Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (21) Previous 119 20 21 Next
28 Feb 2017, 1:31 am #381
(27 Feb 2017, 9:05 pm)Dan Arriva market their premium Sapphire and MAX brands all of the time - on social media, in printed formats, etc etc. The Coastliner buses at Jesmond were promoting onward connections to MAX services a while back in the form of posters along the cove panels of the bus. I believe some standard Pulsars at Stockton had the same.

Just look at the timetable Kuyoyo shared earlier for the X93. More effort has gone into designing that timetable than a standard service.

Applying the same logic as you have in your previous posts, this must be Arriva showboating a premium service in favour of other 'bog standard' services such as the 9, 28, etc?

Most of the fleet has advertisements for "visit x" or "navigate to x"... Easy promotion for other services, not onboard features...

As for the X93 timetable, the same amount of effort has gone into designing that, it's just the generic design with a changeable background, whereas other timetables have photos of people (which would change when updated). 

What Arriva don't do is plaster crap on the sides of buses, and posters on board saying that free Wifi is available, power sockets etc... I got on an Angel the other day with a poster advertising USB points!
omnicity4659
28 Feb 2017, 1:31 am #381

(27 Feb 2017, 9:05 pm)Dan Arriva market their premium Sapphire and MAX brands all of the time - on social media, in printed formats, etc etc. The Coastliner buses at Jesmond were promoting onward connections to MAX services a while back in the form of posters along the cove panels of the bus. I believe some standard Pulsars at Stockton had the same.

Just look at the timetable Kuyoyo shared earlier for the X93. More effort has gone into designing that timetable than a standard service.

Applying the same logic as you have in your previous posts, this must be Arriva showboating a premium service in favour of other 'bog standard' services such as the 9, 28, etc?

Most of the fleet has advertisements for "visit x" or "navigate to x"... Easy promotion for other services, not onboard features...

As for the X93 timetable, the same amount of effort has gone into designing that, it's just the generic design with a changeable background, whereas other timetables have photos of people (which would change when updated). 

What Arriva don't do is plaster crap on the sides of buses, and posters on board saying that free Wifi is available, power sockets etc... I got on an Angel the other day with a poster advertising USB points!

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Feb 2017, 6:02 am #382
(28 Feb 2017, 1:31 am)omnicity4659 Most of the fleet has advertisements for "visit x" or "navigate to x"... Easy promotion for other services, not onboard features...

I'm really not sure what all of the big fuss is about - and clearly we're going to go round in round in circles here.

Go North East's market research has proven that existing customers appreciate having features such as free Wi-Fi, Next Stop Announcements, power sockets, etc. It's therefore a great idea to push that many of Go North East's buses have these features - and it's a growing number month on month, year on year. Around half of Go North East's main service fleet (excluding Coaching) now has Wi-Fi - this is a great thing to promote and it shows just how much Go North East is investing in this technology.

If existing customers appreciate it (which Go North East's market research proves that they do), new customers potentially will too. It's potentially something that can get more bums on seats - and that's the aim of the game, isn't it? Most of Go North East's buses are branded, so these buses are only going to be allocated as spares. Clearly Go North East has a strategy here - just as Arriva and Stagecoach do, too.

Arriva's strategy is clearly all about promoting the connections to other services - it only ever seems to be their premium MAX and Sapphire services, from what I have seen. Clearly Arriva wants to promote these brands as well as the services, as these services offer premium features compared to their standard specification. So my previous point still stands. If we are arguing that Go North East is dangling a carrot by the use of these taglines promoting that 'many' of Go North East's buses have these features, then the same should be argued for Arriva with these posters. Arriva's customers would sit on a standard specification bus and would see these posters on the cove panels. They would see the MAX brand, and find that that service has free Wi-Fi, leather seats, while the one they are on has nothing. To suggest that the company 'does not care' about passengers on that service because it isn't branded MAX or Sapphire would be ludicrous, as I'm sure you'll all agree. Just how it's ludicrous to suggest this with Go North East, too.

Regarding the poster you saw on-board the Angel - it did not promote that that bus offered USB charging points. It promoted the fact that 1 in 3 of Go North East's buses have that feature - or something along those lines - similar to these new taglines.
Dan
28 Feb 2017, 6:02 am #382

(28 Feb 2017, 1:31 am)omnicity4659 Most of the fleet has advertisements for "visit x" or "navigate to x"... Easy promotion for other services, not onboard features...

I'm really not sure what all of the big fuss is about - and clearly we're going to go round in round in circles here.

