Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (21) Previous 118 19 20 21 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

26 Feb 2017, 5:34 pm #361
(26 Feb 2017, 2:56 pm)Michael Thanks EL1TE, they seem to be arriving quick now.

713 arrived at Saltmeadows Road on 17/02/17.

697 arrived at Saltmeadows Road on 22/02/17.

712 and 714 arrived at Saltmeadows Road on 23/02/17.

710 and 711 arrived at Saltmeadows Road on 24/02/17, as well as refurbished Merc Citaro 5285.

So they're all here now!
Dan
26 Feb 2017, 5:34 pm #361

(26 Feb 2017, 2:56 pm)Michael Thanks EL1TE, they seem to be arriving quick now.

713 arrived at Saltmeadows Road on 17/02/17.

710 and 711 arrived at Saltmeadows Road on 24/02/17, as well as refurbished Merc Citaro 5285.

So they're all here now!

Michael

26 Feb 2017, 5:39 pm #362
(26 Feb 2017, 5:34 pm)Dan 713 arrived at Saltmeadows Road on 17/02/17.

So they're all here now!

Tongue, are all the Solo's going in "Go North East"?

When will the smaller Solo's enter service?
Edited 26 Feb 2017, 5:40 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Feb 2017, 5:39 pm #362

(26 Feb 2017, 5:34 pm)Dan 713 arrived at Saltmeadows Road on 17/02/17.

So they're all here now!

Tongue, are all the Solo's going in "Go North East"?

When will the smaller Solo's enter service?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

27 Feb 2017, 7:22 pm #363
5211 has gained the slogan "Stay connected. Many of our buses have free WiFi on board."

https://flic.kr/p/RgvVdg
S813 FVK
27 Feb 2017, 7:22 pm #363

5211 has gained the slogan "Stay connected. Many of our buses have free WiFi on board."

https://flic.kr/p/RgvVdg

idiot

27 Feb 2017, 8:07 pm #364
Shame that one doesn't!
idiot
27 Feb 2017, 8:07 pm #364

Shame that one doesn't!

mb134

27 Feb 2017, 8:30 pm #365
Am I missing something with these taglines? What exactly is the point in highlighting that "many of buses have WiFi" on a vehicle doesn't have it? 

I imagine that vehicle will be the usual allocation for whatever route it is being used on, and as such the passengers will never actually experience the WiFi that the tagline is bragging about.
mb134
27 Feb 2017, 8:30 pm #365

Am I missing something with these taglines? What exactly is the point in highlighting that "many of buses have WiFi" on a vehicle doesn't have it? 

I imagine that vehicle will be the usual allocation for whatever route it is being used on, and as such the passengers will never actually experience the WiFi that the tagline is bragging about.

27 Feb 2017, 8:43 pm #366
(27 Feb 2017, 8:30 pm)mb134 Am I missing something with these taglines? What exactly is the point in highlighting that "many of buses have WiFi" on a vehicle doesn't have it? 

Agree it's nonsense.  Might as well say 'many of our buses are better than this one - unlucky'.
stagecoachbusdepot
27 Feb 2017, 8:43 pm #366

(27 Feb 2017, 8:30 pm)mb134 Am I missing something with these taglines? What exactly is the point in highlighting that "many of buses have WiFi" on a vehicle doesn't have it? 

Agree it's nonsense.  Might as well say 'many of our buses are better than this one - unlucky'.

S813 FVK

27 Feb 2017, 8:45 pm #367

I don't see what is wrong with it? The tagline does not say 'this bus has free wifi' - it just gives the general fact that many Go North East buses have free wifi. To me that bus has no features, as none of the blobs have been applied.
S813 FVK
27 Feb 2017, 8:45 pm #367

I don't see what is wrong with it? The tagline does not say 'this bus has free wifi' - it just gives the general fact that many Go North East buses have free wifi. To me that bus has no features, as none of the blobs have been applied.

mb134

27 Feb 2017, 8:47 pm #368
(27 Feb 2017, 8:45 pm)S813 FVK I don't see what is wrong with it? The tagline does not say 'this bus has free wifi' - it just gives the general fact that many Go North East buses have free wifi. To me that bus has no features, as none of the blobs have been applied.

