Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators County Durham Independents Stanley Travel

Stanley Travel

Stanley Travel

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (47) Previous 144 45 46 47 Next
Adrian

18 Jul 2021, 9:14 pm #881
(18 Jul 2021, 7:52 pm)Dan Due to very low passenger numbers (you never get more than two on one trip, sometimes goes all day without picking up a single passenger), Stanley Travel are now running this service on behalf of Go North East, allowing Go North East’s driver resource to be better utilised.

Go North East recently took over operation of a number of Gateshead Central Taxis contracts for Nexus on evenings and Sundays, and similar to this situation for the ConnectorShuttle, agreement was reached with Nexus to revise the Gateshead Central Taxis SNS contract to run on a lower frequency and interwork with the MetroShuttle, with Go North East’s service being withdrawn. This allowed the driver resource to be re-allocated to the Washington evening local services, which Gateshead Central Taxis were unable to cover.

An 8-seat taxi was used this weekend, with signage in the window for ConnectorShuttle: https://flic.kr/p/2mbTQrj

I believe a 16-seat minibus will be used from Monday.

In an ideal world the MetroShuttle would be diverted via Concord (following the same route as service 4 from Heworth) allowing the ConnectorShuttle to be withdrawn completely…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No wonder I missed that! GCT special with that sheet of A4 in the window Smile

I mean at least it was stopping at stand C for passengers, but far from ideal when they're expecting a big blue bus with a rainbow on the side.

Genuinely surprised to see the taxi though, regardless of passenger numbers. I thought the contract specification would have required a decent size bus.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
18 Jul 2021, 9:14 pm #881

(18 Jul 2021, 7:52 pm)Dan Due to very low passenger numbers (you never get more than two on one trip, sometimes goes all day without picking up a single passenger), Stanley Travel are now running this service on behalf of Go North East, allowing Go North East’s driver resource to be better utilised.

Go North East recently took over operation of a number of Gateshead Central Taxis contracts for Nexus on evenings and Sundays, and similar to this situation for the ConnectorShuttle, agreement was reached with Nexus to revise the Gateshead Central Taxis SNS contract to run on a lower frequency and interwork with the MetroShuttle, with Go North East’s service being withdrawn. This allowed the driver resource to be re-allocated to the Washington evening local services, which Gateshead Central Taxis were unable to cover.

An 8-seat taxi was used this weekend, with signage in the window for ConnectorShuttle: https://flic.kr/p/2mbTQrj

I believe a 16-seat minibus will be used from Monday.

In an ideal world the MetroShuttle would be diverted via Concord (following the same route as service 4 from Heworth) allowing the ConnectorShuttle to be withdrawn completely…

No wonder I missed that! GCT special with that sheet of A4 in the window Smile

I mean at least it was stopping at stand C for passengers, but far from ideal when they're expecting a big blue bus with a rainbow on the side.

Genuinely surprised to see the taxi though, regardless of passenger numbers. I thought the contract specification would have required a decent size bus.

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Jul 2021, 4:53 am #882
(18 Jul 2021, 9:14 pm)Adrian No wonder I missed that! GCT special with that sheet of A4 in the window Smile

It’s a commercially operated service (as was the MetroShuttle until the changes mentioned in my last post) so there isn’t a contract specification. Don’t forget that this was originally effectively a roadworks shuttle bus while the 50 and 56 couldn’t serve Nissan. The SNS was the only one of the three which was contracted by Nexus.

In ordinary circumstances I’d have otherwise agreed that it wouldn’t be acceptable to run an 8-seat taxi or 16-seat minibus on frontline service (even if it was the norm pre-pandemic for our friends in grey and red!) but it’s tough times at the moment - not just for the bus industry but for everyone seemingly - and to minimise disruption, it’s best that resources are reviewed and adjustments made. It’d be mad to have a big diesel Scania OmniCity chugging away all day needing two drivers daily, when mileage is having to be stood due to short-notice failures as a result of track and trace.

Arriva will be reducing all their services from Blyth to be half-hourly, the X6 will be suspended, and it has been rumoured that the X12 between Durham and Newcastle will also be suspended (although yet to see confirmation of this on Arriva’s website) from this Sunday.