Go North East's market research has proven that existing customers appreciate having features such as free Wi-Fi, Next Stop Announcements, power sockets, etc. It's therefore a great idea to push that many of Go North East's buses have these features - and it's a growing number month on month, year on year. Around half of Go North East's main service fleet (excluding Coaching) now has Wi-Fi - this is a great thing to promote and it shows just how much Go North East is investing in this technology.

If existing customers appreciate it (which Go North East's market research proves that they do), new customers potentially will too. It's potentially something that can get more bums on seats - and that's the aim of the game, isn't it? Most of Go North East's buses are branded, so these buses are only going to be allocated as spares. Clearly Go North East has a strategy here - just as Arriva and Stagecoach do, too.

Arriva's strategy is clearly all about promoting the connections to other services - it only ever seems to be their premium MAX and Sapphire services, from what I have seen. Clearly Arriva wants to promote these brands as well as the services, as these services offer premium features compared to their standard specification. So my previous point still stands. If we are arguing that Go North East is dangling a carrot by the use of these taglines promoting that 'many' of Go North East's buses have these features, then the same should be argued for Arriva with these posters. Arriva's customers would sit on a standard specification bus and would see these posters on the cove panels. They would see the MAX brand, and find that that service has free Wi-Fi, leather seats, while the one they are on has nothing. To suggest that the company 'does not care' about passengers on that service because it isn't branded MAX or Sapphire would be ludicrous, as I'm sure you'll all agree. Just how it's ludicrous to suggest this with Go North East, too.

Regarding the poster you saw on-board the Angel - it did not promote that that bus offered USB charging points. It promoted the fact that 1 in 3 of Go North East's buses have that feature - or something along those lines - similar to these new taglines.

Ambassador

28 Feb 2017, 7:20 am #383
Informed by the genuinely lovely bloke driving the ex7.15 554 to Quorum that I'm his first passenger in 6 months to board at Haymarket.

I want a badge!

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
28 Feb 2017, 7:20 am #383

Informed by the genuinely lovely bloke driving the ex7.15 554 to Quorum that I'm his first passenger in 6 months to board at Haymarket.

I want a badge!

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

S813 FVK

28 Feb 2017, 7:44 am #384
(28 Feb 2017, 6:02 am)Dan Regarding the poster you saw on-board the Angel - it did not promote that that bus offered USB charging points. It promoted the fact that 1 in 3 of Go North East's buses have that feature - or something along those lines - similar to these new taglines.

I can verify this - the same poster is on 6042
S813 FVK
28 Feb 2017, 7:44 am #384

(28 Feb 2017, 6:02 am)Dan Regarding the poster you saw on-board the Angel - it did not promote that that bus offered USB charging points. It promoted the fact that 1 in 3 of Go North East's buses have that feature - or something along those lines - similar to these new taglines.

I can verify this - the same poster is on 6042

LeeCalder

28 Feb 2017, 8:22 am #385
On first impressions, I would take it as "Oh, it must have WiFi" but everyone is different. Obviously 633 doesn't go to the moon and back however many times it is though!.......
LeeCalder
28 Feb 2017, 8:22 am #385

On first impressions, I would take it as "Oh, it must have WiFi" but everyone is different. Obviously 633 doesn't go to the moon and back however many times it is though!.......

Jamie M

Unregistered

28 Feb 2017, 8:52 am #386
(28 Feb 2017, 7:20 am)Ambassador Informed by the genuinely lovely bloke driving the ex7.15 554 to Quorum that I'm his first passenger in 6 months to board at Haymarket.

I want a badge!
If there's a Stanley driver I know, I will just get on a strange place. I've gotten on that stop between Pickering Nook and Lintz - Burnopfield, Watergate Bank, between byermoor and marley hill, between sacriston and the font in stanley - basically anywhere in south west T/W or Derwentside where you never see anyone ever get off, I have probably boarded there. Obviously your case is different being a bus station, but I love seeing the reactions haha
Jamie M
28 Feb 2017, 8:52 am #386

(28 Feb 2017, 7:20 am)Ambassador Informed by the genuinely lovely bloke driving the ex7.15 554 to Quorum that I'm his first passenger in 6 months to board at Haymarket.

I want a badge!
If there's a Stanley driver I know, I will just get on a strange place. I've gotten on that stop between Pickering Nook and Lintz - Burnopfield, Watergate Bank, between byermoor and marley hill, between sacriston and the font in stanley - basically anywhere in south west T/W or Derwentside where you never see anyone ever get off, I have probably boarded there. Obviously your case is different being a bus station, but I love seeing the reactions haha

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Feb 2017, 3:12 pm #387
5286 has returned following refurb. 5275 has gone to Blackburn in its place.
Dan
28 Feb 2017, 3:12 pm #387

5286 has returned following refurb. 5275 has gone to Blackburn in its place.

