Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 1147 148 149 150 Next
Storx

04 Apr 2024, 9:24 pm #2,941
(04 Apr 2024, 9:07 pm)L469 YVK You do have some really good ideas.

Ideally, Arriva's withdrawal in North Tyneside should've been the case of Nexus sitting down with GNE, Stagecoach and where applicable Arriva to try and work out a clean set of commercial (or subsidised where needed) local / secondary services. But no, same old duplication issues such as the 37 & 352 and 38 & 355 and 354 & X63.

Agreed, to me the bigger problem is the services are too infrequent. Like all of the 335/342/351/352/353/354 and 359 are pretty much useless in their current form and it's no surprise most of them are dead bar ironically the two sections they combine to be every 30 minutes.

It's no use being hourly, you've got a GP appointment at 12pm, the bus gets there at 12:05pm / 13:05pm - absolutely no use, leave the GP appointment, the bus is due 45 minutes. It's completely unusable and it's not like, sorry I need to leave now half way through an appointment.

It's not like they're serving the outback either, like I can understand the X14 to Rothbury being hourly it's a rural service so makes sense, these are services in a completely urban area. Excluding the 335, it's pointless anyway and the 359 which has always been subsisided, these were all commercial services at a 30 minute frequencies, and even more in the past, just pre Covid, it's not like we're talking about radical new routes either. Surely this is where BSIP should be going, not the 56.

The 351/354(355) is the biggest one, this was a route which got brand new Renowns, which we branded, in the late 90's and the 305 which used to be Deckers, yet now something has changed that they can't run at all...
Edited 04 Apr 2024, 9:27 pm by Storx.
Storx
04 Apr 2024, 9:24 pm #2,941

(04 Apr 2024, 9:07 pm)L469 YVK You do have some really good ideas.

Ideally, Arriva's withdrawal in North Tyneside should've been the case of Nexus sitting down with GNE, Stagecoach and where applicable Arriva to try and work out a clean set of commercial (or subsidised where needed) local / secondary services. But no, same old duplication issues such as the 37 & 352 and 38 & 355 and 354 & X63.

Agreed, to me the bigger problem is the services are too infrequent. Like all of the 335/342/351/352/353/354 and 359 are pretty much useless in their current form and it's no surprise most of them are dead bar ironically the two sections they combine to be every 30 minutes.

It's no use being hourly, you've got a GP appointment at 12pm, the bus gets there at 12:05pm / 13:05pm - absolutely no use, leave the GP appointment, the bus is due 45 minutes. It's completely unusable and it's not like, sorry I need to leave now half way through an appointment.

It's not like they're serving the outback either, like I can understand the X14 to Rothbury being hourly it's a rural service so makes sense, these are services in a completely urban area. Excluding the 335, it's pointless anyway and the 359 which has always been subsisided, these were all commercial services at a 30 minute frequencies, and even more in the past, just pre Covid, it's not like we're talking about radical new routes either. Surely this is where BSIP should be going, not the 56.

The 351/354(355) is the biggest one, this was a route which got brand new Renowns, which we branded, in the late 90's and the 305 which used to be Deckers, yet now something has changed that they can't run at all...

04 Apr 2024, 9:34 pm #2,942
(04 Apr 2024, 9:20 pm)Andreos1 Was it the Wiltshire Drive bit that sold it to you?

How many different buses have served this over the years, i know the 307 did, arriva had another X8 & X9 for a while. I'm not local to this area so I only know whats on the nexus area maps.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
04 Apr 2024, 9:34 pm #2,942

(04 Apr 2024, 9:20 pm)Andreos1 Was it the Wiltshire Drive bit that sold it to you?

How many different buses have served this over the years, i know the 307 did, arriva had another X8 & X9 for a while. I'm not local to this area so I only know whats on the nexus area maps.

