Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 1148 149 150 Next
06 Apr 2024, 10:04 pm #2,961
(06 Apr 2024, 10:03 pm)V514DFT Bit like in the PTE days when there was the inner circle, and outer circle

I was only born in 1988 and Kylie was number 1 with I should be so lucky ???
DaveFromUpNorth
06 Apr 2024, 10:04 pm #2,961

(06 Apr 2024, 10:03 pm)V514DFT Bit like in the PTE days when there was the inner circle, and outer circle

I was only born in 1988 and Kylie was number 1 with I should be so lucky ???

Storx

06 Apr 2024, 10:39 pm #2,962
(06 Apr 2024, 9:44 pm)DaveFromUpNorth See Battlehill Drive I would argue there is not enough to obscure destinations. It's a high frequency route. 

Overtime create Battlehill shops area as a connector for multiple services it also means if you need to wait 15 min during the day a quick pop to greggs tesco Dickson lidl etc it's a quick connector as oppose to places like Willington Square  or myshanghi or chilli Road and coast road with those underpassess. Even rake lane hospital tbh if you need to wait 30min for a bus there is nothing there least you can wonder round lidl for 20mins at battlehill.

I think there is also a lost opportunity and being brutally honest I wouldn't know how to get to cramlington hospital by bus!

A lot of North Tyneside can get to Rake Lane but that is a feeder hospital to Cramlington battlehill has links to freeman (although I would send that 653 to Hadrian Park to serve all of battlehill to freeman and give links to lidl for shopping for that estate it drives round.

In London the transport infrastructure is clever. It often has terminuses at supermarkets or name drops them as a specific location so customers immediately recognize I know where that is. 

It's marketing that needs to be turned on its head so brand names are easily recognizable

Yeah some fair points to be honest, honestly I've always thought it should be at Silverlink instead though - it's quite a central point really for all the buses in the area and arugably where most people might actually want to travel to.

Just create a little loop around the top end of the car park, like so and create a new bus interchange in the middle. It's already got multiple services which practically pass it (19/22/306/307/308/309) and others which easily could be extended with a short extension (41/41A/335) and at least the last 3 would have a terminus point where people actually want to travel to rather than just from.

If we're being ambitious, you could easily use some of the BSIP or other future fund to create some slips from the Coast Road onto the bus link which atm is a complete waste of time and even more ambitious it's an ideal place for an interchange if the Metro line along there ever gets built - I do believe it's still in plans for the future currently.

Would mean there's links to:
Wallsend, Byker and Cobalt (22)
Cramlington, Cramlington Hospital, North Shields Ferry and Tyne Trading Estate (19)
Killingworth (335)
Whitley Bay, North Tyneside Hospital and Blyth (308/309)
North Shields (306/307)
Tynemouth (306)

Pretty much everywhere covered really, even better if the cross tunnel service could get there aswell. Never know someone from Jarrow might go shopping or the cinema there, it's only 10 mins or so if it was direct.
Edited 06 Apr 2024, 10:44 pm by Storx.
Storx
06 Apr 2024, 10:39 pm #2,962

(06 Apr 2024, 9:44 pm)DaveFromUpNorth See Battlehill Drive I would argue there is not enough to obscure destinations. It's a high frequency route. 

Overtime create Battlehill shops area as a connector for multiple services it also means if you need to wait 15 min during the day a quick pop to greggs tesco Dickson lidl etc it's a quick connector as oppose to places like Willington Square  or myshanghi or chilli Road and coast road with those underpassess. Even rake lane hospital tbh if you need to wait 30min for a bus there is nothing there least you can wonder round lidl for 20mins at battlehill.

I think there is also a lost opportunity and being brutally honest I wouldn't know how to get to cramlington hospital by bus!

A lot of North Tyneside can get to Rake Lane but that is a feeder hospital to Cramlington battlehill has links to freeman (although I would send that 653 to Hadrian Park to serve all of battlehill to freeman and give links to lidl for shopping for that estate it drives round.

In London the transport infrastructure is clever. It often has terminuses at supermarkets or name drops them as a specific location so customers immediately recognize I know where that is. 

It's marketing that needs to be turned on its head so brand names are easily recognizable

Yeah some fair points to be honest, honestly I've always thought it should be at Silverlink instead though - it's quite a central point really for all the buses in the area and arugably where most people might actually want to travel to.

Just create a little loop around the top end of the car park, like so and create a new bus interchange in the middle. It's already got multiple services which practically pass it (19/22/306/307/308/309) and others which easily could be extended with a short extension (41/41A/335) and at least the last 3 would have a terminus point where people actually want to travel to rather than just from.

If we're being ambitious, you could easily use some of the BSIP or other future fund to create some slips from the Coast Road onto the bus link which atm is a complete waste of time and even more ambitious it's an ideal place for an interchange if the Metro line along there ever gets built - I do believe it's still in plans for the future currently.

