Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators North Yorkshire Independents Unidentified Non DDA bus

Unidentified Non DDA bus

Unidentified Non DDA bus

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LVK 404L

09 Mar 2023, 8:31 am #1
Quite often when I travel down A19 North Yorkshire area (Thirsk, Northallerton) there is a 2 tone blue Mercedes Benz Vario up and down with the schoolkids logo.

It certainly doesn't look DDA compliant and today I managed to get reg it's 
GN05 DZU,  looks like it has 869 displayed as number, but that could be irrelevant 

Who operates this vehicle, and should it not be DDA?
LVK 404L
09 Mar 2023, 8:31 am #1

Quite often when I travel down A19 North Yorkshire area (Thirsk, Northallerton) there is a 2 tone blue Mercedes Benz Vario up and down with the schoolkids logo.

GN05 DZU,  looks like it has 869 displayed as number, but that could be irrelevant 

Jimmi

09 Mar 2023, 9:09 am #2
Last I that I could find on Flickr was if was Ingleby's with is an offshoot of York Pullman. Believe many of the school/college contracts within North Yorkshire are closed door so do not need to adhere to DDA/PSVAR regs.

There's another Beaver running round that area with York Pullman in the same livery but older on a contract in Ripon: https://flic.kr/p/2of3sxB
Jimmi
09 Mar 2023, 9:09 am #2

Last I that I could find on Flickr was if was Ingleby's with is an offshoot of York Pullman. Believe many of the school/college contracts within North Yorkshire are closed door so do not need to adhere to DDA/PSVAR regs.

There's another Beaver running round that area with York Pullman in the same livery but older on a contract in Ripon: https://flic.kr/p/2of3sxB

Andreos1

09 Apr 2023, 8:41 pm #3
(09 Mar 2023, 8:31 am)ifm001 Quite often when I travel down A19 North Yorkshire area (Thirsk, Northallerton) there is a 2 tone blue Mercedes Benz Vario up and down with the schoolkids logo.

There's a company in Stockton/Billingham has a similar set up.
Can't remember which one it is, but they have a Vario on a closed door contract too.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
09 Apr 2023, 8:41 pm #3

(09 Mar 2023, 8:31 am)ifm001 Quite often when I travel down A19 North Yorkshire area (Thirsk, Northallerton) there is a 2 tone blue Mercedes Benz Vario up and down with the schoolkids logo.

There's a company in Stockton/Billingham has a similar set up.
Can't remember which one it is, but they have a Vario on a closed door contract too.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average