Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Branding

Branding

Branding

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (7) Previous 1 2 3 47 Next
Tom

02 Oct 2013, 3:38 pm #41
5166 is a spare, but sees use daily, and you know why that is. Hint, 9.
Tom
02 Oct 2013, 3:38 pm #41

5166 is a spare, but sees use daily, and you know why that is. Hint, 9.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

02 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm #42
(02 Oct 2013, 3:35 pm)Daniel Fair enough. From the business perspective I am most certainly correct, and at the end of the day, "Centurion" service 17 isn't exactly a money-spinner, and I've given my reasoning for this in previous posts. That is why it would be illogical of Go North East to repaint two vehicles and brand them for this service.

Or internal discussion, but okay. Plans frequently change at Go North East, and we've demonstrated that in the above scenario once more...

I have my sources, and if you don't want to accept the information I give - it's your loss. Quite often these plans are provisional and therefore should be taken with a pinch of salt, but if you're daft enough not to accept that..!

I'm not of that opinion at all. I just think there are priorities within a business, and from a money perspective, it would be daft to de-brand these buses just to brand them again later.

There have been discussions whether the 61 should be revoked from the "Drifter" brand name and put into "Northern" or whether it should be put into a new brand name completely. The outcome, I do not know - I've not been informed of an updated plan, just that 8306-09 are to remain at Deptford after having a repaint. You don't think Go North East would have four year old buses in the corporate livery though, do you?

I interpreted your post as if it was some sort of ploy by Go North East to gain additional custom in a big re-launch of the service, following what you seemingly believe is its demise in the sense that the service has gone 5 months without being allocated a "Drifter" branded vehicle.
The "Drifter" brand will be updated slightly for the Streetlites, and Go North East will obviously have a few photoshoots prior to the launch of these vehicles to gain a bit of publicity.

You know what I don't think I've met such an 'old granny' ''I've got more sources than you/ I am correct'' person in my life. This whole breaking down posts and having your two Penneth in everything is quite frankly irrating and comes across bitchy. You make it sound like I have some sort personal fascination with the 61- I don't! You're an immature person and as admin of this site it's unprofessional. You've always got to be right. End of story. Well no, you're not always. I'm not denying it constantly branding vehicles isn't necessary but when has branding every been necessary?
Do I go and use the 21 because
A) I love the look of the angel buses beaming in the sunshine
B) Because my home broadbands broke
C) Because I need to get to Newcastle?
(Incase you didn't quite grasp it, the majority answer C to the above question- you may answer B but hey ho I'm sure you're right!)
CatsFast101
02 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm #42

(02 Oct 2013, 3:35 pm)Daniel Fair enough. From the business perspective I am most certainly correct, and at the end of the day, "Centurion" service 17 isn't exactly a money-spinner, and I've given my reasoning for this in previous posts. That is why it would be illogical of Go North East to repaint two vehicles and brand them for this service.

Or internal discussion, but okay. Plans frequently change at Go North East, and we've demonstrated that in the above scenario once more...

I have my sources, and if you don't want to accept the information I give - it's your loss. Quite often these plans are provisional and therefore should be taken with a pinch of salt, but if you're daft enough not to accept that..!

I'm not of that opinion at all. I just think there are priorities within a business, and from a money perspective, it would be daft to de-brand these buses just to brand them again later.

There have been discussions whether the 61 should be revoked from the "Drifter" brand name and put into "Northern" or whether it should be put into a new brand name completely. The outcome, I do not know - I've not been informed of an updated plan, just that 8306-09 are to remain at Deptford after having a repaint. You don't think Go North East would have four year old buses in the corporate livery though, do you?

I interpreted your post as if it was some sort of ploy by Go North East to gain additional custom in a big re-launch of the service, following what you seemingly believe is its demise in the sense that the service has gone 5 months without being allocated a "Drifter" branded vehicle.
The "Drifter" brand will be updated slightly for the Streetlites, and Go North East will obviously have a few photoshoots prior to the launch of these vehicles to gain a bit of publicity.

