Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Busiest Individual Bus Stop

Busiest Individual Bus Stop

Busiest Individual Bus Stop

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
F114TML

04 Apr 2024, 12:27 pm #21
(04 Apr 2024, 11:48 am)Michael Ye it is, was on the bus other day and we waited ages for it to get to the shop.

Whos idea was it to have 1 bus stop for all those services?
It's frustrating as a driver if you're running late and there's a few buses in front, particularly since they cut the running time between there and Fawcett Street.

Quite why they thought one stop would be adequate I don't know considering it replaced three on Vine Place, however I'm not sure where a second stop would go without major work.
F114TML
04 Apr 2024, 12:27 pm #21

(04 Apr 2024, 11:48 am)Michael Ye it is, was on the bus other day and we waited ages for it to get to the shop.

Whos idea was it to have 1 bus stop for all those services?
It's frustrating as a driver if you're running late and there's a few buses in front, particularly since they cut the running time between there and Fawcett Street.

Quite why they thought one stop would be adequate I don't know considering it replaced three on Vine Place, however I'm not sure where a second stop would go without major work.

04 Apr 2024, 5:40 pm #22
(04 Apr 2024, 12:27 pm)F114TML It's frustrating as a driver if you're running late and there's a few buses in front, particularly since they cut the running time between there and Fawcett Street.

Even using the set down stand in the side bit of the interchange and back onto Stockton Road via Cowan Terrace would be quicker than having the stupid queue system they have created.
stagecoachbusdepot
04 Apr 2024, 5:40 pm #22

(04 Apr 2024, 12:27 pm)F114TML It's frustrating as a driver if you're running late and there's a few buses in front, particularly since they cut the running time between there and Fawcett Street.

Even using the set down stand in the side bit of the interchange and back onto Stockton Road via Cowan Terrace would be quicker than having the stupid queue system they have created.

Storx

04 Apr 2024, 6:07 pm #23
(04 Apr 2024, 5:40 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Even using the set down stand in the side bit of the interchange and back onto Stockton Road via Cowan Terrace would be quicker than having the stupid queue system they have created.

(Edited): It's a shame they couldn't do something like the above to create a better link for buses going East tbh. Just checked the plans for it and there's nothing though, seems such a simple scheme and would better connect Park Lane for pedestrians aswell. There does seem to be a path though.
Edited 04 Apr 2024, 6:21 pm by Storx.
Storx
04 Apr 2024, 6:07 pm #23

(04 Apr 2024, 5:40 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Even using the set down stand in the side bit of the interchange and back onto Stockton Road via Cowan Terrace would be quicker than having the stupid queue system they have created.

(Edited): It's a shame they couldn't do something like the above to create a better link for buses going East tbh. Just checked the plans for it and there's nothing though, seems such a simple scheme and would better connect Park Lane for pedestrians aswell. There does seem to be a path though.

04 Apr 2024, 6:22 pm #24
(04 Apr 2024, 6:07 pm)Storx (Edited): It's a shame they couldn't do something like the above to create a better link for buses going East tbh. Just checked the plans for it and there's nothing though, seems such a simple scheme and would better connect Park Lane for pedestrians aswell. There does seem to be a path though.

Yeah would have been good if they did something like that – just had a look too and plans suggest not.  Will at least be good to see pedestrian access restored… the old metal pedestrian ramp that was there for decades was well used till they decided to cut off all the pedestrian routes other than Holmeside when they got rid of the ramp, the market and the rights of way through the civic.  More superb planning.
Edited 04 Apr 2024, 6:23 pm by stagecoachbusdepot.
stagecoachbusdepot
04 Apr 2024, 6:22 pm #24

(04 Apr 2024, 6:07 pm)Storx (Edited): It's a shame they couldn't do something like the above to create a better link for buses going East tbh. Just checked the plans for it and there's nothing though, seems such a simple scheme and would better connect Park Lane for pedestrians aswell. There does seem to be a path though.

Yeah would have been good if they did something like that – just had a look too and plans suggest not.  Will at least be good to see pedestrian access restored… the old metal pedestrian ramp that was there for decades was well used till they decided to cut off all the pedestrian routes other than Holmeside when they got rid of the ramp, the market and the rights of way through the civic.  More superb planning.

Storx

04 Apr 2024, 6:28 pm #25
(04 Apr 2024, 6:22 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Yeah would have been good if they did something like that – just had a look too and plans suggest not.  Will at least be good to see pedestrian access restored… the old metal pedestrian ramp that was there for decades was well used till they decided to cut off all the pedestrian routes other than Holmeside when they got rid of the ramp, the market and the rights of way through the civic.  More superb planning.