Andreos1

05 Apr 2024, 8:58 am #2,943
(04 Apr 2024, 9:34 pm)ASX_Terranova How many different buses have served this over the years, i know the 307 did, arriva had another X8 & X9 for a while. I'm not local to this area so I only know whats on the nexus area maps.

There's been a few and if a certain member had his way, a few more. 

But, what's key is that nothing ever seems to work. 
Would love to know why. I've a feeling it's because not everyone needs or wants to go the places the bus operators insist on serving. So patronage is low. 
But that's for another thread and I don't want to sound like a broken record.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Apr 2024, 8:58 am #2,943

(04 Apr 2024, 9:34 pm)ASX_Terranova How many different buses have served this over the years, i know the 307 did, arriva had another X8 & X9 for a while. I'm not local to this area so I only know whats on the nexus area maps.

There's been a few and if a certain member had his way, a few more. 

Would love to know why. I've a feeling it's because not everyone needs or wants to go the places the bus operators insist on serving. So patronage is low. 

05 Apr 2024, 9:06 am #2,944
(05 Apr 2024, 8:58 am)Andreos1 There's been a few and if a certain member had his way, a few more. 

I'm assuming most people want to go into Newcastle. Other than that you probably need ticket data for a decent answer. 

Are the days of longer but direct i.e 185/186 gone now
Edited 05 Apr 2024, 9:08 am by ASX_Terranova.

ASX_Terranova
05 Apr 2024, 9:06 am #2,944

(05 Apr 2024, 8:58 am)Andreos1 There's been a few and if a certain member had his way, a few more. 

I'm assuming most people want to go into Newcastle. Other than that you probably need ticket data for a decent answer. 

L469 YVK

05 Apr 2024, 10:44 am #2,945
Just in general although would be better a clean set of Coast Road services doing Battle Hill - Selby Gardens - Coast Road - Newcastle every 7-8 minutes (with a half hourly X38 also replacing the 308) then a half-hourly 300/305 like service picking up Hadrian Park, High Farm, Wiltshire Drive and Cross Avenue. But unfortunately, the big three and Nexus don't want to sit down.
L469 YVK
05 Apr 2024, 10:44 am #2,945

Just in general although would be better a clean set of Coast Road services doing Battle Hill - Selby Gardens - Coast Road - Newcastle every 7-8 minutes (with a half hourly X38 also replacing the 308) then a half-hourly 300/305 like service picking up Hadrian Park, High Farm, Wiltshire Drive and Cross Avenue. But unfortunately, the big three and Nexus don't want to sit down.

Andreos1

05 Apr 2024, 11:20 am #2,946
(05 Apr 2024, 9:06 am)ASX_Terranova I'm assuming most people want to go into Newcastle. Other than that you probably need ticket data for a decent answer. 

I'd guess that people don't always want to be in Newcastle. 
Quorum, Cobalt and other major employer sites nearby would be where they're heading in the main. Is my guess anyway. 

I'd also guess that flows would be different during the day, bank holidays, weekends, match days etc. 

Ticket data won't give any operator in the world information on where car drivers are going.
Edited 05 Apr 2024, 11:31 am by Andreos1.

Andreos1
05 Apr 2024, 11:20 am #2,946

(05 Apr 2024, 9:06 am)ASX_Terranova I'm assuming most people want to go into Newcastle. Other than that you probably need ticket data for a decent answer. 

I'd guess that people don't always want to be in Newcastle. 
Quorum, Cobalt and other major employer sites nearby would be where they're heading in the main. Is my guess anyway. 

I'd also guess that flows would be different during the day, bank holidays, weekends, match days etc. 

Ticket data won't give any operator in the world information on where car drivers are going.

Storx

05 Apr 2024, 6:51 pm #2,947

Silverlink is probably the biggest place but there's very very few buses which serve the place. From the East of the A19, other than the 19 which avoids everywhere there's arguably no bus service at all. I know some will say the 306/308 serve it but it's a long walk, crossing roundabouts, and is partially dark and very unpleasant. It's also a fair hike if you're heading to the restaurants, M&S or the cinema aswell.