What kind of message does that give to the passengers of that service though? 

'We don't really care about you, but look what we're giving to other services!' is what I'd take from it.
mb134
27 Feb 2017, 8:47 pm #368

(27 Feb 2017, 8:45 pm)S813 FVK I don't see what is wrong with it? The tagline does not say 'this bus has free wifi' - it just gives the general fact that many Go North East buses have free wifi. To me that bus has no features, as none of the blobs have been applied.

What kind of message does that give to the passengers of that service though? 

'We don't really care about you, but look what we're giving to other services!' is what I'd take from it.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Feb 2017, 8:50 pm #369
Surely the taglines on 5211 and 5324 are appealing to new potential customers? Those who perhaps don't use buses at present?

The taglines don't advertise that the bus it is featured on has Wi-Fi or power sockets - that is of course the purpose of the feature symbols after all.

Many buses in Sunderland do have Wi-Fi - you could find this out by visiting gonortheast.co.uk (which is prominently shown on the livery in addition to the yellow tagline). Agree the one on 5324 could have been used better on a spare bus at a different depot - perhaps at Riverside, where many buses do have power sockets.

Or maybe I've missed the point..?
Dan
27 Feb 2017, 8:50 pm #369

Surely the taglines on 5211 and 5324 are appealing to new potential customers? Those who perhaps don't use buses at present?

The taglines don't advertise that the bus it is featured on has Wi-Fi or power sockets - that is of course the purpose of the feature symbols after all.

Many buses in Sunderland do have Wi-Fi - you could find this out by visiting gonortheast.co.uk (which is prominently shown on the livery in addition to the yellow tagline). Agree the one on 5324 could have been used better on a spare bus at a different depot - perhaps at Riverside, where many buses do have power sockets.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Feb 2017, 8:54 pm #370
(27 Feb 2017, 8:47 pm)mb134 What kind of message does that give to the passengers of that service though? 

Are you suggesting the same of Arriva's Sapphire brand?

"Look; we've got a nice premium Sapphire specification bus on that route, but you can enjoy your bog standard bus with no premium features on this route!"
Dan
27 Feb 2017, 8:54 pm #370

(27 Feb 2017, 8:47 pm)mb134 What kind of message does that give to the passengers of that service though? 

Are you suggesting the same of Arriva's Sapphire brand?

"Look; we've got a nice premium Sapphire specification bus on that route, but you can enjoy your bog standard bus with no premium features on this route!"

mb134

27 Feb 2017, 9:00 pm #371
(27 Feb 2017, 8:50 pm)Dan Surely the taglines on 5211 and 5324 are appealing to new potential customers? Those who perhaps don't use buses at present?

If I was a new customer, and saw a bus with the tagline present on 5211, I'd assume that 5211 would have free WiFi - why would it be highlighting it otherwise?

If GNE are using this as a tagline, they obviously must see WiFi as something that increases passenger numbers. A potential passenger may see the tagline on 5211 and consider using that service because in their mind that bus has WiFi.
mb134
27 Feb 2017, 9:00 pm #371

(27 Feb 2017, 8:50 pm)Dan Surely the taglines on 5211 and 5324 are appealing to new potential customers? Those who perhaps don't use buses at present?

If I was a new customer, and saw a bus with the tagline present on 5211, I'd assume that 5211 would have free WiFi - why would it be highlighting it otherwise?

If GNE are using this as a tagline, they obviously must see WiFi as something that increases passenger numbers. A potential passenger may see the tagline on 5211 and consider using that service because in their mind that bus has WiFi.

S813 FVK

27 Feb 2017, 9:00 pm #372

I completely agree - it is perhaps why I have been so repetitive regarding the use of the feature symbols on corporate liveried vehicles, along with the fact that if they are going to be used, it should be a fleet wide thing, rather than just the branded vehicles and vehicles with promotional liveries.
S813 FVK
27 Feb 2017, 9:00 pm #372

I completely agree - it is perhaps why I have been so repetitive regarding the use of the feature symbols on corporate liveried vehicles, along with the fact that if they are going to be used, it should be a fleet wide thing, rather than just the branded vehicles and vehicles with promotional liveries.

mb134

27 Feb 2017, 9:01 pm #373
(27 Feb 2017, 8:54 pm)Dan Are you suggesting the same of Arriva's Sapphire brand?

The difference is that Arriva don't apply "Look at our shiny Sapphire bus" taglines to their standard vehicles...
mb134
27 Feb 2017, 9:01 pm #373

(27 Feb 2017, 8:54 pm)Dan Are you suggesting the same of Arriva's Sapphire brand?