Would mean there's links to:
Wallsend, Byker and Cobalt (22)
Cramlington, Cramlington Hospital, North Shields Ferry and Tyne Trading Estate (19)
Killingworth (335)
Whitley Bay, North Tyneside Hospital and Blyth (308/309)
North Shields (306/307)
Tynemouth (306)

Pretty much everywhere covered really, even better if the cross tunnel service could get there aswell. Never know someone from Jarrow might go shopping or the cinema there, it's only 10 mins or so if it was direct.

12 Apr 2024, 5:08 pm #2,963
Just been looking at the 2 / 2A route and wondering would it make more sense if this route was a circular service? It could continue from Silksworth to Washington via East Herrington and Shiney Row, and maybe call at Doxford business park.

The 42 (and later the X90) covered this route for a number of years in the 1990s/2000s.

Apologies if this has been suggested before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrahamD83
12 Apr 2024, 5:08 pm #2,963

Just been looking at the 2 / 2A route and wondering would it make more sense if this route was a circular service? It could continue from Silksworth to Washington via East Herrington and Shiney Row, and maybe call at Doxford business park.

The 42 (and later the X90) covered this route for a number of years in the 1990s/2000s.

Storx

12 Apr 2024, 7:33 pm #2,964
(12 Apr 2024, 5:08 pm)GrahamD83 Just been looking at the 2 / 2A route and wondering would it make more sense if this route was a circular service? It could continue from Silksworth to Washington via East Herrington and Shiney Row, and maybe call at Doxford business park. 

Not sure it would really be possible, personally I'd split the 2 at Sunderland, it has no real benefit of doing a horseshoe in Sunderland. Most of the route is now either covered by the 39 to Washington.

With the split, I'd say have the following services each every 30 minutes working with Nexus and the BSIP to up the two extensions to every 30 minutes which would do what you're wanting pretty much anyway.

The routes being, these A's and B's are confusing currently as an understatement:
2/39: Pennywell -> Silksworth -> 36
2A: Sunderland -> Silksworth -> 37
39A/39B: Sunderland -> Houghton Le Spring via 39A Route -> 38
39: Sunderland -> Washington -> 39
Storx
12 Apr 2024, 7:33 pm #2,964

(12 Apr 2024, 5:08 pm)GrahamD83 Just been looking at the 2 / 2A route and wondering would it make more sense if this route was a circular service? It could continue from Silksworth to Washington via East Herrington and Shiney Row, and maybe call at Doxford business park. 

Not sure it would really be possible, personally I'd split the 2 at Sunderland, it has no real benefit of doing a horseshoe in Sunderland. Most of the route is now either covered by the 39 to Washington.

With the split, I'd say have the following services each every 30 minutes working with Nexus and the BSIP to up the two extensions to every 30 minutes which would do what you're wanting pretty much anyway.

The routes being, these A's and B's are confusing currently as an understatement:
2/39: Pennywell -> Silksworth -> 36
2A: Sunderland -> Silksworth -> 37
39A/39B: Sunderland -> Houghton Le Spring via 39A Route -> 38
39: Sunderland -> Washington -> 39

13 Apr 2024, 3:58 am #2,965
(06 Apr 2024, 10:04 pm)DaveFromUpNorth I was only born in 1988 and Kylie was number 1 with I should be so lucky ???

Very much of its time. Like nails on a chalkboard to my ears.
R852 PRG
13 Apr 2024, 3:58 am #2,965

(06 Apr 2024, 10:04 pm)DaveFromUpNorth I was only born in 1988 and Kylie was number 1 with I should be so lucky ???

Very much of its time. Like nails on a chalkboard to my ears.

col87

13 Apr 2024, 12:35 pm #2,966
A few ideas I have been thinking for Country Durham and Teesside / North Yorkshire network. ( Yes I know it’s unlikely before any says it ) but it is surprising they have not made more use of East Yorkshire especially when Arriva is struggling in the Whitby area.

X1, X2, X3 X4
X1 extended to Hartlepool. Current route to Easington Lane then via Dalton Park and A19 to Hart Village and Throston Grange Estate to University Hospital of Hartlepool. Then limited stop to Hartlepool Town Centre and Interchange.
Every 60 minutes to Hartlepool and every 30 to Easington Lane and Dalton Park.

X2 Newcastle to Peterlee every 30 minutes limited stop via X1 route to Easington Lane then via Murton, Easington Village and Hordon to Peterlee Bus Station.

X3 Newcastle to Darlington via Nissan, Concord, Washington, Framwellgate, Bishop Auckland, Darlington. Every 60 minutes
X4 Newcastle to Seaham. As above to Washington then limited stop to Seaham via Chester le Street via 71 route.

X6 X7.
X6 Every 30 as now to Peterlee every 60 to Hartlepool. Peterlee to Hartlepool via Hordon, Castle Eden and Hart Village.

