Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Nexus 2013 accounts

Nexus 2013 accounts

Nexus 2013 accounts

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Andreos1

10 Jul 2013, 9:11 pm #21
Lets just hope they have a decent set of brakes for the journey home then? :p

I have experience working with unemployed/soon to unemployed people across the North East and trying to get them into work (not JCP).
The barriers I have to overcome (not just the ones put up by the 'jobseekers') when trying to help, including transport issues, is crazy.

The main issue/difficulty is transport. Either the cost of or lack of.
* A journey is too long.
* Too expensive.
* Too many changes.
* Doesn't get back in time to pick the kids up
* Doesn't start in time
* Finishes before the shift does
* Or just cannot be carried out using public transport.

Some argue that if you wanted a job, you would do whatever it takes to get a job, but like some of the places I have mentioned and the Chopwell/Stanley scenario, it isn't that easy.

Nexus state they aim to subsidise services, so that key services are accessible.
I think the commercial operators need to develop some sort of awareness towards the communities they serve - for everyones long term interests, including *dare I say it - looks around to see who is reading this, whispers quietly* their shareholders.
Andreos1
10 Jul 2013, 9:11 pm #21

Lets just hope they have a decent set of brakes for the journey home then? :p

I have experience working with unemployed/soon to unemployed people across the North East and trying to get them into work (not JCP).
The barriers I have to overcome (not just the ones put up by the 'jobseekers') when trying to help, including transport issues, is crazy.

The main issue/difficulty is transport. Either the cost of or lack of.
* A journey is too long.
* Too expensive.
* Too many changes.
* Doesn't get back in time to pick the kids up
* Doesn't start in time
* Finishes before the shift does
* Or just cannot be carried out using public transport.

Some argue that if you wanted a job, you would do whatever it takes to get a job, but like some of the places I have mentioned and the Chopwell/Stanley scenario, it isn't that easy.

Nexus state they aim to subsidise services, so that key services are accessible.
I think the commercial operators need to develop some sort of awareness towards the communities they serve - for everyones long term interests, including *dare I say it - looks around to see who is reading this, whispers quietly* their shareholders.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average