Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What has amused you/made you laugh today?

What has amused you/made you laugh today?

What has amused you/made you laugh today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (50) Previous 147 48 49 50 Next
11 Sep 2022, 1:19 am #941
Seen someone complaining on GNE’s Facebook page about the 35 that they’re using old buses (mostly 11 plate Versas) and calling the SD Cherry Citaros “newer buses” when they’re 08 plates.

Here’s their comment:

Any reason why the majority of the 35 service is now old style buses which can only cater for 1 pushchair/wheelchair? School runs this week have been impossible, we rely on the bus for school as our son can walk long distances due to disabilities but every day there and back there is already another school run parent with a pushchair using this space,
It's confusing as you have cut many services but have gone back to using old buses when surely that should make more sufficient buses available? the 35 has always generally been the newer buses which caters for 2 pushchairs. How long are these old buses going to be used for?

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
11 Sep 2022, 1:19 am #941

Seen someone complaining on GNE’s Facebook page about the 35 that they’re using old buses (mostly 11 plate Versas) and calling the SD Cherry Citaros “newer buses” when they’re 08 plates.

Here’s their comment:

Any reason why the majority of the 35 service is now old style buses which can only cater for 1 pushchair/wheelchair? School runs this week have been impossible, we rely on the bus for school as our son can walk long distances due to disabilities but every day there and back there is already another school run parent with a pushchair using this space,
It's confusing as you have cut many services but have gone back to using old buses when surely that should make more sufficient buses available? the 35 has always generally been the newer buses which caters for 2 pushchairs. How long are these old buses going to be used for?

Unber43

11 Sep 2022, 9:53 am #942
(11 Sep 2022, 1:19 am)TEN 6083 Seen someone complaining on GNE’s Facebook page about the 35 that they’re using old buses (mostly 11 plate Versas) and calling the SD Cherry Citaros “newer buses” when they’re 08 plates.

Here’s their comment:

But to anyone who doesn't read the plates the Citaros are a hell of a lot nicer than any versa's, probably on par with the ex-QuayCity versa's. 

But they're referencing to 5507/8 I think which only have one wheelchair bay, and no buggy bay.
Unber43
11 Sep 2022, 9:53 am #942

(11 Sep 2022, 1:19 am)TEN 6083 Seen someone complaining on GNE’s Facebook page about the 35 that they’re using old buses (mostly 11 plate Versas) and calling the SD Cherry Citaros “newer buses” when they’re 08 plates.

Here’s their comment:

But to anyone who doesn't read the plates the Citaros are a hell of a lot nicer than any versa's, probably on par with the ex-QuayCity versa's. 

But they're referencing to 5507/8 I think which only have one wheelchair bay, and no buggy bay.

11 Sep 2022, 4:27 pm #943
As I've said before, I care more about the interior spec than the age of a vehicle. I'd happily take a refurbished Omnidekka with tables, 240V sockets, and comfy seats over Arriva's new E400s!
streetdeckfan
11 Sep 2022, 4:27 pm #943

As I've said before, I care more about the interior spec than the age of a vehicle. I'd happily take a refurbished Omnidekka with tables, 240V sockets, and comfy seats over Arriva's new E400s!

Unber43

11 Sep 2022, 4:58 pm #944
(11 Sep 2022, 4:27 pm)streetdeckfan As I've said before, I care more about the interior spec than the age of a vehicle. I'd happily take a refurbished Omnidekka with tables, 240V sockets, and comfy seats over Arriva's new E400s!
I totally agree. 

Some of the interior of GNE "normal service" buses are awful, the Optares especially the insides of the 10-11 Plates, they de-colour to an awful yellow.
Unber43
11 Sep 2022, 4:58 pm #944

(11 Sep 2022, 4:27 pm)streetdeckfan As I've said before, I care more about the interior spec than the age of a vehicle. I'd happily take a refurbished Omnidekka with tables, 240V sockets, and comfy seats over Arriva's new E400s!
I totally agree. 

Some of the interior of GNE "normal service" buses are awful, the Optares especially the insides of the 10-11 Plates, they de-colour to an awful yellow.

