Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 1148 149 150
Storx

14 Apr 2024, 12:51 pm #2,981
(14 Apr 2024, 11:44 am)col87 Ok the X10 takes longer than the train but it’s still always packed end to end so that’s not really an excuse. The X5 used to work as did the 231 before Go North East got rid of them so am fairly confident it would work now.  My X1 idea would be limited stop so really it would only be. Hartlepool Interchange, Hartlepool Victoria Road, Mill House, Dyke House School, University Hospital, All stops Throston Grange and all stops Hart Village, Dalton Park, Easington Lane clock, Houghton Le Spring, then whatever stop it is to Washington then more or less direct to Newcastle so am fairly sure it would work.

The X10 takes an hour from Peterlee, the X1 from Dalton Park would 90 mins+ though.

That's the big problem, also the slow part of the train is between Hartlepool and Middlesbrough as it goes on a magical detour around Stockton, Hartlepool to Newcastle is much more competitive on the train. Remember the X10, serves Peterlee, Billingham and Stockton which aren't really on the railway line at all aswell and it has had it's frequency cut in half recently aswell.
Edited 14 Apr 2024, 12:52 pm by Storx.
Storx
14 Apr 2024, 12:51 pm #2,981

(14 Apr 2024, 11:44 am)col87 Ok the X10 takes longer than the train but it’s still always packed end to end so that’s not really an excuse. The X5 used to work as did the 231 before Go North East got rid of them so am fairly confident it would work now.  My X1 idea would be limited stop so really it would only be. Hartlepool Interchange, Hartlepool Victoria Road, Mill House, Dyke House School, University Hospital, All stops Throston Grange and all stops Hart Village, Dalton Park, Easington Lane clock, Houghton Le Spring, then whatever stop it is to Washington then more or less direct to Newcastle so am fairly sure it would work.

The X10 takes an hour from Peterlee, the X1 from Dalton Park would 90 mins+ though.

That's the big problem, also the slow part of the train is between Hartlepool and Middlesbrough as it goes on a magical detour around Stockton, Hartlepool to Newcastle is much more competitive on the train. Remember the X10, serves Peterlee, Billingham and Stockton which aren't really on the railway line at all aswell and it has had it's frequency cut in half recently aswell.

Storx

14 Apr 2024, 1:21 pm #2,982
Been watching these 2/2A ideas but imo you'd be better making a Sunderland super loop which combines the 2/8 together instead, with expresses running inbetween resulting in this.

1/1A (Sunderland Loop): Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Penshaw - Rickleton - Ayton - Washington - HMRC - Castletown - Southwark - Sunderland
X2: Washington - Fatfield - Penshaw - [LIMITED STOP] - Royal Hospital - [LIMITED STOP] - Sunderland - Silksworth
X2A: Pennywell - [NON STOP] - Royal Hospital - [LIMITED STOP] - Sunderland - Silksworth
39A/B: All terminate at Sunderland

The Washington side as a result would look like this

(1/1A - Purple, 8 - Green, X2 - Pink, 50 - Blue)

and the Sunderland side looking like this:

(1/1A - Purple, X2/X2A - Pink, 35/35A - Yellow, 16 - Green, Combined - Black)

It would clean up both sides imo, with the 1/1A/16/35 all working together to give a 7.5 minute service (16 dropped in frequency) at the Sunderland side and a much much cleaner service in Washington with the 50 sped up and no real lost links on the 8 as they're mostly covered by the 78 anyway. We might aswell assume it's all franchising soon pretty much.

It's bonkers there's no bus service between Washington and the Stadium of Light, this would now cover it and a new express service with the X2 between Washington and Sunderland. There's way too many stopping buses along Chester Road currently. 7.5 mins is more than enough, with the 78 and 8 (SNE) running there aswell.
Edited 14 Apr 2024, 1:23 pm by Storx.
Storx
14 Apr 2024, 1:21 pm #2,982

Been watching these 2/2A ideas but imo you'd be better making a Sunderland super loop which combines the 2/8 together instead, with expresses running inbetween resulting in this.

1/1A (Sunderland Loop): Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Penshaw - Rickleton - Ayton - Washington - HMRC - Castletown - Southwark - Sunderland
X2: Washington - Fatfield - Penshaw - [LIMITED STOP] - Royal Hospital - [LIMITED STOP] - Sunderland - Silksworth
X2A: Pennywell - [NON STOP] - Royal Hospital - [LIMITED STOP] - Sunderland - Silksworth

It would clean up both sides imo, with the 1/1A/16/35 all working together to give a 7.5 minute service (16 dropped in frequency) at the Sunderland side and a much much cleaner service in Washington with the 50 sped up and no real lost links on the 8 as they're mostly covered by the 78 anyway. We might aswell assume it's all franchising soon pretty much.

It's bonkers there's no bus service between Washington and the Stadium of Light, this would now cover it and a new express service with the X2 between Washington and Sunderland. There's way too many stopping buses along Chester Road currently. 7.5 mins is more than enough, with the 78 and 8 (SNE) running there aswell.

Andreos1

14 Apr 2024, 2:24 pm #2,983
(14 Apr 2024, 1:21 pm)Storx Been watching these 2/2A ideas but imo you'd be better making a Sunderland super loop which combines the 2/8 together instead, with expresses running inbetween resulting in this.