In Middlesbrough, Stagecoach have sub-contracted their vaccination shuttle bus out to JH Coaches. A far less political approach than cancelling services and reducing frequencies. Amazed to see them introducing new services (19 in Sunderland) when they’ve been successful in winning Nexus contracts (99 and 319) which will both require more driver resource, as they’re in the same boat as everyone else staffing-wise and won’t improve drastically over the summer as they don’t operate that many school buses.

Hopefully things improve next month once double-jabbed people no longer need to self-isolate!

Dan
19 Jul 2021, 4:53 am #882

(18 Jul 2021, 9:14 pm)Adrian No wonder I missed that! GCT special with that sheet of A4 in the window Smile

It’s a commercially operated service (as was the MetroShuttle until the changes mentioned in my last post) so there isn’t a contract specification. Don’t forget that this was originally effectively a roadworks shuttle bus while the 50 and 56 couldn’t serve Nissan. The SNS was the only one of the three which was contracted by Nexus.

In ordinary circumstances I’d have otherwise agreed that it wouldn’t be acceptable to run an 8-seat taxi or 16-seat minibus on frontline service (even if it was the norm pre-pandemic for our friends in grey and red!) but it’s tough times at the moment - not just for the bus industry but for everyone seemingly - and to minimise disruption, it’s best that resources are reviewed and adjustments made. It’d be mad to have a big diesel Scania OmniCity chugging away all day needing two drivers daily, when mileage is having to be stood due to short-notice failures as a result of track and trace.

Arriva will be reducing all their services from Blyth to be half-hourly, the X6 will be suspended, and it has been rumoured that the X12 between Durham and Newcastle will also be suspended (although yet to see confirmation of this on Arriva’s website) from this Sunday.

In Middlesbrough, Stagecoach have sub-contracted their vaccination shuttle bus out to JH Coaches. A far less political approach than cancelling services and reducing frequencies. Amazed to see them introducing new services (19 in Sunderland) when they’ve been successful in winning Nexus contracts (99 and 319) which will both require more driver resource, as they’re in the same boat as everyone else staffing-wise and won’t improve drastically over the summer as they don’t operate that many school buses.

Hopefully things improve next month once double-jabbed people no longer need to self-isolate!

Kuyoyo

26 Jul 2021, 9:33 am #883
For anyone who hasn't already seen on their Facebook page, Stanley will be making changes to the 713 at the end of August - it will be revised to become a circular service running out of Stanley to Flinthill via the current route before returning via Dipton, Harelaw, Catchgate, Annfield Plain (Tesco) and New Kyo. A new service 714 will also be introduced o the same day running the reverse route. They will both operate every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday (both leaving Stanley at the same times - xx15 and xx45) and hourly on Saturdays (713 at xx45 and 714 at xx15)

Timetable here

PB1107575/62 Registered
STANLEY TRAVEL (NORTH EAST) LTD
Route: Stanley Bus Station to Flinthill, Robson Terrace via Flinthill,Ewehurst Road, North Road
Service number: 713 (714)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 31 Aug 2021
Kuyoyo
26 Jul 2021, 9:33 am #883

For anyone who hasn't already seen on their Facebook page, Stanley will be making changes to the 713 at the end of August - it will be revised to become a circular service running out of Stanley to Flinthill via the current route before returning via Dipton, Harelaw, Catchgate, Annfield Plain (Tesco) and New Kyo. A new service 714 will also be introduced o the same day running the reverse route. They will both operate every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday (both leaving Stanley at the same times - xx15 and xx45) and hourly on Saturdays (713 at xx45 and 714 at xx15)

Timetable here

PB1107575/62 Registered
Route: Stanley Bus Station to Flinthill, Robson Terrace via Flinthill,Ewehurst Road, North Road

27 Jul 2021, 6:38 pm #884
Stanley Travel are running a Wednesday only service from Lanchester to the local Garden Centre, Operating hourly in the morning - Service 762
WestDurhamSwift
27 Jul 2021, 6:38 pm #884

Stanley Travel are running a Wednesday only service from Lanchester to the local Garden Centre, Operating hourly in the morning - Service 762