X7 Stockton - Sunderland via North Tees Hospital, Stillington, Sedgefield, Wingate, Peterlee then direct to Seaham. Seaham then limited stop to Sunderland. Every 60 minutes.

East Durham network as now

Teesside new services.

19 Middlesbrough Bus Station, Middlesbrough Railway Station, Riverside Stadium, South Bank, Grangetown, Eston Square.

20 Riverside Park, Middlesbrough Railway station, Middlesbrough Bus Station, A66, Stockton, Yarm, Teesside Airport

21 Stillington, North Tees Hospital, Stockton, Teesside Park, Middlesbrough

22 North Tees Hospital, Stockton, Preston Park, Yarm

25, Transporter Bridge/ Port Clarence, Billingham Town Centre, Billingham Green, Norton, North Tees Hospital, Roseworth, Stockton.

33 Middlesbrough Bus Station, Newport Bridge, Billingham Stores, Billingham Town Centre, Wolviston, Wynyard Amazon.

East Cleveland

3 Loftus, Saltburn, Redcar, Redcar Morrisons
4 Saltburn, New Marske, Redcar, Kirleathem

82 Redcar, Guisbrough, Great Ayton, Coulby Newham Parkway Centre.

Hartlepool Services

H1 Hartlepool University Hospital, Town Centre, Greatham, Wolviston, North Tees Hospital,

12 Headland, West View, Raby Road, Town Centre, Tesco, Seaton Carew

16 Tesco, Church Street/Interchange, Town Centre, Ward Jackson Park, Elwick, Dalton Piecey

17 Asda/Marina, Town Centre, Westbroke Avenue, Catcote Road, Greatham

32 Interchange, Town Centre, Ward Jackson Park, High Tunstall, Bishop Cuthbert, Trimdons, Sedgefield, Ferryhill, Bishop Auckland.

Open Top seasonal Services

101 Seaton Carew - Navigating Point
102 Seaton Carew - Maritime Museum
103 Seaton Carew - Town Centre / Ward Jackson Park

Seasonal Express Services

x95 Hartlepool, Billingham, Stockton, Yarm, then direct to Whitby then limited stop to Scarborough via Robin Hoods Bay.
col87
13 Apr 2024, 12:35 pm #2,966

A few ideas I have been thinking for Country Durham and Teesside / North Yorkshire network. ( Yes I know it’s unlikely before any says it ) but it is surprising they have not made more use of East Yorkshire especially when Arriva is struggling in the Whitby area.

X1, X2, X3 X4
X1 extended to Hartlepool. Current route to Easington Lane then via Dalton Park and A19 to Hart Village and Throston Grange Estate to University Hospital of Hartlepool. Then limited stop to Hartlepool Town Centre and Interchange.

X2 Newcastle to Peterlee every 30 minutes limited stop via X1 route to Easington Lane then via Murton, Easington Village and Hordon to Peterlee Bus Station.

X3 Newcastle to Darlington via Nissan, Concord, Washington, Framwellgate, Bishop Auckland, Darlington. Every 60 minutes
X4 Newcastle to Seaham. As above to Washington then limited stop to Seaham via Chester le Street via 71 route.

X6 X7.
X6 Every 30 as now to Peterlee every 60 to Hartlepool. Peterlee to Hartlepool via Hordon, Castle Eden and Hart Village.

X7 Stockton - Sunderland via North Tees Hospital, Stillington, Sedgefield, Wingate, Peterlee then direct to Seaham. Seaham then limited stop to Sunderland. Every 60 minutes.

Teesside new services.

19 Middlesbrough Bus Station, Middlesbrough Railway Station, Riverside Stadium, South Bank, Grangetown, Eston Square.

20 Riverside Park, Middlesbrough Railway station, Middlesbrough Bus Station, A66, Stockton, Yarm, Teesside Airport

25, Transporter Bridge/ Port Clarence, Billingham Town Centre, Billingham Green, Norton, North Tees Hospital, Roseworth, Stockton.

33 Middlesbrough Bus Station, Newport Bridge, Billingham Stores, Billingham Town Centre, Wolviston, Wynyard Amazon.

East Cleveland

Hartlepool Services

H1 Hartlepool University Hospital, Town Centre, Greatham, Wolviston, North Tees Hospital,

16 Tesco, Church Street/Interchange, Town Centre, Ward Jackson Park, Elwick, Dalton Piecey

32 Interchange, Town Centre, Ward Jackson Park, High Tunstall, Bishop Cuthbert, Trimdons, Sedgefield, Ferryhill, Bishop Auckland.

x95 Hartlepool, Billingham, Stockton, Yarm, then direct to Whitby then limited stop to Scarborough via Robin Hoods Bay.