S813 FVK

28 Feb 2017, 4:16 pm #388
Chester-le-Street appears to the next depot to have the old logos replaced with new logos. Reports that at least a few of the Angels have been done.
S813 FVK
28 Feb 2017, 4:16 pm #388

Chester-le-Street appears to the next depot to have the old logos replaced with new logos. Reports that at least a few of the Angels have been done.

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Feb 2017, 4:18 pm #389
(28 Feb 2017, 4:16 pm)S813 FVK Chester-le-Street appears to the next depot to have the old logos replaced with new logos. Reports that at least a few of the Angels have been done.

I believe Hexham was completed last week, after Deptford.
Dan
28 Feb 2017, 4:18 pm #389

(28 Feb 2017, 4:16 pm)S813 FVK Chester-le-Street appears to the next depot to have the old logos replaced with new logos. Reports that at least a few of the Angels have been done.

I believe Hexham was completed last week, after Deptford.

S813 FVK

28 Feb 2017, 4:27 pm #390
(28 Feb 2017, 4:18 pm)Dan I believe Hexham was completed last week, after Deptford.

I noticed 6072 was running around with the old logo when I was through the Metrocentre last night - presumably because it has been allocated to the 'wrong' boards at the wrong time so it has ended up at the other depot.
S813 FVK
28 Feb 2017, 4:27 pm #390

(28 Feb 2017, 4:18 pm)Dan I believe Hexham was completed last week, after Deptford.

I noticed 6072 was running around with the old logo when I was through the Metrocentre last night - presumably because it has been allocated to the 'wrong' boards at the wrong time so it has ended up at the other depot.

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Feb 2017, 4:33 pm #391
(26 Feb 2017, 5:34 pm)Dan 710 and 711 arrived at Saltmeadows Road on 24/02/17, as well as refurbished Merc Citaro 5285.

At Saltmeadows Road:

[Image: 33171377615_3eea715dcf.jpg]Go North East: 5285 / NK08CFU by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

And now branded for the Wear Xpress X5 - at Deptford Depot:

[Image: 33171385645_9c5b7a1c70.jpg]Go North East: 5285 / NK08CFU by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

(28 Feb 2017, 3:12 pm)Dan 5286 has returned following refurb. 5275 has gone to Blackburn in its place.

[Image: 33171383245_6832acc98c.jpg]Go North East: 5286 / NK08CFV by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
Dan
28 Feb 2017, 4:33 pm #391

(26 Feb 2017, 5:34 pm)Dan 710 and 711 arrived at Saltmeadows Road on 24/02/17, as well as refurbished Merc Citaro 5285.

At Saltmeadows Road:

[Image: 33171377615_3eea715dcf.jpg]Go North East: 5285 / NK08CFU by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

And now branded for the Wear Xpress X5 - at Deptford Depot:

[Image: 33171385645_9c5b7a1c70.jpg]Go North East: 5285 / NK08CFU by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

(28 Feb 2017, 3:12 pm)Dan 5286 has returned following refurb. 5275 has gone to Blackburn in its place.

[Image: 33171383245_6832acc98c.jpg]Go North East: 5286 / NK08CFV by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

S813 FVK

28 Feb 2017, 5:01 pm #392
Dare I mention the lack of feature symbols...? Angel

It brings us back to part of the debate which we had yesterday. This isn't an attack on you as you have no responsibility for the branding and what is on it but you said the following:

The taglines don't advertise that the bus it is featured on has Wi-Fi or power sockets - that is of course the purpose of the feature symbols after all.
I agree with what you said, but it isn't at all helpful when they aren't used on the brandings introduced since the feature symbols have been introduced (Venture, Fab56 etc are a different story).
Edited 28 Feb 2017, 5:03 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
28 Feb 2017, 5:01 pm #392

Dare I mention the lack of feature symbols...? Angel

It brings us back to part of the debate which we had yesterday. This isn't an attack on you as you have no responsibility for the branding and what is on it but you said the following:

The taglines don't advertise that the bus it is featured on has Wi-Fi or power sockets - that is of course the purpose of the feature symbols after all.
I agree with what you said, but it isn't at all helpful when they aren't used on the brandings introduced since the feature symbols have been introduced (Venture, Fab56 etc are a different story).

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Feb 2017, 5:02 pm #393
(28 Feb 2017, 5:01 pm)S813 FVK Dare I mention the lack of feature symbols...? Angel

The "Wear Xpress" branded Mercs and Solos will receive feature symbols at a later date.