Jimmi

27 Jul 2021, 7:37 pm #885
(27 Jul 2021, 6:38 pm)Arcticrossy92 Stanley Travel are running a Wednesday only service from Lanchester to the local Garden Centre, Operating hourly in the morning - Service 762
It's the Lanchester Town Service that's ran for a while now, seems like it was changed to serve the garden centre on Wednesday's only from July 12th (going off current timetable on Durham Cartogold page)
Jimmi
27 Jul 2021, 7:37 pm #885

(27 Jul 2021, 6:38 pm)Arcticrossy92 Stanley Travel are running a Wednesday only service from Lanchester to the local Garden Centre, Operating hourly in the morning - Service 762
It's the Lanchester Town Service that's ran for a while now, seems like it was changed to serve the garden centre on Wednesday's only from July 12th (going off current timetable on Durham Cartogold page)

GNE6312

27 Jul 2021, 9:04 pm #886
(27 Jul 2021, 7:37 pm)Jimmi It's the Lanchester Town Service that's ran for a while now, seems like it was changed to serve the garden centre on Wednesday's only from July 12th (going off current timetable on Durham Cartogold page)
What's it allocated as I wouldn't mind trying that out
GNE6312
27 Jul 2021, 9:04 pm #886

(27 Jul 2021, 7:37 pm)Jimmi It's the Lanchester Town Service that's ran for a while now, seems like it was changed to serve the garden centre on Wednesday's only from July 12th (going off current timetable on Durham Cartogold page)
What's it allocated as I wouldn't mind trying that out

28 Jul 2021, 6:19 am #887

Wasn't aware of that, That bus actually pulls in at the top of my estate, very rarely see anyone on it.
WestDurhamSwift
28 Jul 2021, 6:19 am #887

Wasn't aware of that, That bus actually pulls in at the top of my estate, very rarely see anyone on it.

Jimmi

28 Jul 2021, 8:34 am #888
(27 Jul 2021, 9:04 pm)GNE6312 What's it allocated as I wouldn't mind trying that out
Just a van/taxi
Jimmi
28 Jul 2021, 8:34 am #888

(27 Jul 2021, 9:04 pm)GNE6312 What's it allocated as I wouldn't mind trying that out
Just a van/taxi

Andreos1

29 Jul 2021, 11:12 am #889
(26 Jul 2021, 9:33 am)Kuyoyo For anyone who hasn't already seen on their Facebook page, Stanley will be making changes to the 713 at the end of August - it will be revised to become a circular service running out of Stanley to Flinthill via the current route before returning via Dipton, Harelaw, Catchgate, Annfield Plain (Tesco) and New Kyo. A new service 714 will also be introduced o the same day running the reverse route. They will both operate every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday (both leaving Stanley at the same times - xx15 and xx45) and hourly on Saturdays (713 at xx45 and 714 at xx15)

Timetable here

PB1107575/62 Registered

It's almost as if they knew there was going to be changes made by GNE and a deal has been done. 
Shame they couldn't have re-introduced some of their Metrocentre services.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
29 Jul 2021, 11:12 am #889

(26 Jul 2021, 9:33 am)Kuyoyo For anyone who hasn't already seen on their Facebook page, Stanley will be making changes to the 713 at the end of August - it will be revised to become a circular service running out of Stanley to Flinthill via the current route before returning via Dipton, Harelaw, Catchgate, Annfield Plain (Tesco) and New Kyo. A new service 714 will also be introduced o the same day running the reverse route. They will both operate every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday (both leaving Stanley at the same times - xx15 and xx45) and hourly on Saturdays (713 at xx45 and 714 at xx15)

Timetable here

PB1107575/62 Registered

It's almost as if they knew there was going to be changes made by GNE and a deal has been done. 

DH9

10 Aug 2021, 10:00 pm #890
(29 Jul 2021, 11:12 am)Andreos1 It's almost as if they knew there was going to be changes made by GNE and a deal has been done. 
Suspect Stanley might get the Stanley - Lanchester service.
DH9
10 Aug 2021, 10:00 pm #890

(29 Jul 2021, 11:12 am)Andreos1 It's almost as if they knew there was going to be changes made by GNE and a deal has been done. 
Suspect Stanley might get the Stanley - Lanchester service.

