Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Driving Standards of late

Driving Standards of late

Driving Standards of late

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6) Previous 14 5 6 Next

08 Feb 2023, 12:19 am #81
You lot must be great fun at parties. People do it all the time, as long as they're in the correct lane at all times on the roundabout, there is nothing to stop you doing it. The merge 3mile from the Lane closure folks are the only ones who usually get their knickers in a twist over it.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
08 Feb 2023, 12:19 am #81

You lot must be great fun at parties. People do it all the time, as long as they're in the correct lane at all times on the roundabout, there is nothing to stop you doing it. The merge 3mile from the Lane closure folks are the only ones who usually get their knickers in a twist over it.

08 Feb 2023, 4:24 am #82
(08 Feb 2023, 12:19 am)6049 You lot must be great fun at parties. People do it all the time, as long as they're in the correct lane at all times on the roundabout, there is nothing to stop you doing it. The merge 3mile from the Lane closure folks are the only ones who usually get their knickers in a twist over it.

Their bus to the party is currently delayed as the driver doesn't want to slingshot roundabouts and has been merging a mile from a lane closure  Wink
omnicity4659
08 Feb 2023, 4:24 am #82

(08 Feb 2023, 12:19 am)6049 You lot must be great fun at parties. People do it all the time, as long as they're in the correct lane at all times on the roundabout, there is nothing to stop you doing it. The merge 3mile from the Lane closure folks are the only ones who usually get their knickers in a twist over it.

Their bus to the party is currently delayed as the driver doesn't want to slingshot roundabouts and has been merging a mile from a lane closure  Wink

Unber43

25 May 2023, 4:05 pm #83
Just thought I would put this in here, 

What is it like as a drivers point of view for driving with a steering wheel which isn't aligned properly?
Unber43
25 May 2023, 4:05 pm #83

Just thought I would put this in here, 

What is it like as a drivers point of view for driving with a steering wheel which isn't aligned properly?

Andreos1

25 May 2023, 4:53 pm #84
(25 May 2023, 4:05 pm)Unber43 Just thought I would put this in here, 

Appreciate it's not a bus, but my first car had a wonky steering wheel. 

As long as my hands were in the correct position and I was focusing on the road, it made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

If I put my hands at an angle to suit the steering wheel, then it would have been carnage.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
25 May 2023, 4:53 pm #84

Appreciate it's not a bus, but my first car had a wonky steering wheel. 

As long as my hands were in the correct position and I was focusing on the road, it made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

If I put my hands at an angle to suit the steering wheel, then it would have been carnage.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

F114TML

25 May 2023, 5:50 pm #85
(25 May 2023, 4:53 pm)Andreos1 Appreciate it's not a bus, but my first car had a wonky steering wheel. 

I'm the same in the bus - in fact often it takes me a while to even realise it's off-centre.
F114TML
25 May 2023, 5:50 pm #85

(25 May 2023, 4:53 pm)Andreos1 Appreciate it's not a bus, but my first car had a wonky steering wheel. 

I'm the same in the bus - in fact often it takes me a while to even realise it's off-centre.

27 May 2023, 10:37 am #86
(25 May 2023, 5:50 pm)F114TML I'm the same in the bus - in fact often it takes me a while to even realise it's off-centre.

Same, I've only ever really noticed when it blocks my speedo. The first bus I ever drove, one of the GNE Cadets had an offset wheel, as did the coach I was learning in after.
deanmachine
27 May 2023, 10:37 am #86

(25 May 2023, 5:50 pm)F114TML I'm the same in the bus - in fact often it takes me a while to even realise it's off-centre.

Same, I've only ever really noticed when it blocks my speedo. The first bus I ever drove, one of the GNE Cadets had an offset wheel, as did the coach I was learning in after.

nova347

27 May 2023, 8:17 pm #87
(27 May 2023, 10:37 am)deanmachine Same, I've only ever really noticed when it blocks my speedo. The first bus I ever drove, one of the GNE Cadets had an offset wheel, as did the coach I was learning in after.
It seems like alot of GNE Deptford streetlites have an ofset wheel.
nova347
27 May 2023, 8:17 pm #87

(27 May 2023, 10:37 am)deanmachine Same, I've only ever really noticed when it blocks my speedo. The first bus I ever drove, one of the GNE Cadets had an offset wheel, as did the coach I was learning in after.
It seems like alot of GNE Deptford streetlites have an ofset wheel.

tcts24

28 May 2023, 1:56 pm #88

Really doesn't bother me and can sometimes take a few hours to even notice it
tcts24
28 May 2023, 1:56 pm #88

Really doesn't bother me and can sometimes take a few hours to even notice it

Ambassador

28 Aug 2023, 10:24 pm #89
Interesting one today, took mrs ambassador out for a bite to eat, we had planned the Shep and Sheperdess but ended up heading to the Moorings.

