Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Managing Director

Managing Director

Managing Director

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Storx

16 May 2023, 9:30 pm #1
There's been discussion about this on another forum and no-one has a clue but does anyone know if there is one for Arriva North East / Northumbria / Yorkshire lately?

It appears that everyone has quit / retired over the past year (Knox and Pearce) but there's no sign of any replacements or they're staying well hidden from the public at least.

Anyone know?
Storx
16 May 2023, 9:30 pm #1

There's been discussion about this on another forum and no-one has a clue but does anyone know if there is one for Arriva North East / Northumbria / Yorkshire lately?

It appears that everyone has quit / retired over the past year (Knox and Pearce) but there's no sign of any replacements or they're staying well hidden from the public at least.

Anyone know?

Dan

Site Administrator

16 May 2023, 9:35 pm #2
(16 May 2023, 9:30 pm)Storx There's been discussion about this on another forum and no-one has a clue but does anyone know if there is one for Arriva North East / Northumbria / Yorkshire lately?

Anyone know?

Isn’t the Arriva model now more centralised, ie a Commercial Director will now report to a Group Commercial Director, rather than the local Managing Director?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
16 May 2023, 9:35 pm #2

(16 May 2023, 9:30 pm)Storx There's been discussion about this on another forum and no-one has a clue but does anyone know if there is one for Arriva North East / Northumbria / Yorkshire lately?

Anyone know?

Isn’t the Arriva model now more centralised, ie a Commercial Director will now report to a Group Commercial Director, rather than the local Managing Director?

Storx

16 May 2023, 9:51 pm #3
(16 May 2023, 9:35 pm)Dan Isn’t the Arriva model now more centralised, ie a Commercial Director will now report to a Group Commercial Director, rather than the local Managing Director?

Honestly not too sure if I had to be honest, would make sense though since there's no signs of any MD's nowadays up here or to be honest half the time any form of local leadership lately as some of decisions are a bit questionable ie. shutting a depot and then being surprised that there's a driver shortage.
Storx
16 May 2023, 9:51 pm #3

(16 May 2023, 9:35 pm)Dan Isn’t the Arriva model now more centralised, ie a Commercial Director will now report to a Group Commercial Director, rather than the local Managing Director?

Honestly not too sure if I had to be honest, would make sense though since there's no signs of any MD's nowadays up here or to be honest half the time any form of local leadership lately as some of decisions are a bit questionable ie. shutting a depot and then being surprised that there's a driver shortage.

16 May 2023, 11:18 pm #4
Mr X.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
16 May 2023, 11:18 pm #4

Mr X.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

RobinHood

17 May 2023, 7:02 am #5
MD became Operations Director instead, as Dan suggests, they have a more centralised department structure now.

However the Ops Director role wasn't filled and I believe it is Howard Farrell managing both North West and North East as Ops Director.
RobinHood
17 May 2023, 7:02 am #5

MD became Operations Director instead, as Dan suggests, they have a more centralised department structure now.

However the Ops Director role wasn't filled and I believe it is Howard Farrell managing both North West and North East as Ops Director.

Storx

17 May 2023, 4:10 pm #6
(17 May 2023, 7:02 am)RobinHood MD became Operations Director instead, as Dan suggests, they have a more centralised department structure now.

Thank you for that, would make sense on why I can't find anything then.
Storx
17 May 2023, 4:10 pm #6

(17 May 2023, 7:02 am)RobinHood MD became Operations Director instead, as Dan suggests, they have a more centralised department structure now.

Thank you for that, would make sense on why I can't find anything then.

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average