You know what I don't think I've met such an 'old granny' ''I've got more sources than you/ I am correct'' person in my life. This whole breaking down posts and having your two Penneth in everything is quite frankly irrating and comes across bitchy. You make it sound like I have some sort personal fascination with the 61- I don't! You're an immature person and as admin of this site it's unprofessional. You've always got to be right. End of story. Well no, you're not always. I'm not denying it constantly branding vehicles isn't necessary but when has branding every been necessary?
Do I go and use the 21 because
(Incase you didn't quite grasp it, the majority answer C to the above question- you may answer B but hey ho I'm sure you're right!)

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Oct 2013, 4:21 pm #43
Clearly you don't like the idea of a debate, and instinctively think it's argumentative and bitchy? Rolleyes

(02 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm)CatsFast101 You know what I don't think I've met such an 'old granny' ''I've got more sources than you/ I am correct'' person in my life.

Not once have I said that.

(02 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm)CatsFast101 You're an immature person and as admin of this site it's unprofessional.

Immaturity aside - because I'm an administrator, am I not allowed to contribute as a normal member would?

(02 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm)CatsFast101 Do I go and use the 21 because

Is this relevant?
Dan
02 Oct 2013, 4:21 pm #43

Clearly you don't like the idea of a debate, and instinctively think it's argumentative and bitchy? Rolleyes

(02 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm)CatsFast101 You know what I don't think I've met such an 'old granny' ''I've got more sources than you/ I am correct'' person in my life.

Not once have I said that.

(02 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm)CatsFast101 You're an immature person and as admin of this site it's unprofessional.

Immaturity aside - because I'm an administrator, am I not allowed to contribute as a normal member would?

(02 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm)CatsFast101 Do I go and use the 21 because

Is this relevant?

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Oct 2013, 6:41 pm #44
(02 Oct 2013, 2:57 pm)CatsFast101 The 61 is going northern but the Versa's aren't? How does that work what's the 61 getting then? Why would the temporary allocation be a marketing push- I'm not sure you've grasped the point there. I mean once StreetLites arrive, the two service could get new/newer buses with a new updated brand.

Hooray! Details have finally been given to us by a Go North East representative.
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=491&pid=15090#pid15090

The 61 should be allocated Cadets again - no new brand, just Northern.
Dan
02 Oct 2013, 6:41 pm #44

(02 Oct 2013, 2:57 pm)CatsFast101 The 61 is going northern but the Versa's aren't? How does that work what's the 61 getting then? Why would the temporary allocation be a marketing push- I'm not sure you've grasped the point there. I mean once StreetLites arrive, the two service could get new/newer buses with a new updated brand.

Hooray! Details have finally been given to us by a Go North East representative.

Michael

02 Oct 2013, 7:06 pm #45
(02 Oct 2013, 6:41 pm)Daniel Hooray! Details have finally been given to us by a Go North East representative.

Mind i was expecting the 61 to get Versa's..

Least the 39 will get good buses, People from Pennywell should be happy only decent thing to come out of their.... haha
Edited 02 Oct 2013, 7:07 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Oct 2013, 7:06 pm #45

(02 Oct 2013, 6:41 pm)Daniel Hooray! Details have finally been given to us by a Go North East representative.

Mind i was expecting the 61 to get Versa's..

Least the 39 will get good buses, People from Pennywell should be happy only decent thing to come out of their.... haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

02 Oct 2013, 7:43 pm #46
(02 Oct 2013, 7:06 pm)Michael Mind i was expecting the 61 to get Versa's..

Well I don't think even you were expecting that Daniel, so where are 8306-8309 going? I'm shocked. Total mistake, I'm sorry but why put two year old buses on to get older buses back in a few months time? Customers will complain, even the general public know the Versa's are better than the cadets. And I think we'll start to see some brands going now then and only the main routes keeping branded.

Edit: I'm commented above without reading the post in the main GNE thread, where does it suggest cadets to 61? And posting in here saying 'look at that, this is what I said' like some petulant child, proves my above points.
CatsFast101
02 Oct 2013, 7:43 pm #46

(02 Oct 2013, 7:06 pm)Michael Mind i was expecting the 61 to get Versa's..