Adrian

11 Sep 2022, 7:14 pm #945

Here’s their comment:

The Citaros look like a more modern bus, both inside and out. The Versa is a design that hasn't really aged well, plus the interiors (even the Berries ones that were re-trimmed) look extremely scruffy. Have a look at one of the ceilings next time you're on one. 

The Versas can cater for two pushchairs or one wheelchair though, so I'm not sure what their complaint is in that respect.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
11 Sep 2022, 7:14 pm #945

Here’s their comment:

The Citaros look like a more modern bus, both inside and out. The Versa is a design that hasn't really aged well, plus the interiors (even the Berries ones that were re-trimmed) look extremely scruffy. Have a look at one of the ceilings next time you're on one. 

The Versas can cater for two pushchairs or one wheelchair though, so I'm not sure what their complaint is in that respect.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

11 Sep 2022, 7:43 pm #946
(11 Sep 2022, 7:14 pm)Adrian The Citaros look like a more modern bus, both inside and out. The Versa is a design that hasn't really aged well, plus the interiors (even the Berries ones that were re-trimmed) look extremely scruffy. Have a look at one of the ceilings next time you're on one. 

I think you get what you pay for, Aurelion.

In terms of cars, (and as a Daewoo enthusiast - it pains me to say it) Mercedes is more prestigious than a Daewoo with better interior build quality and a German engine to boot. In a similar context, I would imagine Mercedes build better buses than Optare with the Citaro being superior to the Versa in terms of build quality. To maintain a Daewoo is a labour of love whilst even a tatty looking Mercedes still looks classy.
Clifton Hignett III
11 Sep 2022, 7:43 pm #946

(11 Sep 2022, 7:14 pm)Adrian The Citaros look like a more modern bus, both inside and out. The Versa is a design that hasn't really aged well, plus the interiors (even the Berries ones that were re-trimmed) look extremely scruffy. Have a look at one of the ceilings next time you're on one. 

I think you get what you pay for, Aurelion.

In terms of cars, (and as a Daewoo enthusiast - it pains me to say it) Mercedes is more prestigious than a Daewoo with better interior build quality and a German engine to boot. In a similar context, I would imagine Mercedes build better buses than Optare with the Citaro being superior to the Versa in terms of build quality. To maintain a Daewoo is a labour of love whilst even a tatty looking Mercedes still looks classy.

Jimmi

11 Sep 2022, 8:12 pm #947

As Unber43 pointed out, 5507/08 (plus 8347) only have the wheelchair bay on the drivers side and general seating on the opposite side with 8347 additionally having a small luggage bay instead of the sideways seats next to the door (much like how Transdev have spec'd their examples).
Jimmi
11 Sep 2022, 8:12 pm #947

As Unber43 pointed out, 5507/08 (plus 8347) only have the wheelchair bay on the drivers side and general seating on the opposite side with 8347 additionally having a small luggage bay instead of the sideways seats next to the door (much like how Transdev have spec'd their examples).

19 Sep 2022, 10:33 am #948
I'd hate to be that guy that dropped the paper at the funeral!
streetdeckfan
19 Sep 2022, 10:33 am #948

I'd hate to be that guy that dropped the paper at the funeral!

Andreos1

19 Sep 2022, 11:11 am #949
(19 Sep 2022, 10:33 am)streetdeckfan I'd hate to be that guy that dropped the paper at the funeral!

Was his shopping list.

Zoomed in and managed to work out he was after:
2 pints of milk 
White sliced loaf
20 B&H 
A copy of Razzle

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
19 Sep 2022, 11:11 am #949

(19 Sep 2022, 10:33 am)streetdeckfan I'd hate to be that guy that dropped the paper at the funeral!

Was his shopping list.

Zoomed in and managed to work out he was after:
2 pints of milk 
White sliced loaf
20 B&H 
A copy of Razzle

tcts24

07 Oct 2022, 4:41 pm #950
There's some great admin responses to comments on a post promoting concessionary pass use
.jpg
stag.jpg
Size 144.04 KB / Downloads 19
.jpg
stag2.jpg
Size 151.62 KB / Downloads 15
tcts24
07 Oct 2022, 4:41 pm #950

There's some great admin responses to comments on a post promoting concessionary pass use

.jpg
stag.jpg
Size 144.04 KB / Downloads 19
.jpg
stag2.jpg
Size 151.62 KB / Downloads 15

BusLoverMum

07 Oct 2022, 6:31 pm #951
Wow. Not a great way to win customer loyalty.
BusLoverMum
07 Oct 2022, 6:31 pm #951

Wow. Not a great way to win customer loyalty.

