Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Hartlepool Tall Ships 2023 Park and Ride

Hartlepool Tall Ships 2023 Park and Ride

Hartlepool Tall Ships 2023 Park and Ride

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3
Storx

30 Jun 2023, 1:52 pm #41
Surely the other problem is there's no-one to drive the buses. GoNorthEast, in particular, are still having cancellations almost daily. It's very different to a few runs in an evening for one day.
Storx
30 Jun 2023, 1:52 pm #41

Surely the other problem is there's no-one to drive the buses. GoNorthEast, in particular, are still having cancellations almost daily. It's very different to a few runs in an evening for one day.

30 Jun 2023, 3:25 pm #42
(30 Jun 2023, 1:52 pm)Storx Surely the other problem is there's no-one to drive the buses. GoNorthEast, in particular, are still having cancellations almost daily. It's very different to a few runs in an evening for one day.

Suspect if the contract value had been high enough they'd have found a way.  Just like they did for the Metro replacements last year while still leaving mass daily cancellations on the normal network.  Suspect 12 buses is going to be a bit of a disaster, though without knowing the area well I think the Hartlepool P&R sites will be less widely spread than Sunderland's were so wouldn't need the 50 odd used then.
stagecoachbusdepot
30 Jun 2023, 3:25 pm #42

(30 Jun 2023, 1:52 pm)Storx Surely the other problem is there's no-one to drive the buses. GoNorthEast, in particular, are still having cancellations almost daily. It's very different to a few runs in an evening for one day.

Suspect if the contract value had been high enough they'd have found a way.  Just like they did for the Metro replacements last year while still leaving mass daily cancellations on the normal network.  Suspect 12 buses is going to be a bit of a disaster, though without knowing the area well I think the Hartlepool P&R sites will be less widely spread than Sunderland's were so wouldn't need the 50 odd used then.

beefcake

30 Jun 2023, 4:32 pm #43
I can't help but suspect that they're going to be relying on people using Coronation Drive and Greyfields opting to walk rather than using the buses as they've advertised it should take no longer than 30 minutes. The walk along Seaton front isn't too bad when the weather's decent but any prolonged rain and I can see issues arising.
beefcake
30 Jun 2023, 4:32 pm #43

I can't help but suspect that they're going to be relying on people using Coronation Drive and Greyfields opting to walk rather than using the buses as they've advertised it should take no longer than 30 minutes. The walk along Seaton front isn't too bad when the weather's decent but any prolonged rain and I can see issues arising.

Unber43

30 Jun 2023, 8:58 pm #44
whats the distance between the events and the park and rides. Also how many park and rides where there at the Sunderland one
Unber43
30 Jun 2023, 8:58 pm #44

whats the distance between the events and the park and rides. Also how many park and rides where there at the Sunderland one

30 Jun 2023, 9:18 pm #45
I be happy if it's only around 12 buses being used in service, it means I spend less time in the Hartlepool area trying to photo them.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
30 Jun 2023, 9:18 pm #45

I be happy if it's only around 12 buses being used in service, it means I spend less time in the Hartlepool area trying to photo them.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

busmanT

01 Jul 2023, 11:07 am #46
Cancellations appear to just impact on one depot - I'm told GNE have a surplus of drivers in some areas. I assume that this will be worked from Deptford.
Drivers are often more inclined to work overtime on special events than on normal service.
busmanT
01 Jul 2023, 11:07 am #46

Cancellations appear to just impact on one depot - I'm told GNE have a surplus of drivers in some areas. I assume that this will be worked from Deptford.
Drivers are often more inclined to work overtime on special events than on normal service.

06 Jul 2023, 9:55 pm #47
Has anyone been at this today? Thinking about making a trip down there tomorrow or Saturday and wondering if the traffic has been tolerable, and how the buses are coping (normal services not the P&R)
stagecoachbusdepot
06 Jul 2023, 9:55 pm #47

Has anyone been at this today? Thinking about making a trip down there tomorrow or Saturday and wondering if the traffic has been tolerable, and how the buses are coping (normal services not the P&R)

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average