They did something similar between getting rid of the X4, 185, 186 & 638 and introducing the 2.
Was only short lived mind. I think it was numbered something like the 773 and 774.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Apr 2024, 2:24 pm #2,983

(14 Apr 2024, 1:21 pm)Storx Been watching these 2/2A ideas but imo you'd be better making a Sunderland super loop which combines the 2/8 together instead, with expresses running inbetween resulting in this.

They did something similar between getting rid of the X4, 185, 186 & 638 and introducing the 2.
Was only short lived mind. I think it was numbered something like the 773 and 774.

MurdnunoC

14 Apr 2024, 6:00 pm #2,984
(14 Apr 2024, 2:24 pm)Andreos1 They did something similar between getting rid of the X4, 185, 186 & 638 and introducing the 2.
It was. The 773/774 was later shortened to the 73/74 of which the 73 remained until its withdrawal reletively recently.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
MurdnunoC
14 Apr 2024, 6:00 pm #2,984

(14 Apr 2024, 2:24 pm)Andreos1 They did something similar between getting rid of the X4, 185, 186 & 638 and introducing the 2.
It was. The 773/774 was later shortened to the 73/74 of which the 73 remained until its withdrawal reletively recently.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Storx

14 Apr 2024, 7:01 pm #2,985

Must admit, can't remember that one. Remember the 8 going along Chester Road though, and the 73 I believe which covered that before as mentioned after.

The 8 is just a bizarre route to me, just a long route with arguably very little people wanting to cross Washington as there's alternative services doing the same areas (50 or 78) and not an awful lot along the route. It might've been decent service to get the ship workers to the docks but that boat last sailed over 30 year ago. 

Feels like it's a service which is being ran for reasons beyond money at the Eastern side, ie GNE don't want competition between Washington / Castletown and Sunderland.
Edited 14 Apr 2024, 7:04 pm by Storx.
Storx
14 Apr 2024, 7:01 pm #2,985

Must admit, can't remember that one. Remember the 8 going along Chester Road though, and the 73 I believe which covered that before as mentioned after.

The 8 is just a bizarre route to me, just a long route with arguably very little people wanting to cross Washington as there's alternative services doing the same areas (50 or 78) and not an awful lot along the route. It might've been decent service to get the ship workers to the docks but that boat last sailed over 30 year ago. 

Feels like it's a service which is being ran for reasons beyond money at the Eastern side, ie GNE don't want competition between Washington / Castletown and Sunderland.

Andreos1

14 Apr 2024, 7:50 pm #2,986
(14 Apr 2024, 7:01 pm)Storx Must admit, can't remember that one. Remember the 8 going along Chester Road though, and the 73 I believe which covered that before as mentioned after.

Yeah, they renumbered it after a year or so to the 73 and 74.
Then not long after that, it became the 2 and they axed the northern part of the route.
The original numbering presumably designed to work alongside the 775, 777 etc. 

One of my biggest issues with the 8 and 50, is that they're timed to basically follow each other from Chester towards Washington AND from Washington towards Chester.
An entire hour to play with and they decide to run them together.

It's been like that for years and I can't see them changing it now.
Edited 14 Apr 2024, 7:52 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
14 Apr 2024, 7:50 pm #2,986

(14 Apr 2024, 7:01 pm)Storx Must admit, can't remember that one. Remember the 8 going along Chester Road though, and the 73 I believe which covered that before as mentioned after.

Yeah, they renumbered it after a year or so to the 73 and 74.
Then not long after that, it became the 2 and they axed the northern part of the route.

One of my biggest issues with the 8 and 50, is that they're timed to basically follow each other from Chester towards Washington AND from Washington towards Chester.

Storx

14 Apr 2024, 8:17 pm #2,987
(14 Apr 2024, 7:50 pm)Andreos1 Yeah, they renumbered it after a year or so to the 73 and 74.

Ah fairs, interesting.

The whole of East Birtley / SW Washington is just a complete mess if you ask me, got the 8 going express doing arguably nothing, the 50 going on magical mystery tour around every door it can when people actually want to travel through then the 25 and 81/82/82A/83/37 or whatever number we're going for this week existing in some different form every week.

Compete mess, as an understatement and arguably the worst part of the network in the whole of Tyne and Wear other than parts of North Tyneside which is much the same. Hopefully it's the sort of place they get a grip of if franchising comes in rather than doing more of the same.
Edited 14 Apr 2024, 8:19 pm by Storx.
Storx
14 Apr 2024, 8:17 pm #2,987

(14 Apr 2024, 7:50 pm)Andreos1 Yeah, they renumbered it after a year or so to the 73 and 74.

Ah fairs, interesting.

The whole of East Birtley / SW Washington is just a complete mess if you ask me, got the 8 going express doing arguably nothing, the 50 going on magical mystery tour around every door it can when people actually want to travel through then the 25 and 81/82/82A/83/37 or whatever number we're going for this week existing in some different form every week.

Compete mess, as an understatement and arguably the worst part of the network in the whole of Tyne and Wear other than parts of North Tyneside which is much the same. Hopefully it's the sort of place they get a grip of if franchising comes in rather than doing more of the same.

Pages (150) Previous 1148 149 150

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average