Ambassador

10 Aug 2021, 10:22 pm #891

such cynicism Andreos.
it’s not like Martijn Gilbert was being wined and dined at the Stanley Travel birthday party the other day…oh wait….

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
10 Aug 2021, 10:22 pm #891

such cynicism Andreos.
it’s not like Martijn Gilbert was being wined and dined at the Stanley Travel birthday party the other day…oh wait….

Andreos1

11 Aug 2021, 10:17 am #892
(10 Aug 2021, 10:22 pm)Ambassador such cynicism Andreos.

I know these bus operators are often Thatcher fan boys (after all they wouldn't be where they are without a bit of 1986 de-regulation), but the giving jobs and contracts to mates or rocking up at celebratory doo's thing, seems to be more of a Boris fan boy culture...

What next? Mate at the pub gets a contract to brew and sell beer under some sort of contract? Erm... Oh wait...

Andreos1
11 Aug 2021, 10:17 am #892

(10 Aug 2021, 10:22 pm)Ambassador such cynicism Andreos.

I know these bus operators are often Thatcher fan boys (after all they wouldn't be where they are without a bit of 1986 de-regulation), but the giving jobs and contracts to mates or rocking up at celebratory doo's thing, seems to be more of a Boris fan boy culture...

What next? Mate at the pub gets a contract to brew and sell beer under some sort of contract? Erm... Oh wait...

Ambassador

14 Aug 2021, 10:06 pm #893
(11 Aug 2021, 10:17 am)Andreos1 I know these bus operators are often Thatcher fan boys (after all they wouldn't be where they are without a bit of 1986 de-regulation), but the giving jobs and contracts to mates or rocking up at celebratory doo's thing, seems to be more of a Boris fan boy culture...

Just waiting for Roger French to write a glowing article on Stanley next…

Ambassador
14 Aug 2021, 10:06 pm #893

(11 Aug 2021, 10:17 am)Andreos1 I know these bus operators are often Thatcher fan boys (after all they wouldn't be where they are without a bit of 1986 de-regulation), but the giving jobs and contracts to mates or rocking up at celebratory doo's thing, seems to be more of a Boris fan boy culture...

Just waiting for Roger French to write a glowing article on Stanley next…

Andreos1

15 Aug 2021, 2:03 pm #894
(14 Aug 2021, 10:06 pm)Ambassador Just waiting for Roger French to write a glowing article on Stanley next…

Not sure Stanley are 'desirable' enough for French. Their pretty unique livery and localised efforts are probably too much of a contradiction for him too.

Andreos1
15 Aug 2021, 2:03 pm #894

(14 Aug 2021, 10:06 pm)Ambassador Just waiting for Roger French to write a glowing article on Stanley next…

Not sure Stanley are 'desirable' enough for French. Their pretty unique livery and localised efforts are probably too much of a contradiction for him too.

Jimmi

13 Dec 2021, 7:10 pm #895
(26 Nov 2021, 4:23 pm)DH9 From January, three 713 and three 714 Stanley Buses per day will be going into Fines Park.

A driver on the 714 has just told me.
Full info on changes to 713/714, info from their Facebook:

*** Service 713/714 ***

Following a review of the 713/714 service, after our initial launch the following changes will come into effect from 4th January 2022.

Our 714 service will now service Fines Park estate 3 times a day, with journey times to Stanley of 20 minutes via Flinthill, and return journey times of 10 minutes via New Kyo. We hope this will provide a much needed link for the residents needing to attend appointments and recreation in Stanley. Buses will depart Fines Park to Stanley at 10:01, 12:01 and 14:01. Buses will depart Stanley to Fines Park at 9:52, 11:52 and 13:52

The 713/714 will reduce to 1 bus per hour in either direction before 09:22 and after 14:36 following an assessment of passenger numbers. 2 buses per hour will continue to operate in peak times between 09:22 and 14:36.
Services have all been retimed to depart Stanley Bus Station at 22 and 52 minutes past each hour.

We hope that these changes help to keep this service viable in the longer term.