The difference is that Arriva don't apply "Look at our shiny Sapphire bus" taglines to their standard vehicles...

S813 FVK

27 Feb 2017, 9:02 pm #374
(27 Feb 2017, 9:00 pm)mb134 If I was a new customer, and saw a bus with the tagline present on 5211, I'd assume that 5211 would have free WiFi - why would it be highlighting it otherwise?

Again, the tagline does not specifically say "This bus has free WiFi". Therefore, I wouldn't say that the vehicle it is applied to requires WiFi to be fitted.
S813 FVK
27 Feb 2017, 9:02 pm #374

(27 Feb 2017, 9:00 pm)mb134 If I was a new customer, and saw a bus with the tagline present on 5211, I'd assume that 5211 would have free WiFi - why would it be highlighting it otherwise?

Again, the tagline does not specifically say "This bus has free WiFi". Therefore, I wouldn't say that the vehicle it is applied to requires WiFi to be fitted.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Feb 2017, 9:02 pm #375

Why would you assume this?

The tagline says "many of our buses" - not "this bus".

If I was a new customer, I would be inclined to visit gonortheast.co.uk to find out more about a service which I could use, if free Wi-Fi was something that could get me to use buses. My local service would be the Prince Bishops 20. I would discover on the website that this service does have Wi-Fi, and I may wish to change from my current preferred method of travelling to using the Prince Bishops 20 service instead.
Dan
27 Feb 2017, 9:02 pm #375

Why would you assume this?

If I was a new customer, I would be inclined to visit gonortheast.co.uk to find out more about a service which I could use, if free Wi-Fi was something that could get me to use buses. My local service would be the Prince Bishops 20. I would discover on the website that this service does have Wi-Fi, and I may wish to change from my current preferred method of travelling to using the Prince Bishops 20 service instead.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Feb 2017, 9:05 pm #376
(27 Feb 2017, 9:01 pm)mb134 The difference is that Arriva don't apply "Look at our shiny Sapphire bus" taglines to their standard vehicles...

Arriva market their premium Sapphire and MAX brands all of the time - on social media, in printed formats, etc etc. The Coastliner buses at Jesmond were promoting onward connections to MAX services a while back in the form of posters along the cove panels of the bus. I believe some standard Pulsars at Stockton had the same.

Just look at the timetable Kuyoyo shared earlier for the X93. More effort has gone into designing that timetable than a standard service.

Applying the same logic as you have in your previous posts, this must be Arriva showboating a premium service in favour of other 'bog standard' services such as the 9, 28, etc?
Dan
27 Feb 2017, 9:05 pm #376

(27 Feb 2017, 9:01 pm)mb134 The difference is that Arriva don't apply "Look at our shiny Sapphire bus" taglines to their standard vehicles...

Arriva market their premium Sapphire and MAX brands all of the time - on social media, in printed formats, etc etc. The Coastliner buses at Jesmond were promoting onward connections to MAX services a while back in the form of posters along the cove panels of the bus. I believe some standard Pulsars at Stockton had the same.

Just look at the timetable Kuyoyo shared earlier for the X93. More effort has gone into designing that timetable than a standard service.

Applying the same logic as you have in your previous posts, this must be Arriva showboating a premium service in favour of other 'bog standard' services such as the 9, 28, etc?

mb134

27 Feb 2017, 9:13 pm #377
(27 Feb 2017, 9:02 pm)Dan Why would you assume this?

I think it would be a reasonable assumption. 

Chances are, if you see that vehicle, it would be on your local service. If I saw that bus drive past me telling me that "many buses" have free WiFi, I think it would be reasonable to think that that vehicle was one of the buses with WiFi fitted. 
(27 Feb 2017, 9:05 pm)Dan Arriva market their premium Sapphire and MAX brands all of the time - on social media, in printed formats, etc etc.