Well I don't think even you were expecting that Daniel, so where are 8306-8309 going? I'm shocked. Total mistake, I'm sorry but why put two year old buses on to get older buses back in a few months time? Customers will complain, even the general public know the Versa's are better than the cadets. And I think we'll start to see some brands going now then and only the main routes keeping branded.

Edit: I'm commented above without reading the post in the main GNE thread, where does it suggest cadets to 61? And posting in here saying 'look at that, this is what I said' like some petulant child, proves my above points.

Michael

02 Oct 2013, 7:46 pm #47
(02 Oct 2013, 7:43 pm)CatsFast101 Well I don't think even you were expecting that Daniel, so where are 8306-8309 going? I'm shocked. Total mistake, I'm sorry but why put two year old buses on to get older buses back in a few months time? Customers will complain, even the general public know the Versa's are better than the cadets. And I think we'll start to see some brands going now then and only the main routes keeping branded.

8306-8309 are going on the 39 along with 8320-24 - Joining the Simplicity Brand =D

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Oct 2013, 7:46 pm #47

(02 Oct 2013, 7:43 pm)CatsFast101 Well I don't think even you were expecting that Daniel, so where are 8306-8309 going? I'm shocked. Total mistake, I'm sorry but why put two year old buses on to get older buses back in a few months time? Customers will complain, even the general public know the Versa's are better than the cadets. And I think we'll start to see some brands going now then and only the main routes keeping branded.

8306-8309 are going on the 39 along with 8320-24 - Joining the Simplicity Brand =D

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Oct 2013, 7:46 pm #48

Wasn't I? I've hinted enough...
8306-09 are to be branded "SimpliCity" to run alongside 8320-24 on service 39.
Dan
02 Oct 2013, 7:46 pm #48

Wasn't I? I've hinted enough...

CatsFast101

Unregistered

02 Oct 2013, 7:55 pm #49
(02 Oct 2013, 7:46 pm)Daniel Wasn't I? I've hinted enough...

See my edit.
CatsFast101
02 Oct 2013, 7:55 pm #49

(02 Oct 2013, 7:46 pm)Daniel Wasn't I? I've hinted enough...

See my edit.

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Oct 2013, 7:59 pm #50
(02 Oct 2013, 7:55 pm)CatsFast101 See my edit.

No - unfortunately we haven't had it confirmed that the (rough) allocation for the 61 will be Cadets, but I have been informed that that is the case... Similar to how I was informed of the SimpliCity plan - but whatever, take it with a pinch of salt, as with everything that is said.

I also suggest you stop making this debate so personal - there's no need for it! Christ...
Dan
02 Oct 2013, 7:59 pm #50

(02 Oct 2013, 7:55 pm)CatsFast101 See my edit.

No - unfortunately we haven't had it confirmed that the (rough) allocation for the 61 will be Cadets, but I have been informed that that is the case... Similar to how I was informed of the SimpliCity plan - but whatever, take it with a pinch of salt, as with everything that is said.

I also suggest you stop making this debate so personal - there's no need for it! Christ...

Malarkey

24 Oct 2013, 3:35 pm #51
Just to add to the conversation, I have added a Thread for Gold Standard in the GNE Section which also ties in with Branding. http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=720
Edited 24 Oct 2013, 3:36 pm by Malarkey.
Malarkey
24 Oct 2013, 3:35 pm #51

Just to add to the conversation, I have added a Thread for Gold Standard in the GNE Section which also ties in with Branding. http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=720

Andreos1

08 May 2014, 4:34 pm #52
Just a quick question that our insiders may be able to help with.

Branding and the vinyls can cover buses these days - how does contravision or other vinyls affect a window which is used for means of escape?

Using the Omni's on the 50 as an example, the contravision /vinyl branding sweeps around the bus and continues over the window which is marked as an emergency exit.

In theory, when that window is smashed using the tungsten hammer, the contravision/vinyl will hold the glass in place and make it harder or impossible for a passenger to escape.