Storx

13 Apr 2024, 1:59 pm #2,967
(13 Apr 2024, 12:35 pm)col87 A few ideas I have been thinking for Country Durham and Teesside / North Yorkshire network. ( Yes I know it’s unlikely before any says it ) but it is surprising they have not made more use of East Yorkshire especially when Arriva is struggling in the Whitby area. 

X1, X2, X3 X4
X1 extended to Hartlepool.  Current route to Easington Lane then via Dalton Park and A19 to Hart Village and Throston Grange Estate to University Hospital of Hartlepool. Then limited stop to Hartlepool Town Centre and Interchange.

X3 Newcastle to Darlington via Nissan, Concord, Washington, Framwellgate, Bishop Auckland, Darlington.  Every 60 minutes
X4 Newcastle to Seaham.  As above to Washington then limited stop to Seaham via Chester le Street via 71 route. 

X6 X7.
X6 Every 30 as now to Peterlee every 60 to Hartlepool.  Peterlee to Hartlepool via Hordon, Castle Eden and Hart Village. 

X7 Stockton - Sunderland via North Tees Hospital, Stillington, Sedgefield, Wingate, Peterlee then direct to Seaham. Seaham then limited stop to Sunderland.  Every 60 minutes.

Teesside new services. 

East Cleveland

Hartlepool Services

Personally, don't agree with some of these. imo the Hartlepool to Sunderland, Seaham and Newcastle journeys should be by train. I know there's problems with fares and frequency but that should be the solution rather than having stupidly long bus journeys which are suspectible to delays in too many spots.

For the other Durham journeys I agree but imo they should be based around a hub at Durham instead with fast services all linking together there.
Edited 13 Apr 2024, 2:21 pm by Storx.
Storx
13 Apr 2024, 1:59 pm #2,967

(13 Apr 2024, 12:35 pm)col87 A few ideas I have been thinking for Country Durham and Teesside / North Yorkshire network. ( Yes I know it’s unlikely before any says it ) but it is surprising they have not made more use of East Yorkshire especially when Arriva is struggling in the Whitby area. 

X1, X2, X3 X4
X1 extended to Hartlepool.  Current route to Easington Lane then via Dalton Park and A19 to Hart Village and Throston Grange Estate to University Hospital of Hartlepool. Then limited stop to Hartlepool Town Centre and Interchange.

X3 Newcastle to Darlington via Nissan, Concord, Washington, Framwellgate, Bishop Auckland, Darlington.  Every 60 minutes
X4 Newcastle to Seaham.  As above to Washington then limited stop to Seaham via Chester le Street via 71 route. 

X6 X7.
X6 Every 30 as now to Peterlee every 60 to Hartlepool.  Peterlee to Hartlepool via Hordon, Castle Eden and Hart Village. 

X7 Stockton - Sunderland via North Tees Hospital, Stillington, Sedgefield, Wingate, Peterlee then direct to Seaham. Seaham then limited stop to Sunderland.  Every 60 minutes.

Teesside new services. 

East Cleveland

Hartlepool Services

Personally, don't agree with some of these. imo the Hartlepool to Sunderland, Seaham and Newcastle journeys should be by train. I know there's problems with fares and frequency but that should be the solution rather than having stupidly long bus journeys which are suspectible to delays in too many spots.

For the other Durham journeys I agree but imo they should be based around a hub at Durham instead with fast services all linking together there.

col87

13 Apr 2024, 2:43 pm #2,968
(13 Apr 2024, 1:59 pm)Storx Personally, don't agree with some of these. imo the Hartlepool to Sunderland, Seaham and Newcastle journeys should be by train. I know there's problems with fares and frequency but that should be the solution rather than having stupidly long bus journeys which are suspectible to delays in too many spots.

You’re looking at this all wrong though it’s about opening up new connections.  Now unless your putting a train line though every part of Hartlepool it’s a lot easier in some cases to just get the bus.
col87
13 Apr 2024, 2:43 pm #2,968

(13 Apr 2024, 1:59 pm)Storx Personally, don't agree with some of these. imo the Hartlepool to Sunderland, Seaham and Newcastle journeys should be by train. I know there's problems with fares and frequency but that should be the solution rather than having stupidly long bus journeys which are suspectible to delays in too many spots.

You’re looking at this all wrong though it’s about opening up new connections.  Now unless your putting a train line though every part of Hartlepool it’s a lot easier in some cases to just get the bus.

Storx

13 Apr 2024, 3:13 pm #2,969
(13 Apr 2024, 2:43 pm)col87 You’re looking at this all wrong though it’s about opening up new connections.  Now unless your putting a train line though every part of Hartlepool it’s a lot easier in some cases to just get the bus.

It wouldn't be an express bus though if it stopped everywhere though. If you wanted to serve North Hartlepool, you'd be better doing a bus that links Horden station and Hartlepool and have the buses connecting with the trains, with through fares etc.

You could even make the case for a station at Hart / West View really. The railway line needs investment is the answer imo, it's shockingly poor for the amount of places it serves.

