving towards Bishop.

The driver responded "was it a Streetlite?" As we went past one pulled up the lane behind the old B&M.

As if the average passenger is going to know the difference between 2 different types of bus, never mind the model name!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
13 Mar 2024, 6:41 pm #994

On the way home and someone stopped the bus to ask if the driver had seen the Arriva 5 as it was running late and they'd saw one driving towards Bishop.

The driver responded "was it a Streetlite?" As we went past one pulled up the lane behind the old B&M.

As if the average passenger is going to know the difference between 2 different types of bus, never mind the model name!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

Pages (50): Previous 148 49 50

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average