Again, I'd argue that that is quite a bit different. Passengers of every other service aren't faced with Sapphire/MAX taglines on their bus every day.
mb134
27 Feb 2017, 9:13 pm #377

(27 Feb 2017, 9:02 pm)Dan Why would you assume this?

I think it would be a reasonable assumption. 

Chances are, if you see that vehicle, it would be on your local service. If I saw that bus drive past me telling me that "many buses" have free WiFi, I think it would be reasonable to think that that vehicle was one of the buses with WiFi fitted. 
(27 Feb 2017, 9:05 pm)Dan Arriva market their premium Sapphire and MAX brands all of the time - on social media, in printed formats, etc etc.

Again, I'd argue that that is quite a bit different. Passengers of every other service aren't faced with Sapphire/MAX taglines on their bus every day.

S813 FVK

27 Feb 2017, 9:15 pm #378
(27 Feb 2017, 9:13 pm)mb134 Again, I'd argue that that is quite a bit different. Passengers of every other service aren't faced with Sapphire/MAX taglines on their bus every day.

I'd argue that it would be no different. Passengers of every other service aren't faced with a bus stating that many buses have WiFi every day.
S813 FVK
27 Feb 2017, 9:15 pm #378

(27 Feb 2017, 9:13 pm)mb134 Again, I'd argue that that is quite a bit different. Passengers of every other service aren't faced with Sapphire/MAX taglines on their bus every day.

I'd argue that it would be no different. Passengers of every other service aren't faced with a bus stating that many buses have WiFi every day.

Adrian

27 Feb 2017, 9:25 pm #379
I quite like the new taglines, and the rounded design is a vast improvement on what appeared on 633.

I do take mb134's point though. Perhaps taglines about WiFi for example, would be best placed on the spare/fleet livery vehicles that offer this feature. e.g. 5331/32? I am well aware that the tagline states 'many', but if it were up to me, I'd personally want to avoid my customers incorrectly assuming that we're offering something we're not. You only have to look as far as Social Media to see that a lot of customers base their opinion of the company, on that sole bus journey they've made today.

Plus I am sure there are plenty of 'fun facts' or company specific taglines that could go there instead. I quite like the ones Brighton and Hove have used on their non-branded vehicles.

[Image: 8645464876_7eab7032b3.jpg]
Side view of Brighton and hove Hybrid Bus by Brightonbusfan81, on Flickr

[Image: 14887427317_d5e432fe4a.jpg]
Brighton & Hove: 612 GX03SVC Scania N94UD/East Lancs Omnidekka by emdjt42, on Flickr

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
27 Feb 2017, 9:25 pm #379

I quite like the new taglines, and the rounded design is a vast improvement on what appeared on 633.

I do take mb134's point though. Perhaps taglines about WiFi for example, would be best placed on the spare/fleet livery vehicles that offer this feature. e.g. 5331/32? I am well aware that the tagline states 'many', but if it were up to me, I'd personally want to avoid my customers incorrectly assuming that we're offering something we're not. You only have to look as far as Social Media to see that a lot of customers base their opinion of the company, on that sole bus journey they've made today.

Plus I am sure there are plenty of 'fun facts' or company specific taglines that could go there instead. I quite like the ones Brighton and Hove have used on their non-branded vehicles.

[Image: 8645464876_7eab7032b3.jpg]
Side view of Brighton and hove Hybrid Bus by Brightonbusfan81, on Flickr

[Image: 14887427317_d5e432fe4a.jpg]
Brighton & Hove: 612 GX03SVC Scania N94UD/East Lancs Omnidekka by emdjt42, on Flickr

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Acky81

28 Feb 2017, 12:59 am #380
5208 has been on 39 all day with no destination board working. Made me think how is there passengers on with no indication of a route number.
Acky81
28 Feb 2017, 12:59 am #380

5208 has been on 39 all day with no destination board working. Made me think how is there passengers on with no indication of a route number.

Pages (21) Previous 118 19 20 21 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average