To view the full new timetable, please visit https://stanley-travel.com/wp-content/up...etable.pdf
Jimmi
13 Dec 2021, 7:10 pm #895

(26 Nov 2021, 4:23 pm)DH9 From January, three 713 and three 714 Stanley Buses per day will be going into Fines Park.

A driver on the 714 has just told me.
Full info on changes to 713/714, info from their Facebook:

*** Service 713/714 ***

Following a review of the 713/714 service, after our initial launch the following changes will come into effect from 4th January 2022.

Our 714 service will now service Fines Park estate 3 times a day, with journey times to Stanley of 20 minutes via Flinthill, and return journey times of 10 minutes via New Kyo. We hope this will provide a much needed link for the residents needing to attend appointments and recreation in Stanley. Buses will depart Fines Park to Stanley at 10:01, 12:01 and 14:01. Buses will depart Stanley to Fines Park at 9:52, 11:52 and 13:52

The 713/714 will reduce to 1 bus per hour in either direction before 09:22 and after 14:36 following an assessment of passenger numbers. 2 buses per hour will continue to operate in peak times between 09:22 and 14:36.
Services have all been retimed to depart Stanley Bus Station at 22 and 52 minutes past each hour.

We hope that these changes help to keep this service viable in the longer term.

To view the full new timetable, please visit https://stanley-travel.com/wp-content/up...etable.pdf

16 Dec 2021, 4:04 pm #896
Stanley Travel is a great operator and I hope to see them back in Tyne & Wear soon. Perhaps they will get the 84/84A back or they could operate the 33/33A? Not many services they could get. GCT need to lose the 84/84A and 42/42A as they don't operate them properly.
OrangeArrow49
16 Dec 2021, 4:04 pm #896

Stanley Travel is a great operator and I hope to see them back in Tyne & Wear soon. Perhaps they will get the 84/84A back or they could operate the 33/33A? Not many services they could get. GCT need to lose the 84/84A and 42/42A as they don't operate them properly.

idiot

16 Dec 2021, 6:03 pm #897
They've been on BBC Newcastle today about cancellations.
idiot
16 Dec 2021, 6:03 pm #897

They've been on BBC Newcastle today about cancellations.

16 Dec 2021, 9:13 pm #898
(16 Dec 2021, 6:03 pm)idiot They've been on BBC Newcastle today about cancellations.

Stanley Travel? Or Gateshead Central Taxis?

I'd like to see A-line, Henry Cooper, Phoenix Coaches and Stanley Travel operate more services and GCT operate fewer services.
OrangeArrow49
16 Dec 2021, 9:13 pm #898

(16 Dec 2021, 6:03 pm)idiot They've been on BBC Newcastle today about cancellations.

Stanley Travel? Or Gateshead Central Taxis?

I'd like to see A-line, Henry Cooper, Phoenix Coaches and Stanley Travel operate more services and GCT operate fewer services.

Adrian

16 Dec 2021, 9:21 pm #899
(16 Dec 2021, 9:13 pm)OrangeArrow49 Stanley Travel? Or Gateshead Central Taxis?

Unless Nexus have a big change of heart in how they procure services, I don't think we'll see much change. 

Hopefully the fiasco earlier this year will be enough to sway them, but I'll not hold my breath.

Adrian
16 Dec 2021, 9:21 pm #899

Unless Nexus have a big change of heart in how they procure services, I don't think we'll see much change. 

Hopefully the fiasco earlier this year will be enough to sway them, but I'll not hold my breath.

Train8261

16 Dec 2021, 9:22 pm #900

Gct put the lowest bid. Tbh I'd like to see them run more services but A Line, Henry Cooper, Phoenix & Stanley Travel don't have a massive fleet or drivers unlike GCT. Plus they are mainly for Scholars or worker contracts
Train8261
16 Dec 2021, 9:22 pm #900

Gct put the lowest bid. Tbh I'd like to see them run more services but A Line, Henry Cooper, Phoenix & Stanley Travel don't have a massive fleet or drivers unlike GCT. Plus they are mainly for Scholars or worker contracts

Pages (47) Previous 144 45 46 47 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average