Where most people don't want to go to is North Shields and also Blyth which for some reason has 6 buses an hour, and you can build as many expensive bus stations and force every bus to the place but that won't change anything as there's simply nothing there at all and the place is as unpleasant as it gets.
Edited 05 Apr 2024, 7:08 pm by Storx.
Storx
05 Apr 2024, 6:51 pm #2,947

Silverlink is probably the biggest place but there's very very few buses which serve the place. From the East of the A19, other than the 19 which avoids everywhere there's arguably no bus service at all. I know some will say the 306/308 serve it but it's a long walk, crossing roundabouts, and is partially dark and very unpleasant. It's also a fair hike if you're heading to the restaurants, M&S or the cinema aswell.

Where most people don't want to go to is North Shields and also Blyth which for some reason has 6 buses an hour, and you can build as many expensive bus stations and force every bus to the place but that won't change anything as there's simply nothing there at all and the place is as unpleasant as it gets.

05 Apr 2024, 7:03 pm #2,948
(05 Apr 2024, 6:51 pm)Storx Silverlink is probably the biggest place but there's very very few buses which serve the place. From the East of the A19, other than the 19 which avoids everywhere there's arguably no bus service at all. I know some will say the 306/308 serve it but it's a long walk, crossing roundabouts, and is partially dark and very unpleasant. It's also a fair hike if you're heading to the restaurants, M&S or the cinema aswell.

You can't even get a bus to the beach at Tynemouth, or Tynemouth at all really, from the vast majority of places, unless you live on the 306 route since everything terminates at Whitley Bay.

I was thinking about the 307 & 309 into a loop service like when they were the 75 & 76. But if people from Seaton Sluice and Blyth work at Cobalt then maybe not.

EDIT: Extend the 41/41A to Tynemouth but avoiding North Shields, maybe via High Flatworth, Silverlink, Cobalt, NT Hospital & Preston Grange. (Got a feeling I may have suggested this before)
Edited 05 Apr 2024, 7:07 pm by ASX_Terranova.

ASX_Terranova
05 Apr 2024, 7:03 pm #2,948

(05 Apr 2024, 6:51 pm)Storx Silverlink is probably the biggest place but there's very very few buses which serve the place. From the East of the A19, other than the 19 which avoids everywhere there's arguably no bus service at all. I know some will say the 306/308 serve it but it's a long walk, crossing roundabouts, and is partially dark and very unpleasant. It's also a fair hike if you're heading to the restaurants, M&S or the cinema aswell.

You can't even get a bus to the beach at Tynemouth, or Tynemouth at all really, from the vast majority of places, unless you live on the 306 route since everything terminates at Whitley Bay.

I was thinking about the 307 & 309 into a loop service like when they were the 75 & 76. But if people from Seaton Sluice and Blyth work at Cobalt then maybe not.

EDIT: Extend the 41/41A to Tynemouth but avoiding North Shields, maybe via High Flatworth, Silverlink, Cobalt, NT Hospital & Preston Grange. (Got a feeling I may have suggested this before)

Storx

05 Apr 2024, 7:10 pm #2,949
(05 Apr 2024, 7:03 pm)ASX_Terranova I was thinking about the 307 & 309 into a loop service like when they were the 75 & 76. But if people from Seaton Sluice and Blyth work at Cobalt then maybe not.