Not knowing the strength of contravison, will it tear when the glass is shattered and is it easily torn by a passenger trying to get out of a bus?
Edited 08 May 2014, 4:48 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 May 2014, 4:34 pm #52

Just a quick question that our insiders may be able to help with.

Branding and the vinyls can cover buses these days - how does contravision or other vinyls affect a window which is used for means of escape?

Using the Omni's on the 50 as an example, the contravision /vinyl branding sweeps around the bus and continues over the window which is marked as an emergency exit.

In theory, when that window is smashed using the tungsten hammer, the contravision/vinyl will hold the glass in place and make it harder or impossible for a passenger to escape.

Not knowing the strength of contravison, will it tear when the glass is shattered and is it easily torn by a passenger trying to get out of a bus?

busman101

08 May 2014, 7:28 pm #53
(08 May 2014, 4:34 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Just a quick question that our insiders may be able to help with.

A good question & one that I don't know the answer too off the top of me head, but will find out. All I will say is that I remember hearing a tale of a well known independent operator being short of a bit of glass and plated over the rear emergency exit with a bit of metal - the emergency hammer was still available as a means of escape !

I'll not be naming names !!!
busman101
08 May 2014, 7:28 pm #53

(08 May 2014, 4:34 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Just a quick question that our insiders may be able to help with.

A good question & one that I don't know the answer too off the top of me head, but will find out. All I will say is that I remember hearing a tale of a well known independent operator being short of a bit of glass and plated over the rear emergency exit with a bit of metal - the emergency hammer was still available as a means of escape !

Andreos1

08 May 2014, 7:41 pm #54
(08 May 2014, 7:28 pm)busman101 A good question & one that I don't know the answer too off the top of me head, but will find out. All I will say is that I remember hearing a tale of a well known independent operator being short of a bit of glass and plated over the rear emergency exit with a bit of metal - the emergency hammer was still available as a means of escape !

It is maybe worth looking at, before VOSA or the HSE click on...

Cant imagine a long lasting sticky material - which is designed to last for a significant period of time and go through the rigours of every day wear and tear, will be too easy to break through from the inside, when covering an emergency window.
Edited 09 May 2014, 5:23 am by Andreos1.

Andreos1
08 May 2014, 7:41 pm #54

(08 May 2014, 7:28 pm)busman101 A good question & one that I don't know the answer too off the top of me head, but will find out. All I will say is that I remember hearing a tale of a well known independent operator being short of a bit of glass and plated over the rear emergency exit with a bit of metal - the emergency hammer was still available as a means of escape !

It is maybe worth looking at, before VOSA or the HSE click on...

Cant imagine a long lasting sticky material - which is designed to last for a significant period of time and go through the rigours of every day wear and tear, will be too easy to break through from the inside, when covering an emergency window.

Dan

Site Administrator

08 May 2014, 8:11 pm #55
(08 May 2014, 7:41 pm)Andreos Constantopolous It is maybe worth looking at, before VOSA or the HSE click on...

Cant imagine a long lasting sticky material - which is designed to last for a significant period of time and go through the rigours of every day wear and tear, will be too easy to break through when covering an emergency window from the inside.

Looks to me that the vinyl is split so that there are gaps where the door is..?
.png
whey aye.PNG
Size 530.53 KB / Downloads 34

I can't imagine any bus operator would cover the emergency door with a vinyl so that it would be more difficult to open...
Dan
08 May 2014, 8:11 pm #55

(08 May 2014, 7:41 pm)Andreos Constantopolous It is maybe worth looking at, before VOSA or the HSE click on...

Cant imagine a long lasting sticky material - which is designed to last for a significant period of time and go through the rigours of every day wear and tear, will be too easy to break through when covering an emergency window from the inside.

Looks to me that the vinyl is split so that there are gaps where the door is..?
.png
whey aye.PNG
Size 530.53 KB / Downloads 34

I can't imagine any bus operator would cover the emergency door with a vinyl so that it would be more difficult to open...