Michael

07 Oct 2022, 6:44 pm #952
(07 Oct 2022, 4:41 pm)tcts24 There's some great admin responses to comments on a post promoting concessionary pass use

Sure that's a fake account replying.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Oct 2022, 6:44 pm #952

(07 Oct 2022, 4:41 pm)tcts24 There's some great admin responses to comments on a post promoting concessionary pass use

Sure that's a fake account replying.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

07 Oct 2022, 7:08 pm #953
(07 Oct 2022, 6:44 pm)Michael Sure that's a fake account replying.

Aye, 'customer support' is a well known spoof/troll account.

https://www.facebook.com/theamazingtrollman

Andreos1
07 Oct 2022, 7:08 pm #953

(07 Oct 2022, 6:44 pm)Michael Sure that's a fake account replying.

Aye, 'customer support' is a well known spoof/troll account.

https://www.facebook.com/theamazingtrollman

Unber43

14 Oct 2022, 9:29 pm #954
I saw on twitter that GNE are running a full page add for bus drivers, and I thought it was hilarious that the person they were using had apparently left GNE according to the comments.
Unber43
14 Oct 2022, 9:29 pm #954

I saw on twitter that GNE are running a full page add for bus drivers, and I thought it was hilarious that the person they were using had apparently left GNE according to the comments.

Andreos1

15 Dec 2022, 1:14 pm #955
https://twitter.com/creatingdesire/statu...hhOZ86JyNQ&s=19

The sweet, sweet delicious irony! Made me chuckle anyway. Nearly choked on my fizzy pop.

Andreos1
15 Dec 2022, 1:14 pm #955

https://twitter.com/creatingdesire/statu...hhOZ86JyNQ&s=19

The sweet, sweet delicious irony! Made me chuckle anyway. Nearly choked on my fizzy pop.

21 Jan 2023, 3:52 pm #956
https://www.hexham-courant.co.uk/news/23...e-service/

Looking on Facebook this afternoon and see this article from the Hexham Courant and it’s my photo I took last October, they could’ve asked at least and not take them without permission and they’ve credited it to Stagecoach. Cheeky sods.

https://flic.kr/p/2nViZgX

TEN 6083
21 Jan 2023, 3:52 pm #956

https://www.hexham-courant.co.uk/news/23...e-service/

Looking on Facebook this afternoon and see this article from the Hexham Courant and it’s my photo I took last October, they could’ve asked at least and not take them without permission and they’ve credited it to Stagecoach. Cheeky sods.

BusLoverMum

21 Jan 2023, 7:11 pm #957
(21 Jan 2023, 3:52 pm)TEN 6083 https://www.hexham-courant.co.uk/news/23...e-service/

They didn't even get the name of one of the bus companies right, in the caption.
BusLoverMum
21 Jan 2023, 7:11 pm #957

(21 Jan 2023, 3:52 pm)TEN 6083 https://www.hexham-courant.co.uk/news/23...e-service/

They didn't even get the name of one of the bus companies right, in the caption.

Andreos1

27 Jan 2023, 1:23 pm #958
Davey Bowyer will be all over this!

No Volvo Olympian though,

Andreos1
27 Jan 2023, 1:23 pm #958

Davey Bowyer will be all over this!

No Volvo Olympian though,

BusLoverMum

27 Jan 2023, 7:42 pm #959
Rolig Big Grin
BusLoverMum
27 Jan 2023, 7:42 pm #959

Rolig Big Grin

16 Feb 2023, 10:12 pm #960
Encountered a driver at Blyth Bus Station who I'm aware seems to be friendly/slightly flirtatious. Too bad he wears a wedding ring Dodgy
solsburian
16 Feb 2023, 10:12 pm #960

Encountered a driver at Blyth Bus Station who I'm aware seems to be friendly/slightly flirtatious. Too bad he wears a wedding ring Dodgy

Pages (50) Previous 147 48 49 50 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average