Personally I'd always love to see a resurrected 325/326 but adapted to serve what's wanted now rather than what was wanted in 1980, maybe something like https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.01385...?entry=ttu

There's so many places on the route ie:
Whitley Bay
Cullercoats
Tynemouth
Tynemouth Longsands
North Shields
North Shields Fish Quay
North Shields Ferry
Monkseaton
Cobalt
Silverlink
ALDI North Shields
Tesco Norham Road
Morrisons Preston Grange
LIDL Rake Lane
Boundary Mill (short walk)
Coast Road Retail Park

It's arguably all the destinations where people local would actually need to be and want to go east of the A19. It would also utilise the 306 resource between Tynemouth and Whitley Bay. It's just a completely new route so would just have to be an addition. With good marketing and a reasonable frequency, I could see it being quite popular. Especially the Ferry to Whitley Bay section in the Summer.
Storx
05 Apr 2024, 7:10 pm #2,949

(05 Apr 2024, 7:03 pm)ASX_Terranova I was thinking about the 307 & 309 into a loop service like when they were the 75 & 76. But if people from Seaton Sluice and Blyth work at Cobalt then maybe not.

Personally I'd always love to see a resurrected 325/326 but adapted to serve what's wanted now rather than what was wanted in 1980, maybe something like https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.01385...?entry=ttu

Whitley Bay
Cullercoats
Tynemouth
Tynemouth Longsands
North Shields
North Shields Fish Quay
North Shields Ferry
Monkseaton
Cobalt
Silverlink
ALDI North Shields
Tesco Norham Road
Morrisons Preston Grange
LIDL Rake Lane
Coast Road Retail Park

It's arguably all the destinations where people local would actually need to be and want to go east of the A19. It would also utilise the 306 resource between Tynemouth and Whitley Bay. It's just a completely new route so would just have to be an addition. With good marketing and a reasonable frequency, I could see it being quite popular. Especially the Ferry to Whitley Bay section in the Summer.

05 Apr 2024, 10:01 pm #2,950
(05 Apr 2024, 7:10 pm)Storx Personally I'd always love to see a resurrected 325/326 but adapted to serve what's wanted now rather than what was wanted in 1980, maybe something like https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.01385...?entry=ttu

Whitley Bay
Cullercoats
Tynemouth
Tynemouth Longsands
North Shields
North Shields Fish Quay
North Shields Ferry
Monkseaton
Cobalt
Silverlink
ALDI North Shields
Tesco Norham Road
Morrisons Preston Grange
LIDL Rake Lane
Coast Road Retail Park

Were the 325/326 (later 85/86) well used services. Were they always every 20 mins each way.

ASX_Terranova
05 Apr 2024, 10:01 pm #2,950

(05 Apr 2024, 7:10 pm)Storx Personally I'd always love to see a resurrected 325/326 but adapted to serve what's wanted now rather than what was wanted in 1980, maybe something like https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.01385...?entry=ttu

Whitley Bay
Cullercoats
Tynemouth
Tynemouth Longsands
North Shields
North Shields Fish Quay
North Shields Ferry
Monkseaton
Cobalt
Silverlink
ALDI North Shields
Tesco Norham Road
Morrisons Preston Grange
LIDL Rake Lane
Coast Road Retail Park

Were the 325/326 (later 85/86) well used services. Were they always every 20 mins each way.

Storx

05 Apr 2024, 10:43 pm #2,951
(05 Apr 2024, 10:01 pm)ASX_Terranova Were the 325/326 (later 85/86) well used services. Were they always every 20 mins each way.

Used to be alright at one point, but they never really updated the route though so it missed places like Silverlink, and continued to serve Norham Road instead so it started to die for it to replaced by the 310 (now 307) and the rest of the route pretty much binned off completely. Rake Lane was horribly saturated for buses at the time aswell with that, the 308 and 309 all running. You also still had all sorts of local services like the 81 etc still running aswell.

Used to be every 30 minutes though from what I can remember, combining with the 315/316 (the Newcastle boards) to create a 15 minute service from Norham Road to Norham Road (basically both sides of the Coast Road). It may have been more frequent though.

North Tyneside has been completely butchered over the years though, as an understatement.

