Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure North East’s Transport Decarbonisation Levelling Up Fund bid

North East’s Transport Decarbonisation Levelling Up Fund bid

North East’s Transport Decarbonisation Levelling Up Fund bid

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Michael

05 Nov 2022, 10:13 am #1
Not sure if its part of a previous bid, so made a new thread... please merge if it is!

Just seen this on the Stagecoach North East Twitter:

We are proud to support the North East’s Transport Decarbonisation Levelling Up Fund bid.
If successful, £19.5m in funding will boost #zerocarbon transport options for local people - both by investing in new electric buses ? and EV chargers #decarbNE #sustainabletransport

https://twitter.com/StagecoachNE/status/...0202815488

Not sure if its part of a previous bid, so made a new thread... please merge if it is!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Nov 2022, 10:13 am #1

We are proud to support the North East’s Transport Decarbonisation Levelling Up Fund bid.
If successful, £19.5m in funding will boost #zerocarbon transport options for local people - both by investing in new electric buses ? and EV chargers #decarbNE #sustainabletransport

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Unber43

05 Nov 2022, 12:42 pm #2
(05 Nov 2022, 10:13 am)Michael Not sure if its part of a previous bid, so made a new thread... please merge if it is!

I hope Newcastle doesn't get them all. 

Also 19.5 Million would only get you around 36 buses, if an electric bus is £500,000. So 12 for each major operator
Unber43
05 Nov 2022, 12:42 pm #2

(05 Nov 2022, 10:13 am)Michael Not sure if its part of a previous bid, so made a new thread... please merge if it is!

I hope Newcastle doesn't get them all. 

Also 19.5 Million would only get you around 36 buses, if an electric bus is £500,000. So 12 for each major operator

Malarkey

07 Nov 2022, 8:06 pm #3
(05 Nov 2022, 12:42 pm)Unber43 I hope Newcastle doesn't get them all. 

I think we'll see more of that money going towards repowering Buses from Diesel to Electric given the costs for New Vehicles/Infrastructure is still quite high unless the North East wins future grants from Green Bus Fund or Zebra etc.

I was thinking it would be a good idea for an initiative to be set up between Bus & Coach Builders and Bus & Coach Operators for old Buses to be traded back to the Manufacturer to get New Buses at a reduced cost, those older buses rather than being scrapped "depending on condition" could then be repowered for Smaller Independents to then purchase at a lesser cost.

Limits would be put in place on age of vehicles involved to say a minimum of 5/6 years old so that an operator can still get 10/12 years of further service out a Repowered Bus.

Blackpool Transport were doing something similar with Diesel Buses on there "Palladium Services" a few years back where they were renewing there fleet Every 4 Years in which some of there first batch of Enviro 400 City's were sold to Warrington's Own Buses who at the time had a rather aging fleet.
Malarkey
07 Nov 2022, 8:06 pm #3

(05 Nov 2022, 12:42 pm)Unber43 I hope Newcastle doesn't get them all. 

I think we'll see more of that money going towards repowering Buses from Diesel to Electric given the costs for New Vehicles/Infrastructure is still quite high unless the North East wins future grants from Green Bus Fund or Zebra etc.

I was thinking it would be a good idea for an initiative to be set up between Bus & Coach Builders and Bus & Coach Operators for old Buses to be traded back to the Manufacturer to get New Buses at a reduced cost, those older buses rather than being scrapped "depending on condition" could then be repowered for Smaller Independents to then purchase at a lesser cost.

Limits would be put in place on age of vehicles involved to say a minimum of 5/6 years old so that an operator can still get 10/12 years of further service out a Repowered Bus.

Blackpool Transport were doing something similar with Diesel Buses on there "Palladium Services" a few years back where they were renewing there fleet Every 4 Years in which some of there first batch of Enviro 400 City's were sold to Warrington's Own Buses who at the time had a rather aging fleet.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average