Login Register
North East Buses Local Bus Scene Bus Operations, Management & Infrastructure
Boxing Day Services 2016
(09/10/2016, 12:44)ifm001 Wrote: Bearing in mind when matches that fall on new years day don't get any offerings or extended services it all looks very highly unlikely

They paid for extra last year but I imagine it'll be key routes only and if it's anything like last time...GNE only.

Fans travelling home by Metro after the game are advised to allow enough time to make their journey. 

Go North East bus services on routes 10A, 10B, 21, 47, 54, 56, 58, 309, 310, Q3, Q3A, X1 and X30 will also operate extended hours with final services between 7.40pm and 8.20pm. Park and ride services to the MetroCentre Coach Park will also be in operation.
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/nexmas2016

Arriva planning to run Boxing Day services this year in Tyne & Wear.
(28/10/2016, 19:41)RobinHood Wrote: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/nexmas2016

Arriva planning to run Boxing Day services this year in Tyne & Wear.

Oh wow, they've actually moved into the 21st century =0
(28/10/2016, 19:46)Michael Wrote: Oh wow, they've actually moved into the 21st century =0
Not that far into the 21st century, still nothing for those of us who don't live on Tyneside ...

Hopefully the Tyneside routes will do well and hopefully in future, we could see some services south of the Tyne. Won't hold my breath though...
Finally!!
Tom | omnicity4659.co.uk  

(28/10/2016, 20:07)Jimmi Wrote: Not that far into the 21st century, still nothing for those of us who don't live on Tyneside ...

Hopefully the Tyneside routes will do well and hopefully in future, we could see some services south of the Tyne. Won't hold my breath though...

Tongue, well its a start haha
Good to see Arriva finally running some services on Boxing Day, even if they are only in Northumberland this year. Will be interesting to see the timetables, and how long the services will run for. Anyone know if all three depots will be running their own routes, or if one depot will be running them all?
(29/10/2016, 18:50)mb134 Wrote: Good to see Arriva finally running some services on Boxing Day, even if they are only in Northumberland this year. Will be interesting to see the timetables, and how long the services will run for. Anyone know if all three depots will be running their own routes, or if one depot will be running them all?

As far as I know they'll all be run out of Jesmond, although will be drivers from their own depots.
Clearly nobody works or goes to the sales on Boxing Day, if they live in Durham or Teesside. That is another headache for us in staffing Boxing Day then!
(29/10/2016, 19:44)tyresmoke Wrote: As far as I know they'll all be run out of Jesmond, although will be drivers from their own depots.

So, will all vehicles be supplied by Jesmond? Or will Ashington and Blyth send vehicles to Jesmond on Christmas Eve?