Btw: https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/f...%20map.pdf - That was the Nexus replacement for the other half for a bit but that route really didn't make sense as it went from Whitley Bay to completely no-where with excluding the hospital, pretty much nothing inbetween.
Edited 05 Apr 2024, 10:46 pm by Storx.
Storx
05 Apr 2024, 10:43 pm #2,951

(05 Apr 2024, 10:01 pm)ASX_Terranova Were the 325/326 (later 85/86) well used services. Were they always every 20 mins each way.

Used to be alright at one point, but they never really updated the route though so it missed places like Silverlink, and continued to serve Norham Road instead so it started to die for it to replaced by the 310 (now 307) and the rest of the route pretty much binned off completely. Rake Lane was horribly saturated for buses at the time aswell with that, the 308 and 309 all running. You also still had all sorts of local services like the 81 etc still running aswell.

Used to be every 30 minutes though from what I can remember, combining with the 315/316 (the Newcastle boards) to create a 15 minute service from Norham Road to Norham Road (basically both sides of the Coast Road). It may have been more frequent though.

North Tyneside has been completely butchered over the years though, as an understatement.

Btw: https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/f...%20map.pdf - That was the Nexus replacement for the other half for a bit but that route really didn't make sense as it went from Whitley Bay to completely no-where with excluding the hospital, pretty much nothing inbetween.

06 Apr 2024, 11:05 am #2,952
Given how close Sherburn, Littletown, High Pittington and The Haswells are to Easington Lane, would an extending a few X1's to some of those be a useful service
ASX_Terranova
06 Apr 2024, 11:05 am #2,952

Given how close Sherburn, Littletown, High Pittington and The Haswells are to Easington Lane, would an extending a few X1's to some of those be a useful service

V514DFT

06 Apr 2024, 2:13 pm #2,953
(05 Apr 2024, 10:43 pm)Storx Used to be alright at one point, but they never really updated the route though so it missed places like Silverlink, and continued to serve Norham Road instead so it started to die for it to replaced by the 310 (now 307) and the rest of the route pretty much binned off completely. Rake Lane was horribly saturated for buses at the time aswell with that, the 308 and 309 all running. You also still had all sorts of local services like the 81 etc still running aswell.

See if the 325/326 made a comeback now it could easily see off the 19 and 41/41A, and you're right, the 309 and 310 killed off the 85/86, it worked less when the 75/76 stopped being circulars so the combining never really worked afterwards, and the W3 was a farce

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
06 Apr 2024, 2:13 pm #2,953

(05 Apr 2024, 10:43 pm)Storx Used to be alright at one point, but they never really updated the route though so it missed places like Silverlink, and continued to serve Norham Road instead so it started to die for it to replaced by the 310 (now 307) and the rest of the route pretty much binned off completely. Rake Lane was horribly saturated for buses at the time aswell with that, the 308 and 309 all running. You also still had all sorts of local services like the 81 etc still running aswell.

See if the 325/326 made a comeback now it could easily see off the 19 and 41/41A, and you're right, the 309 and 310 killed off the 85/86, it worked less when the 75/76 stopped being circulars so the combining never really worked afterwards, and the W3 was a farce

Kind Regards
Tez

Storx

06 Apr 2024, 6:18 pm #2,954
(06 Apr 2024, 2:13 pm)V514DFT See if the 325/326 made a comeback now it could easily see off the 19 and 41/41A, and you're right, the 309 and 310 killed off the 85/86, it worked less when the 75/76 stopped being circulars so the combining never really worked afterwards, and the W3 was a farce

Aye agreed, ngl for the 41/41A I'd love to see a secondary loop similar to that above which done West of the A19

Maybe something like: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/54.98320...?entry=ttu

which would replace the 18, 335, 41/41A, 653, 37 Evening/Sunday and the Q3 extension and even potentially 342 aswell.