Yeah, would've literally gave the buses a stop in the interchange aswell without actually serving it so most people could get a bus there.

Agreed though with the pedestrian connections, mind it was all grotty typical 1960's/1970's planning. Some horrid horrid schemes got through that time and sadly Sunderland has a lot of it. Not as bad as Gateshead and the East side of Newcastle mind which still really blights both to this day.
Storx
04 Apr 2024, 6:28 pm #25

(04 Apr 2024, 6:22 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Yeah would have been good if they did something like that – just had a look too and plans suggest not.  Will at least be good to see pedestrian access restored… the old metal pedestrian ramp that was there for decades was well used till they decided to cut off all the pedestrian routes other than Holmeside when they got rid of the ramp, the market and the rights of way through the civic.  More superb planning.

Yeah, would've literally gave the buses a stop in the interchange aswell without actually serving it so most people could get a bus there.

Agreed though with the pedestrian connections, mind it was all grotty typical 1960's/1970's planning. Some horrid horrid schemes got through that time and sadly Sunderland has a lot of it. Not as bad as Gateshead and the East side of Newcastle mind which still really blights both to this day.

missedbus

04 Apr 2024, 6:41 pm #26
(03 Apr 2024, 2:19 am)pbjd The stop on Crossgate will be even busier due to serving routes coming into the town via Laygate as well as routes that leave via Westoe Road, but I think the busiest in Shields would be Station Road with only the 10, 516 and E1 not observing the stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Station Road has 46 buses per hour weekday daytime. It's relatively quiet though.
Edited 04 Apr 2024, 6:44 pm by missedbus.
missedbus
04 Apr 2024, 6:41 pm #26

(03 Apr 2024, 2:19 am)pbjd The stop on Crossgate will be even busier due to serving routes coming into the town via Laygate as well as routes that leave via Westoe Road, but I think the busiest in Shields would be Station Road with only the 10, 516 and E1 not observing the stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Station Road has 46 buses per hour weekday daytime. It's relatively quiet though.

05 Apr 2024, 2:27 am #27

What's mad is that it's actually a timing point for the 39s/2s., yet we're told we're not allowed to wait our time there, but also, don't operate early!
deanmachine
05 Apr 2024, 2:27 am #27

What's mad is that it's actually a timing point for the 39s/2s., yet we're told we're not allowed to wait our time there, but also, don't operate early!

05 Apr 2024, 11:51 am #28
Fowler Street - Town hall in South Shields has 16 different services during the bulk of the day for a total of 46 busses an hour during the day with extras at peak times.
User2613
05 Apr 2024, 11:51 am #28

Fowler Street - Town hall in South Shields has 16 different services during the bulk of the day for a total of 46 busses an hour during the day with extras at peak times.

05 Apr 2024, 12:02 pm #29
(05 Apr 2024, 11:51 am)User2613 Fowler Street - Town hall in South Shields has 16 different services during the bulk of the day for a total of 46 busses an hour during the day with extras at peak times.

That's all dropping off though, it is busy though.
deanmachine
05 Apr 2024, 12:02 pm #29

(05 Apr 2024, 11:51 am)User2613 Fowler Street - Town hall in South Shields has 16 different services during the bulk of the day for a total of 46 busses an hour during the day with extras at peak times.

That's all dropping off though, it is busy though.

05 Apr 2024, 4:20 pm #30
(05 Apr 2024, 12:02 pm)deanmachine That's all dropping off though, it is busy though.

Not necessarily, when I’ve been on there’s been people got on there to go to the interchange
User2613
05 Apr 2024, 4:20 pm #30

(05 Apr 2024, 12:02 pm)deanmachine That's all dropping off though, it is busy though.

Not necessarily, when I’ve been on there’s been people got on there to go to the interchange

col87

26 Apr 2024, 4:08 pm #31
Busiest stop in Hartlepool is probably Victoria Road opposite the Grand Hotel. It’s supposed to be two separate stops but often don’t work like that as it can be quiet for a good 5 - 8 minutes before 3 or 4 buses all come at once meaning they ends up been a queue or if they go just after the stop blocking another bus in until they move. They is about 20 buses an hour on Monday - Saturday daytime trying to use the stops.
col87
26 Apr 2024, 4:08 pm #31

Busiest stop in Hartlepool is probably Victoria Road opposite the Grand Hotel. It’s supposed to be two separate stops but often don’t work like that as it can be quiet for a good 5 - 8 minutes before 3 or 4 buses all come at once meaning they ends up been a queue or if they go just after the stop blocking another bus in until they move. They is about 20 buses an hour on Monday - Saturday daytime trying to use the stops.

Pages (2) Previous 1 2

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average