A bus from Hartlepool to Newcastle / Sunderland would be just too long and unattractive and would just duplicate other services ie. 23/24 beyond that. The fact the 22/24, between Sunderland and Peterlee is already dead suggests the demand isn't there.
Edited 13 Apr 2024, 3:15 pm by Storx.
Storx
13 Apr 2024, 3:13 pm #2,969

(13 Apr 2024, 2:43 pm)col87 You’re looking at this all wrong though it’s about opening up new connections.  Now unless your putting a train line though every part of Hartlepool it’s a lot easier in some cases to just get the bus.

It wouldn't be an express bus though if it stopped everywhere though. If you wanted to serve North Hartlepool, you'd be better doing a bus that links Horden station and Hartlepool and have the buses connecting with the trains, with through fares etc.

You could even make the case for a station at Hart / West View really. The railway line needs investment is the answer imo, it's shockingly poor for the amount of places it serves.

A bus from Hartlepool to Newcastle / Sunderland would be just too long and unattractive and would just duplicate other services ie. 23/24 beyond that. The fact the 22/24, between Sunderland and Peterlee is already dead suggests the demand isn't there.

13 Apr 2024, 4:03 pm #2,970
(13 Apr 2024, 3:13 pm)Storx It wouldn't be an express bus though if it stopped everywhere though. If you wanted to serve North Hartlepool, you'd be better doing a bus that links Horden station and Hartlepool and have the buses connecting with the trains, with through fares etc.

You really think there's no demand between Sunderland and Peterlee by bus?
deanmachine
13 Apr 2024, 4:03 pm #2,970

(13 Apr 2024, 3:13 pm)Storx It wouldn't be an express bus though if it stopped everywhere though. If you wanted to serve North Hartlepool, you'd be better doing a bus that links Horden station and Hartlepool and have the buses connecting with the trains, with through fares etc.

You really think there's no demand between Sunderland and Peterlee by bus?

col87

13 Apr 2024, 4:03 pm #2,971

I have already suggested what route it could do and it not duplication  any other services.  The X5 and 231 both ran between Hartlepool and Newcastle fit decades.  The X10 is always packed so I think the demand is there if it was tried.
col87
13 Apr 2024, 4:03 pm #2,971

I have already suggested what route it could do and it not duplication  any other services.  The X5 and 231 both ran between Hartlepool and Newcastle fit decades.  The X10 is always packed so I think the demand is there if it was tried.

Andreos1

13 Apr 2024, 4:11 pm #2,972

X1, X2, X3 X4

X6 X7.

Teesside new services. 

East Cleveland

Hartlepool Services

The East Yorkshire thing was a missed opportunity imo. 
Whether that was extending the EY stuff further in to N Yorks and Cleveland (such as the 128) OR allowing the GNE network, to expand south (X9 or X10 - the summer service that occasionally ran was pointless). 
I do believe integration of the two networks would have seen sustained growth.

However, I don't think we will see any GNE forays in to Hartlepool anytime soon. 
That ship has sailed.
Edited 13 Apr 2024, 4:19 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Apr 2024, 4:11 pm #2,972

X1, X2, X3 X4

X6 X7.

Teesside new services. 

East Cleveland

Hartlepool Services

The East Yorkshire thing was a missed opportunity imo. 
Whether that was extending the EY stuff further in to N Yorks and Cleveland (such as the 128) OR allowing the GNE network, to expand south (X9 or X10 - the summer service that occasionally ran was pointless). 
I do believe integration of the two networks would have seen sustained growth.

However, I don't think we will see any GNE forays in to Hartlepool anytime soon. 
That ship has sailed.

Storx

13 Apr 2024, 4:53 pm #2,973
(13 Apr 2024, 4:03 pm)deanmachine You really think there's no demand between Sunderland and Peterlee by bus?

Not for more, not really, being honest. The 22/23 are already pretty much dead. These plans are increasing it partally by an extra 3 buses, 2 X1's from Dalton Park to Peterlee/Hartlepool going directly against them through Easington and another on the X7 which has already been attempted and died.

Complete overkill imo. Personally I'd rather see 2 TPH on the Durham Coast Line.

Arriva has already cut back massively on the corridor, in recent years.

This is going into right maybe territory but the only potential express I could see working down there is an

X9: Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Dalton Park - Peterlee - Limited Stop (Blackhall Co-op / Crimdon Dene /  Verner Road / Miller Crescent / University Hospital / Hartlepool Marina) - Hartlepool

So you'd have a 30 minute service between Peterlee and Newcastle as it's probably a worthwhile move.
Edited 13 Apr 2024, 5:20 pm by Storx.
Storx
13 Apr 2024, 4:53 pm #2,973

(13 Apr 2024, 4:03 pm)deanmachine You really think there's no demand between Sunderland and Peterlee by bus?