Andreos1

08 May 2014, 8:40 pm #56
(08 May 2014, 8:11 pm)Dan Looks to me that the vinyl is split so that there are gaps where the door is..?

.jpg
13947815446_58eb711cd6.jpg
Size 120.65 KB / Downloads 52

It isn't the emergency door I was referring to.
It is the other side of the bus, above the wheel arch that has an internal sticker, which indicates that the window is an emergency window and that the tungsten hammer is available for use on that specific window.
Edited 09 May 2014, 8:56 am by Andreos1.

Andreos1
08 May 2014, 8:40 pm #56

(08 May 2014, 8:11 pm)Dan Looks to me that the vinyl is split so that there are gaps where the door is..?

.jpg
13947815446_58eb711cd6.jpg
Size 120.65 KB / Downloads 52

It isn't the emergency door I was referring to.
It is the other side of the bus, above the wheel arch that has an internal sticker, which indicates that the window is an emergency window and that the tungsten hammer is available for use on that specific window.

BJ10VUS

08 May 2014, 8:52 pm #57
(08 May 2014, 8:40 pm)Andreos Constantopolous It isn't the emergency door I was referring to.
It is the other side of the bus, above the wheel arch that an internal sticker, indicates that the window is an emergency window and that the tungsten hammer is available for use.

Not sure if this helps, but 3M Media advise against "applications that in any way restrict the safe operation of emergency window exits".
BJ10VUS
08 May 2014, 8:52 pm #57

(08 May 2014, 8:40 pm)Andreos Constantopolous It isn't the emergency door I was referring to.
It is the other side of the bus, above the wheel arch that an internal sticker, indicates that the window is an emergency window and that the tungsten hammer is available for use.

Not sure if this helps, but 3M Media advise against "applications that in any way restrict the safe operation of emergency window exits".

Andreos1

08 May 2014, 9:51 pm #58
(08 May 2014, 8:52 pm)BJ10VUS Not sure if this helps, but 3M Media advise against "applications that in any way restrict the safe operation of emergency window exits".

Cheers!
Very interesting.

Andreos1
08 May 2014, 9:51 pm #58

(08 May 2014, 8:52 pm)BJ10VUS Not sure if this helps, but 3M Media advise against "applications that in any way restrict the safe operation of emergency window exits".

Cheers!
Very interesting.

busman101

09 May 2014, 5:20 pm #59
(08 May 2014, 9:51 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Cheers!
Very interesting.

That's why it's cut around the all the windows so that they can be broken in an emergency and the branding applied doesn't stop the glass being smashed - I'm told it makes it easier as the glass falls out easier.

They all pass their MOT every year with branding on (as they do with lots of other operators) and have done for a long time.
busman101
09 May 2014, 5:20 pm #59

(08 May 2014, 9:51 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Cheers!
Very interesting.

That's why it's cut around the all the windows so that they can be broken in an emergency and the branding applied doesn't stop the glass being smashed - I'm told it makes it easier as the glass falls out easier.

They all pass their MOT every year with branding on (as they do with lots of other operators) and have done for a long time.

Andreos1

09 May 2014, 5:38 pm #60
(09 May 2014, 5:20 pm)busman101 That's why it's cut around the all the windows so that they can be broken in an emergency and the branding applied doesn't stop the glass being smashed - I'm told it makes it easier as the glass falls out easier.

As I said initially, was just a query - but pleased adaptations have been made to take into account emergency window exits.

On the emergency door, it is obvious cuts have been made, but harder to see on an emergency window.
Edited 09 May 2014, 8:43 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
09 May 2014, 5:38 pm #60

(09 May 2014, 5:20 pm)busman101 That's why it's cut around the all the windows so that they can be broken in an emergency and the branding applied doesn't stop the glass being smashed - I'm told it makes it easier as the glass falls out easier.

As I said initially, was just a query - but pleased adaptations have been made to take into account emergency window exits.

On the emergency door, it is obvious cuts have been made, but harder to see on an emergency window.

Pages (7) Previous 1 2 3 47 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average