Also of note is the entry into service of baby Solo 709 at Riverside - on service 13 today.
Dan
28 Feb 2017, 5:02 pm #393

(28 Feb 2017, 5:01 pm)S813 FVK Dare I mention the lack of feature symbols...? Angel

The "Wear Xpress" branded Mercs and Solos will receive feature symbols at a later date.

Also of note is the entry into service of baby Solo 709 at Riverside - on service 13 today.

jack

28 Feb 2017, 6:43 pm #394
does anyone think that before the omnicity went to toonlink 12 and x30 they could of put them on the 97 as it would be easier to get to them if they broke down and put plain red solars on the 12 and omnidekkas on the x30
jack
28 Feb 2017, 6:43 pm #394

does anyone think that before the omnicity went to toonlink 12 and x30 they could of put them on the 97 as it would be easier to get to them if they broke down and put plain red solars on the 12 and omnidekkas on the x30

Jamie M

Unregistered

28 Feb 2017, 7:08 pm #395
(28 Feb 2017, 6:43 pm)jack does anyone think that before the omnicity went to toonlink 12 and x30 they could of put them on the 97 as it would be easier to get to them if they broke down and put plain red solars on the 12 and omnidekkas on the x30
What do you mean by 'easier to get to them'? I'm a little confused.
Jamie M
28 Feb 2017, 7:08 pm #395

(28 Feb 2017, 6:43 pm)jack does anyone think that before the omnicity went to toonlink 12 and x30 they could of put them on the 97 as it would be easier to get to them if they broke down and put plain red solars on the 12 and omnidekkas on the x30
What do you mean by 'easier to get to them'? I'm a little confused.

28 Feb 2017, 7:11 pm #396
(28 Feb 2017, 7:08 pm)Jamie M What do you mean by 'easier to get to them'? I'm a little confused.

He means being kept local in case of a breakdown. Usually happens with troublesome vehicles.
omnicity4659
28 Feb 2017, 7:11 pm #396

(28 Feb 2017, 7:08 pm)Jamie M What do you mean by 'easier to get to them'? I'm a little confused.

He means being kept local in case of a breakdown. Usually happens with troublesome vehicles.

Jamie M

Unregistered

28 Feb 2017, 7:15 pm #397
(28 Feb 2017, 7:11 pm)omnicity4659 He means being kept local in case of a breakdown. Usually happens with troublesome vehicles.
They don't often have issues? At least with Stanley's - their always fine. It makes very little difference how long it takes for engineering to get to a vehicle, in my opinion.
Jamie M
28 Feb 2017, 7:15 pm #397

(28 Feb 2017, 7:11 pm)omnicity4659 He means being kept local in case of a breakdown. Usually happens with troublesome vehicles.
They don't often have issues? At least with Stanley's - their always fine. It makes very little difference how long it takes for engineering to get to a vehicle, in my opinion.

jack

28 Feb 2017, 7:16 pm #398

thats what i meant

riversides are terrible glad i moved to ryton although i still get bad buses on the ten
Edited 28 Feb 2017, 7:18 pm by jack.
jack
28 Feb 2017, 7:16 pm #398

thats what i meant

riversides are terrible glad i moved to ryton although i still get bad buses on the ten

28 Feb 2017, 7:58 pm #399
(28 Feb 2017, 5:02 pm)Dan The "Wear Xpress" branded Mercs and Solos will receive feature symbols at a later date.

How many Merc Citaros are there away at any one time at Blackburn for this current refurb?

Is the Baby Solo going to be the regular allocated vehicle now for service 13 ?
thetravelman
28 Feb 2017, 7:58 pm #399

(28 Feb 2017, 5:02 pm)Dan The "Wear Xpress" branded Mercs and Solos will receive feature symbols at a later date.

How many Merc Citaros are there away at any one time at Blackburn for this current refurb?

Is the Baby Solo going to be the regular allocated vehicle now for service 13 ?

Malarkey

28 Feb 2017, 8:47 pm #400
Just a wild stab in the dark here, but could we see Mercs 5275-83 move to Deptford for the 39 once Repainted/Refurbished down Blackburn and branded "Black Cats" alongside the Solos on the 33/38 & 238, with the Solars being released into a spare role in the fleet.
Malarkey
28 Feb 2017, 8:47 pm #400

Just a wild stab in the dark here, but could we see Mercs 5275-83 move to Deptford for the 39 once Repainted/Refurbished down Blackburn and branded "Black Cats" alongside the Solos on the 33/38 & 238, with the Solars being released into a spare role in the fleet.

Pages (21) Previous 119 20 21 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average