Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Change of Mayoralty in the North East

Change of Mayoralty in the North East

Change of Mayoralty in the North East

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
Unber43

04 May 2024, 8:16 am #21
(04 May 2024, 6:18 am)Storx I have very low expectations personally. It's obviously the likes of Gammon will be in charge now and Nexus which is fully operated by Labour councils is such a fantastic operation aswell.

Like Turkeys voting for Christmas in transport terms.

The fact one of her manifestos was to do an app just sums it up, there's been nothing stopping them doing it anyway. Other areas have managed to do it, it's literally the point of the stuff like the BSIP which we've chose to waste of pointless bus stations and bus routes to Mars.
Does it go via Wiltshire Drive, if so excellent use of money
Unber43
04 May 2024, 8:16 am #21

(04 May 2024, 6:18 am)Storx I have very low expectations personally. It's obviously the likes of Gammon will be in charge now and Nexus which is fully operated by Labour councils is such a fantastic operation aswell.

Like Turkeys voting for Christmas in transport terms.

The fact one of her manifestos was to do an app just sums it up, there's been nothing stopping them doing it anyway. Other areas have managed to do it, it's literally the point of the stuff like the BSIP which we've chose to waste of pointless bus stations and bus routes to Mars.
Does it go via Wiltshire Drive, if so excellent use of money

04 May 2024, 9:18 am #22
Given that Kim plans to franchise buses over the whole of her area, I wonder whether Nexus will continue to exist as such. We can still have a local management for Metro and some local tickets/fares for days restricted to Tyne & Wear.

There are rumours that even in Newcastle Kim got more votes than Jamie. So, has the job of North of Tyne Mayor continued and they both gone head to head, Kim might even have been voted in by the electorate in this more restricted area.
MetrolineGA1511
04 May 2024, 9:18 am #22

Given that Kim plans to franchise buses over the whole of her area, I wonder whether Nexus will continue to exist as such. We can still have a local management for Metro and some local tickets/fares for days restricted to Tyne & Wear.

There are rumours that even in Newcastle Kim got more votes than Jamie. So, has the job of North of Tyne Mayor continued and they both gone head to head, Kim might even have been voted in by the electorate in this more restricted area.

Rob44

04 May 2024, 10:00 am #23
(04 May 2024, 9:18 am)MetrolineGA1511 Given that Kim plans to franchise buses over the whole of her area, I wonder whether Nexus will continue to exist as such.  We can still have a local management for Metro and some local tickets/fares for days restricted to Tyne & Wear.

There are rumours that even in Newcastle Kim got more votes than Jamie.  So, has the job of North of Tyne Mayor continued and they both gone head to head, Kim might even have been voted in by the electorate in this more restricted area.

she on each area including north tyneside from what i read
Rob44
04 May 2024, 10:00 am #23

(04 May 2024, 9:18 am)MetrolineGA1511 Given that Kim plans to franchise buses over the whole of her area, I wonder whether Nexus will continue to exist as such.  We can still have a local management for Metro and some local tickets/fares for days restricted to Tyne & Wear.

There are rumours that even in Newcastle Kim got more votes than Jamie.  So, has the job of North of Tyne Mayor continued and they both gone head to head, Kim might even have been voted in by the electorate in this more restricted area.

she on each area including north tyneside from what i read

markydh

06 May 2024, 11:59 am #24

Newcastle
McGuiness - 26,429
Driscoll - 25,018

North Tyneside
McGuiness - 24,858
Driscoll - 18,325

Northumberland
McGuinness - 27,992
Driscoll - 22,716

McGuinness would therefore have beaten Driscoll in the smaller North of Tyne area.
Edited 06 May 2024, 12:00 pm by markydh.
markydh
06 May 2024, 11:59 am #24

Newcastle
McGuiness - 26,429
Driscoll - 25,018

North Tyneside
McGuiness - 24,858
Driscoll - 18,325

Northumberland
McGuinness - 27,992
Driscoll - 22,716

McGuinness would therefore have beaten Driscoll in the smaller North of Tyne area.

Pages (2) Previous 1 2

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average