Not for more, not really, being honest. The 22/23 are already pretty much dead. These plans are increasing it partally by an extra 3 buses, 2 X1's from Dalton Park to Peterlee/Hartlepool going directly against them through Easington and another on the X7 which has already been attempted and died.

Complete overkill imo. Personally I'd rather see 2 TPH on the Durham Coast Line.

This is going into right maybe territory but the only potential express I could see working down there is an

X9: Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Dalton Park - Peterlee - Limited Stop (Blackhall Co-op / Crimdon Dene /  Verner Road / Miller Crescent / University Hospital / Hartlepool Marina) - Hartlepool

So you'd have a 30 minute service between Peterlee and Newcastle as it's probably a worthwhile move.

col87

13 Apr 2024, 9:01 pm #2,974
(13 Apr 2024, 4:53 pm)Storx Not for more, not really, being honest. The 22/23 are already pretty much dead. These plans are increasing it partally by an extra 3 buses, 2 X1's from Dalton Park to Peterlee/Hartlepool going directly against them through Easington and another on the X7 which has already been attempted and died.

I don’t know what bus your but every time I get the 23 it’s always quite busy.  

You didn’t read my suggestion properly either as I put the X1 would go directly down the A19 to Hart Village to get to Hartlepool and would not serve Peterlee at all.  I suggested the X2 which would miss out Dalton Park and go the 61 does as a limited stop express to Peterlee.
col87
13 Apr 2024, 9:01 pm #2,974

(13 Apr 2024, 4:53 pm)Storx Not for more, not really, being honest. The 22/23 are already pretty much dead. These plans are increasing it partally by an extra 3 buses, 2 X1's from Dalton Park to Peterlee/Hartlepool going directly against them through Easington and another on the X7 which has already been attempted and died.

I don’t know what bus your but every time I get the 23 it’s always quite busy.  

You didn’t read my suggestion properly either as I put the X1 would go directly down the A19 to Hart Village to get to Hartlepool and would not serve Peterlee at all.  I suggested the X2 which would miss out Dalton Park and go the 61 does as a limited stop express to Peterlee.

14 Apr 2024, 12:32 am #2,975

As a driver who regularly does the 2/2A it definitely needs looking at one way or another lets just say its not the nicest route to be stuck behind the wheel for 5 hours, the circular does sound interesting though i would have the have the 2 going clockwise and 2A anti clockwise, you could scrap the 39 to Washington and have the 2s serve biddick woods then serve harraton going towards the Galleries from Shiney Row and serve biddick and penshaw towards Sunderland (Chester Rd) , believe it or not there is actually quite a few passengers who do travel the full route and would probably benefit from a quicker journey from the Galleries to Silksworth, i would also scrap the 2s from going down black road towards hollycarrside as it can be an absolute nightmare to make the turn in heavy traffic and i would send the 39A/B through as it keeps the connection from tunstall bank est to ASDA in leechmere as the only 38/38C use to. It also means Silksworth has a connection with East and New Herrington throughout the day rather than early morning and evenings with the 35A.

Excuse the badly drawn map but below is how i would have it 2 in the red (clockwise) serving biddick and penshaw (Avondale Rd)

2A in the purple (anticlockwise) serving biddick wood, harraton and lambton.[Image: cec0de6cccd5dfb949f1b9890c0b9704.jpg]

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Theboyle92
14 Apr 2024, 12:32 am #2,975

As a driver who regularly does the 2/2A it definitely needs looking at one way or another lets just say its not the nicest route to be stuck behind the wheel for 5 hours, the circular does sound interesting though i would have the have the 2 going clockwise and 2A anti clockwise, you could scrap the 39 to Washington and have the 2s serve biddick woods then serve harraton going towards the Galleries from Shiney Row and serve biddick and penshaw towards Sunderland (Chester Rd) , believe it or not there is actually quite a few passengers who do travel the full route and would probably benefit from a quicker journey from the Galleries to Silksworth, i would also scrap the 2s from going down black road towards hollycarrside as it can be an absolute nightmare to make the turn in heavy traffic and i would send the 39A/B through as it keeps the connection from tunstall bank est to ASDA in leechmere as the only 38/38C use to. It also means Silksworth has a connection with East and New Herrington throughout the day rather than early morning and evenings with the 35A.

Excuse the badly drawn map but below is how i would have it 2 in the red (clockwise) serving biddick and penshaw (Avondale Rd)

2A in the purple (anticlockwise) serving biddick wood, harraton and lambton.[Image: cec0de6cccd5dfb949f1b9890c0b9704.jpg]

V514DFT

14 Apr 2024, 9:45 am #2,976
I dont live in the area but could the 2 not be reverted to the way it was and split it into the 2 and 42/42A, and have the 42/42A do the Clockwise/Anti-Clockwise route you's have been talking about and the 2 then being the quicker direct service to Washington
V514DFT
14 Apr 2024, 9:45 am #2,976

I dont live in the area but could the 2 not be reverted to the way it was and split it into the 2 and 42/42A, and have the 42/42A do the Clockwise/Anti-Clockwise route you's have been talking about and the 2 then being the quicker direct service to Washington

Storx

14 Apr 2024, 9:46 am #2,977
(13 Apr 2024, 9:01 pm)col87 I don’t know what bus your but every time I get the 23 it’s always quite busy.  