Beamish was utter chaos and my 28 was stuck in heavy traffic. Once we got to Station Cottages, he became more irritable and shouting at cars. We then suddenly reversed into a small lane by Station Cottages, narrowly avoiding hitting two cars and headed back towards High Handenhold. He asked anyone for beamish to get off and walk and then suggested he might end up turning around and going to Newcastle as it would take an hour to Chester.

He then drove like an utter lunatic through 30 zones, not in service, we were only 10 minutes late by this point down through Urpeth towards the Moorings

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
28 Aug 2023, 10:24 pm #89

Interesting one today, took mrs ambassador out for a bite to eat, we had planned the Shep and Sheperdess but ended up heading to the Moorings.

Beamish was utter chaos and my 28 was stuck in heavy traffic. Once we got to Station Cottages, he became more irritable and shouting at cars. We then suddenly reversed into a small lane by Station Cottages, narrowly avoiding hitting two cars and headed back towards High Handenhold. He asked anyone for beamish to get off and walk and then suggested he might end up turning around and going to Newcastle as it would take an hour to Chester.

He then drove like an utter lunatic through 30 zones, not in service, we were only 10 minutes late by this point down through Urpeth towards the Moorings

28 Aug 2023, 10:27 pm #90
(28 Aug 2023, 10:24 pm)Ambassador Interesting one today, took mrs ambassador out for a bite to eat, we had planned the Shep and Sheperdess but ended up heading to the Moorings.

He then drove like an utter lunatic through 30 zones, not in service,  we were only 10 minutes late by this point down through Urpeth towards the Moorings

If this is factually true... I would advise to contact GNE directly 

Don't worry the CCTV onboard will back your account of the story 

But GNE can also learn from this experience too and add it into their training
DaveFromUpNorth
28 Aug 2023, 10:27 pm #90

(28 Aug 2023, 10:24 pm)Ambassador Interesting one today, took mrs ambassador out for a bite to eat, we had planned the Shep and Sheperdess but ended up heading to the Moorings.

He then drove like an utter lunatic through 30 zones, not in service,  we were only 10 minutes late by this point down through Urpeth towards the Moorings

If this is factually true... I would advise to contact GNE directly 

Ambassador

28 Aug 2023, 10:47 pm #91
(28 Aug 2023, 10:27 pm)DaveFromUpNorth If this is factually true... I would advise to contact GNE directly 

I’ll drop them a note. The reversing was more concerning, a passenger offered to direct him. I’d be amazed if the van passenger who was filming the manoeuvre failed to report it, he was so close to wiping him out. 

I applaud the ingenuity but the reversing and then erratic speeding down towards Chester less so

Ambassador
28 Aug 2023, 10:47 pm #91

(28 Aug 2023, 10:27 pm)DaveFromUpNorth If this is factually true... I would advise to contact GNE directly 

I’ll drop them a note. The reversing was more concerning, a passenger offered to direct him. I’d be amazed if the van passenger who was filming the manoeuvre failed to report it, he was so close to wiping him out. 

I applaud the ingenuity but the reversing and then erratic speeding down towards Chester less so

Rob44

29 Aug 2023, 8:12 am #92
(28 Aug 2023, 10:47 pm)Ambassador I’ll drop them a note. The reversing was more concerning, a passenger offered to direct him. I’d be amazed if the van passenger who was filming the manoeuvre failed to report it, he was so close to wiping him out. 

I'm surprised he "sped" anywhere with buses they put on the 28/29..... can hardly get up the bank ?? whitehall road" in Bensham never mind speed off
Rob44
29 Aug 2023, 8:12 am #92

(28 Aug 2023, 10:47 pm)Ambassador I’ll drop them a note. The reversing was more concerning, a passenger offered to direct him. I’d be amazed if the van passenger who was filming the manoeuvre failed to report it, he was so close to wiping him out. 

I'm surprised he "sped" anywhere with buses they put on the 28/29..... can hardly get up the bank ?? whitehall road" in Bensham never mind speed off

Ambassador

29 Aug 2023, 8:27 am #93
(29 Aug 2023, 8:12 am)Rob44 I'm surprised he "sped" anywhere with buses they put on the 28/29..... can hardly get up the bank ?? whitehall road" in Bensham never mind speed off

All downhill from beamish towards Chester! THe streetlite rattle was deafening!