Again there's loads of points and arguably are all the places where people would want to be ie.
Byker
Walker
Wallsend
Killingworth
Longbenton
Quorum
Cobalt
Silverlink
Freeman Hospital
Tyne Met College
Numerous supermarkets and shops (cba to name them all)

Would pretty much replace all the subsidised bus routes, acknowledge that some would be longer but clearly there's not the demand for them in the first place. Quorum, in particular, is a nightmare to get to and Cobalt is no better from the likes of Walker and Killingworth really.
Edited 06 Apr 2024, 6:23 pm by Storx.
Storx
06 Apr 2024, 6:18 pm #2,954

(06 Apr 2024, 2:13 pm)V514DFT See if the 325/326 made a comeback now it could easily see off the 19 and 41/41A, and you're right, the 309 and 310 killed off the 85/86, it worked less when the 75/76 stopped being circulars so the combining never really worked afterwards, and the W3 was a farce

Aye agreed, ngl for the 41/41A I'd love to see a secondary loop similar to that above which done West of the A19

Maybe something like: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/54.98320...?entry=ttu

which would replace the 18, 335, 41/41A, 653, 37 Evening/Sunday and the Q3 extension and even potentially 342 aswell.

Again there's loads of points and arguably are all the places where people would want to be ie.
Byker
Walker
Wallsend
Killingworth
Longbenton
Quorum
Cobalt
Silverlink
Freeman Hospital
Tyne Met College
Numerous supermarkets and shops (cba to name them all)

Would pretty much replace all the subsidised bus routes, acknowledge that some would be longer but clearly there's not the demand for them in the first place. Quorum, in particular, is a nightmare to get to and Cobalt is no better from the likes of Walker and Killingworth really.

06 Apr 2024, 8:08 pm #2,955

Whitley Bay
Cullercoats
Tynemouth
Tynemouth Longsands
North Shields
North Shields Fish Quay
North Shields Ferry
Monkseaton
Cobalt
Silverlink
ALDI North Shields
Tesco Norham Road
Morrisons Preston Grange
LIDL Rake Lane
Coast Road Retail Park

I would link this to be a circular say from cobalt straight down to silverlink (bus stop behind cinema then mcd bus stop then at silverlink roundabout up and down coast road for Smiths then back up stop at the stop at holy cross then down the next ramp on coast road under bridge and right and loop back up along battlehill drive past the college and shops and either right at Smyths then left back on the coast road to silverlink (loop round Hadrian Park is optional)
DaveFromUpNorth
06 Apr 2024, 8:08 pm #2,955

Whitley Bay
Cullercoats
Tynemouth
Tynemouth Longsands
North Shields
North Shields Fish Quay
North Shields Ferry
Monkseaton
Cobalt
Silverlink
ALDI North Shields
Tesco Norham Road
Morrisons Preston Grange
LIDL Rake Lane
Coast Road Retail Park

I would link this to be a circular say from cobalt straight down to silverlink (bus stop behind cinema then mcd bus stop then at silverlink roundabout up and down coast road for Smiths then back up stop at the stop at holy cross then down the next ramp on coast road under bridge and right and loop back up along battlehill drive past the college and shops and either right at Smyths then left back on the coast road to silverlink (loop round Hadrian Park is optional)

Storx

06 Apr 2024, 8:43 pm #2,956
(06 Apr 2024, 8:08 pm)DaveFromUpNorth I would link this to be a circular say from cobalt straight down to silverlink (bus stop behind cinema then mcd bus stop then at silverlink roundabout up and down coast road for Smiths then back up stop at the stop at holy cross then down the next ramp on coast road under bridge and right and loop back up along battlehill drive past the college and shops and either right at Smyths then left back on the coast road to silverlink (loop round Hadrian Park is optional)

Interesting idea that and I agree with the Tyne Met link, maybe could do something like this https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.01073...?entry=ttu instead though.