I did, it'll only be really useful for a Dalton Park to Hartlepool service. Omitting Peterlee would make even less sense. The service would just be too slow to realistically sensible for anyone to use, you'd be talking 2 hours from end to end, the train takes 51 minutes. It's just not competitive, driving takes 40 minutes.

There's not really any worthwhile points on the way which might pick up people either. The delays on it would be a nightmare aswell.

This is assuming that there's now some form of franchising going on here but I'd personally do

60: Sunderland to Seaham (Every 15 Minutes)
61: Sunderland to Murton (Every 30 Minutes)
62: Sunderland to Durham via Easington Colliery - Current 22 (Every 30 Minutes) 

60/61/62: Every 7.5 Minutes, Sunderland to Eastlea

X60: Sunderland <> NON STOP <> Seaham <> NON STOP <> Peterlee - Blackhall - Hart - Hartlepool (Every 30 Minutes)
63: Current 24 (Every 30 Minutes)
64: Sunderland - Houghton - Hetton Downs (Replace 35) - Easington Lane - South Hetton - Peterlee - Blackhall - Hart - Hartlepool (Every 30 Minutes)

X60/63/64: Every 10 Minutes, Peterlee to Hartlepool
62/63: Every 15 Minutes, Peterlee to Durham
20/X20/64: Every 15 Minutes, Houghton to Sunderland

X1: Every 30 Minutes: Peterlee to Newcastle via South Hetton
X2: Every 30 Minutes: Peterlee to Newcastle via Murton
X3: Every 30 Minutes: Low Moorsley to Newcastle (35 route from Low Moorsley to Hetton)

X1/X2/X3: Every 10 Minutes Hetton to Newcastle

35: 35A route all day, between Houghton and Boldon only.

Be much tidier than the jumped up buses between Seaham and Sunderland which there are currently and removed the need for the silly 61 extension.
Edited 14 Apr 2024, 10:02 am by Storx.
Storx
14 Apr 2024, 9:46 am #2,977

(13 Apr 2024, 9:01 pm)col87 I don’t know what bus your but every time I get the 23 it’s always quite busy.  

I did, it'll only be really useful for a Dalton Park to Hartlepool service. Omitting Peterlee would make even less sense. The service would just be too slow to realistically sensible for anyone to use, you'd be talking 2 hours from end to end, the train takes 51 minutes. It's just not competitive, driving takes 40 minutes.

There's not really any worthwhile points on the way which might pick up people either. The delays on it would be a nightmare aswell.

This is assuming that there's now some form of franchising going on here but I'd personally do

X60: Sunderland <> NON STOP <> Seaham <> NON STOP <> Peterlee - Blackhall - Hart - Hartlepool (Every 30 Minutes)
64: Sunderland - Houghton - Hetton Downs (Replace 35) - Easington Lane - South Hetton - Peterlee - Blackhall - Hart - Hartlepool (Every 30 Minutes)

X3: Every 30 Minutes: Low Moorsley to Newcastle (35 route from Low Moorsley to Hetton)

Be much tidier than the jumped up buses between Seaham and Sunderland which there are currently and removed the need for the silly 61 extension.

Andreos1

14 Apr 2024, 11:35 am #2,978
(14 Apr 2024, 12:32 am)Theboyle92 As a driver who regularly does the 2/2A it definitely needs looking at one way or another lets just say its not the nicest route to be stuck behind the wheel for 5 hours, the circular does sound interesting though i would have the have the 2 going clockwise and 2A anti clockwise, you could scrap the 39 to Washington and have the 2s serve biddick woods then serve harraton  going towards the Galleries from Shiney Row and serve biddick and penshaw towards Sunderland (Chester Rd) , believe it or not there is actually quite a few passengers who do travel the full route and would probably benefit from a quicker journey from the Galleries to Silksworth, i would also scrap the 2s from going down black road towards hollycarrside as it can be an absolute nightmare to make the turn in heavy traffic and i would send the 39A/B through as it keeps the connection from tunstall bank est to ASDA in leechmere as the only 38/38C use to. It also means Silksworth has a connection with East and New Herrington throughout the day rather than early morning and evenings with the 35A.

2A in the purple (anticlockwise) serving biddick wood, harraton and lambton.
 [Image: cec0de6cccd5dfb949f1b9890c0b9704.jpg]

You're removing the section between Harraton and Shiney Row via Fatfield Club and Station Lane doing it that way. 