Ambassador
29 Aug 2023, 8:27 am #93

(29 Aug 2023, 8:12 am)Rob44 I'm surprised he "sped" anywhere with buses they put on the 28/29..... can hardly get up the bank ?? whitehall road" in Bensham never mind speed off

All downhill from beamish towards Chester! THe streetlite rattle was deafening!

Rob44

29 Aug 2023, 8:41 am #94
(29 Aug 2023, 8:27 am)Ambassador All downhill from beamish towards Chester! THe streetlite rattle was deafening!

Never travelled south passed Birtley on the28/29.  Rumour has it if you travel to CLS on either bus you miss two of you birthdays as it takes that long!
Rob44
29 Aug 2023, 8:41 am #94

(29 Aug 2023, 8:27 am)Ambassador All downhill from beamish towards Chester! THe streetlite rattle was deafening!

Never travelled south passed Birtley on the28/29.  Rumour has it if you travel to CLS on either bus you miss two of you birthdays as it takes that long!

ne14ne1

14 Oct 2023, 9:45 pm #95
ne14ne1
14 Oct 2023, 9:45 pm #95

idiot

14 Oct 2023, 10:01 pm #96
I'd argue the SC bus did to. The delay on red light changes is awfully long these days.
idiot
14 Oct 2023, 10:01 pm #96

I'd argue the SC bus did to. The delay on red light changes is awfully long these days.

ne14ne1

14 Oct 2023, 10:01 pm #97
ne14ne1
14 Oct 2023, 10:01 pm #97

14 Oct 2023, 10:25 pm #98
(14 Oct 2023, 10:01 pm)ne14ne1

Can't help but laugh at the hypocrisy of someone parked on a pavement on double yellows filming a bus doing something wrong. They also seem to have a lot of videos of people having road rage. I prefer to just smirk and keep driving rather than fight with people on the roads, it's better for your blood pressure.
deanmachine
14 Oct 2023, 10:25 pm #98

(14 Oct 2023, 10:01 pm)ne14ne1

Can't help but laugh at the hypocrisy of someone parked on a pavement on double yellows filming a bus doing something wrong. They also seem to have a lot of videos of people having road rage. I prefer to just smirk and keep driving rather than fight with people on the roads, it's better for your blood pressure.

F114TML

15 Oct 2023, 9:42 am #99
(14 Oct 2023, 10:01 pm)idiot I'd argue the SC bus did to. The delay on red light changes is awfully long these days.

The SC bus prob went through either as they were changing or just before they changed. That's if the lights are anything like a lot of the ones in Sunderland, where the instant one set turns red, the next set go red+amber.
It's entirely posdible the GNE bus couldn't have stopped for the red without slamming the brakes on (which has happened to me more times than I'd like to admit)

Also can someone please enlighten me as to what the bus did wrong?
https://youtu.be/Ew6T_EzrI_M?feature=shared
Edited 15 Oct 2023, 9:47 am by F114TML.
F114TML
15 Oct 2023, 9:42 am #99

(14 Oct 2023, 10:01 pm)idiot I'd argue the SC bus did to. The delay on red light changes is awfully long these days.

The SC bus prob went through either as they were changing or just before they changed. That's if the lights are anything like a lot of the ones in Sunderland, where the instant one set turns red, the next set go red+amber.
It's entirely posdible the GNE bus couldn't have stopped for the red without slamming the brakes on (which has happened to me more times than I'd like to admit)

Also can someone please enlighten me as to what the bus did wrong?

Adrian

15 Oct 2023, 11:57 am #100
(15 Oct 2023, 9:42 am)F114TML Also can someone please enlighten me as to what the bus did wrong?

Normally, you should indicate when changing lanes, unless you're driving a BMW. You'd still only do so when there's a gap.

Looking at the clip, the bus driver had already committed to the left lane before swerving back across the right turn lane, impeding the dashcammer's progress in the meantime.

I'd say this is more of an event than some of those red light jumps, where it can be more dangerous to slam the anchors on at amber.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
15 Oct 2023, 11:57 am #100

(15 Oct 2023, 9:42 am)F114TML Also can someone please enlighten me as to what the bus did wrong?

Normally, you should indicate when changing lanes, unless you're driving a BMW. You'd still only do so when there's a gap.

Looking at the clip, the bus driver had already committed to the left lane before swerving back across the right turn lane, impeding the dashcammer's progress in the meantime.

I'd say this is more of an event than some of those red light jumps, where it can be more dangerous to slam the anchors on at amber.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Pages (6) Previous 14 5 6 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average