Would give better links to Tyne Trading Estate which is horrific to get to currently and still serve the college aswell. You'd also give a bus to the bottom end of Norham Road which is currently busless especially with the new housing developments. Think the full loop would be a bit annoying if you were going say from North Cobalt to Verne Road etc. and Battle Hill has more than enough buses tbh.
Edited 06 Apr 2024, 8:43 pm by Storx.
Storx
06 Apr 2024, 8:43 pm #2,956

(06 Apr 2024, 8:08 pm)DaveFromUpNorth I would link this to be a circular say from cobalt straight down to silverlink (bus stop behind cinema then mcd bus stop then at silverlink roundabout up and down coast road for Smiths then back up stop at the stop at holy cross then down the next ramp on coast road under bridge and right and loop back up along battlehill drive past the college and shops and either right at Smyths then left back on the coast road to silverlink (loop round Hadrian Park is optional)

Interesting idea that and I agree with the Tyne Met link, maybe could do something like this https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.01073...?entry=ttu instead though.

Would give better links to Tyne Trading Estate which is horrific to get to currently and still serve the college aswell. You'd also give a bus to the bottom end of Norham Road which is currently busless especially with the new housing developments. Think the full loop would be a bit annoying if you were going say from North Cobalt to Verne Road etc. and Battle Hill has more than enough buses tbh.

06 Apr 2024, 9:44 pm #2,957
(06 Apr 2024, 8:43 pm)Storx Interesting idea that and I agree with the Tyne Met link, maybe could do something like this https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.01073...?entry=ttu instead though.

See Battlehill Drive I would argue there is not enough to obscure destinations. It's a high frequency route. 

Overtime create Battlehill shops area as a connector for multiple services it also means if you need to wait 15 min during the day a quick pop to greggs tesco Dickson lidl etc it's a quick connector as oppose to places like Willington Square  or myshanghi or chilli Road and coast road with those underpassess. Even rake lane hospital tbh if you need to wait 30min for a bus there is nothing there least you can wonder round lidl for 20mins at battlehill.

I think there is also a lost opportunity and being brutally honest I wouldn't know how to get to cramlington hospital by bus!

A lot of North Tyneside can get to Rake Lane but that is a feeder hospital to Cramlington battlehill has links to freeman (although I would send that 653 to Hadrian Park to serve all of battlehill to freeman and give links to lidl for shopping for that estate it drives round.

In London the transport infrastructure is clever. It often has terminuses at supermarkets or name drops them as a specific location so customers immediately recognize I know where that is. 

It's marketing that needs to be turned on its head so brand names are easily recognizable
DaveFromUpNorth
06 Apr 2024, 9:44 pm #2,957

(06 Apr 2024, 8:43 pm)Storx Interesting idea that and I agree with the Tyne Met link, maybe could do something like this https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.01073...?entry=ttu instead though.

See Battlehill Drive I would argue there is not enough to obscure destinations. It's a high frequency route. 

Overtime create Battlehill shops area as a connector for multiple services it also means if you need to wait 15 min during the day a quick pop to greggs tesco Dickson lidl etc it's a quick connector as oppose to places like Willington Square  or myshanghi or chilli Road and coast road with those underpassess. Even rake lane hospital tbh if you need to wait 30min for a bus there is nothing there least you can wonder round lidl for 20mins at battlehill.

I think there is also a lost opportunity and being brutally honest I wouldn't know how to get to cramlington hospital by bus!

A lot of North Tyneside can get to Rake Lane but that is a feeder hospital to Cramlington battlehill has links to freeman (although I would send that 653 to Hadrian Park to serve all of battlehill to freeman and give links to lidl for shopping for that estate it drives round.

In London the transport infrastructure is clever. It often has terminuses at supermarkets or name drops them as a specific location so customers immediately recognize I know where that is. 