Surely there's enough time to double back from Biddick Woods via the Washington Highway to maintain that link? The locals would be kicking off if you removed their connection to 2 social clubs and 3 pubs.
Edited 14 Apr 2024, 11:36 am by Andreos1.

Andreos1
14 Apr 2024, 11:35 am #2,978

(14 Apr 2024, 12:32 am)Theboyle92 As a driver who regularly does the 2/2A it definitely needs looking at one way or another lets just say its not the nicest route to be stuck behind the wheel for 5 hours, the circular does sound interesting though i would have the have the 2 going clockwise and 2A anti clockwise, you could scrap the 39 to Washington and have the 2s serve biddick woods then serve harraton  going towards the Galleries from Shiney Row and serve biddick and penshaw towards Sunderland (Chester Rd) , believe it or not there is actually quite a few passengers who do travel the full route and would probably benefit from a quicker journey from the Galleries to Silksworth, i would also scrap the 2s from going down black road towards hollycarrside as it can be an absolute nightmare to make the turn in heavy traffic and i would send the 39A/B through as it keeps the connection from tunstall bank est to ASDA in leechmere as the only 38/38C use to. It also means Silksworth has a connection with East and New Herrington throughout the day rather than early morning and evenings with the 35A.

2A in the purple (anticlockwise) serving biddick wood, harraton and lambton.
 [Image: cec0de6cccd5dfb949f1b9890c0b9704.jpg]

You're removing the section between Harraton and Shiney Row via Fatfield Club and Station Lane doing it that way. 

Surely there's enough time to double back from Biddick Woods via the Washington Highway to maintain that link? The locals would be kicking off if you removed their connection to 2 social clubs and 3 pubs.

14 Apr 2024, 11:41 am #2,979
(14 Apr 2024, 11:35 am)Andreos1 You're removing the section between Harraton and Shiney Row via Fatfield Club and Station Lane doing it that way. 

I would change the 4 route to turn left at fatfield bridge along bowmill lane past the clubs then right onto biddick lane then right onto fallowfield way back on normal route then have the 8 go straight on towards fatfield bridge turn left onto worm hill terrace then left like current 2A and back onto normal route at biddick lane no stops would be missed.

4 in Pink
8 in Green [Image: 52468e2cbb2856cd6ae44239dbdcf63a.jpg]

Theboyle92
14 Apr 2024, 11:41 am #2,979

(14 Apr 2024, 11:35 am)Andreos1 You're removing the section between Harraton and Shiney Row via Fatfield Club and Station Lane doing it that way. 

I would change the 4 route to turn left at fatfield bridge along bowmill lane past the clubs then right onto biddick lane then right onto fallowfield way back on normal route then have the 8 go straight on towards fatfield bridge turn left onto worm hill terrace then left like current 2A and back onto normal route at biddick lane no stops would be missed.

4 in Pink
8 in Green [Image: 52468e2cbb2856cd6ae44239dbdcf63a.jpg]

col87

14 Apr 2024, 11:44 am #2,980
(14 Apr 2024, 9:46 am)Storx I did, it'll only be really useful for a Dalton Park to Hartlepool service. Omitting Peterlee would make even less sense. The service would just be too slow to realistically sensible for anyone to use, you'd be talking 2 hours from end to end, the train takes 51 minutes. It's just not competitive, driving takes 40 minutes.

Ok the X10 takes longer than the train but it’s still always packed end to end so that’s not really an excuse. The X5 used to work as did the 231 before Go North East got rid of them so am fairly confident it would work now.  My X1 idea would be limited stop so really it would only be. Hartlepool Interchange, Hartlepool Victoria Road, Mill House, Dyke House School, University Hospital, All stops Throston Grange and all stops Hart Village, Dalton Park, Easington Lane clock, Houghton Le Spring, then whatever stop it is to Washington then more or less direct to Newcastle so am fairly sure it would work.
col87
14 Apr 2024, 11:44 am #2,980

(14 Apr 2024, 9:46 am)Storx I did, it'll only be really useful for a Dalton Park to Hartlepool service. Omitting Peterlee would make even less sense. The service would just be too slow to realistically sensible for anyone to use, you'd be talking 2 hours from end to end, the train takes 51 minutes. It's just not competitive, driving takes 40 minutes.

Ok the X10 takes longer than the train but it’s still always packed end to end so that’s not really an excuse. The X5 used to work as did the 231 before Go North East got rid of them so am fairly confident it would work now.  My X1 idea would be limited stop so really it would only be. Hartlepool Interchange, Hartlepool Victoria Road, Mill House, Dyke House School, University Hospital, All stops Throston Grange and all stops Hart Village, Dalton Park, Easington Lane clock, Houghton Le Spring, then whatever stop it is to Washington then more or less direct to Newcastle so am fairly sure it would work.

Pages (150) Previous 1148 149 150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average