It's marketing that needs to be turned on its head so brand names are easily recognizable

06 Apr 2024, 9:59 pm #2,958
Going on the Battlehill theme I think an adaption of the early 91 bus service would actually be popular during the day

New service to replace 41/41a
Hadrian Park - BattleHill Shops Lidl - Mullen Road - PowderMonkey /BnM - Wiltshire Drive
Station Road to Wallsend Metro then Wetherspoons Ritz/ Wallsend Aldi - along to Walkergate Metro / Lidl then a left up the bypass road to the retail park and drive into the retail park at Byker Asda and actually serve the bus stop at Byker Asda out then serve Chilli Metro then down byker high street to Morrisons Byker before going over the bridge and go round Newcastle City Centre to stop at Central Station before going over redheugh bridge to Team Valley and do a route round team valley trading estate and stop at Mcd Team Valley and shopping area with an additional looping round the roundabout at Sainsbury Team valley then express to Metrocentre

It seems long winded but I think it could be about 90min

It may be quicker than the 1 service from Wallsend to Metrocentre but the benefits is serving central station bottom end of Newcastle from Battlehill and Hadrian Park and even Wallsend most get sent over high level bridge the team valley element and Metrocentre is to benefit workers from further afield

Going on the Battlehill theme I think an adaption of the early 91 bus service would actually be popular during the day

Hadrian Park - BattleHill Shops Lidl - Mullen Road - PowderMonkey /BnM - Wiltshire Drive
Station Road to Wallsend Metro then Wetherspoons Ritz/ Wallsend Aldi - along to Walkergate Metro / Lidl then a left up the bypass road to the retail park and drive into the retail park at Byker Asda and actually serve the bus stop at Byker Asda out then serve Chilli Metro then down byker high street to Morrisons Byker before going over the bridge and go round Newcastle City Centre to stop at Central Station before going over redheugh bridge to Team Valley and do a route round team valley trading estate and stop at Mcd Team Valley and shopping area with an additional looping round the roundabout at Sainsbury Team valley then express to Metrocentre

It may be quicker than the 1 service from Wallsend to Metrocentre but the benefits is serving central station bottom end of Newcastle from Battlehill and Hadrian Park and even Wallsend most get sent over high level bridge the team valley element and Metrocentre is to benefit workers from further afield
Edited 06 Apr 2024, 9:59 pm by DaveFromUpNorth.
DaveFromUpNorth
06 Apr 2024, 9:59 pm #2,958

06 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm #2,959
(06 Apr 2024, 9:44 pm)DaveFromUpNorth See Battlehill Drive I would argue there is not enough to obscure destinations. It's a high frequency route. 

I totally agree with you, if you look at the Galleries, hardly anything serves sainsburys anymore. The same could be said for Team Valley Sainsburys and maybe even Dragon Lane Tesco.

ASX_Terranova
06 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm #2,959

(06 Apr 2024, 9:44 pm)DaveFromUpNorth See Battlehill Drive I would argue there is not enough to obscure destinations. It's a high frequency route. 

I totally agree with you, if you look at the Galleries, hardly anything serves sainsburys anymore. The same could be said for Team Valley Sainsburys and maybe even Dragon Lane Tesco.

V514DFT

06 Apr 2024, 10:03 pm #2,960

Whitley Bay
Cullercoats
Tynemouth
Tynemouth Longsands
North Shields
North Shields Fish Quay
North Shields Ferry
Monkseaton
Cobalt
Silverlink
ALDI North Shields
Tesco Norham Road
Morrisons Preston Grange
LIDL Rake Lane
Coast Road Retail Park

Bit like in the PTE days when there was the inner circle, and outer circle

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
06 Apr 2024, 10:03 pm #2,960

Whitley Bay
Cullercoats
Tynemouth
Tynemouth Longsands
North Shields
North Shields Fish Quay
North Shields Ferry
Monkseaton
Cobalt
Silverlink
ALDI North Shields
Tesco Norham Road
Morrisons Preston Grange
LIDL Rake Lane
Coast Road Retail Park

Bit like in the PTE days when there was the inner circle, and outer circle

Kind Regards
Tez

Pages (150) Previous 1147 148 149 150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average